SK's Art Thread

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Re: SK's Art Thread

Post by SuperAj3 »

Sorry Negatious, I read Merc's OP and he's stated:
Sorry, I don't take requests, only commissions.
So he'll do it if you pay him, but not for free :wink:
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
mercurialSK
Spoken languages: English

Post by mercurialSK »

SuperAj3 wrote:Wow, I love the colouring in this! It's so detailed! :pearl:
Hesseldahl wrote:Wow! This is amazing, her hair reminds me a lot of Rose Quartz thanks to your coloring :shock:
Thanks XD It's not actually that detailed, I've been trying out layer blending as a way to paint XD
Negatious wrote:Um... don`t hit me for asking, but... I`m in need of a couple custom pictures / scenes for my own trial. Namely, a crime scene picture (submittable to court and presentable along the investigation as well) and a custom scene:
Spoiler : :
a small garden shack with miscellaneous items inside, but still enough room for a human to fit inside ;)
. I`m afraid that all I can offer is full credit in my trial :/ PM me if you`d like more details, or just respond to this post for a general inquiry :) :apollo:

Greetings,
Negatious.
Hey, welcome :) Like calvinball said, you are probably after the Request thread in general...although some people do requests, I don't, because I have a lot of other priorities before doing art for free. Sorry man. If you try to do it yourself you can always ask for advice on how to make it look better though because I don't mind helping indirectly. Good luck with your game!
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
Negatious

Post by Negatious »

calvinball wrote:@Negatious: I'm afraid you're in the wrong topic at present. An art request like that should be posted in the Request Topic (clearly stickied in the "Your Art" Forum).
Thanks, post removed and redirected. :)
Hello! The name`s Negatious, a newbie at AAO! Nice to meet y`all!
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

I've been thinking about a thing...
Spoiler : AJ/DD Franzy ideas :
Opinions? (click here if you don't see 6)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

I really like all the designs! I'd say I think 1 or 6 suits her the most (6 for the hairstyle, 1 for the outfit).
In DD they sort of kept the designs similar to the original, but more matured (like Pearl and Edgeworth)
ImageImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm scared to know what you're thinking of, but...
* I have a hard time visualizing Franziska in simple pants; it seems too plain for her. Similarly, 4's skirt/robe seems too long. She may have had eight years to mature, but that puts her at... 27? The skirt of 1 or 5 seems best.
* Most of the shoes look good. I don't think six would work without the pants, though it would work with them. The shoe son 3 seem too plain.
* Golden embroidery is good all around, though lacking in six.
* Shoulders and arms... Shoulders in 5 seem too spiked, and with 6, I think Franziska works better with her torso and sleeves not being the same color.
* On hair, I can't see her going as long as in 4, and 5 seems too frayed. The rest are fine!
The first one is my personal favorite. Hopefully you found this helpful; I'm no art critic.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Enthalpy wrote:The first one is my personal favorite. Hopefully you found this helpful; I'm no art critic.
It was helpful, thanks for the breakdown. I have too many ideas and not enough opinions by myself XD And I just noticed the last two were messed up a bit welp

Thanks to both of you! I'll make an iterative version if I can get some more opinions :)
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Like Enthalpy, I am no art critic, but you asked for opinions, so... here goes!
I like six and three the best. I actually like the idea of the pants because they make me think of the very subtle horseback riding motif that she kind of has (what with whips and riding crops). Though Enthalpy does have a point about pants being a little plain for the von Karma style... I think that the hair on five looks really good -- either that hair or the hair on one and two. I'm not sure how I feel about the hair on three, since it's the same hair style that that she had 7+ years ago. Of course, Pearl didn't change anything either... I agree with Enthalpy that four's skirt is too long, though growing out her hair is interesting. If perhaps six had white sleeves instead of black sleeves, as Enthalpy suggested, I might like it even more.
*shrug* That's all I've got. Hope it helps somehow. Regardless of what I've said, though, know that they all are very well drawn and look really nice! (admittedly, coming from a guy who can't draw at all)
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Personally, I'm really fond of 6 just because it transmits a nice shift in personality, which I think is exactly what the writers were going for during the Investigations saga. I especially like the hairstyle and the fact that her clothes are much more neutral and formal. I tried to imagine if she would look good with black pants instead of white ones, but I guess it's nice for the choice of colours to stay true to the original. As I said, the personality shifts towards being a much more responsible and serious person, and it would even be funnier for her to be a bit more calm and have tiny outbursts like old Franziska used to have, though in that suit xD

However, if we wouldn't want such a shift in personality, I agree with Enthalpy that 1 would be the best, although 2 is a good candidate too. I really like the hair in both of them, and it does really feel like she has matured quite a bit without changing her personality too much. (Also, the hair instantly reminded me of this particular character... xP)
Spoiler : What are you looking for here? I'm not spoiling the surprise :
Anyway, yeah. The new look for her hair and shoulders is much more adequate for a more mature person.

Going back to 6, I'd like to say if we were to see her like that in AA6, she definitely could be a prosecutor specialized in international incidents. That would fit her oh so well considering her path in AA and that design.

As for reasons why I'm not particularly fond of the other 3, I guess I could list some.
3: Unless she wants to be more edgy or aggressive let's say, I don't quite like her wearing pants with that angular hair, it somehow takes formality away from her.
4: This one might be too lady-like for Franziska because of the dress, and not in a very imposing way. It's softer and more elegant than anything else.
5: Kind of the same problems I had for 3, she seems too edgy and aggressive, and I don't think that'd be the good trajectory for her (at least clothing-wise). However, as it stands, I think this design in particular is the most interesting you have presented, since you did try to mix the edginess (hair and shoulders) and elegance (embroidery and skirt), and it seems there is quite a good balance between both.
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Thanks everyone again who gave me their opinion on the Franziska thing XD

More stuff:

Part of some (more) commission stuff for Ropfa I did a while back. (This guy's set and some Perceive sprites for Conflict of Interest)

Image Image
Final sprite for the Athena extended set I think. It's been over a year and I'm tired of it so I won't bother making the others I had in mind XD so the set is retired and stuff now but don't think those are the last Athenas from me though XD

Testing a spriting thing with Constance Courte. New method and a lot faster XD
SuperAj3

Post by SuperAj3 »

WOAH WOAH WOAH! AMAZING!
These are incredible! The cigar guy, and Constance came out amazingly! May I ask what your new method is?
ImageImageImageImage
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Cigar guy is kind of old and I think I've gotten better but thanks XD

The new method is just that I spend less time sketching mostly and don't colour lineart pretty much...use pen pressure for different shades instead. Improved workflow combined with the result of lots of study XD Been doing tons of practice to improve my art in general but don't have much to post right now.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

mercurialSK wrote:Thanks everyone again who gave me their opinion on the Franziska thing XD

More stuff:

Part of some (more) commission stuff for Ropfa I did a while back. (This guy's set and some Perceive sprites for Conflict of Interest)

Image Image
Final sprite for the Athena extended set I think. It's been over a year and I'm tired of it so I won't bother making the others I had in mind XD so the set is retired and stuff now but don't think those are the last Athenas from me though XD

I have the weirdest artistic envy boner.
Phoenix ace attorney
Spoken languages: français, español, english

Post by Phoenix ace attorney »

mercurialSK wrote:
More stuff:

Image Image

AMAZING! :pearlhappy:
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Thanks everyone...or something like that XD

Just want to add to the GS6 hype with a release of something I finished some time ago XD
Athena Cykes Extra Set [MBr] (6 + 3 + 0) wrote: Album: here
Previews:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Set commissioned by MBr for their RP blog http://supercykes.tumblr.com/