SK's Art Thread

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Re: SK's Art Thread

Post by Broocevelt »

I really like the Apollo Justice drawing! Maybe it differs from the AA style because of the overly angular lineart, but other than that, it looks really good to me :)

About the sprite, hm... Maybe Apollo's shoulders and arms are way too low, giving more er... 'verticality' to the whole pose. See here for example, I think it looks like Apollo's leaning forward in a much more natural way. In my opinion it's because the shoulders don't go as low as in your sprite. For reference, see how the top of Apollo's shoulders in the DD image match the back of his neck.

Still, great sprite as well as the other ones. Keep up the good work!
mercurialSK
Spoken languages: English

Post by mercurialSK »

Danielinhoni wrote:About the sprite, hm... Maybe Apollo's shoulders and arms are way too low, giving more er... 'verticality' to the whole pose. See here for example, I think it looks like Apollo's leaning forward in a much more natural way. In my opinion it's because the shoulders don't go as low as in your sprite. For reference, see how the top of Apollo's shoulders in the DD image match the back of his neck.
...That's a good point. I didn't realise I construct shoulders differently so even though the style might match the body actually doesn't. Hm, thanks, I'll work on it. :)
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Needed a break from stuff, so did two quick and random things instead.
Spoiler : :
For the Secret Agent Man comp. It's just a draw-over so I tried off-setting the laziness by adding at least half an arm. XD

Vocaloid IA. Because IA ROCKS is coming out on the 27th. It's pretty rushed and messy but I had fun messing with filters for this one :D
Edit 12/7: Removed Athena and Amelia from opening post. I've done more studies and decided I need a v3, so Apollo co-counsel sprites are officially on hold and pending.
Amelia. Testing out Photoshop brushes and more practice in RGB colour selection.

Athena (obviously). Altered outfit because I forgot about the cuffs and glove. Still practising my rendering - mainly focused on hands and face, though it all needs a lot more work.
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Yeaaah this thread is dead. Apollo co-counsel never.

I'll just leave these links here.
Spoiler : Other stuff :
I'm willing to give out the Mood Matrix graphics I do have (includes Overload, not pictured), but I'm not releasing them publicly yet since they're HIGHLY rushed for the comp and early-stage. PM if you want them, just promise to replace them once I release final versions. (Make sure you have some way to host svgs, because I use my dropbox and so no hotlinking.)

A cleaned version of Thursday's Perceive background rip. Credit me for cleaning if you want since I didn't do too much, just make sure to credit Thursday.

Also I did a commission several months back of 5 animated poses for Ropfa's A Super Effective Turnabout, so play that if you want to see them. XD
Mr. Onizuka
Spoken languages: English, Español

Post by Mr. Onizuka »

Aw, Apollo co counsel never? That saddens me. Anyway, as I totally fangirled over your work already said on the other forum: terrific work on the Athena co counsel sprites. And the little Franziska is great as well, hope to see it completed someday, for it to be used on fancases :D Great work!
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Mr. Onizuka wrote:Aw, Apollo co counsel never?
Well, at the current rate, they may as well be never XD It'll happen eventually. I have to prioritise other things first. Don't hold your breath is all I'm saying lol
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Spoiler : The update is a lie. :

All the creepy Athenas reminded me of the SHAFT head tilt and stuff, so I used it as rendering practice.
edit: also since I don't want to go around being a hypocrite since I never post any of my current-level sketches but critique everyone else's, here's my process from what layers I still have left of this other sketch I did. There's not enough of a sketch left with the Athena head tilt one to recover...
Last edited by mercurialSK on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

oh gosh why did you do that to us merc, that's terrifying me ;_;

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

and here I thought forgetting the fact the picture was supposed to be creepy and colouring it brightly killed the effect a little

Also I'm... not sure how this over one hour ninja works, but for some reason I didn't realise there was another post and ended up editing a random process pic into the last post. That thing is here so it can be in two posts now, if anyone even wanted it. Yay?
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

those eyes though ;_;

But still, that's a nice sketch.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

Minor but important update to anyone using the Athena co-counsel sprites, I made fixes to the angry pose. The co-counsel sprites were all pretty bad rush quality but the angry one had a huge nosedive... because those comp entry hype shots were doing bad things to my conscience XD

Image Image

There's still more I'd like to do with it but these are ok. Go replace them so your trials will look better :)
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Awesome as always Merc! :larry:
(And thanks for helping me with finding issues in my Athena sprites too!)
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

All I'm good at is finding issues XD Happy to do that any time.
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

mercurialSK wrote:
Spoiler : Collaboration: drvonkitty -- ??? (post-DD single case, AAO) :

Coming soon...
Entry for the Bright Age of the Law Competition at AAO.

Features:
Contains fully-functional Mood Matrix, Mood Matrix - Overload, Perceive and a new game mechanic to perceive, pinpoint and press for the truth: Cross-Examination with Widget 2.0.

Development screenshot:
Um, how's that thing? These features listed sound really interesting. :mrgreen: I think it should be out by now? Since the competition seems to be over, I think...?
Mr. Onizuka
Spoken languages: English, Español

Post by Mr. Onizuka »

Sligneris wrote:
mercurialSK wrote:
Spoiler : Collaboration: drvonkitty -- ??? (post-DD single case, AAO) :

Coming soon...
Entry for the Bright Age of the Law Competition at AAO.

Features:
Contains fully-functional Mood Matrix, Mood Matrix - Overload, Perceive and a new game mechanic to perceive, pinpoint and press for the truth: Cross-Examination with Widget 2.0.

Development screenshot:
Um, how's that thing? These features listed sound really interesting. :mrgreen: I think it should be out by now? Since the competition seems to be over, I think...?
I second Sligneris question. I've been breaking my head over how to make a Perceive mechanic that is fun, but overall playable in AAO. If this project is on hold or something, I would be happy to help (not the most experienced case maker, but I'm always happy to tinker with the editor hehe)