FenrirDarkWolf's Sprites

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Forum rules

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby FenrirDarkWolf » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:03 pm

They don't, I don't see how, those two colors were the same colors from his face.
User avatar
FenrirDarkWolf
 
Posts: 7522
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Following the Arrow
Gender: Male
Spoken languages: English

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby Dypo deLina » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:10 pm

The side on the back side of the hand should be the same color as the lightest shade on his face, if that helps.
チラセ・マギタ


~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~


Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
User avatar
Dypo deLina
 
Posts: 5528
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:24 am
Location: Exactly where you least expect me to be.
Gender: Male
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby FenrirDarkWolf » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Fixed:
ImageImage
User avatar
FenrirDarkWolf
 
Posts: 7522
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Following the Arrow
Gender: Male
Spoken languages: English

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby Dypo deLina » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:03 pm

That looks a lot better already. :)
チラセ・マギタ


~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~


Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
User avatar
Dypo deLina
 
Posts: 5528
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:24 am
Location: Exactly where you least expect me to be.
Gender: Male
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby Hikari Yamija » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Oh~, with that pose Phoenix looks more... "professional". Anyway, you did pretty well... but I think maybe you should to improve his talking because he seems to be spelling. If you use some "closing eyes/talking" sprites with the correct time interval (I prefer if this isn't constant) you'll get a better result. I''l explain it (I used your sprites, but I can use one of mine if you don't agree with it):


We will use the interval 0,18s to change his mouth (you can use other time interval too if you want it), then after some frames he will closes his eyes... In this moment we must to synchronize the eyes moves with mouth moves (In this case, just use the half time interval to his middle and close mouth [0,09+0,09=0,18s]) and repeat this how many times you want (changing his mouth when he start his eyes are closing, if you decide repeat the proccess)
Graph would be:
Spoiler : "Explanation" :
Original sprites by Diego
(Image-0,18s>Image-0,18s>Image-0,18s>Image)x2times (or more) -0,18s>Image-0,18s>Image-0,18s>Image-0,9s>Image-0,9s>Image-0,9s>Image-0,9s> Repeat with variations...

The result:
Image


I hope I have been helpful...
Image
"Sientete orgulloso de tus logros... y aun mas de tus derrotas pues no es mejor el que no ha perdido sino aquel que ha sabido de sus derrotas salir victorioso"
User avatar
Hikari Yamija
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:18 am
Gender: Female
Spoken languages: Español

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby FenrirDarkWolf » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:16 am

Hikari Yamija wrote:Oh~, with that pose Phoenix looks more... "professional". Anyway, you did pretty well... but I think maybe you should to improve his talking because he seems to be spelling. If you use some "closing eyes/talking" sprites with the correct time interval (I prefer if this isn't constant) you'll get a better result. I''l explain it (I used your sprites, but I can use one of mine if you don't agree with it):


We will use the interval 0,18s to change his mouth (you can use other time interval too if you want it), then after some frames he will closes his eyes... In this moment we must to synchronize the eyes moves with mouth moves (In this case, just use the half time interval to his middle and close mouth [0,09+0,09=0,18s]) and repeat this how many times you want (changing his mouth when he start his eyes are closing, if you decide repeat the proccess)
Graph would be:
Spoiler : "Explanation" :
Original sprites by Diego
(Image-0,18s>Image-0,18s>Image-0,18s>Image)x2times (or more) -0,18s>Image-0,18s>Image-0,18s>Image-0,9s>Image-0,9s>Image-0,9s>Image-0,9s> Repeat with variations...

The result:
Image


I hope I have been helpful...


Wow, that's much better than my animation, can I use it, because I'm actually using this sprite in my fancase.
User avatar
FenrirDarkWolf
 
Posts: 7522
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Following the Arrow
Gender: Male
Spoken languages: English

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby Hikari Yamija » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:42 am

I haven't problem with that... Whenever you try then with others sprites.
Image
"Sientete orgulloso de tus logros... y aun mas de tus derrotas pues no es mejor el que no ha perdido sino aquel que ha sabido de sus derrotas salir victorioso"
User avatar
Hikari Yamija
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:18 am
Gender: Female
Spoken languages: Español

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby FenrirDarkWolf » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:19 am

UPDATE:New OC/Made from scratch, thus why it sucks.
Image
User avatar
FenrirDarkWolf
 
Posts: 7522
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Following the Arrow
Gender: Male
Spoken languages: English

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby LunchPolice » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:32 am

That's a good first try. :)
This is my advice for now.

1. Up the contrast. A lot.
2. Make the lines cleaner and less jageddy if you know what I mean.
3. I don't know how to explain this, but in AA sprites, you'll find that often the main shading will often
only have about two shades, and an inbetween shade that only like a pixel wide and goes along the
edge of the darker shade to make it blend. Uh, do this thing.
4. Make the chin less pointy.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
User avatar
LunchPolice
 
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 1:05 am
Location: New Zealand
Gender: Male
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby FenrirDarkWolf » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:53 am

LunchPolice wrote:That's a good first try. :)
This is my advice for now.

1. Up the contrast. A lot.
2. Make the lines cleaner and less jageddy if you know what I mean.
3. I don't know how to explain this, but in AA sprites, you'll find that often the main shading will often
only have about two shades, and an inbetween shade that only like a pixel wide and goes along the
edge of the darker shade to make it blend. Uh, do this thing.
4. Make the chin less pointy.


Uhh, I think I tried fix it.
Image
EDIT:Mugshot.
Image
EDIT 2:Animations, yep I'm sticking with this.
ImageImage
User avatar
FenrirDarkWolf
 
Posts: 7522
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Following the Arrow
Gender: Male
Spoken languages: English

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby Singidava » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:34 am

Yay! An OC from scratch! Do more~
Just remember that usually AA sprites are cut only a little lower than waist so legs shouldn't be visible.
User avatar
Singidava
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:56 pm
Location: Finland
Gender: Female
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby FenrirDarkWolf » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Singidava wrote:Yay! An OC from scratch! Do more~
Just remember that usually AA sprites are cut only a little lower than waist so legs shouldn't be visible.


Well, in my world, she's quite tall, the dress in a little short, and thanks!

EDIT:UPDATE!:Mad:
ImageImage
User avatar
FenrirDarkWolf
 
Posts: 7522
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Following the Arrow
Gender: Male
Spoken languages: English

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby Hikari Yamija » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:48 am

Great job, I can see your "talking animation" has improved, it's more "natural" than before... but try to use the "close-mouth" in her talking too... and maybe she gets more aesthetic:
Image->Image->Image->Image-> and again... (It's the same protocol than AA original sprites)

Well... you have my support (although... I don't usually come here, the English section... but anyway, implies the same)
Image
"Sientete orgulloso de tus logros... y aun mas de tus derrotas pues no es mejor el que no ha perdido sino aquel que ha sabido de sus derrotas salir victorioso"
User avatar
Hikari Yamija
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:18 am
Gender: Female
Spoken languages: Español

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby Trybien » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:58 am

You should come here more often, you seem like an awesome person!
Trybien
 
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:20 am
Spoken languages: English

Re: Diego's Sprites 

Postby Hikari Yamija » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:04 am

Trybien wrote:You should come here more often, you seem like an awesome person!

I don't really like my english... so I prefer not to do it...
Image
"Sientete orgulloso de tus logros... y aun mas de tus derrotas pues no es mejor el que no ha perdido sino aquel que ha sabido de sus derrotas salir victorioso"
User avatar
Hikari Yamija
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:18 am
Gender: Female
Spoken languages: Español

PreviousNext

Return to Your art

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests