Glen's Assets (Music/Sprites/Other Graphics)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Glen Elg
Spoken languages: English

Re: Glen's Assets (Music/Sprites/Other Graphics)

Post by Glen Elg »

Made some edits to Kriste's sprites, but I'm gonna hold off on posting every new version of the sprite.

For now, have this new character, Lucy!

Sprites used for this one are Lauren Paups's eyes and Olga Orly's left arm. I used someone's nose, too, but I don't remember at this point. Could've been Lauren's, or maybe Maya's. (Lauren stuff was from her profile, since her sprites are 3/4 view.)

I tried using Paint.NET's customizable palette thing, and it was annoying, because I kept forgetting to update the colors in the palette when I changed them in the image. I'm gonna keep using my in-picture palette from now on.

[Quick Edit: Just realized her right arm (on our left) doesn't have the cuff on it; I'll edit it later and add the cuff, and I'll probably lengthen that arm, too. I meant to do that, and forgot. :oops: ]
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

I like how cleanly your sprites come out! All the line work and colouring is very crisp!
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

I'd be interested in seeing the sprites in a fangame XD They're expressive.
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

SuperAj3 wrote:I like how cleanly your sprites come out! All the line work and colouring is very crisp!
Thanks! That's probably the thing I focus on the most when I make sprites, so I'm happy it's been coming out well! The hard part is gonna be translating the same characters into different poses.
mercurialSK wrote:I'd be interested in seeing the sprites in a fangame XD They're expressive.
Really, expressive? I've actually been wanting to make them more expressive; interesting to see that as feedback.
You'll be happy to know that all of the sprites I've posted in the thread so far are actually for a fancase I'm working on. The whole case is planned, testimonies and everything; I've just gotta make all the sprites, probably make some of the music, and then create the case in the editor. It's quite a bit, but I'm super excited, especially since these sprites are turning out a lot better than I thought they would.
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Glen Elg wrote:
mercurialSK wrote:I'd be interested in seeing the sprites in a fangame XD They're expressive.
Really, expressive? I've actually been wanting to make them more expressive; interesting to see that as feedback.
You'll be happy to know that all of the sprites I've posted in the thread so far are actually for a fancase I'm working on. The whole case is planned, testimonies and everything; I've just gotta make all the sprites, probably make some of the music, and then create the case in the editor. It's quite a bit, but I'm super excited, especially since these sprites are turning out a lot better than I thought they would.
I guess it's a bit to do with how big the eyes are. XD The faces are really elastic so they look more expressive in their static poses than some other sprites. Animation expressiveness might be kinda different though...but if you haven't made blinking frames yet can I make a suggestion to do something like this? 4 frames instead of AA's 3 frames. It might look really good in the style.

Good luck with the case :larry:
Maybe take another look at Kirste's sprite then since this sprite's arms might be hidden by the text box (just eyeballing here I haven't checked)
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

Oh, dang it, you're right; the text box blocks her arms completely. I'll have to make her taller; that won't be too much of a problem, though.
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

Nothing for my own fancase this time. I wanted to see how good I'd be at improving other people's sprites, so with his permission, I did some work on one of Titleguy1's sprites (that's the link to his art thread, go check his stuff out!); the character's name is Joshua Patterson.

I didn't do as much work editing this as I'd do for one of my own sprites, but I basically went through and made a bunch of the lines smoother. The sprite I was working with had more than 16 colors; I didn't reduce it to 16 or anything, but I got rid of a small number of them.
titleguy1

Post by titleguy1 »

Wow, that looks pretty sweet! Mind if I take a few parts from him? I'll credit you, of course.
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

Definitely; it's originally your sprite, after all!
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

Practicing drawing women (mainly) in the AA style; I did some copy sketches of Penny and Alita, then started making up my own designs. I'm thinking of using one of these for the AAO sprite comp this month, but still deciding.
Spoiler : AA Style Sketches :
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

This was going to be my entry for the Jingle All the Way comp, but I didn't submit in time (still needed the gift pictures and thought the comp ended a day earlier than it did :/ ).

This is Starr Webyr and Chet Caolo; they're New Year's Eve show hosts, and recently engaged.
Cortonith
Spoken languages:  

Post by Cortonith »

It would be an honor for you to get into the next competition next time, thoughl.

Not bad, as I see.
Currently on massive training. The only way to contact me for now is Discord.
DarthWiader
Spoken languages: Polish, English

Post by DarthWiader »

Glen Elg wrote:This was going to be my entry for the Jingle All the Way comp, but I didn't submit in time (still needed the gift pictures and thought the comp ended a day earlier than it did :/ ).
Rats! I feel guilty now... :(
I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
— Stanisław Lem
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

Eh, don't worry about it, I was literally just too lazy to re-check the deadline.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Glen Elg wrote:This was going to be my entry for the Jingle All the Way comp, but I didn't submit in time (still needed the gift pictures and thought the comp ended a day earlier than it did :/ ).

This is Starr Webyr and Chet Caolo; they're New Year's Eve show hosts, and recently engaged.
They still look fantastic! You have plenty of time now to join into the next comp so no need to worry!
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april: