Reecer6 Exists and Presumably Makes Sprites

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Reecer6 Exists and Presumably Makes Sprites

Post by Reecer6 »

OK, so, I've made quite a few sprites for a case (if you're in the future, this may be multiple cases) I'm making, and I've now decided I should actually show everything, even if I'm not a fan of all of them (ahem, aura's sprites). So, uh, check them out. Note that you're probably not going to see my OCs in the Random Characters thread because they're pretty limited use, in my opinion. Well, so far. You'll see.

If you want to see my non-sprite art, go here! I don't believe there are any aa spoilers, but there is art of characters from newer games.

CANON CHARACTERS:

Image (This one is in the canon characters thread, actually.)
Spoiler : Yuri Cosmos :
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler : Aura Blackquill :
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorry there's no Aura-slapping-Clonco-while-laughing sprite. That one's great.
ORIGINAL CHARACTERS:

Spoiler : Tim Idell :
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler : Christina Spacey :
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
CHARACTERS THAT ARE JUST A PROFILE IMAGE:

Finn Teare

I have more resources, but they're just backgrounds and evidence, stuff that can't be used in many other people's trials. Unless you guys want to see them.
Last edited by Reecer6 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:13 am, edited 12 times in total.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Phantom

Re: Reecer6 Exists and Presumably Makes Sprites

Post by Phantom »

Very good attepmts
Ferdielance
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ferdielance »

These are fun! It's great to see more DD character sprites.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Like the idea of the TV head one, but I've seen the concept done much better. I suggest really going outside the box and really pushing how expressive that TV can be, much like how DeKiller's Radio was still extremely emotive despite being, well, a radio.

I suggest putting Finn Tear's under "profiles" or something, since it misleads people into thinking he's got sprites. The mouths also move a bit too fast. I suggest slowing down the frames there a bit.
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

SS Sleuth wrote:Like the idea of the TV head one, but I've seen the concept done much better. I suggest really going outside the box and really pushing how expressive that TV can be, much like how DeKiller's Radio was still extremely emotive despite being, well, a radio.
You're right, but I also want to keep the characters separate from the TV; there'll be at least one who has a set of sprites in person and on the screen. That said, I was basically only thinking of having someone's breakdown be the screen going staticy, which wouldn't really be all that expressive. I'll keep it in mind and make some of the more vigorous animations do something.
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

I added some transitional sprites in two of Idell's animation to slow them down (because I need to make animations smoother than the actual games), and finally, here's a cool new character! Christina Spacey. See if you can guess why I gave her that first name!
I'm especially proud of the idle animation because I realized that AA characters don't usually just have one frame for blinking? Wow. Talk about mind-blowing. Now it looks really good.

If she looks too generic or something, yeah, I can see that, but don't worry, her other sprites should be much more expressive.
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

My biggest problem is that her one arm is really thin and doesn't match up with the other. (For some reason I've forgotten which way is left or right again. It happens after a bit.)
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

You mean the one on her waist? That would be the left one, from her perspective anyways. I can see what you mean. I was having quite a bit of trouble finding arm shapes that didn't look awful, but I guess not even this one is perfect. I'll fix it soon.
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

NOT ONLY have I added to her arm's size, but I have also removed gravity. That's a pretty important thing to forget about whether it's there or not. I'm keeping the straight hair for the profile image, though.
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

Perhaps I should've waited to merge that last post with this one, because now, I must triple post to show off this whole new sprite!
It is impossible to make a sprite look good rotated. Why is she leaning over to such an extreme? Why, because it's possible! Zero-G is pretty great.
Talk sprite is included in the OP.
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

I think the problem is a normal person would just not tilt their entire torso xP Tilting the head only would probably achieve a much more natural result, and frankly, I have the feeling the change from the normal to the leaning sprite might be too brutal in-game.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

There's a program here you might be interested in...

http://info.sonicretro.org/RotSprite

Basically, it's supposed to rotate sprites better than typical image editing software does. If you have any other sprite you need rotated, this might be an option.
Image Image Image
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

Danielinhoni wrote:I think the problem is a normal person would just not tilt their entire torso xP Tilting the head only would probably achieve a much more natural result, and frankly, I have the feeling the change from the normal to the leaning sprite might be too brutal in-game.
Yeah, but... a normal person isn't in space! Why just stand in space when you could be upside down?? And part of her thing is she's a vlogger, so I'd imagine she'd be doing jump cuts a lot, so this kind of reflects that.
TheDoctor wrote: Basically, it's supposed to rotate sprites better than typical image editing software does. If you have any other sprite you need rotated, this might be an option.
Ooh, a friend was looking for a program like that, but apparently it only rotated things in 45 degree increments. This is nice, thanks for finding it!
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Reecer6 wrote:
Danielinhoni wrote:I think the problem is a normal person would just not tilt their entire torso xP Tilting the head only would probably achieve a much more natural result, and frankly, I have the feeling the change from the normal to the leaning sprite might be too brutal in-game.
Yeah, but... a normal person isn't in space! Why just stand in space when you could be upside down?? And part of her thing is she's a vlogger, so I'd imagine she'd be doing jump cuts a lot, so this kind of reflects that.
Ah ok, if she is one, that changes everything. This entirely reflects that character then :)
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

Aaand let's go even further down this road by making her upside down when she's surprised!
Start-up and talking sprites in the OP.
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!