Advice for my cases

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

durstmd
Spoken languages: English

Advice for my cases

Post by durstmd »

I'm making a few cases as of now, and I want to make them better. I think that this could help:

-Starting tracks at a location OTHER than the beginning of a frame
-Using multiple sound effects in a single frame (most useful for breakdowns)

I have a distinct feeling that both of these factors involve variables, so if anyone could give me advice on that, I would really love it.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Advice for my cases

Post by Enthalpy »

Not variables, actually. Those techniques involve merged frames. Here's how they work in v6:

On the fifth column for each frame in storyboard, you should see a checkbox marked "merge with next." Clicking that will "merge" that frame with the next one. A merged frame continues on the dialogue from the previous one, but can have its own animation, music, or text speed. Set the desired music on this second frame, and it will play once the trial player gets to that "section" of the textbox.

For instance, let's say that you wanted Phoenix to say "Wait... What?", with the "Huh?" sound effect playing on the latter part of that. You would put divide that dialogue into the two frames with "Wait... " and "What?", merge the first frame with the second, and set the "Huh?" sound effect to play on "What?"

For future reference, things like this should be posted in the Help and Support forum.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Just a small note: in Enthalpy's example, make sure you do "Wait... " instead of "Wait..." in the first frame. That is, make sure you leave a space at the end! If you don't, you'll get "Wait...What?" in the player instead of "Wait... What?".
durstmd

Post by durstmd »

Thanks for the tips. And, sorry for not putting this in the appropriate forum.
Meph

Post by Meph »

Moved to Help and Support.