Need help on "auto-text sections".

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

StuPit
Spoken languages: English

Need help on "auto-text sections".

Post by StuPit »

Greetings, those of AAO. I'm currently working on creating my own fan-case and I'm struggling with implementing a certain aspect that many Ace Attorney fans know about, that being how in most cases - it begins with an cutscene that doesn't require any player interaction and the text moves at it's own pace. An example being The First Turnabout's opening, I'm not certain what this is actually called... Thus, I decided to call it an auto-text section. I've tried looking through multiple posts in this forum for help regarding my issue, however they often lead to dead links or don't explain it ( at least, well enough for me to understand ). If there's anyone willing to help provide an explanation, I would very much appreciate it.
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Re: Need help on "auto-text sections".

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Next to each frame there is "Wait for" written. In the box is the amount of ms it'll wait before moving onto the next frame. If it's 0, it'll wait for the player to click. That's default.
Any other value and it'll move onto the next frame as soon as the text finishes typing and the value of time you inputted passes.
For instance, if you add 7000 it'll wait 7 seconds before moving onto the next frame. If you add something like 1 it'll move instantly, or wait for the text to finish typing if there is text.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Need help on "auto-text sections".

Post by Enthalpy »

Also, if you can show me some of these dead links, I can try to fix them. I'm guessing they never got updated from the server move.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson