The Art of TheDoctor (Updated 6-1-15) - Prosecutor Phoenix

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Re: The Art of TheDoctor (Updated 7-9-14) - New OC Sprites

Post by TheDoctor »

Thought I'd post my sprites of Friedrich von Karma here. These will not be available for public use until I complete The Once and Future Turnabout, but I thought I'd try and get some feedback in the meantime.

Normal:
Image Image

Bad mood/Thinking:
Image Image

Smirking:
Image Image

Zoom:
Image Image
Last edited by TheDoctor on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Let me see if I get the percentages correctly. 75% Edgeworth, 25% Manfred. reminds me too much of Edgeworth, but that's a moot point.

On the Zoom, the hair does not work because of two different orientations. Manfred's hair is more profile while Edgeworth's head/face is 45 degrees. Try to edit the hair so he has a widow's peak AND oriented with the face.

Actually, you know what? On all of your sprites, the front of the hair where it meets the forehead... They're not consistent even taking orientation into account.
Nearavex

Post by Nearavex »

Not exactly the kind of original characters I like, to be honest...

But now, aside from that, it seems there is a problem with his hairline in the zoom sprite. Compare the original Bratworth:

In your case, it seems to go down in a bit unnatural way.
Av by ticcy
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

I see, thank you. Actually, would someone mind making a quick mockup of where the hairline would need to be on the sprites after taking orientation into account? Perspective is something I have a little difficulty with. :gumshoe:
Image Image Image
Nearavex

Post by Nearavex »

I'm no artist, so it may not be 100% accurate, but it is generally important to keep note of head's proportions - keep also in mind that in both cases, hair doesn't really "stick" to the skin, but is another layer, in a way.

Also, not that the hairline necessarily have to match perfectly with head proportions, for example, when a character is balding.
Last edited by Nearavex on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Av by ticcy
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

A quick update:

Munchulax, over at Court Records has ripped all the sound effects from the iOS version of DD. What does this mean? It means we now have the appropriate sound effects to go along with my Thought Route graphics, instead of those semi-crappy ones I ripped from YouTube.

I've already spliced together the SFX that I supplied rough copies of previously, and you can find them below (please remember to rehost the files before using them). However, if you want the whole set, you can go to this page here... http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 45&t=30663

Note that there are a couple of new files here. Specifically, "Final Correct" for when you make the final correct guess, and "Conclusion" for when the big text shows up summarizing everything you just figured out.
http://jwgrlrrajn.github.io/SFX/Thought ... index.html
Last edited by TheDoctor on Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
TheDoctor

Re: The Art of TheDoctor (Updated 11-13-14) - Finished Mia

Post by TheDoctor »

It's been a long time coming, but I finally finished Mia's Thought Route ending.

Image Image Image
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Those lips horrify me. Like, they're just really hyper realistic? Compared to the rest at least.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

That's the way it was in the original pictures. Mia was the only one with actual lips. Admittedly, it does look a little odd with that colorization, but I'm really not sure what to do with it.
Image Image Image
TheDoctor

Re: The Art of TheDoctor (Updated 12-25-14) - Mia Redux

Post by TheDoctor »

Merry Christmas, everyone. Thanks to VirtAnderson, Mia's Thought Route ending is fixed!

Image Image Image
TheDoctor

Re: The Art of TheDoctor (Updated 6-1-15) - Prosecutor Phoen

Post by TheDoctor »

Hello again, after a very long time, I finally got around to finishing my prosecutor Phoenix sprites. Yes, I know someone already made a prosecutor set; however, there were two issues I took with it. 1: To the best of my recollection, not one of the prosecutors have ever once worn their badges in the series. I'm not even sure why they felt the need to make a prosecutor's badge for AAI, considering no one ever wears the darn things. 2: Other than the badge, all the existing set did was mirror Nick's defense sprites, which means that his buttons and pockets are on the wrong side of his suit. This album corrects both of those issues.

Link to imgur album
Image Image Image
TheReaper
Spoken languages: English, French

Post by TheReaper »

Why are some of the animated gifs rendering as png when I click on the image? Is that a glitch or is it intended, or is it only on my computer? I'm convinced that it's not supposed to be like that since the .psd files are also rendering weirdly, anyway, if you find an answer for that, that'd be great!

If you don't understand what I mean, some of the gif images, mostly the lines for the thought routes, are turned into .png images when I put them on my computer.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

That's because the thought route lasers are not .gif's, They're called APNG's, or animated .png's. The reason for this is that .gif's don't support transparency, but APNG's do. The downside to this is that they're a lot harder to edit. As for the .psd's rendering strangely, I'm assuming you're using GIMP to open them? In my experience, GIMP doesn't always render Photoshop's layer styles correctly. Not sure if Paint.net has the same problem.

At any rate, you shouldn't need to edit the APNG's, just the background. That said, if you're having trouble inserting your own character graphics into the thought route background, PM them to me, and I'll go ahead and insert them for you.
Image Image Image
TheReaper
Spoken languages: English, French

Post by TheReaper »

Oh, well I'm embarassed now, thanks for clearing that up though, and the .psd, I figured out the issue, my photoshop was outdated...
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

No need to be embarrassed. APNG's are, unfortunately, rather uncommon since not many browsers support them natively.
Image Image Image