Ann-nna's Art Thread

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Ann-nna
Spoken languages: English, German

Re: Ann-nna's Art Thread

Post by Ann-nna »

Nicky Boy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:36 pm What do you mean, you aren't best friends if you don't roast each other :P Funny drawing, regardless, I love your little comic strips!
Well, maybe. XD Thanks! :pearlhappy:

After a lot of pondering whether I should post this, I decided that I should. XD
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

Beats me why I haven't posted these earlier. Everything, save for one picture, was drawn a varying degree of ages ago.
Spoiler : :
For... who knows how many years I've been wanting to draw my queer chars wearing their colors. And of course, the first and only ('till today) char I drew is straight. Logic.
Here, Rose's pregnant, and I mainly drew her because her child will be a trans man.
Though I did want to draw an ally. Albeit it should've been Gaudee.
The reason I didn't draw the child himself is that this Rose is from the idea for a group picture (I din't feel like drawing in its entirety) where he wasn't born yet. Not really sure why I settled on that instead of drawing him as a baby. Owell, I'll draw him separately.

Emmett was drawn today. Since this was the reason parents kicked him out, he"s trying to cover his colors.

Since she became a human, I tried reverting Bibi back to her blonde roots pun not intended. Or is it? But it didn't work out. Even though I usually get attached to the original design, that wasn't the case this time. Guess white's just more of her color. Or I drew her with white hair more often than I ever did with blonde.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I couldn't let go of her stripes, either, so I left a couple. Now that it can't be a natural thing anymore, Bibi uses hair crayons, and I imagine she wouldn't want to renew a whole lot of stripes every other day.
TL;DR it was a test to see how she'd look with 2 colored locks. And also if I can make a shaded picture entirely with gel pens once I got to coloring. XD

This is what she could've looked like.

Kid Rose. The flower was supposed to be a part of the zipper. ...until I realized it shouldn't be where it is if the hoodie's unzipped. *facepalm*

Every time the Whites try to help Hannah financially.
Without delving into details, after Emmett's case Hannah, thanks to the former, moves in with the Whites. Deeming a place to stay and free food more than enough, she absolutely refuses to accept money. But not always succeeds.

During her stay in LTA, Hannah didn't have any dresses because she didn't have any money, but Bibi fixed that by sewing one for her.

After a certain former employer chose death, I stopped breaking the canon storyline Hannah went on to work for another prosecutor - Albert Good, Emmett's father. Albeit she admired his work ethics and took pride in the fact that he let her partake in investigations (Edgeworth didn't just so I wouldn't break canon even further), it didn't last. Once she learned what he did to his own son, she started looking for another job. Hannah despises those who mistreat their children, plus being a queer person herself, she no longer felt comfortable working with him.
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

I made a Deltarune fanchar. A while back, actually. Can't even remember when was the last time I made a non-AA fancharacter. XD
Her name's Carry.
There's more, but guess I'll just link her page instead of putting all the images into this reply - https://toyhou.se/13228581.carry
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ahh so cute!!
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

Thanks! :pearlhappy:
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

Made more Deltarune fanchars.
Princess
Avery. Boy, did her design take ages... And I'm still not completely satisfied.
Her Dark World outfit's taking even longer. :sideglance2:
Squidwarden
Spoken languages: English

Post by Squidwarden »

She looks pretty! ^_^
Image Image
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

Thanks! :nod:
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

Avery finally has a Dark World look, designed with Care Bears in mind. Now to spend twice as much time choosing colors and the shirt's neckline. I guess it kinda makes sense, given she falls into the Dark World in a most likely nonexistent in canon kindergarten where she was supposed to do her internship. Plus, like every other character of mine, she loves cartoons. XD Tho I can't help but wonder if the Dark World outfits can be whatever or are supposed to represent an RPG class.
Her weapon is a ribbon for rhythmic gymnastics, which is a spiral lollipop in the Light World.
AlterUniverse
Spoken languages: Español, English, Deutsch, Eu falo um pouco de PT

Post by AlterUniverse »

I love your cartoony style and smooth animation on each one of the sprites, keep the nice work.
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

Aww, thanks, I will! :nod:
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

The end of the year seemed like a good reason to finally stop procrastinating and post the stuff I've been accumulating since the middle of November. :lol: We're mere minutes away from 2022 here.
Happy New Year, guys! May it be somehow better than whatever we've been getting lately.
Princess
Breaking news: Princess has eyes. And if I didn't mess up the lineart, it'd be more apparent she has a square-ish spiral for the pupil.
I forgot she has ears. OTL
Carry
I bought a scratchboook and, naturally, scribbled my latest hyperfixation to test it out. It was more fun than I thought.
The first dress I wanted to draw Carry in, which ended up to be the last one atm. XD It looks so good on her I'm thinking of officially adding it to her wardrobe.
Avery
Her left hand's been bugging me, but I couldn't figure out why, and JUST when I outlined it, I realized the thumb is supposed to be on the side closer to the viewer.Image
Putting Avery into one of my magical girls' costumes gave me the idea to make her Dark World form somewhat MG-esque. Quickly scrapped that one, tho.
The skirt's supposed to look like a UFO, but it seems to lack something.
I bought these markers at the end of August, and this is their first proper test. Only took me 4 months. OTL Now to try out felt pens I bought in March.
Nurse Joy Pixie
She's based on a flying fairy doll, but I kinda gave up on trying to include all of those wings.
She could've been a stuffed bunny named Maddie, but at that point I already had a fairy doll Darkner in mind, so I just decided to combine the two ideas. Maddie still exists, albeit possibly as Pop Star Poppy if I end up keeping this idea.
Pixie hairstyle changed slightly since this sketch.
Her skin wasn't supposed to be THAT neon. OTL This is Pix' original outfit. She can't take it off 'cause in the Light World it's painted on. Can't change her hairstyle, either. The entirety of her hair used to be magenta, but after she was "promoted" to a nurse, some kid snuck their parent's nail polishes in and painted her hairbuns to mimic the ambulance's lights, covering the hair decorations and making it look like she got clobbered over the left side of her head in the process.
Misc.
If it wasn't my work, Idk if I'd believe the last panel was drawn by the same person. :lol:
The idea behind this was that Carry came across Avery while the latter was crawling around, looking for her glasses. Though she could very well just be in the process of standing up after faceplanting into the Dark World which needs a name badly. Fortunately for Avery, most (if not all) of the world is covered in soft grass that is a carpet. The sky is likely the painted walls, and there's a cartoony sun which might or might not be capable of talking somewhere. Should've added flowers, now that I think about it.
Pretty sure Rouxls will sneak into every canon Dark World, so in mine he also makes an appearance. XD
The sketch predates Pixie's creation. And my decision to make a nurse at all, so she isn't here. And Rouxls got the dress else-who-knows-where. The story at present is that he stole Pixie's uniform. Also Avery sports her old DW look I tried but couldn't warm up to.
Rouxls, still on the lookout for an evil overlord, came to Carry because he overheard Princess telling the party something I've yet to come up with, which paints her in a very, very bad light. Well, more like broke in when nobody was home. Instead of kicking him out, Carry just sorta kinda accepted the fact she has a new housemate now. Maybe she's that kind, maybe she just saw how unsuccessful at this were Pixie and Avery...
Rouxls would compete with them to be Carry's main minion, while the latter's simultaneously trying to comprehend WTH is going on and keep the girls from murdering him. Then, finally seeing Carry's on the side of good, he'd turn on them for "tricking" him even tho he'd been told countless times she's not an "Evil Rulere".
It's been ages since I drew any semblance of a group picture. Not sure if Avery's hands can physically be where they are, so let's pretend Carry and Pixie are wearing weird epaulettes for some reason. Pixie is holding a book/folder/whatever because I messed up the lineart and inked her lower arm from the shoulder, and my best option was to turn it into something for her to hold.
Sketches I did at work because sometimes there's no work but you still can't go home. :sideglance2:
Avery's adventures begin. ...shortly.
That... was supposed to be surprised Avery. Doesn't look the part in the slightest.
Pompomeranian or Pompom, one of the kids Avery ends up babysitting. Born simply because I started coming up with puns on "Pomeranian" all of a sudden. The first one was Pommeranian, but I didn't know how to combine a dog and an apple. XD They're some kind of a scented plush, and I guess I'll go with spearmint. The words on the side are a part of Avery's bio.
Poppy. She's a musical toy, probably regardless of whether she remains a pop star or not.
Mother Doll. Or simply Mother, I guess. Kindergartners decided she's a stay-at-home mother, but also a modern woman, so she needs to run a business. Initially, she had ice magic and used it to make frozen treats, but I'm not sure anymore. Unless Darkners can use magic just because a Lightner decided so, she possesses it for no rhyme or reason. I'm pretty close to just scrapping it and making her a baker instead. Not that she can't make frozen treats without magic... Well, maybe this part, I'll keep. Whatever she makes can be bought directly from her or from the local shopkeeper, Bill, who is a bill, either drawn by a kid or simply a toy.
Her husband is Father Doll shocking, who was supposed to have fire magic, and they have a son, Baby Doll. Mother and Father were the original rulers of their world 'till Princess "persuaded" them to step down in her favor.
Raspberry. Maybe. A bubble dispenser who came to be because I decided to draw aesthetic for Avery's profile rather than take images from Pinterest. XD
Aesthetic in question. Raspberry is a plushie here.
Tfw you like your storyboard sketch better than the end result. And that's despite the fact I intentionally tried to draw it as badly as possible...
So I already know nothing I'll draw will look better than, or at least as good, as this. XD
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

We're still either working hard or hardly working (jk, only the latter), so I accumulated some more sketches. They're mostly silly badly drawn comics I might redraw one of these days, plus a bit of brainstorming.
Ralsei's the only one I managed to sketch from memory. Had to finish Kris and Susie when I got home. Speaking of Ralsei, his expression was supposed to be more of disbelief, but I got what I got. XD
Ralsei told Carry Avery ate moss. Carry is mildly amused and greatly concerned for her newfound idiot child.
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

I really ought to appear here more often. |D
Guess it's obvious I love to draw this kinda interactions between these two and that I suck at drawing hugs. XD This one happens at the end of Emmett's case. Hannah's been ditching her duties left and right in favor of cheering him up or helping defense, so Emmett anticipates she won't get her salary and blames it on himself.
Shortly after drawing the above picture, I decided to change Emmett's hair for that case. I thought about it since forever, and that's when I decide to change it. After finishing a picture I won't be able to edit. OTL Anyhoo, considering his parents are controlling, uptight and all about status, I guess they'd wouldn't allow his "default" haircut, seeing it as messy and too long for a boy. He'll grow his hair out eventually after moving in with his cousin.
Brainstorming Bibi's sprites. At work. XD
Bibi's happy sprite is supposed to have a start up of her twirling, so I did a bit of practice.
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

New pictures of creator's pets, I guess. XD