Custom assets on bottom screen?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Custom assets on bottom screen?

Post by SuperAj3 »

Hi, I was just wondering how to make a custom bottom screen to interact with. I can understand making an investigation phase, and essentially examining the bottom screen as your way to do this for certain areas, but is there a more permanent way to?

For example: The option on the left being my default bottom screen:

Another question I have is if you can draw text on the bottom screen. I've made buttons of a custom size, and thought that if there was a way to do so, I could avoid making images with all my text options. (To fill in the slots on that mockup on the right above)

I'm guessing this'll require knowledge of scripting, If there are tutorials on the language AAO uses, please help me find the appropriate ones. :oops: I'll do some reading and share my results if I get something working.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Custom assets on bottom screen?

Post by Enthalpy »

This level of customization isn't something that AAO currently supports easily. Anything like this will have to go through the "Ask player to point to an area" command.

This is something that I'd like to see supported someday, but is not on my list of upcoming projects.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson