Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): Activity 1

Post by gotMLK7 »

Outside the Makeup Room

Jackie squeezed herself closer to her knees when Job approached her. Her face was getting redder than ever. "Y-Yes! No! Huh?! Uh!"

She wasn't sure how to respond. All that cool she mentally built up had bee dropped like a brick by the flying freak in the tux. Jackie was scared her head was going to get knocked clean off her shoulders because Mr. Fancypants wanted to show off his parkour skills, and now she looked the fool for not staying calm during it.

"I'm f-f-ffffffine!" she managed to stutter out, still shaken. She managed to get onto her feet, though, despite shaking like a baby deer. "I don't need help! I-I-I'm cool!"

The door to the makeup room swung open, and Jackie let out a shriek, just barely stopping herself from leaping behind Job for cover. She turned back towards Gwen, face red as a beet, and stumbled over her words again. "Huh?! Oh! Right! Uh nothin's wrong, I'm okay, followin'!" She rubbed her hand through her hair stressfully, feeling the weight of herself blowing her chances crashing down upon her back. She reluctantly dragged her feet towards the door, turning back towards Job briefly. "T-Thanks for the offer...Seeya..." She then trodded into the room.

----

Makeup Room

Jackie walked in to the sound of Gwen's loud gushing over Violet. Jackie's look of defeat morphed into an annoyed scowl. She looked towards Violet briefly, though found herself averting her eyes just as quickly. Dammit, she's actually really pretty! And she has to be wearing half a goddamn shirt...That crap's unfair...

Grumbling to herself and trying to keep her eyes away from the girls in the room, Jackie scanned the area. Tons of bright colored makeups and intricate getups...the butterflies in her stomach were going mad. She had a bad feeling about this, but felt it was too late to back out. Swallowing her pride, Jackie "confidently" marched over to the seat Gwen was nearest ad sat down.

"A-Alright," she said, "I-I'm good to go when you are, so hurry it up with her!"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

The Ash Raichu
Spoken languages: English

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Makeup Room - Gwendalyn:

"Oooh! Eager, huh? Well, just like the others, first thing I need from you is that you take out the stuff in your hair, bracelets, and piercings. Anything like that." UV rushed around the room, careful not to crash into Violet, gathering a relatively large number of sponges and bright colors.

"Sooo..." she started with her voice lowered. "What did the maniac want?" If she was being honest with herself, UV wasn't expecting an honest answer. She simply threw out a line, hoping Jackie would take the bait, gathering together a mass of bobby pins in the meantime.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Outside with the Rocket Surgeons - Xander

Xander motionlessly stood throughout the whole of Johnny's angry shouting. One could almost see Xander's hair get blown back by the amount of air the guy was displacing with his generous lung capacity. Xander would regard everything on Johnny's back with as much interest as his band mates were affording him. His eyes seemed to glanced upwards to the left, as if taking mental note of something for later. When he set his gaze back on Johnny, he seemed to be asking him a question.

With Johnny done being Johnny, Xander put aside his whiteboard for a moment to secure the bat in his hands with some yarn, tying the length of the string to both the bat's leg and his own wrist in order to prevent it from going far. When Xander let go, the bat seemed to realize the futility of the situation and simply flew onto Xander's shoulder. With both hands free, Xander took the whiteboard and began writing on it with his marker. The sweet, citrus-y smell of oranges hung in the air.
Whether the use of doctor was sarcastic or not remained to be seen as Xander held the whiteboard for Johnny and the gang to see.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Near the Front Gates

The girl behind Johnny sneered at the butler's approach. "Please. What kind of idiot woul-"

"Finally showin' some respect, ey, Monkey-Suit?!" Johnny blurted out, grinning ear to ear at Xander's offer. "Doctor Hellraiser...DOCTOR HELLRAISER! I like the ring of that! Yer a little weirdo, kid, but I like the way you grovel! Mint me, mother#$%^!"

The girl rubbed her temples. "Goddammit...Sid, talk some sense into this moron."

Sid pointed at something with his drumsticks. "Tammy, I think that bat just winked at me. It's staring at me now and I'm not sure how to respond to its advances."

Tammy sighed. "Whatever."

----

Makeup Room

Jackie nodded quickly at Gwen's request. "Uh, right. Gimme a sec."

She carefully reached to her hair and pulled the large purple bead that kept her pigtail up out, her hair now falling down over her brow. She gently pushed it aside into a part so she could see. She quickly went to each ear and pulled out the skull-shaped earrings from each, and she removed the spiked bangles around her wirst. She put them all down with the bead in a pile on the table in front of her. She stared into the nearest mirror for a moment...she looked so weird with her hair down. But if it was necessary...whatever.

Then, she heard a low voice in her ear, and sheshuddered.

"Sooo...what did the maniac want?"

She felt her heart skip a beat. "Maniac...?" She tried to think of who that could be. "...P-Paolo?" she asked, keeping her voice low as well. This...wasn't really where she expected the situation to go. "He's not a maniac...He's a little weird, but he's a nice guy. And he was just..." She twitched. "...H-He just was givin' me some costume advice is all. But I told him I trusted you with it, so..."

She couldn't just...say what happened. She didn't want to fuel any flames between the two, even if they weirdly didn't seem to get along for some reason. And...she didn't really want to mention the bit that made her run off and lock herself in a bathroom stall. For a...number of compelling reasons.

"D-Don't worry 'bout it, it ain't anythin' to worry about, I'd say. You can just chill on it, Gw-" She bit her tongue to stop herself.

"I think she got angry...because I called her by her real name."

"U-UV." She hoped Gwen didn't notice the slip of the tongue.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Outside with Doctor Hellraiser and the Gang - Xander

It seems sarcasm was not something Johnny understood quite clearly. Or perhaps it was hard to communicate such a thing through whiteboard. Johnny now had his mouth open, as if expecting to be hand-fed the mint. Something about this unsettled Xander. And the man's use of foul language was already unappealing to him. Though Xander didn't show it, he didn't like the way Johnny was treating him. Suddenly, he was reminded that people as rude as this usually got their mouths washed with soap.

A pause. Was that a glint in Xander's eyes?

Xander put away his whiteboard and procured something from inside his tailcoat. It was spray can of some sort, something he bought earlier at the market. His hand was covering much of the can's body, so the only thing that could be read was the word "peppermint" on the can. Presumably a breath spray. It seems like Xander was indeed going to mint Johnny, but what was this quiet butler doing with a can of breath spray?

Xander held out the can in front of him and aimed at Johnny's wide-open tongue.

The can read "Peppermint-scented Pepper Spray".

*spritz*
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Makeup Room - Violet

Violet smiled a bit wider when she saw Gwen gushing over her. "Thanks, UV, but this is your work," she mumbled.

When Jackie entered the room, Violet felt herself become antsy once more with the way she was dressed. Violet saw Jackie avert her eyes she second she spotted the genie girl, causing her to turn pink in the face just a little. Violet started to scoot towards the door as Gwen and Jackie started talking.

"I'll go now." She grabbed the door handle and waved to Gwen. "My regular clothes are in the purple bag, so don't worry about cleaning up the changing room." Violet slipped out of the room just as Jackie mentioned Paolo.

The door clicked closed behind Violet and she sighed. Speaking of Paolo, I hope he's okay. She glanced around the hall. No use looking for him now. He might not be in the same place. Violet started to make her way to gymnasium.

Drama Room - Ludwig

Ludwig ran over the list of items he needed for his costume. White dress shirt, black dress pants, black waistcoat, black shoes, bow tie, and sunglasses. He then began searching through the Drama Room, which looked like a tornado or army of toddlers ransacked the place, for everything he needed.

"Right, this might just work."
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Outside the Gymnasium - Flo:

"So... I guess this is where we're supposed to meet up? Huh. Guess I'm the first one!" Flo beamed and faced away from the door, looking to see what other people's costumes were going to be.

Makeup Room - Gwendalyn:

That was more or less the reaction Gwendalyn had expected. Fortunately, Gwen had a counter primed and ready.

"Nice guy? The first thing I saw him do was start harassing this one girl and beat her bloody. He didn't exactly have the friendliest words for her, either. That's not even bringing up what came after... And the best part? I have proof..."

Gwendalyn paused a few moments to let all that settle.

"But anyways!" UV spun the chair back around so Jackie was no longer facing the mirror and started playing with her hair, getting ready to pin it up. Then she played with it a little more. Something felt... weird. And that color...

"Girl, do you bleach?"
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Near the School Gates

Johnny found himself gagging and coughing, grasping at his throat, staggering back. Tammy and Sid were trying very, very hard to not laugh, though they weren't exactly successful on that front.

"GHACK! ACH-HKAACH! Y-YOU LITTLE S#$%BAG!" Johnny swore between coughs. His face was getting redder and redder with seething rage. "A-Alright, ya got it now, ya little snotrocket! Ya messed with the Hellraiser! And what happens when ya mess with the Hellraiser?!"

Silence.

Johnny impatiently tapped his foot. "I SAID, WHAT-"

"He raises Hell," the other two said, apathetically and out of sync.

"HE RAISES HELL!" Johnny cracked his knuckles and looked down upon Xander, ready to deliver his righteous vengeance. He reeled back his fist, and swung it forth. "AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA GET-"

"What's going on here?"

His swing zipped past Xander and became a clap. His seething expression twisted into a forced grin almost instantaneously. "Ooooooh, nothing, nothing!" he said, surprisingly chipper.

Behind Xander was Nurse Lena Wulfe. She was wearing her hair down, so it now trailed down past her waist, and she was wering a beat-up pinstripe suit with her shirt collar flipped up, and a doctor's mask with a sharp grin painted on it lowered around her chin. It was...intimidating to say the least. "I'm school staff here," she said, "and I don't recognize your faces. Who are you, and what are you doing harassing a student?"

"Oooooh, no harassing is going on!" Johnny said, as pleasantly as he could muster. "See, we're the hired band here! For the party? The, uh, Rocket Surgeons, you see. Our lead singer is a student here? A Miss Crow? She could vouch for us, I'm sure! My name's Johnny HELLRAISER, guitarist." He gestured towards the girl. "This is Tammy Mulligan, on bass guitar." Then towards the shorter man. "And this is our drummer, Sid the Kid."

Wulfe rose an eyebrow. "Uuuuh-huh."

"And see, this young...man? Man. We were simply asking this young man for directions of where to go! Thank you, thank you, Mr...Uh, you." He gently patted Xander on the head, then straightened up. "I hope there's no confusion here, we reeeeally appreciate your prestigious academy granting us the honor of performing here."

Wulfe sighed. "Alright, fine. I was told some punkass band was gonna be here, so yer story checks out." She pointed her thumb towards the gymnasium. "You can set up shop in there, I was just headin' over to unlock it for the students. Just don't go causin' any real trouble."

"Oh thank you very much, madame! You truly are a gracious host, and...!" Once Wulfe walked out of earshot, Johnny's face returned to its prior scowl, and he leaned towards Xander's face again. "You got off lucky, crapapple! I'd deck ya so hard you'd wedge in the cement if yer school weren't payin' us an assload of moolah for this performance! So feel gracious that THE Johnny Hellraiser is grantin' ya mercy like this! IT'S A BADGE OF HONOR!"

"You'd probably hurt your fist on his face," Tammy snarked.

"I think he actually did that once," Sid added.

"No s#$%? I was makin' that up. S#$%, what a dweeb."

"NEITHER OF Y'ALL ARE GETTIN' BIG CUTS OF THE DOUGH!" Johnny snapped at them. He turned back towards Xander and put his sharp red shades back on. "I'm watchin' you, bratbasket. Le's go, assholes."

He turned around to head back to the bus and fetch the instruments. He...didn't seem to realize that the others weren't following him, but he sure was walking.

----

Makeup Room

Once Violet was out of the room, Jackie let out a little sigh of relief. She made Jackie felt like she was suffocating...for some reason.

She didn't quite feel as safe as she expected, though. Gwen's words went through her head, creeped around like a serpent. She felt her breathing stagnate again. H-Huh? Paolo mentioned a fight with the alpaca, but...b-bloody? Uh...I don't... She felt more weight on her back than before. She wasn't used to this kind of thing. People never really approached her before, but now she had some...actual friends. And those friends were telling her that her other friends weren't friends. And it all felt so...so...

Jackie's mind was snapped back to reality with a jolt when her chair swiveled around, and she felt her heart stop for a beat. Her breathing spiked. She almost forgot what she was doing before that...the stressful talk put her head in a bad place there. Now her head was somewhere else - in Gwen's hands.

Gwen was running her hands through Jackie's hair, and Jackie felt her face light up. She felt her sharp fingernails digging into the arms of the chair. This was weird. This has never happened to her. She hasn't had anyone play with her hair unless they were a barber. And Gwen of all people...she couldn't think of how to react. She just kinda...let it happen. She almost felt creepy for getting so worked up over something so stupid, honestly, but it just...it was so strange, and so unexplainable a feeling. She couldn't think straight.

"Girl, do you bleach?"

She snapped back to reality again. "H-Huh? I-Is...Is it that noticeable...?!" She slumped back into the chair, embarrassed. But...this was an opportunity, right? For that whole...bonding thing, that people are supposed to do? When they want to like...get close to someone. "U-Uh...yeah, though I hoped ya wouldn't notice...Uh, I started bleachin' it a couple years ago. And uh...cut it 'round the same time, too, though I guess I ain't really a top-notch barber or anythin'."

She tapped her fingers against the chair. She should...elaborate?

"Uh...I-I'm actually a natural red-head," she admitted, her eyes going to the floor.

The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Makeup Room - Gwendalyn:

While Jackie kept talking, UV had started putting a large number of bobby pins between her lips, adding in an occasional "Mm-hm." It was questionable if she had a concept of "enough" when it came to those things. Although a few "Mm-hm"s in, Jackie said something that made her stop in her tracks for a few solid seconds:

"Uh...I-I'm actually a natural redhead."

Her jaw dropped, and she was brought back to reality by the sound of about thirty bobby pins clacking against the floor in quick succession. For a few moments, she had a hard time finding her words, and all she could utter was the word "Girl..." a few times, before being able to say what she wanted to say. She started wandering around the room... and then she started storming around the room, looking like she was about to explode.

"GIRL!!! You have red hair?! You don't just throw that away! Why would you do that to yourself?! Do you have any idea how many girls would kill to be a natural redhead?! That stuff's permanent, too! Venus gave you a gift and you stomped on it! Hot redheads are the only thing better than hot blondes! Just... why..."

She took a few deep breaths to stop herself from going further. She glanced at Jackie briefly before moving her vision elsewhere. She... had probably gone a little overboard there, hadn't she? Even though she was far beyond making first impressions, that... probably wasn't a good move. Over hair, too...

"...Sorry about that. That certainly wasn't a tirade I was expecting to go on today! Tehehe..." She tried to laugh it off, though not very hard. She figured it wasn't going to work, anyways. "I think I'm done now... I'm over it. It's fine. It doesn't bother me..." She slowly made her way back over to where she was beforehand and started picking up the bobby pins off the floor. Breathing noticeably heavier now, she started pulling back Jackie's bangs, and pinning them in place, exposing her entire forehead.

"So let's change the subject... again. Anything you do for fun?"
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Makeup Room

That was...also unexpected.

Gwen's reaction to the redhead thing was unprecedented, that was for sure. Jackie expected maybe mild surprise at the revelation, but here she was, scrunched back in her chair like a turtle in its shell, scared of being attacked. D-Did I do something wrong? she wondered. Is this normal? Or did I screw something else up now...?

"U-Uh..." Jackie tried to find her words after that outburst trew her off guard. "S-Sorry? I didn't think...anyone would care..." She tapped at the arm with her fingers again. She bit her lip nervously. "Nobody did before, at least..."

Gwen seemed keen on moving on, so Jackie decided to follow suit for now. Plan A on small talk didn't seem to work out for her. She felt like she was on a gameshow with her points in the negative right now. But she still had a chance to catch up, technically. Gwen gave her a hook to bite, so that was a good start.

"Oh, uh, mostly practice music," Jackie said. "I...doubt you know me, I guess, but I sing in a band. We're called the Rocket Surgeons, and we've got like...an album and everythin'." She chuckled. "Though, uh, I guess it ain't that big a deal next to some bigshot pop star, 'ey? Heh...b-but it's fun, I guess. Usually. Not always, but...y-y'know."

Her finger-tapping grew more erratic as she tried to think of something else. "Uh...s-so what about you, then?" she asked. "You've...helped me out more than a couple times already, but I don't know much about'cha. I-I'd kinda like to get to know you more." Her face flushed red, and her eyes darted about again. "Y-You know, cuz I'd like to be...uh...f-friends. Or...somethin'..." She sighed. "Er, b-but ya don't gotta answer if that sounds too...weird..."

TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Outside:

“Ah’ think there is one. Ah’ heard the guy in th’ front office mention one. Well, Ah’ don’t think it sounded like an invitation thing.”

That was when she noticed the streak of green that Lia was adding to her hair. She looked at her hand to see traces of green pastel all over it. She quickly hid her hand behind her back. Crap! Why didn’t I notice this before? Did anyone else notice? What will Lia think? Her face and palms felt like they had just been doused with icy water and she nearly dropped her bag of art supplies. The bag rattled, shook, and apparently clanked. Her skin turned noticeably pink as she continued to the dorms.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Remember when Gwen and Jackie were going to be rivals? Neither do I.

"Ooooh! You do music too? Fun! Maybe we could collab sometime! It'd probably give you a big boost in getting your name out there, at least..." She thought about that for a few moments while pulling Jackie's hair in the back up just like in the front; Jackie's hair was starting to form a muted yellow cone on the top of her head. It was fortunate no one else was in the room. Jackie looked silly, to say the very least.

UV thought about Jackie's general appearance and attitude... Lots of skulls, spikes, easily provoked, trying to look cool... "Although, I don't know how much you'll really benefit, thinking about it. Just taking a swing in the dark here, but you probably perform somewhere in that weird mess of rock and metal? I'm not sure how much overlap you're gonna get with a group of people who like listening to my stuff, but hey! Worth a try, right? 'Sides. It's not like I haven't worked with rock stars before. Ooh! That reminds me! I wonder how SG's doing these days..."

She paused a moment before letting out a short laugh. "Oh, who am I kidding? Shameless broad's probably in prison or something..."
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Makeup Room

Jackie's eyes lit up. "A collab? S-Seriously?! You'd...wanna do that? With me...?" She was holding back a giddy smile. O-Oh my god, she actually kinda...gives a damn about me? Holy crap...

She chuckled. "Ha ha, yeah, we're kind of a punk rock thing, I guess! I-Iunno if it's really yer kinda thing. But uh, if you wanna ever check us out...I-I mean, the offer's open! I'd be...m-more than willin' to sing with ya, I guess. Yer...uh...c-cool."

Jackie was so happy in that moment that she didn't even hear Gwen's comment about some broad in prison. Nor did she dwell on Gwen not following up on Jackie's question. Gwen was interested in her! Not quite like Jackie was interested in Gwen, but Jackie didn't expect the time of day from the girl, let alone a collab offer. Things were swinging in a good direction. Intrigue was good. It was time to think of what could come next.

Suddenly, a thought crossed her mind. A regret that gnawed at her brain that she couldn't really ignore.

"...Jacqueline Pemberly."

She held her breath for a moment before continuing.

"...I-I accidentally overheard your name. I uh...I get it, not wantin' to go by your real name. And it...feels kinda unfair I learned yours, but you don't know mine. It's Jacqueline Pemberly." She sighed. "Though I'm in the same boat as you are...I prefer just, Jackie."

Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Outside the Gymnasium - Violet

Looks like she wasn't the first one there.

Violet approached Flo and waved cheerily. "Uh, hi there!" she exclaimed, beaming brightly. "I'm Violet Kingston! Who might you be?"

Outside the Makeup Room - Ludwig

With his costume assembled and put on - I look surprisingly good in a bartender suit, Ludwig thought to himself after looking in the mirror - all he needed now were some hair pins or a hair tie, anything to keep his hair out of his face. Because, for the life of him, his hair refused to stay out of his face!

Unfortunately for him, the drama room didn't have such small and delicate items in the endless closet of clothes it provided so he had to make a stop at the makeup room to get them.

He was about to open the door and barge in when a thought occurred to him. More likely than not, there will be girls in there. And if there are only girls in there, they might be changing. So Ludwig paused to knock on the door and shout at warn whoever was inside:

"HEY! MALE INTRUDER COMING IN!"

And he promptly opened the door and stepped in, finding Gwendalyn and Jackie. "Oh not you again!"
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Makeup Room

Jackie's grip tightened so hard on the arms of her chair that there was an audible CRACK. She turned towards Ludwig as he barged in and shot him the single most terrifying, lethal glare that could ever be seen. A glare that could beat Medusa in a staring contest. And a hiss in her voice that could send a shiver down the bravest of souls.

"GET. OUT."

A deadly, dark aura seemed to fill the room in an instant.
Spoiler : OoC :
TAR and I hoped to keep the current scene mostly between Gwen and Jackie btw. We let the people in the Discord chat know, but forgot to let you know, sorry. xP