Sounds will cut-out mid-trial!

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Sandoozles
Spoken languages: English

Sounds will cut-out mid-trial!

Post by Sandoozles »

Hey guys,
I've been running into an issue with the case-maker recently. During playtesting, and even during official playthrough after a case has been made, the music (not sounds) has been cutting-out during.
For instance, music will play through courtroom lobby scenes and into the first testimony. After the first testimony, the objection theme will come on, but then it will cut out mid-way through. The next music scheduled to come-up will play for a brief moment when it's supposed to start, and then it will cut-out again. I have a few cases running and it won't always happen at the same parts, but it will always happen.
All of the sounds and music are fully loaded before starting the trial.
Has anyone else run into this issue?
Thanks!
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Re: Sounds will cut-out mid-trial!

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Perhaps I have no business posting since I offer no solution, but I can say I have experienced something similar, with music simply giving up sometimes midway through a trial. Hasn't happened to me in a long time (because I haven't been playing much :P), nor do I remember any circumstances which might've caused the issue.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
ThePaSch
Spoken languages: English, German (native)

Re: Sounds will cut-out mid-trial!

Post by ThePaSch »

Sandoozles: The next time this happens to you, could you hit F12 on your keyboard while having the AAO browser tab in focus, navigate to the Console tab in the new dock that opens, and let me know if there are any lines of text with a red background? Those would be (mostly) Javascript errors; some of them do pop up from time to time for whatever reason, and while they're usually not severe enough to cause issues, the sound system AAO uses is known to be sort of outdated. I wasn't able to reproduce this issue in any of my trials, so could you post a link to a trial where this issue is consistently reproducible for you?