Ann-nna's Art Thread

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Ann-nna
Spoken languages: English, German

Re: Ann-nna's Art Thread

Post by Ann-nna »

Something that should've been finished ages ago, yet even now isn't. XD My future comp entry:
It still needs cleaning up, and I might add musical notes around her ring.
EDIT: On the second thought... Nope. Cleaning this thing up took me over an hour and, considering I'm going to remake her later anyway (I want to give her another outfit; this one just doesn't seem to suit), I'm not drawing notes yet.
Here's the large version. 8D
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

This background's been a WIP for so long I'm not sure I'll finish it. After a while I started noticing it doesn't look all that good, and I'll probably have to remake it altogether. Though I'm planning to use the same elements, just place them differently. And maybe change a couple colors.
Well, about this place: it was meant to be a juice bar Fleur used to work at.
EDIT: An almost finalized redesign. I'm still debating on whether to make the shirt longer, but the rest will remain as is.
Last edited by Ann-nna on Tue May 02, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Ann-nna wrote:This background's been a WIP for so long I'm not sure I'll finish it. After a while I started noticing it doesn't look all that good, and I'll probably have to remake it altogether. Though I'm planning to use the same elements, just place them differently. And maybe change a couple colors.
Well, about this place: it was meant to be a juice bar Fleur used to work at.
Why would you think it doesn't look good?
The tables, seats and windows are great; unless you don't mean for the alleged windows to actually be windows. The curtain also works well, since we can assume this is the leftmost area of this bar.
This leaves us with the left wall, which stands out as empty. I think it could be fixed with some sort of decoration, from a painting to a prop.

Anyhow, that's my take on it. It'd be a waste for all the elements to be thrown out, but if you feel repositioning them and altering things a bit is wiser, it may very well be.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

Tiagofvarela wrote: Why would you think it doesn't look good?
The tables, seats and windows are great; unless you don't mean for the alleged windows to actually be windows. The curtain also works well, since we can assume this is the leftmost area of this bar.
This leaves us with the left wall, which stands out as empty. I think it could be fixed with some sort of decoration, from a painting to a prop.

Anyhow, that's my take on it. It'd be a waste for all the elements to be thrown out, but if you feel repositioning them and altering things a bit is wiser, it may very well be.
I really dislike seats and tables for some reason. They seem too, idk, small? Something just seems off to me, but I can't understand what.
And yeah, the wall could really use some decorations.

----------------
A new (read: old XD) and improved Lola. 8D With and without music notes because I can't decide which one to choose. Even though I'm not happy with how the notes turned out.
ImageImage
ImageImage
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Looking nice! I like her casual outfit!

Also you know how you're saying details like chairs are too small, If I've done backgrounds I've found it easier drawing it all as a large image (maybe 10 times the size), so finer details are easier to draw.

I do like the background you've done and the chairs and tables look fine to me. I think maybe the lighting may need a bit of work, whether it's coming from the windows or a light on the ceiling, it may add that detail you feel is missing?
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

SuperAj3 wrote:Looking nice! I like her casual outfit!

Also you know how you're saying details like chairs are too small, If I've done backgrounds I've found it easier drawing it all as a large image (maybe 10 times the size), so finer details are easier to draw.

I do like the background you've done and the chairs and tables look fine to me. I think maybe the lighting may need a bit of work, whether it's coming from the windows or a light on the ceiling, it may add that detail you feel is missing?
Thanks!

I draw everything twice the size. I'm not comfortable with working on large pictures, and even this is too big for me. XD

Thanks for the advice!

A WIP more like a preview of what I'm working on. ...instead of Sandra's sprites like I intended to don't even remember when. She'll be Xandra from now on, btw. It sounds so much mor like "thunder" than Sandra. And Xing will be Sing because I can't get used to Xing. XD I hate it for whatever reason. And Sing Song sounds better.
Blake's sprite for the comp looked absolutely hideous, so I've no choice but to remake him from scratch.
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

Just noticed I didn't color part of the zipper. |D Either way. I'm almost done with Blake's base. 8D And now to decide which head position is the default one...
Can't shake off the feeling his arms are too skinny.
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

He looks nice!

I dont know.... I feel like they're long :random: ? Maybe you should meet your good friend anatomy; she might know something. like I'm the one to talk
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

Nicky Boy wrote:He looks nice!

I dont know.... I feel like they're long :random: ? Maybe you should meet your good friend anatomy; she might know something. like I'm the one to talk
Thanks!

There's one tiiiiny problem: anatomy's my mortal enemy. XD Plus, they're the result of me trying to draw correct anatomy.
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

I know the feeling

I don't know, then. There's something, but I can't quite put my finger on it....
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Phoenix ace attorney
Spoken languages: français, español, english

Post by Phoenix ace attorney »

Hi! he's nice! :)
But there is a problem of anatomy as you say: The elbow should be a little above the navel (looks at the patterns of the human body). I think if you raise the elbow crease it will do a little better. Also, the fold or the articulation is strange (the fore-arms seem directed towards the outside which is not really natural)
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

Nicky Boy wrote:I know the feeling

I don't know, then. There's something, but I can't quite put my finger on it....

The fact that I tried doesn't mean I succeeded and you're wrong. XD His arms really are long.
Phoenix ace attorney wrote:Hi! he's nice! :)
But there is a problem of anatomy as you say: The elbow should be a little above the navel (looks at the patterns of the human body). I think if you raise the elbow crease it will do a little better. Also, the fold or the articulation is strange (the fore-arms seem directed towards the outside which is not really natural)
Thanks!
The first mistake's relatively easy to fix, but the second... I'm well aware of it, but even with the help of references I still fail to get the fore-arms' position right. Well, one day... XD

I wanted the next thing I upload to be a sprite, but looks like this isn't happening in a while, sooo...
He still needs a name. I wanted to name him Maximilian, but it sounds pretty similar to Maximillion, so I decided against it. That, and this isn't a punny name. I need to come up with something that forms a pun with his surname, which is Maker. Sounds like an easy task, but I'm stuck. XD
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

Behold! A typical Siberian spring. XD Took this photo yesterday, but forgot to upload.
Spoiler : :
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

....That's spring...
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ann-nna

Post by Ann-nna »

Yeah. One day I'm like "oh, it's getting warmer; hope I get to go out in a sweater tomorrow". The next day it freakin' SNOWS. XD