What SAFE sites can I use to host music (except fileden)?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Gizmological
Spoken languages: English

Re: What SAFE sites can I use to host music (except fileden)

Post by Gizmological »

Lind wrote:Kiwi6 is no longer allowing uploads for anything but premium users.
Are you sure?

I just tried uploading something and the message I got was "Due to capacity issues, only premium users can upload at this time. Please try again later or upgrade to a paid plan." I've had this message a few times but it's normally just a temporary thing. If you keep trying over time, you should be able to upload eventually.

Edit:
Thatonejimmy wrote:Another good one is https://instaud.io/ and, another pro, It's still a working website, unlike the other two.
This works much better. I've since moved all my audio here. I recommend just using this.
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

Sorry to necropost, but unless I'm being stupid I can't see a "direct hotlink" option on instaud.io.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Gizmological

Post by Gizmological »

After uploading a sound file, right click the download button and copy the link address. This is the link you use to hotlink the file.
Exedeb
Spoken languages: Italian, English

Post by Exedeb »

I used kiwi6 but now it doesn't work anymore.
So now i'm using Dropbox, and it works perfectly.
For images i use Photobucket, but you can use Drobox for that, too.
123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Post by 123fendas »

I use Imgur for images. I hope it doesn't shut down, though. But I don't think so, Imgur is pretty big.
PortablePenguin
Spoken languages: English, Norwegian

Need help with music hosting

Post by PortablePenguin »

You see, I've tried so many different hosting sites, and found that the only site that I got to get a working link out of, was dropbox. However, these links would after a while get changed, thus I had to change the link in the case editor. So if anyone could tips me with what site works for them, or maybe help me with my link-changing porblem, it would be highly appreciated. :phoenix:
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Please look at other topics to see if they have asked a similar question before starting a new topic. It keeps things less organized and gets you relevant looks sooner.

I'd recommend looking over the recommendations here.

As for Dropbox automatically changing the links on you, this is the first I've heard of Dropbox ever doing such a thing. If you have a public Dropbox folder, have you considered just using the Dropbox links and waiting to see if they change again on you?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
IUndercoverTroll

Any 2016 ways of using sounds?

Post by IUndercoverTroll »

So I know that this question was already answered but that was 7 years ago and honestly the solutions either looked too sketchy or wouldn't work. So is there any new ways to upload sound effects so I can use them in the trial editor? (Also yes I tried Fileden but it wouldn't let me on the website).
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Any 2016 ways of using sounds?

Post by Enthalpy »

Kiwi6, instaud.io, puu.sh, GitHub. Get a normal Dropbox account and change the www in the link to dl, removing dl=0. You could find three out of those five from pre-existing topics and tutorials. Please clarify which of these you've tried, and what you mean by "don't work." In future, give details when saying that previous answers don't work. "The topic is over seven years old" is not a valid response when several of the posts there are in the last few months.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Ise no Kami

Where to get SFX urls

Post by Ise no Kami »

I want to use more sound effects in my cases than the ones provided by the site, but I still need urls to add those. Is there a good place to get those urls, or to post sound effects so I can use them? I'm pretty sure I can't use imgur for this.
MaybeGreg

Re: Where to get SFX urls

Post by MaybeGreg »

Personally, I use https://instaud.io/ as it doesn't decrease quality as much as other do.
Ise no Kami

Post by Ise no Kami »

MaybeGreg wrote:Personally, I use https://instaud.io/ as it doesn't decrease quality as much as other do.
Thanks, but this site isn't accepting the urls. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a specific way I have to get the url from this site in particular?
MaybeGreg

Post by MaybeGreg »

Right click the download load, copy the link address and use that.
Ise no Kami

Post by Ise no Kami »

MaybeGreg wrote:Right click the download load, copy the link address and use that.
The site's still not accepting the link. I'm starting to really hate this thing...
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

I personally use Github. It's a bit more complicated than most, but you get 1GB of free space, and you aren't restricted to sound effect hosting. If you want to host SVG's or other unusually formatted resources, it's a great website to use. (I also think the links seem to load faster than others)

I managed to make a tutorial with help from kwando1313.
Image Image Image