The results are in! It was a tough competition. The lead was changing and it wasn't sure till the last moment who will make the podium.
Starora and DannyPlaysSomeGames with 0 votes.
MasqueradeDemure with 2 votes.
Jofe ex æquo with SuperAj3 with 4 votes
Lind with 7 votes.
akkanen with 9 votes!
Congratulations and thanks everyone for entering!
The winner has now the privilege to host a new competition and choose its theme. It's up to akkanen if she decides to make another cross-site competition or to pass a share of her rights to another user.
ORIGINAL COURT-RECORDS.NET THREAD
Cosplay (コスプレ kosupure), a portmanteau of the words costume play, is a performance art in which participants called cosplayers wear self-made costumes and fashion accessories to represent a specific character. We have here on court-records.net whole sections dedicated to cosplay, so explanation isn't really necessary, is it?
- Your entry should represent an Ace Attorney (characters from PLvsAA are accepted too!) character cosplaying a persona from other video game franchise, or a movie, book, tv series, anime/cartoon, manga/comic book, music scene, entertainment show etc.
- For the characters that have their own sprites made in a style similar to AA (like, for example, 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors), your entry should be something more than simply cutting and pasting one character's head (face) over a body of other character. Tracing official artwork, like on my example, is allowed but remember, you may score more voters' points by drawing something from scratch!
- Only special sprites made for this comp may be entered.
- You can submit a whole sheet, animations, or just one sprite.
- You can submit ONE entry. However, you may sprite up to two characters in one entry, if they are somehow related.
- You have to provide some basic information about who are your characters dressed up as (what are their names, what media do they come from, etc.).
- You should try not to spoil by your sprite the events of works your characters are from. I am aware that some events became common knowledge and are not really considered spoilers, so you have to ask your own conscience about this matter.
- Crossplay is allowed.
- As long as the submission period lasts, you have the right to update and improve your sprite.
- The entry submission period will last from November 29th to December 31st January 14th February 16th February 28th. The deadline can be extended if necessary. Voting period will last for two weeks after submission close. The judging method will be a poll.
You don't need to be registered on both sites to enter or vote. Both threads will be regularly updated. But keep in mind that each user can submit only one entry and has one vote. That means, if you submit your entry on AAO, you cannot submit another on CR, even if you're using different username. Violations, if detected, may result in disqualification. If you're registered under different usernames on c-r.net and AAO, the best solution would be if you state that fact, but you're not obliged to do so. Just be honest with us and yourself and stick to the "one entry per person" rule.
I think it's safe to announce voting phase. It will last two weeks, until March 15. You vote by posting up to two following icons representing each entry. Please do not, under any circumstances, double your votes! If you post your vote on CR, don't post it on AAO. All votes from both sites will be summed up at the end.
(I wouldn't technically be against the rules to use one of your votes on CR and the other one on AAO, but it would make my job harder, so please don't do this either.)
Starora --------------- akkanen
DannyPlaysSomeGames - MasqueradeDemure
1st entry: SuperAj3
Kay Faraday cosplaying as Ann Takamaki from Persona 5.
2nd entry: Jofe
Hugh O'Conner cosplaying as Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening.
3rd entry Starora
Phoenix Wright as Scanlan Shorthalt from Critical Role campaign 1.
4th entry: akkanen
Ema Skye cosplaying as Rebecca Chambers from Resident Evil
Designs were taken from Rebecca's look for the RE: Vendetta movie.
5th entry: DannyPlaysSomeGames
Franziska decided to get a cosplay to match her whip, so she decided to be a Belmont! (Sonia Belmont, in fact.)
6th entry: MasqueradeDemure
“I’m Pearl Fey and I’m cosplaying as Mei Chang from, um… I think it’s called Fullmetal Alchemist.”
“She's this cute princess that goes on a huge adventure to help her clan. While finding her true love on the way, of course!”
“I only got to see a little bit of it though... Mystic Maya says I’m too young to watch it.”
“But I think I can understand why she likes it so much!”
7th entry: Lind
Apollo Justice cosplaying All Might from My Hero Academia. Because we all know Apollo is a lowkey weeb anyway, and why wouldn't he make some use of those horns?
Of course, even with the muscle suit, he still gets people asking him if he's cosplaying Small Might. Apollo just can't catch a break.
~ Mar '15, May '15, Aug '15, Dec '15, Mar '16, May '16, Jul '16, Nov '16, Feb '17, Jun '17, Aug '17, Nov '17, Feb '18, Apr '18, June '18, Nov '18 ~
- Each month a new topic will be picked (by the previous month's winner).
- To enter, just post your entry here.
- Stick to the theme! (This one's obvious), but make sure you enter something relevant to the theme picked.
- ONE entry per person. You can submit one character/sprite design and it can be as little as a single frame, or as large as a full set! Up to you
- NO USING OTHER FAN SPRITES. Even with permission, we want to see your own creative works. Editing official sprites is OK though.
- Be creative! Simple recolors are not allowed. At least 2 character sprites edited together with a unique color palette counts as an original sprite. Also drawing custom outfits/costumes from scratch for existing sprites is also acceptable.
(Custom drawn costume, or a splice of 2 or more official characters, with a unique palette)
(Basic recolor of official sprite, or minimal editing of official sprites)
- Please create an entirely new sprite for the competition. If you made a character you think really suits the theme, then you can still edit that sprite into a new one for the competition.
- Both AA and AAI styled sprites are acceptable, except if the task specifies one or the other.
- You get 2 weeks to vote after submissions close. This way people have time to look at the entries and vote.
- Voting will be done after submissions have closed and, as CR has no polling system, all you need to do is post a comment saying your favorite.
- You can vote for 2 of your favorite choices.
- You are NOT allowed to vote for yourself.
- You can use sprites/characters/poses from any RELEASED Ace Attorney game. Try to follow official Court-Records spoiler rules.
- You can edit your sprite and resubmit it as many times before the cut off date (preferably by editing your original entry post). These can only be minor edits to your existing entry though like fixing some messiness, anatomy, or adding new poses. No brand new characters or 'second-chance' attempts that you've made. Have confidence in the first entry you make!
- Make sure you pick a topic that hasn't been done before (Unless it's been over a year since it's been done)
- Make sure you COPY the rules into your posts to notify everyone!
- Name your topic as "CR Spriting Competition! - Insert genre/topic here"
- You have creative freedom with selecting topics, provided the entries are in the AA style of sprites. Ideas like a 2 person team collab, or situations like "Twins" where 2 characters are in the 1 sprite are also allowed as potential topics.
- For clarity's sake, make a quick sprite as an example of what you're expecting from contestants, and post it in the OP)
- YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF COLLECTING VOTES! Unfortunately, CR doesn't have a polling system, and so votes will have to be through individual comments (to prevent people voting multiple times, we will stick to posting alone)
- Once the voting is closed, it is up to you announce the results (1st, 2nd and 3rd place), and the winner.
- You can take as long as you want to start up the next competition thread. If you don't want to be the one running it, you can let 2nd place be in charge.
- You CANNOT enter if you are hosting, but you can vote.
- If 2-4 entries receive equal votes, announce those who tied, and hold a tie breaker voting between those. If 5+ and/or every entrant ties, the host can pick the winner.
- If a tie breaker ends with another tie, all those tied win, and they decide the next host amongst themselves.