Resources: Graphic Templates (Speech bubbles, Boxart, ect.)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Novaraven747
Spoken languages: English and Google Translate XD

Resources: Graphic Templates (Speech bubbles, Boxart, ect.)

Post by Novaraven747 »

This thread is now under the ownership of Novaraven747.

This thread is dedicated to saving authors and artists time from doing repetitive tasks such as searching for particular court-gallery mini sprites, "background packs", or particular aspects of User Interface that is meant to be used for Ace Attorney.

The idea is that with these templates, you no longer should have a need to constantly search for these things, as you will save these "essential" templates, and never have to worry about locating them on the Internet ever again :)

This thread is also a means to provide templates for different style of presentations that you'd like to mimic from other trials.

This is also to cut down on requests from authors requesting for "arranging" graphic elements (an easy task that shouldn't require help to begin with).

Note: You must credit anyone's works you download that are custom edited.
Any templates that are just arrangements and/or compositions of original AA graphics/sprites/etc., with NO edits, do not require crediting [although it is still appreciated for taking the time to arrange the template altogether].

Contributions are welcome. No requirements to submit something (just make it clear if it's your own work or not, and if it's a custom work, mention where it was first found in).

General Graphics
Courtroom Gallery/Overview Master Template
Spoiler : Provided and Compiled by Phantom :
Note: All the mini-sprites available to use are from the PW series+AJ series.

Note2: There is one mini-sprite missing that no resource site seems to have: a "normal" Terry Fawles regular mini-sprite pose. Only his "poisoned" pose is available.

Note3: A majority of the mini-sprites are sorted, organized, and categorized into what type of layer it is (for example, "gallery" heads, judges, prosecutors, defenses, witnesses. They are coded as best as possible by "alphabetical" order. Not all are sorted in this way, as to keep consistent with the categories.

Note4: A majority of these sprites have been adapted for the AJ courtroom background! You may need change the position on these sprites when you're using the PW-era background.

Note5: There are some custom mini-sprites not available from the original games included in this template. You will know this with seeing a "(by ______)" at the end of a character's name. You MUST credit the respective authors if you intend to use those particular sprites.

Note6: For the convenience of authors and artists alike, I have provided an "opposite" version of a prosecutor to show up on the defense, and vice-versa. They are simple flip jobs (as seen by the example picture above).

Note7: To get the characters you want, simply "turn on" a layer for a witness, a prosecutor, a defense, and a judge. For animating, make sure you turn on 1 of the 3 gallery head layers and save as a .png. Repeat this process two more times, except turn on a different gallery head from before. By the time you are done with this process, you should have 3 separate .png files for the courtroom gallery you intend to animate.

Note8: The alignments/positions of the sprites are NOT perfect. They are not meant to be. This template is just your starting point, fine-tune the positions as you see fit.

.PDN format [Paint.net]
.PSD format [Photoshop]
AA Background Templates
ImageImage
Spoiler : Provided, Compiled, and Edited by Phantom-Credits appreciated for the filters, but not required :
Note: A majority of the backgrounds ranging from AA1-AJ are in these files.

Note2: There are some duplicate files (as to maintain organization and consistency on where the backgrounds appear in)
Note3: "Long backgrounds" (such as the crime scene where Mia dies), that take up more than 256x192 canvas size, has NOT been included at this point in time.

Note4: For your convenience, the courtroom-related backgrounds, such as lobby, defense bench, witness stand, etc. have been placed in their own categories at the top of the files.

.PDN of Backgrounds
.PDN of Black and White Filtered versions
.PDN of Sepia Filtered versions

Thinking Line
Spoiler : Provided by E.D., xcf & psd formats provided by Novaraven747, Credit not required but greatly appreciated. :
VS. Screens
Spoiler : Provided, and Compiled by E.D. :
SEE ED'S TUTORIAL THREAD ON HOW TO ANIMATE A VS. SCREEN:
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =51&t=3976

AA-style, borderless:

AAI-style, bordered:
Box Art Template
Spoiler : Compiled by Ceres, .XCF GIMP Format Provided by Kroki, credit Ceres :
Spoiler : Compiled by Ceres, Latest .PSD Photoshop Format Provided by Ceres, credit him :
Spoiler : Compiled by Ceres, dirty .PDN Paint.net Format Provided by Phantom/Proton, credit Ceres :
Source: The original templates (the .PSD, .xcf) were from Tap's Box Art Guide thread, but the .pdn format was converted by Proton outside of AAO.

Note: The .PSD/.XCF files are the superior versions. This .PDN version was an automated rush convert job. You will have to adjust the layers accordingly.

.PDN Paint.net Format
Speech Bubble Templates
Spoiler : HD Large and Small Version provided by Phantom :
Spoiler : Animated Speech Bubble by An Unknown Artist. Provided by DarthWiader :
Spoiler : MapleRose's Custom-Edit Fonts. Credit her if you use these :
Original CR thread: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 10&t=19131
Imgur album provided by Novaraven747
Bubbles: Image
Capital Letters: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Lowercase Letters: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Punctuations:Image Image Image
UI
Spoiler : Phantom :
1. "Creamy" testimony title gfx [First appears in Turnabout Generations Part 2, use as special sprite]. It's not a simple blink (it's subtle, but looks REAL good when you use it in a fancase)!
Original AA version:
--------------------------
2. A custom "Visual Dmg" graphic animation [First appears in Turnabout Generations Part 2, use as special sprite]. These are used when "damaging" opponent's case/your opponent's damaging your case/damaging the witness's credibility:
(If you can't see it, click this link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/806 ... s/hurt.gif. It appears quickly, and the loop time is LONG!)
3. An Unused Perceive animation:
4. Phantom's "AAO-Workaround Perceive Start" animation [First appears in Turnabout Generations Part 2]. To be used with a custom sound effects found at the tGens SFX resource thread: Image
5."Metal Gear Inspired" Cone of View graphic [First appears in Turnabout Generations Part 2]! This is real handy for anyone making a map layout using an image editing program. Resize it, recolor it, whatever. It can greatly supplement your case:
-------------------------
6. Phantom's "Luster-Plate" evidence/mugshot template [First appeared late in Turnabout Generations Part 1's release]. Exclusively it was for tGens, but it is now released to the public to be used for their own OC's/evidences:
-------------------------
7. Gavel animations timed to custom gavel sound effects (found at the tGens SFX resource thread) in Turnabout Generations Part 2.
Now Loading...
Spoiler : From some iOS game, Provided by Phantom, credit not required :
A scrapped, unused tGens loading indicator:
Note: These are meant to be used on a light (mainly white), bright background.
Last edited by Novaraven747 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:12 am, edited 24 times in total.
eighthbit
Spoken languages: English

Re: Resource: Templates (Court Gallery+Other UI gfx Up)

Post by eighthbit »

Question for the .pdn of the courtroom.

I use a zoom-out image without the courtroom itself, so that I may avoid animation work, and it seems quite flexible. Does this method have any flaws?
'Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.'
-Elbert Hubbard
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

Are the Witness sprites position the same way they were in the official games?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

eighthbit wrote:Question for the .pdn of the courtroom.

I use a zoom-out image without the courtroom itself, so that I may avoid animation work, and it seems quite flexible. Does this method have any flaws?
You must be using the Zeel method, correct? Or are you saying you don't animate the work through the editor at all...?

Anyways, you're saving yourself frames and don't run the risk of a guaranteed "pop" effect if you attempt to use the special sprite method.

Animating through the traditional method (turning the elements into a .gif file) would probably be an ideal way of going about the gallery overview. The plus side to it is that you don't really get any color loss with the background included. IIRC you only need 3 frames to make a .gif to begin with (to correspond with the 3 different gallery audience poses).

Just keep in mind though, that some folks like yourself may have certain preferences regarding this. The animation is simply a bonus note to add to your authenticity (assuming you're implying you're not animating it at all...). The main point of the template is to give you a main "archive" of all the mini-sprites from the PW and AJ era quickly, without having the need to look up and acquire the sprite sheet from the CR courtroom place. This should allow you to quickly mix and match what you want to do for the characters that show up in court in your trial.

----------
Sligneris wrote:Are the Witness sprites position the same way they were in the official games?
Phantom wrote:A majority of these sprites have been adapted for the AJ courtroom background! You may need change the position on these sprites when you're using the PW-era background.

The alignments/positions of the sprites are NOT perfect. They are not meant to be. This template is just your starting point, fine-tune the positions as you see fit.
As seen in the "notes" section of the spoiler ;)
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

Aaah, sorry. ...Guess I gotta keep making screenshots.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Sligneris wrote:Aaah, sorry. ...Guess I gotta keep making screenshots.
Not sure what that means, but okay.

Again, keep in mind, the perfection of the positions is not the main point of the template. It's just meant to be used as a quick access resource for both artists/authors alike, especially targeted for authors. I put a bunch of my time organizing that, and it would not be efficient trying to perfect every single position down to individual pixels.

There's a reason why the content was adapted to the AJ background for the most part as well, and not the PW-Era. Most of the sprites are from the PW-Era (including the defense/prosecutor ones). The scale/size of the AJ courtroom background has a BIG difference from the PW-era courtroom (which is smaller). It then becomes harder to try to position PW-era sprites to the AJ one (due to weird perspectives not being completely right), so I tried my best to position the sprites so it wasn't an eyesore.

Edit: Btw, if you really have a problem with the position issue, you're more than welcome to try to "fix" them. Some sprites ARE adapted to the PW-era, but definitely a majority of them aren't.
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

I mean only the witnesses sprites which are the hardest to position adequately, as in, the way they were in game.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Oh yeah, ofc.

I'm not sure from the PW-era, but AJ has a REALLY handy "guideline" for placing the witness. It's a clear black line, and depending on the size/proportion of the character (male, female), all you'd need to do is place above the guideline, or place below the guideline.
eighthbit
Spoken languages: English

Post by eighthbit »

Proton wrote:*snip*
Ah, I see, I'll have to consider using .gif's next time, thank you, Proton/Putin.
'Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.'
-Elbert Hubbard
AP-Master
Spoken languages: Spanish and English

Post by AP-Master »

Um... Little-fast-short off-topic question... Why do I go everywhere on the Art section and find "TGens" as always having something custom...? :XD: But I mean, custom EVERYTHING.

Back on this, I think we should ask Tap permission to include his boxart template in this thread. Also, should we try assembling a template for Danielinhoni's map guide?
English Section - Visit my Sprite Castle!: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =30&t=5716
Sección Española - Visita mi Castillo de Sprites! [Peticiones ABIERTAS]: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =31&t=7792
¡Aprende a Spritear! - http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =31&t=7838
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

AP-Master:
General Rule: If Phantom/Proton posts a topic, it has a relation to TGens. (After all, he worked extremely hard on it!)

This looks like it's going to be a useful thread! I might just use the gavel GIFs for my case, along with the matching SFX.
Last edited by Alnar on Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

AP-Master wrote:Um... Little-fast-short off-topic question... Why do I go everywhere on the Art section and find "TGens" as always having something custom...? :XD: But I mean, custom EVERYTHING.

Back on this, I think we should ask Tap permission to include his boxart template in this thread. Also, should we try assembling a template for Danielinhoni's map guide?
-My case has custom content on a BUNCH of things xP. From evidences, sprites, to custom vs. graphics. I love the flexibility of tGens case to allow me to have fun and just experiment on anything we can :). Because it's just a reference/example trial for other authors, I find it fitting to release the resources that drives the case. Since I'm no longer developing anymore, I figure the rest of the fangame community can find a use for them (but I'm glad SOMEONE noticed the influx of these resources ;P).

...And I'm still not done releasing all the resources that I want/am allowed to at that :X

----

-Yes, agreed on the boxart template. I would consider that as an essential template for fangame authors.

As for Dan's guide, you mean assembling all the map layout graphics (like killer, victim, witness, etc.)? If so, yes, that's a great idea. I'd rather not do it myself though considering how much time I spent on the courtroom gallery master template...But it's certainly a good idea.
AP-Master
Spoken languages: Spanish and English

Post by AP-Master »

Yeah, I find all that custom content as really awesome (=3) It's just a shock to see so much of it XD

Back in topic, I think I can try making a template for the map. The problem could be the rooms, since these are rather custom for each crime.
English Section - Visit my Sprite Castle!: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =30&t=5716
Sección Española - Visita mi Castillo de Sprites! [Peticiones ABIERTAS]: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =31&t=7792
¡Aprende a Spritear! - http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =31&t=7838
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

AP-Master wrote:Yeah, I find all that custom content as really awesome (=3) It's just a shock to see so much of it XD

Back in topic, I think I can try making a template for the map. The problem could be the rooms, since these are rather custom for each crime.
-I'm not surprised you think that...I'm still kinda shocked I even had that much stuff...No wonder it took such a long time to release Part 2 :XD:

---------------
Yes, that map *would* be certainly tough to address.

Maybe you can create a legend of sorts. For example, a layer with all the fonts, you can label them "Font: Verdana, size: x"

You can make a layer be dedicated to how the AA games do windows. For example, make that specific layer titled "Window"...as we understand it, a window is indicated by how thin the edges of the lines are for a rectangular box. If a user "turns off" the window layer, then obviously all windows in your template will be turned off [as this should provide a visual clue].

So basically, each component that makes up a map, should have it's own layers. Users can then modify, copy/paste each component, and turn it into their own thing.

Paint has its own set of clear-to-use tool options (such as the rectangular tool). To make it easier upon yourself, you should have an empty layer titled "------------------------". Anything that's at the bottom of the "-----------------", will have layers with screencaps of the tool icons that you can explain and show their use for (for the image editing program you're using).

Anything about the "-----------------" will be your example map with the various layer/components to it.

This sounds really confusing trying to explain it, but maybe you can find a better way to organize the information (since that's going to be your biggest challenge).
Certainly start with acquiring the Witness/Killer/Victim bubble icons though ;P
Phantom

Re: Resource: Templates (Blank Speech Bubble Template Up)

Post by Phantom »

Made my own attempt at an blank HD objection bubble, based off the AA HD collection. Useful those OC trials and you want to use your own phrase or catchword