Request Topic

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Reverie
Spoken languages: English

Re: Request Topic

Post by Reverie »

TheDoctor wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:
samukomini wrote:Could anyone make a Kurain Village image at night? Thanks
I got this one. I'll take care of it after I get home from work tonight.
Sorry I took so long, but I finally finished it. Here's two different versions, just in case.
Image Image
Oh wow, that's a genuinely impressive effort. I daresay those are even authentic-looking. How do you go about editing things like this?
Alex_Wright
Spoken languages: Español

Post by Alex_Wright »

Could anyone make a Payne sprite as assistant or tell me where can I find it?
erazan
Spoken languages: français, a little english

Post by erazan »

Hello !

I ask again : someone have Professor Layton Sprite as an lawyer ( or prosecutor/inquisitor ). Thanks !
JaviVader9
Spoken languages: Español, English, et un peu de Français

Post by JaviVader9 »

Hi!

I'm planning on making a saga starring Jack Sundae (oc I will ask for permission before publishing it). Do you know if an "Objection!" sprite for him already exists or if anyone could make one from this for example: http://i.imgur.com/FhmFeV5.gif by adding the right arm with the objection pose?
rayaj
Spoken languages: Filipino

Post by rayaj »

DarthWiader wrote:
Rayaj wrote:does anyone here have an animation for the unknown location.
I can't seem to find any gifs for it, I just need it for a certain case
Spoiler : :
I hope this one will do the trick:
Credits go to Mikker:

http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... f=12&t=559
thank you for providing me the gif! It really helped a lot

I will also want to request for the "cursor thing" for the reply button

this will definitely help us proceed with the project thanks!
Last edited by Enthalpy on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correcting a broken tag.

To all Detective Conan fans out there! Please support my PW/DC crossover fangame:

Ace Attorney: One Truth Prevails (Closed Beta)
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 36&t=30579
samuko
Spoken languages: Español, Français, English

Post by samuko »

Can anyone make an Old Pearl's angry pose?
You can base in these sprites:
ImageImage
Made by Yuneia
EDIT: Another request: I need the door to be closed in this image:
Credits will be given.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Might anyone be able to resize this for me and extend the waist? As it stands, he is way too large compared to the other characters in Ace Attorney, but if I shrink him, he'll need a more filled-in body to make sure he reaches the bottom of the screen while keeping his head above the textbox.
Image Image Image
Fellowzdoomer

Post by Fellowzdoomer »

Hi!

This is a simple request, but can someone point to me some actual half decent tutorials on how to sprite in Ace Attorney style? Or at the very least, to make a sprite based off a drawing? Thanks to anyone who replies to this in advance!
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Fellowzdoomer wrote:Hi!

This is a simple request, but can someone point to me some actual half decent tutorials on how to sprite in Ace Attorney style? Or at the very least, to make a sprite based off a drawing? Thanks to anyone who replies to this in advance!
There are a few around, check the "Art Guides" section.

Pretty much the easiest way to get the AA style is to study the art and sprites. If you're just going to sprite, and not draw them (Because AA sprites are just drawings downscaled so they could appear on a GBA/DS.), here are some tips:

- You can use official sprites to get the proportions
- make a new layer over an existing sprite, and draw over it with an outline, it can be the same as the outline of the sprite you're basing it off, or different.
- get all your parts in outline form and put them together
- start to do a finalised outline on a lawyer above, cleaning it all up
- do your base colours
- do your shading
- now add some details to it, like the clothing, the hair, the face etc
- colour your outlines to a darker version of the shading colour
- anti-alias your sprite. (Use colours inbetween that of the outline and the colours you've coloured it in with, to make a gradient, this makes your outlines look smoother

An example (left is without anti-alias, right is once you've done anti-aliasing)

Anti-aliasing is that final step to get them looking clean. Strait outlines look a little messy especially with pixels where you can't draw as smooth a curve as you may want.

But if you're going to draw them and then resize them I've got some tips:

- To get your character looking AA like, look at the official art and sprites and look out for things like:
  • Proportions (How big the head is in relation to the body, how wide the body is normally, neck width, facial shape, the 3 main artists Iwamoto, Nuri and Fuse do this differently, so if you're using Dual Destinies and SoJ as references, those are Fuse. To my knowledge Nuri did Apollo Justice, DGS, PlvsAA and the bulk of the games (the rest, Trilogy, AAI and AAI2) were done by Iwamoto to my knowledge.
  • Look out for shading, and those little things like the way shadows fall on the face etc
  • Eyes are so key it seems to styles so keep an eye (get it? :calisto: ) out for that!
Also, when you draw your image, try to draw it in a canvas that's a multiple of the 256x192px shape (that shape is the size of a DS screen, so when you resize it it'll be much neater). Normally I'll do it at 4x the size, so I just downscale it to 25%. The bigger the better though.

Then depending on your program, resize it using something like "bilinear" as the option (that's what I use in Photoshop), then "decrease colour depth" which essentially turns it into a sprite for you. It decreases the colours for you and pixelates it.

Then just clean it up and you're done!
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Fellowzdoomer

Post by Fellowzdoomer »

Thanks. So if I were to draw my OC on a paper and then scan it on to my laptop, what would i do? (I ask cuz by scanning i mean take a picture of the oc and it comes out to be like 800x600 haha)
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

Fellowzdoomer wrote:Thanks. So if I were to draw my OC on a paper and then scan it on to my laptop, what would i do? (I ask cuz by scanning i mean take a picture of the oc and it comes out to be like 800x600 haha)
In that case what art program will you be using?
When you trace it you can draw over it. Do the outline first, then do the colouring on the layer underneath.
If you're just using Paint, I'm not sure if that uses layers so editing your trace will be difficult.
ImageImageImageImage
Fellowzdoomer

Post by Fellowzdoomer »

I use Paint Tool Sai. That should be doable. I tried doing the franken trace but it ended up like a mutant due to the eyes :-)

Thanks for the tips, man
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

No worries! Good luck spriting! :pearlhappy:
ImageImageImageImage
Sheika
Spoken languages: Español / English / Peux lire français

Post by Sheika »

This might be somewhat complicated. Can someone make a set of Kristoph sprites wearing a blue vest like Apollo's? Include co-council sprites if creable. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: And a simpler task. I want fourteen copies of the Magatama, making seven sets of two: each set's Magatamas must be of each colour of the rainbow, and each set must include the Magatama's on and off variety. Again, thanks in advance.
Ana_

Post by Ana_ »

[]
Last edited by Ana_ on Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image