Questions already asked and answered

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Questions already asked and answered

Post by Enthalpy »

Speaking of which - post here if there's a question you think really should be added to the main post. Good candidates are questions that are or could be asked a lot.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Post by drvonkitty »

How to use the courtroom background (with the left-aligned, centered, and right-aligned variants) is probably a good candidate. I've been asked about it several times via PM and seen a number of other posts about how to use the courtroom backgrounds.

Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

...Okay, yes. I'll get something on that. Today and tomorrow aren't good, but I should be able to do that on Monday. Thanks for the suggestion!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

A bit of clarification:

Is the last point in my tutorial here sufficient, or is something missing?
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

That works, but a big point of confusion for newbies is knowing that the courtroom background is a large background that you use the multiple camera angles on. I’m not sure that’s 100% clear from that guide. If you can clarify that, I think that’s perfect.

I also mention it in my v6 guide in the helpful hints section

Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Edited. Would you mind checking it over? If that looks good to you, I'll edit the main post.
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Looks good!

Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Okay, added, thanks.