Help! Can't Consistently Move in Investigation?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Help! Can't Consistently Move in Investigation?

Post by ikuzonos »

Hi there, I'm having trouble consistently moving between locations while playtesting my case. I've read the available guides, played around with the trial editor, and searched the forums, but nothing is working.

I can move to the second location I've set up (Hallway), but once I arrive there, I can't move back to the first one. I have the location "revealed" in the editor. I'm sure there's a very obvious solution to my problem, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Help! Can't Consistently Move in Investigation?

Post by Enthalpy »

I've quickly run through your trial to find the "bug." Here's what I found:
From the second scene, you're able to move to the first scene perfectly fine. However, you never set any of the main frame options for the first scene, so when you move there, nothing on-screen obviously changes. You can tell the difference between the two scenes by checking the name of the move location and seeing if there are available talk options.

If you want the background to change when the player goes to scene #1, please edit that scene's main frame by Dialogue -> Open -> Settings -> Main frame screen editor.

Let me know if that solves your issue.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Re: Help! Can't Consistently Move in Investigation?

Post by ikuzonos »

Enthalpy wrote:I've quickly run through your trial to find the "bug." Here's what I found:
From the second scene, you're able to move to the first scene perfectly fine. However, you never set any of the main frame options for the first scene, so when you move there, nothing on-screen obviously changes. You can tell the difference between the two scenes by checking the name of the move location and seeing if there are available talk options.

If you want the background to change when the player goes to scene #1, please edit that scene's main frame by Dialogue -> Open -> Settings -> Main frame screen editor.

Let me know if that solves your issue.
That did it! Thank you so much!