AAO Sprite Hospital (Searching patients)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

AAO Sprite Hospital (Searching patients)

Post by Hesseldahl »

We're starting fresh!
What's this thread you ask
This thread has the objective of making your sprites shine :maggey:
How?
Fixing their anatomy, giving them a new color palette or just giving them new poses.
So Yeah, I'm the new owner

PATIENTS UNDER SURGERY
MegaFan attorney
Spoiler : original :
Spoiler : joeyhugg :
Spoiler : Dave :
Dave's witness (want's more poses)
Friend from 20th century boys
Spoiler : Hessehl :
Proton witness
Novaraven47
Spoiler : Lind :
Spoiler : Tear :
Tb2fan attorney
Spoiler : Hessehl :
Dragontrainer attorney
Spoiler : Dataman extra poses :
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gavinnersroadie characters
Spoiler : K9-trainer :
Spoiler : Sketch artist :
SUCESSFUL PATIENTS
Proton waitress

Original
Spoiler : :
256 Pi + Alnar
Anyare
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Through Route
Spoiler : Original :
Spoiler : Virt's Mia :
Last edited by Hesseldahl on Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:58 am, edited 35 times in total.
256 Pi
Spoken languages: English

Re: AAO Spriting Lab (ALL artists welcome!)

Post by 256 Pi »

I like this idea a lot! This won't be of much use to me, since generally speaking if I need spriting help, it's with getting started, not finishing something up, but I'm willing to help anyone who needs help refining their sprites! :D Perfect work for a guy who couldn't scratch sprite an OC if his life depended on it like me.
Phantom

Re: AAO Spriting Lab (ALL artists welcome!)

Post by Phantom »

If you need help getting a sprite off the ground, this thread aims to address that too.

Only issue is, we need artists to participate and see whether or not this idea can actually work in practice. But if no one is participating then the idea can't even get off the ground >.>

I am taking feedback to try to make this as less complicated as possible though
lazyplague

Re: AAO Spriting Lab (Taking in Canon WIP edits)

Post by lazyplague »

Putin, I was gonna download the .PDN version but all i'm seeing is a bunch of random text.
Anyone else having this problem?
256 Pi

Post by 256 Pi »

Actually, I have the same problem. I just figured it was because I have no idea what a .PDN file is and I didn't think I had the right program or addon or whatever to use it.
Last edited by 256 Pi on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

256 Pi wrote:Actually, I have the same problem. I just figured it was because I have no idea what a .PDN file is and I didn't think I had the right program or addon or whatever to use it.
A .PDN file is used with the program Paint.Net, the reason we can't really USE it is because there seems to be something wrong with the download.

Keep in mind i've never had problems with Dropbox downloads before so it's probably not that.

Putin if you don't mind would you perhaps add a mirror download just in case?
256 Pi

Post by 256 Pi »

Did you try right-clicking the link off the forum and choosing "Save Link As"?
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

256 Pi wrote:Did you try right-clicking the link off the forum and choosing "Save Link As"?
Yeah that fixed it, but something SHOULD be done about the link, or the problem+solution should be mentioned next to the download.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

What browser are you guys using? It's giving me a download dialog box like normal. (I'm using Chrome here)

It's also in a public folder of DB so you're not supposed to be having that issue at all. Not cool :X

I have alternative upload link, will update the link accordingly.

Edit: Also added instructions to dl from DB. Thanks for the heads up on these.

Also, should we provide more than one type of filetype? (Like .PDN for Paint.net, .PSD for Photoshop, .XCF for Gimp I think, etc. etc.?)
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Putin wrote:What browser are you guys using? It's giving me a download dialog box like normal. (I'm using Chrome here)
I use Firefox because my sister messed up my Chrome, and it slows my computer down real bad. Plus I doubt I could switch now i'm too used to Firefox. But again i've never had problems with Dropbox downloads.

It's also in a public folder of DB so you're not supposed to be having that issue at all. Not cool :X

I have alternative upload link, will update the link accordingly.

Edit: Also added instructions to dl from DB. Thanks for the heads up on these.

Also, should we provide more than one type of filetype? (Like .PDN for Paint.net, .PSD for Photoshop, .XCF for Gimp I think, etc. etc.?)
Probably, a lot of spriters on here use various programs.
Also i'll get workin' on my edit in the afternoon, right now i'm a bit disgruntled and will probably go to sleep soon.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

No rush ;), thanks for participating too!
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Re: AAO Spriting Lab (Taking in Canon WIP edits+Fixed Link)

Post by ~Dataman~ »

I'm going to be part of this. Sounds fun.

In nutshell, people post their sprites here if they feel like they should be fixed, and other people fix them here.
Like a hospital? They come in sick and leave good looking and healthy. :pearlhappy:
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Post by DeeYo »

~Dataman~ wrote:Like a hospital? They come in sick and leave good looking and healthy. :pearlhappy:
It's more like cosmetic surgery, with 12 surgeons operating on one person at the same time-

Total times sued: 10328
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

~Dataman~ wrote:I'm going to be part of this. Sounds fun.

In nutshell, people post their sprites here if they feel like they should be fixed, and other people fix them here.
Like a hospital? They come in sick and leave good looking and healthy. :pearlhappy:
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer:
In theory yes, that's one thing the thread can address (I guess you can consider it one of the *main* things that it SHOULD address). That's actually pretty simple, and I really like yours and Dee Yo's analogies :P. I'll put it in the OP ^^

The original idea emphasizes more on helping a sprite artist on building a foundation already established within a sprite that's WIP.
Yes, this can definitely include simply fixing a sprite. But everyone is contributing to fixing a certain sprite/pose/whatever.

If that's too complicated of an explanation, let me give an example: In my case, the sprite on the OP doesn't have technical issues that really need any fixing. Like Dee Yo said, it could use more "cosmetic surgery" to give it more oomph, and make it more complete. My OC sprite merely has some basic features that sorta implies that she's a maid of sorts. Her outfit doesn't show that :P. So an artist here might edit her to have a more maid-like outfit, you know? Another artist might change her hairstyle, or give her proper fingernails.
An artist can even troll me and make her some zombie maid for all I care and it'd still be an acceptable edit :XD:

Whereas, in 256 Pi's case (if he participates/posts a sprite that needs improvement in some areas, like his recent Pearl submissions), he just needs fixing of arms that are beyond his skill as an artist to address (his words, not mine). Another artist such as yourself Dataman could take on the challenge and edit his sprite(s) to fix the arms to that of a proper girl's arm.

If you guys want this to be a general "fix my sprite!" thread, I can change the thread accordingly. In addition, the OP can be changed to just be a general introduction to what this thread should be about, instead of it being solely my one OC sprite :P
256 Pi

Re: AAO Spriting Lab (Fixed Link, Thread modified 7-14-2013)

Post by 256 Pi »

To be totally honest, I didn't think that Pearl's arms were a big enough issue to undergo edits, but since I have absolutely no reason not to (sounds like you were even expecting me to), I'll post them up here.

The first sprite here doesn't need fixing (I just put it in as an example), but the other two, as Putin and Unknown Detective pointed out to me, the arms are a little too thin. These sprites are all already animated, so I hope that doesn't slow things down too much...
Example sprite: Image

The sprites that need work:
ImageImage
ImageImage
By the way, I don't use Paint.net, I use Photoshop, just so you all know. (And these sprites were made mostly in MSPaint. :P) So don't give me a .PDN like in the OP.
Last edited by 256 Pi on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.