Re: Enigma's art (Sprite Update! Requests Open!)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

So... Instead of doing the requests... I've been playing Undertale.

Sorry.

But have this as an apology.
Spoiler : UNDERTALE GENOCIDE SPOILERS :
Also, this:

(Thanks to Hersh for help on the eye and, like, shading tips and stuff.)
enigma

Post by enigma »

Spoiler : Kinda Spoiler for Undertale? Not really? Early game spoiler I guess... :
enigma

Post by enigma »

jinxie.

ImageImage
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Re: Enigma's art (Sprite Update! Requests Open!)

Post by kwando1313 »

Woah. Looks good. Nice boat job!

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

I like the outlines in general, but i feel the coloring and shading it's too simplistic.
I think it would look nicer with other color palette.
enigma

Post by enigma »

B...But that's her colour palette in DD. I even colour-picked from the pixels. ;_;

(Though, I did neglect her overly elaborate kimono design because... i don't like dying.)
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

I think my problem wasn't exactly with the color palette, but with the shading. Let me illustrate my point better with this:
Sorry to edit it without your permission, in case you want to use this go ahead.
Even if I edited a bit the color palette adding more colors, you can see that it looks better now that it has more or less has a light source.
Also, with the new colors it looks like it has more depth and a bit of more contrast.
That's all, hope it helps.
enigma

Post by enigma »

I see. It does look nicer! However, I feel that the more limited palette is more fitting with the other Ace Attorney DS/GBA sprites which only had a limited amount of colours and often tend to have only 1-2 shades on them. For example, while the blur effect on the tray makes it look prettier/more realistic, I think it clashes a bit with the style of other AA sprites? I'm not sure.

Thank you for the feedback, in any case! (I kinda really wanna steal the eyes because those are leagues better than mine... XP )
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

In my opinion, the shading's perfectly serviceable (well, in terms of color palette. It's all really pillow-shadey, but that's not the main issue here), but Hessehl just made a lot of the colors in general darker, as well as wider and bolder in the usage. - see the blouse, Jinxie's nose and mouth, and ESPECIALLY her eyes.

The contrast is what makes the sprite look good.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

Ok, to be honest it's a fair criticism when it comes to the quantity of colors when you want to imitate the AA style.
I did some more editing and with some filters I present a version with less colors:
If you want to try it is really easy, in gimp, just go to filters and enter the option of image, transform then index and there you can choose how many colors do you want in the picture.
Bismuth Seed
Spoken languages: English

Post by Bismuth Seed »

Hello, I'm new to the forums and I'm already currently making my first trial in the making. It would be very appreciated if someone could make prosecutor animations for me. It will be a work load, as I want quite a bit. The prosecutor look would be similar to Angel Starr (Rise from the Ashes) except she would have black clothes, it would be like a dress, black hair, and despite the rather "dark" design still look pretty. I would appreciate it if the design was similar to the Phoenix Wright design.
Basically I want her to give off a dark vibe without being "goth" or "edgy", and at the same time still look attractive.
Please note that I would appreciate as MUCH animation as possible, preferably and most accepted all of them I describe for an animation (since all will require taking :/), but just to be sure I added an (Animation needed) for ones that required a full animation

1 ) Her pointing at the prosecutor's bench

2 ) Her smiling smugly, arms folded on her chest, prosecutor's bench

3 ) (Animation needed) Bangs hands on bench, looking irritated

4 ) (Animation needed) Covering ears, looks like she's screaming

5 ) (Animation needed) Her smiling smugly, waging her finger

6 ) Smiling with an I-Know-Something-You-Don't-Know-And-It's-Gonna-Screw-You-Over expression

7 ) Smiling pleasantly

8 ) Smiling normally, tears streaming down cheeks

I also need a DEFENSE ATTORNEY VERSION of her (although I will only need that for the third case in a series). It would be the same expression, same everything, except she would have brown hair instead and white clothes.

If you could do this, I don't know how to say how thankful I would be. I would credit you so hard as to saying you were the main Designer. Thank you so much if you can do this. No pressure