Akkanen's Art Hub [Requests Closed]

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

akkanen
Spoken languages: English

Akkanen's Art Hub [Requests Closed]

Post by akkanen »

Hey there! This is my first post in this forum, and since I don't know how to initiate contact, I figured creating an art thread would be good enough. :calisto:
sorry for the awkwardness by the way oof

Critiques are always welcome, especially for sprites! o/
- - -
Notes:
As of now, sprites aren't allowed to be of use, unless you were the one who requested the said sprites.
Locations can be used, but please credit me for the edit (and if possible, link me to the trial you've used it. :) )
- - -
Sprites:
※ Gakuran Phoenix: (requested by bigwins)
Spoiler : :

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Unnamed young detective Riley Winters:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

*Old sprites*

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
※ Dez Reyner: (requested by SuperAj3)

Image Image
Image Image
※ Ema Skye, Rebecca Chambers edit: (competition entry)
Image Image Image

Locations:
※ Control room / Evidence room checkpoint(?):
※ Hospital room:
※ Dressing room:
※ Backstage hallway:

Old Art:
* All of these are resized.
Spoiler : Franziska (June, 2018) :
Made for my gf for her birthday.
Spoiler : Ema (July, 2018) :
Was actually testing colouring techniques, but it didn't work out well. xd
Spoiler : Apollo (September, 2018) :
Made because of a silly case in AO (Attorney Online).
- - -
Spoiler : Old/Finished Request Corner :
Request Corner:
Help me out be a better asset artist(?) by sending in a request. You can request me a sprite, a zoom in, or an image for those covers. Unfortunately, I have no example yet that I can provide but I'll do my best!

Thanks for requesting me! I'll be doing them now as soon as I can. :larry:

1.) Gakuran Witness Phoenix for bigwins. [ DONE ]
2.) SuperAj3's character. [ DONE ]
3.) nahu0093 [ DONE ]
Thanks for visitin' this thread~ o/
Last edited by akkanen on Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.
When life gives you lemons, you got to update the lemon's autopsy report.

*insert clever text here which I can't think of*
bigwins

Re: Akkanen's Art Hub [Requests Open]

Post by bigwins »

First off, these look GREAT. The color scheme and outfit style you've got going here are really impressive, and it took me a while to notice what was frankensprited from what. The face does look slightly compressed (pushed down to the lower half of the head) but overall these are amazing, and I'd love to use them when they're done.

Also, if you're taking requests, I do have one thing I'd love to see: Phoenix front sprites, sort of how he looks in this sprite (https://i.imgur.com/y7nEar3.gif), but wearing the school uniform worn by Ryuunosuke and Asougi (and Apollo, in his SoJ DLC costume). Keep doing what you're doing, these are really solid!
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Hi! First off welcome!
Your sprites are really good woah! Very nice and clean and I like her design!
I've started using FireAlpaca and there's a separate website they offer for animating files. http://firealpaca.com/en/douga/ (The program's more for drawings than sprites. It cuts pixel size into decimal points so I find it a little uncomfortable for pixel art).
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
akkanen

Post by akkanen »

UPDATED the thread with some animation version of the detective's emotes now. I forgot Photoshop can animate now, so, lol. :calisto:
※※※
bigwins wrote:First off, these look GREAT. The color scheme and outfit style you've got going here are really impressive, and it took me a while to notice what was frankensprited from what. The face does look slightly compressed (pushed down to the lower half of the head) but overall these are amazing, and I'd love to use them when they're done.

Also, if you're taking requests, I do have one thing I'd love to see: Phoenix front sprites, sort of how he looks in this sprite (https://i.imgur.com/y7nEar3.gif), but wearing the school uniform worn by Ryuunosuke and Asougi (and Apollo, in his SoJ DLC costume). Keep doing what you're doing, these are really solid!
Aww, you're too kind. Thank you very much! :maggey: Oh, it might look like the face is slightly compressed because I'm trying to have her look down, kind of like Adult Ema's serious sprite. I do have to admit, I still have to edit her hair to emphasize that ahaha. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll let her be usable. I'll be having her as a key part of my trial in the future, so I hope you can understand. ;;

Oh, a Phoenix front sprite with a gakuran? I may just be able to do a few of those, granted I can use the custom ones as bases. Nevertheless, I'll try!
SuperAj3 wrote:Hi! First off welcome!
Your sprites are really good woah! Very nice and clean and I like her design!
I've started using FireAlpaca and there's a separate website they offer for animating files. http://firealpaca.com/en/douga/ (The program's more for drawings than sprites. It cuts pixel size into decimal points so I find it a little uncomfortable for pixel art).
Thank you very much for the warm welcome, and for the compliement! :maggey:

Oh, I didn't know they offer animating via site, and it's not good for spriting, huh? I see, I'll be leaving all my animations on Photoshop instead then ahaha~ Still, thank you for the information. o/

SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Yeah Photoshop I've found works much better for sprites (Wish I still had access to it T_T).

I guess if you're taking requests to improve, Maybe I can request a sprite of my OC? I don't really have a preference for a pose, but something funny or silly would be fun to see XD
Spoiler : some references :
Without his beanie:
ImageImageImageImage
bigwins

Post by bigwins »

No problem about using them, was just hoping they don't go unused as they're pretty great! Thanks for taking the request, it is a pretty weird one
Ann-nna
Spoken languages: English, German

Post by Ann-nna »

Your sprites look fantastic! Keep up the good work! :pearlhappy:
nahu0093
Spoken languages: Español y algo de ingles

Post by nahu0093 »

Do you accept animation orders?
akkanen

Post by akkanen »

SuperAj3 wrote:Yeah Photoshop I've found works much better for sprites (Wish I still had access to it T_T).

I guess if you're taking requests to improve, Maybe I can request a sprite of my OC? I don't really have a preference for a pose, but something funny or silly would be fun to see XD
Spoiler : some references :
Without his beanie:
Ooh, nice character! I love his design. :maggey:
A funny/silly sprite, eh? Alright then, I'll try my best to make it!
bigwins wrote:No problem about using them, was just hoping they don't go unused as they're pretty great! Thanks for taking the request, it is a pretty weird one
Aye, no problem! It's not really weird if you think about it, since Phoenix and his origins and all lol.

Speaking of which, I just finished making three Gakuran Phoenix sprites. They were fun to make, honestly! I tried to deviate from my usual style here to try and imitate that AA-trilogy feel.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

There's some white pixels along his left shoulder, so I may have to fix that the next time I use my laptop ahah. Still, I'm planning to add more, hopefully. I hope you like these, though! :larry:
Ann-nna wrote:Your sprites look fantastic! Keep up the good work! :pearlhappy:
Aw gosh, thank you very much! I'll do my best to continue my best! :maggey:

SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Woah those Nick ones were made fast! I like your colour choice! I think the only tip I have (and I know you said you were going for the Trilogy's style, and it's not really seen in the AA and JFA sprites), is to anti-alias the outlines, just to make them a little smoother. Other than that nice work! :larry:
ImageImageImageImage
bigwins

Post by bigwins »

Oh man, these are incredible! And multiple poses too! These are super cool, perfect shading and color (and wow, you work fast). I especially like the slumped pose, great sleeve-ruffling going on there. Thank you for doing them, they're awesome!
akkanen

Post by akkanen »

UPDATED the thread and replaced Gakuran Phoenix's old sprite with a newer, cleaner and better version. :larry:
---------
SuperAj3 wrote:Woah those Nick ones were made fast! I like your colour choice! I think the only tip I have (and I know you said you were going for the Trilogy's style, and it's not really seen in the AA and JFA sprites), is to anti-alias the outlines, just to make them a little smoother. Other than that nice work! :larry:
Ahaha, I admit, it did look too sharp without using anti-alias. I re-did the outline, and hopefully it looks better now than before. Thanks for the suggestion! :maggey:
bigwins wrote:Oh man, these are incredible! And multiple poses too! These are super cool, perfect shading and color (and wow, you work fast). I especially like the slumped pose, great sleeve-ruffling going on there. Thank you for doing them, they're awesome!
Aww, thanks! Glad you like them! :maggey:

akkanen

Re: Akkanen's Art Hub [Requests Closed]

Post by akkanen »

Update! Sorry for the double post, but coming up.. some new and fresh sprites and profiles!

I finally made some profile/evidence pictures for each characters I've finished making.
Image Image Image

Also, I've finished with SuperAj3's request, made completely from scratch (while visually looking at AA artwork for some references)! I know these don't really look that silly, the idea was much better on my head than the output product. but that goes for all the things ive done so lol :calisto:
Image Image
Image Image
Now that I'm finished with the requests, I may go and take a little trip back to completely redo my unnamed character. Other than that, I may continue brainstorming with my trial and make more characters.. who knows? :maggey:

SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

AHH I LOVE IT! (And I've been watching a lot of magic tricks on YouTube so LOL this is so relevant)
Thank you so much! :larry: :larry:
ImageImageImageImage
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Woah, that sprite from scratch is really good!
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout