OC.

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

OC.

Post by Super legenda »

I need help with making OC, someone can help me? I'm terrible drawing.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Re: OC.

Post by SuperAj3 »

Hi! First off, you can check the "Art Guides" thread (although after seeing it myself I realise a lot of image links have died)

Also, I made a tutorial not that long ago: Link
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

SuperAj3 wrote:Hi! First off, you can check the "Art Guides" thread (although after seeing it myself I realise a lot of image links have died)

Also, I made a tutorial not that long ago: Link
The problem is my terrible capacity of draw, im worst than Ema Skye.
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

XD You can try frankenspriting then? It's when you take parts of existing sprites and stick them together. Like this:
This is really basic, and the more you try it, the more complex you can make it, and it'll help make the characters look more unique!
ImageImageImageImage
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

SuperAj3 wrote:XD You can try frankenspriting then? It's when you take parts of existing sprites and stick them together. Like this:
This is really basic, and the more you try it, the more complex you can make it, and it'll help make the characters look more unique!
Thanks you! How i can frankenspriting exactly?
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Use paint, GIMP, or any image editing software. Cut and paste parts together, then use the paint bucket to recolour.
ImageImageImageImage
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

Thanks!
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

SuperAj3 wrote:Use paint, GIMP, or any image editing software. Cut and paste parts together, then use the paint bucket to recolour.
What paint is better?
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

GIMP would be a better program. It has more options.
ImageImageImageImage
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Since you're new to this, I'd recommend Paint.net. It doesn't quite have as many options as GIMP but it's easier to work around, and the only essential feature for spriting that GIMP has is animation.

Personally I've been spriting for 10 years and I still use a combination of the two.
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

Lind wrote:Since you're new to this, I'd recommend Paint.net. It doesn't quite have as many options as GIMP but it's easier to work around, and the only essential feature for spriting that GIMP has is animation.

Personally I've been spriting for 10 years and I still use a combination of the two.
Well, the animation is important in AAO, thanks for paint recommendation.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Super legenda wrote:
Lind wrote:Since you're new to this, I'd recommend Paint.net. It doesn't quite have as many options as GIMP but it's easier to work around, and the only essential feature for spriting that GIMP has is animation.

No problem. For the record, I just make the frames in Paint.net, save each frame as a file, and then make the animation sequence in GIMP. I'd definitely recommend trying that method, but at the end of the day you should just toy around with both and figure out what works best for you.
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

Lind wrote:
Super legenda wrote:

No problem. For the record, I just make the frames in Paint.net, save each frame as a file, and then make the animation sequence in GIMP. I'd definitely recommend trying that method, but at the end of the day you should just toy around with both and figure out what works best for you.
Thanks you!