StuDeeYo (Requests Closed)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

StuDeeYo (Requests Closed)

Post by DeeYo »

StuDeeYo (DeeYo's Art Thread)
This is the place where DeeYo (that's me, for those who didn't know and couldn't read my username at the left hand side of the page) showcases his (my) sprites, music pieces and other works of art.
Constructive criticism is appreciated. Destructive criticism is welcome, if you want to blow off steam.
You may also request music pieces from me as well (provided the thread title says you can, which it usually doesn't), although the quality of the track and the time it takes for me to compose may not be proportional.

MUSIC
Custom AA OST
Spoiler : Tracks :
i lied
there's nothing here

soon tho
Do not use these pieces of art? without my permission. Regarding tracks made for other members of the site, do not use these pieces of art without their permission either.
Last edited by DeeYo on Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 59 times in total.

Total times sued: 10328
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Re: DeeYo's Art Thread

Post by ~Dataman~ »

These 403-melodies were honey to my ears...
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

~Dataman~ wrote:These 403-melodies were honey to my ears...
Thanks.
I wanted to put a Court theme in there, but Dropbox doesn't seem to accept it.

~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

DeeYo wrote:
Thanks.
Sorry if I was misunderstood. My browser show'd me message "403, error" when I tried to listen to them... Just tried to be humorous...
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

~Dataman~ wrote:
DeeYo wrote:
Thanks.
Sorry if I was misunderstood. My browser show'd me message "403, error" when I tried to listen to them... Just tried to be humorous...
Whoops..I'll try to fix it.

Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Oh hey, I didn't know you were a composer too :D I've listened to all your tracks, here's what I think! ;)

Ablaze's Theme ~ Condescending enemy

This song reminds me of old Rayman songs, probably because of the jester-feel to it xP The piano track's amazingly well written, I really love it (specially the first 8 seconds, they totally get you in the mood of the song right away) The only problem I have with this track are the drums, there are some parts in which the drums sound a bit clumsy or that there was a strange choice (not blaming you, I'm a drummer and the drums in my tracks are most of the time awful :P). For example, at parts like 0:20 to 0:35.

I still think it was a nice track and that would fit quite a mocky and, as the title says, condescending character.

Cross Examination ~ Moderato

The feel to this track is more like a Layton Cross-Examination. I'm not really sure if it feels AA-ish, but in comparison, I feel it lacks some background instruments and tension midway. Usually CE themes go like this: (Set-up for the track (Buildup) -> Tension rises, without need of a climax -> Track calms down and goes back to the buildup). I'm not really sure about the flute at 0:12 either. To be honest you'd have to make the track a bit longer and with more variations (This was my main flaw when I started xD)

Cross-Examination ~ Allegro

I get the same feel as the Moderato, this would fit Layton rather than AA. This one seems to have a bit more variations than the previous one, but it still feels a bit empty on instruments in the first half. I think it's a good take on bringing it to an allegro level! The only thing that I found strange were the trumpets at the end, their quality sounded strange, too synthetic compared to the rest of the song.

Pursuit ~ Wanting to avoid the truth

Considering the situation it plays in, it could fit depending on how you write those scenes. I thought it was going to be an "against the culprit" pursuit, but if it's not, then it should be okay :P (I see you love the jester-like feel in all your tracks, don't you? xD) What I really like about this song is the bass, it really sounds like the player is in trouble, it's sad that you didn't make the bass stand out a bit more and have its own parts with a new instrument or something to add tension D:

Suspense

A bit different from the AA tracks I see (sorry for taking AA and others as a reference in most of the tracks xP), it's not the same kind of "holy crap". True, it's a bit repetitive, but I'd like to see what it gives in-game. :)

Court ~ Law, immortal law

Why did I read "immoral" the first time? xP Hm... This one, I don't really know. This kind of theme should show that there is some kind of conflict going on. Here I just feel I'm discussing an opera I just watched in the opera hall with more rich people :P Not really fond of this one for what it's supposed to be, but the quality's still good.

Victory ~ Justice has been served

This one's quite good! It really feels like a case just ended and we can finally be relieved. A little bit fast paced for my taste, but the quality of the track in overall is good (although as in some of the tracks, I feel there is a lack of instruments). It's even got the saddy chords at the end, just like the AA tracks tend to have them :P

In general your tracks look promising, the only major flaw I can see is that some of the generic tracks don't quite get the same feel the AA generic tracks do. It's not easy, trust me, sometimes I have to re-do entire tracks because they don't give the accurate feeling I'm looking for :P I'd reccomend you to play around with background instruments, but also experiment with new instruments and don't stick with the same key over and over (Most of the tracks were in C minor, Ablaze's, Moderato, Allegro, Pursuit, Suspense, Court was in C major, and Victory was in C major too). Try new keys to add variety to your OSTs and don't be afraid to test :D
DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

Thanks for replying, Danielinhoni!
Actually I never went for the AA feel. I was never good at instrumentation. Or writing anything good in something else than C. (And writing anything good in C.)
I may actually remake these tracks one day, when I have some experience. Until then, I'll just pump out mediocre songs and thinking about new ways to compose. (Then fail miserably and go back to mediocre songs.)

~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Those were amazing! I loved Ablaze's theme and his pursuit song too. They somehow remind me of jazz bars in some old movies. :)

If I send you sheets for some my songs, can you track them?

My Art Thread
DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

Sure thing, Dataman! Expect the same high (background laughter) quality as ever!
(Actually, I've already started making Velorto's Anthem instrumentalized, but I had to delete everything on the computer due to some malfunction. Dropbox saved my life by saving these tracks.)

~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

DeeYo wrote:Sure thing, Dataman! Expect the same high (background laughter) quality as ever!
(Actually, I've already started making Velorto's Anthem instrumentalized, but I had to delete everything on the computer due to some malfunction. Dropbox saved my life by saving these tracks.)
:shock: That's nice! Thought it might be difficult. (It has very weak melody)
I will pm you my requests.

My Art Thread
~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Blueflower approves!

My Art Thread
DeeYo

Re: DeeYo's Art Thread (Requests Open)

Post by DeeYo »

New songs! *fanbase cheers* *owait, I still don't have a fanbase*
-Condescending Enemy ~ Revamped!
-My first reminiscence theme!
-The Majesty!
-And anything you haven't listened to yet!

~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Kommentointia:

The revamped version of Ablaze's theme gives me a imagination of a west-side saloon piano-player. When the hero slams the doors open, and this song starts playing.
When I play the trial where this guy appears, I will be driven mad quickly if I will have to listen to this everytime I make an objection and Sarcast coldly makes a joke of it. :|

The melody: 9/10
This melody is not too complicated to not keep playing in my head, but it's a bit too complicated to whistling.

The back sound: 9/10
It has nearly perfect and changing back sound, and it makes the song even more tricky.

The loop: 10/10
That running in the end matches perfectly to the beginning.

The feeling: 8/10
As I said first. :mrgreen:

So, overall rate is...

Yhdeksän.

The track is amazing and I love it. :pearlhappy:

My Art Thread
DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

Thanks, Dataman.
I really appreciate your support. ^_^

DeeYo

Post by DeeYo »

Legal double post! (not really, I just didn't want to edit my previous post.)
New songs!Everyone: Nobody cares!
Investigation (?) ~ Into the Eerie

<insert name here>