Robert Civil: Ace Attorney Sprite Comic {HIATUS 16/07/16}

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

FenrirDarkWolf
Spoken languages: English

Re: Robert Civil: Ace Attorney Sprite Comic {UPDATE! 25/06/1

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

DefenceLawyer wrote:And DarkWolf, whilst I agree with you that Sam's issues with the world mirror many of our own, we have to consider the fact that she may also have been spending a little too much time around chemicals :redd: Those things can get to you, I imagine.
That is indeed true haha
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
DefenceLawyer

Re: Robert Civil: Ace Attorney Sprite Comic {UPDATE! 26/06/1

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Update, folks!
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

dannggggg
Civil buys her better pizza than my boyfriend does for me /;w;/
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
DefenceLawyer

Post by DefenceLawyer »

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:dannggggg
Civil buys her better pizza than my boyfriend does for me /;w;/
Well, as we all know, Civil has ALWAYS loved his pizza. Ever since he was a child.

*cough*thelastpanelofcase2*cough*
tiancai

Post by tiancai »

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
tiancai wrote:I don't know but I kinda feel Samantha is ...lonely...?
Maybe because she is a little ... 'different'...?

:|
I get the feeling that she just wants someone to understand her...
And I know that feeling all too well.
Yeah, I guess I know that feeling pretty well too.

DefenceLawyer wrote: Physically she is based off of a girl who smiled at me at a self-check out in Asda - her smile just brought this character to mind; all of these insecurities and defence nature. And from that character, case 3 was built.
Wow, I kinda envy your ability to build up a case... have been writing fanfic for a while (before most of the sites get closed down) but I never really finish anything... Sometimes i build a character but was never able to put him into a story... or I get a concept but wasn't able to finish it. LOL. :random: :roll:

And i guess Sam is quite easy to relate to... I think we all get tired of the dazzling and "noisy" world we're in, we get tired of the need to mask up ourselves too ... at some point of time :side:
DefenceLawyer

Post by DefenceLawyer »

tiancai wrote:
DefenceLawyer wrote: Physically she is based off of a girl who smiled at me at a self-check out in Asda - her smile just brought this character to mind; all of these insecurities and defence nature. And from that character, case 3 was built.
Wow, I kinda envy your ability to build up a case... have been writing fanfic for a while (before most of the sites get closed down) but I never really finish anything... Sometimes i build a character but was never able to put him into a story... or I get a concept but wasn't able to finish it. LOL. :random: :roll:

And i guess Sam is quite easy to relate to... I think we all get tired of the dazzling and "noisy" world we're in, we get tired of the need to mask up ourselves too ... at some point of time :side:
Creativity isn't something you can switch off, is it? - I can't even imagine what other people's life is like who don't create: whether that be through drawing or painting or writing. How does a man live a day in his life without spinning words in his head and then sketching it down?

I think that the trick to it is to not plan too far ahead. I've always said that the only reason why this comic is still alive is because I have planned it one case at a time. And with the comic I am doing on DuckQuack, I am only aiming to make one issue and then taking it from there - let your creative mind fester on one portion of the story before you plan the finer details of the next - this is the secret I have found for actually completing projects.

You've got something good with this comic which you are making! Make sure that you stick to it and finish the story - you will honestly feel more fulfilled as a human being. It is great! :redd:

Edit: Oh, I forgot: update! :portsman:
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

DefenceLawyer wrote:Creativity isn't something you can switch off, is it? - I can't even imagine what other people's life is like who don't create: whether that be through drawing or painting or writing. How does a man live a day in his life without spinning words in his head and then sketching it down?

I think that the trick to it is to not plan too far ahead. I've always said that the only reason why this comic is still alive is because I have planned it one case at a time. And with the comic I am doing on DuckQuack, I am only aiming to make one issue and then taking it from there - let your creative mind fester on one portion of the story before you plan the finer details of the next - this is the secret I have found for actually completing projects.

You've got something good with this comic which you are making! Make sure that you stick to it and finish the story - you will honestly feel more fulfilled as a human being. It is great! :redd:

Edit: Oh, I forgot: update! :portsman:
Heh, that's a great way to put it, creativity is always there...
Even for a boring business student like me, I still create, and, although my art and writing is a bit lackluster, I do it. (I'm mostly a dancer actually XD)

On update: MY PIZZA D:
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Re: Robert Civil: Ace Attorney Sprite Comic {UPDATE! 27/06/1

Post by SuperAj3 »

Note to self, never let a lawyer order you Pizza. The phone is a dangerous weapon!

Also, reading about how you thought up this case, it's cool how little things in your life spark a full idea like that! I see that sorta ends up creating memorable stories! (Like the 'classroom trial' in the first AA actually being based on a memory of Takumi's - the game's creator- past)
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Arivenzys
Spoken languages: Français, English

Re: Robert Civil: Ace Attorney Sprite Comic {UPDATE! 27/06/1

Post by Arivenzys »

And now we go on court again. I always wonder how the defendant and witnesses manage to escape the tribunal that easily.
It's almost as there is a secret door made only for them...

tiancai

Re: Robert Civil: Ace Attorney Sprite Comic {UPDATE! 28/06/1

Post by tiancai »

*Censored* Now I hate this guy, I HATE ROBERT CIVIL!!
I just cannot stand betrayal!!!!
Now she might not trust him anymore too and it might make things worst!!!
DefenceLawyer wrote:Creativity isn't something you can switch off, is it? - I can't even imagine what other people's life is like who don't create: whether that be through drawing or painting or writing. How does a man live a day in his life without spinning words in his head and then sketching it down?

I guess there are just time it gets frustrating when inspiration don't strike. Anyway, I just sometimes tend to spoil the fun of creating with pressure.

I guess your way works ... I could really try it on some of my abandoned stories and webcomic, hopefully I can revive some of them. :tigre: :hello: :chew:

Btw, visited your comic on DuckQuack. Seems interesting. :april: :pearlhappy:
DefenceLawyer

Post by DefenceLawyer »

FenrirDarkWolf wrote: Heh, that's a great way to put it, creativity is always there...
Even for a boring business student like me, I still create, and, although my art and writing is a bit lackluster, I do it. (I'm mostly a dancer actually XD)

On update: MY PIZZA D:
The AAO Community should all club together and buy you a pizza, Fenrir. Everyone keep an eye out for the Robert Civil kickstarter, where the goal is about fifteen quid (or the ingredients of a pizza.) :calisto:
SuperAj3 wrote:Note to self, never let a lawyer order you Pizza. The phone is a dangerous weapon!

Also, reading about how you thought up this case, it's cool how little things in your life spark a full idea like that! I see that sorta ends up creating memorable stories! (Like the 'classroom trial' in the first AA actually being based on a memory of Takumi's - the game's creator- past)
"Note to self, never let a lawyer order you pizza." AH, another quote for the Robert Civil Merch :')

And I had no idea that that was based off a memory! Just shows the fine line between art and life. That is particularly interesting because that was such a big part of Game 1 (although it was admittedly unmined by Rise From The Ashes, as attention was drawn away from the kid-trial without it having much time to fester in our minds.

You know how you have those things which you like so much that you wish you could wipe your memory so you can experience the thing all over again? (that is a twisted sentence, but I have a headache, please excuse it) Well, Ace Attorney is one of those things on my list. I would love to play those games again without knowing anything about them. More parents should definitely get their kids these games, because it is essentially a trick to get kids into reading! :calisto: I know that if I ever have kids I will throw these games at them.

Also, SuperAJ, last year in the early days of this comic, one of the first things which you asked was if any AA characters (other than the basics) would turn up. We have had plenty of off-screen Gumshoe apperances and in this comic we had a reference to Hotti, but I have managed to find a place for someone, and there will be an appearance of an official AA character in comic 60! So y'all can look forward to that :jake:
Arivenzys wrote:And now we go on court again. I always wonder how the defendant and witnesses manage to escape the tribunal that easily.
It's almost as there is a secret door made only for them...
I liked how in Greeny's Francis Equatis case 2, the defendant straight up walks out of the detention centre and goes for walks around the city - I think that I reference that in one of these scenes.

Sam got off worse than most detention centre escapees, though - she got a bullet to the shoulder, the poor girl. But I guess her escape shows how much of a free spirit/serial killer she is.

Anyway, update, folks! The image hoster I use has changed a bit aesthetically, so I don't know how to get a direct link for the comic, thus today's picture quality is a bit poor.

If any of you can find the 'direct link' bit, then that would be greatly appreciated :redd:

http://imgur.com/a/8qR2b
DefenceLawyer

Post by DefenceLawyer »

tiancai wrote:*Censored* Now I hate this guy, I HATE ROBERT CIVIL!!
I just cannot stand betrayal!!!!
Now she might not trust him anymore too and it might make things worst!!!

I guess there are just time it gets frustrating when inspiration don't strike. Anyway, I just sometimes tend to spoil the fun of creating with pressure.

I guess your way works ... I could really try it on some of my abandoned stories and webcomic, hopefully I can revive some of them. :tigre: :hello: :chew:

Btw, visited your comic on DuckQuack. Seems interesting. :april: :pearlhappy:
I was kind of mad at Civil as well, but since day 1 he has always been in his client's best interest. In case 1 he broke into a witness' car to help his client!

He clearly believes in the justice system, otherwise he would have quit and become a shop clerk a long time ago - and admittedly, Sam's best place is at the witness stand until all of this stuff is over.

I think that it was during the astronomy show that he decided to trick her; I gave this trickery away by him mentioning how his mother used to make him pizza, but in the last panel of case 2, he celebrates with his "first ever slice of pizza."

The clues of his deceit were all there, but now he can actually focus on her case - something he could have done a lot more thoroughly if he didn't have to waste an afternoon tracking his client down :redd:

And thanks a lot, mate! I am trying to get good at the art thing so I can be better at spriting - I am not aiming for Hessedahl or SuperAJ levels, like, just for an average skill at it. Thus that comic was made :larry:
tiancai

Post by tiancai »

DefenceLawyer wrote:
I was kind of mad at Civil as well, but since day 1 he has always been in his client's best interest. In case 1 he broke into a witness' car to help his client!

He clearly believes in the justice system, otherwise he would have quit and become a shop clerk a long time ago - and admittedly, Sam's best place is at the witness stand until all of this stuff is over.

I think that it was during the astronomy show that he decided to trick her; I gave this trickery away by him mentioning how his mother used to make him pizza, but in the last panel of case 2, he celebrates with his "first ever slice of pizza."

The clues of his deceit were all there, but now he can actually focus on her case - something he could have done a lot more thoroughly if he didn't have to waste an afternoon tracking his client down :redd:
I guess I would believe in the justice system as much as Civil too IN THE ACE ATTORNEY world, but not so in real life. :chew:
I didn't really catch those "hints", I guess i am not someone good with details. LOL.

But well, I agree, he needs to get the trial moving and hopefully give her a "Not Guilty" verdict. But her reputation is already wrecked.
I don't really see her getting a fair trial, since impression usually plays quite a huge part.
DefenceLawyer wrote: ...I am trying to get good at the art thing so I can be better at spriting - I am not aiming for Hessedahl or SuperAJ levels, like, just for an average skill at it. Thus that comic was made :larry:
It's a good start. I am sure you'll get better with your art!
I guess, I'll be waiting for your new sprites then. 8)
DefenceLawyer

Post by DefenceLawyer »

tiancai wrote:It's a good start. I am sure you'll get better with your art!
I guess, I'll be waiting for your new sprites then. 8)
Thanks man! I'm going to create a couple of different comics, I think, so I can experiment with different art styles.

Thanks for checking it out, anyway! :redd:

Update, folks! The image hoster I use still isn't working and giving me the 'direct link' so its another lesser-quality picture today.
FenrirDarkWolf

Re: Robert Civil: Ace Attorney Sprite Comic {UPDATE! 29/06/1

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Oh god, they're going to do drugs.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego