Having trouble using external resources

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Dylan Dog
Spoken languages: English, Italian

Having trouble using external resources

Post by Dylan Dog »

I know that there was already a couple posts asking about this, but they are pretty outdated now. No matter what, I can't seem to be able to upload images to use in a case -- I've tried Dropbox (but apparently you cannot use Public Folders at all anymore), Google Drive (no kind of link seems to work properly), and Imgur (same issue as Drive).
TimeAxis
Spoken languages: English

Re: Having trouble using external resources

Post by TimeAxis »

Imgur should work. Just right click the image, click Open Image in New Tab, and you should have a working link from that.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
Dylan Dog

Post by Dylan Dog »

TimeAxis wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:26 am Imgur should work. Just right click the image, click Open Image in New Tab, and you should have a working link from that.
...Now I feel dumb. So it was the .png at the end, basically. Thank you plenty!
Dylan Dog

Post by Dylan Dog »

Welp, now I'm kind of having another problem. Ack. I have no idea where to host music and sounds now, since imgur was the only website I can use and well, only accepts images.
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

Try this thread:

https://aaonline.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11015

It may seem outdated, but it should still generally work, there just might be a few buttons here or there with slightly different names.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

Dylan Dog wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:25 pm Welp, now I'm kind of having another problem. Ack. I have no idea where to host music and sounds now, since imgur was the only website I can use and well, only accepts images.
Personally, I use Discord for music and sounds.

Just right click the audio's blue title, inspect element, and take the link. In this case it'd be https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... u_Open.mp3 (this site automatically abbreviates the link but it'd be the full link). Yes, this method does work because I use it. Hope that helps.
ImageImageImage
Dylan Dog

Post by Dylan Dog »

ChingKittyCat wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:20 pm
Dylan Dog wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:25 pm Welp, now I'm kind of having another problem. Ack. I have no idea where to host music and sounds now, since imgur was the only website I can use and well, only accepts images.
Personally, I use Discord for music and sounds.

Just right click the audio's blue title, inspect element, and take the link. In this case it'd be https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... u_Open.mp3 (this site automatically abbreviates the link but it'd be the full link). Yes, this method does work because I use it. Hope that helps.
Oooo, thank you! I believed, from the other threads here, that Discord was disallowed alongside sites like Wikia, but since it's being used I assume it is not part of those. This makes it all WAY WAY easier...
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

Dylan Dog wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:35 pm
Oooo, thank you! I believed, from the other threads here, that Discord was disallowed alongside sites like Wikia, but since it's being used I assume it is not part of those. This makes it all WAY WAY easier...
I wouldn't know if it is since I'm pretty new (and haven't seen all the rules on what hosting sites are disallowed), but if it is, hopefully someone could come and tell us.
ImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Discord isn't "disallowed", but I personally wouldn't trust it for hotlinking; it's not designed for anything like that.

I'd recommend what TimeAxis posted earlier.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson