[RP] Fate/New Dawn (IC Thread - Game 1)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: [RP] Fate/New Dawn (IC Thread - Game 1)

Post by kwando1313 »

Bridge

It seemed that... For some reason, Assassin had seen something that caused her to engage. S***. Probably something really bad must have happened. Not good. And... Well, with that loud explosion they heard earlier...

Linn probably needed Archer to be there.

Get to the train station now. S***'s gone down. Satsuki needs aid ASAP.

I see. I'll try finding a place to observe from a distance.

Still observing from a distance? Ugh. Fine. Just make sure you're in eyesight of the station, okay?

Will do. Be there soon.

Linn proceeded to run off to the train station as well. But as she ran... She just couldn't help but have a horrible knot in her stomach about what might happen next...

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Train Station

Oh shit.

That was Caster's first thought as the servant appeared and ran into strike against Madara.

I mean... No? This is good? But, still, this is probably bad.

At the same time as the thought crossed Caster's mind, Madara turned around and pointed the gun at Assassin, firing off two rounds.

"Hey! Woah! Get back!"

He points a finger, angrily but without fear, at the new servant.

"This is my show! And you haven't been invited! Get back to the audience, you!"
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Train Station

Assassin deftly deflects the bullets with her broadsword without even slowing down. A few moments later she is a mere few feet away from Madara- not close enough for him to be able to reach her, but close enough to strike. Her arms positioned so that she could pierce his heart with a single strike, she prepares to thrust her weapon.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Around the Train Station

Archer managed to get to herself in a building by the train station before her master got there, it seemed. Assassin seemed ready to engage... Whoever this mysterious person was. Yeah. She definitely made the right decision. It was better for her not to intervene at this point. So, she decided to quietly watch the ensuing events from a distance, but not before giving Linn a message...

Satsuki's servant is here. She's... Engaging someone. I... Don't see a servant here though.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
enigma

Post by enigma »

Train Station

Suddenly, the lights cut out. No... It's more than that. A blanket of darkness, sapping the light from the area descends upon the train station coating it in a pitch black soup.

"That's far enough."

A voice crackles over the announcements. It's a distorted voice, making it hard to judge the gender of the person speaking. The darkness parts way to reveal a dim light, a crackling television screen typically used to display train schedules. Except, now, it's playing an image of a silhouette of a person. The person lifts his arms as if welcoming beloved guests.

"Salutations first," the figure begins. "I am the servant designated Caster. A little dehumanizing, I admit, to introduce myself as such but I have my reasons for keeping my identity hidden."

Ah, but that's typical of me.

The figure clears it's throat.

"Now, then... With pleasantries out of the way, may I kindly ask you to refrain from murdering my master?"

He stops and corrects himself.

"Well, make that ex-master considering he has used up all of his command seals. Take a look at his hand if you doubt me."

The figure laughs a good natured laugh and Madara begrudgingly holds out the backs of his hands.

Blank. Not a symbol to be seen.

"Hasn't there been enough bloodshed already? This idiot used all of his seals in the very first hour to destroy everything he could. So, now, he has no power. He's no longer a master. He's entirely out of this game. But, still, he is a matter for the police. Not for civilian vigilantes, no? Is it not your duty, your imperative, to allow this foolish child to be judged by those in power?"

The figure leans in and folds his hands.

"Of course, you do have the choice to refuse, as morally bankrupt as that would be. However, it would behoove you to know that this darkness is a trap. With a click of my fingers, anything within it will instantly be killed."

The figure shakes his head and smiles, shrugging.

"Of course, you're free not to believe me. However, I loathe killing and other such action, so it would be to both our benefits if you simply left the poor boy alone and went home. I, without a master, will soon fade from a lack of mana, so I plan to use my last few days peacefully observing. So, there's no threat from me. I merely want to keep this war as peaceful as possible."

Offering his hand to the screen, the figure smiles kindly.

"So, then, won't you please indulge me?"
NihilisticNinja

Train Station

As everything went dark, Assassin looked around in bewilderment, but could see nothing. Her first guess would be a Noble Phantasm of some kind, but she supposed that an extremely strong spell could have the same effect.

The perpetrator then introduced himself as Caster, and provided a general summation of the current situation.

Assassin absorbed the information for a second, saying nothing. It may have been theoretically possible that there was some spell that could be utilized to hide one's command seals, but if there was Assassin certainly didn't know it. The Servant's immediate presence right when his "former" Master was under attack was also slightly worrying, but there was absolutely to back up the assertion that his desire to avoid non-participant casualties wasn't genuine. Nobody had actually gotten hurt until after Assassin had almost killed Madara; excluding the train incident of course, but most probably Caster would have still been his Servant at that point. Yes, the risk of potentially killing an individual now uninvolved in the Grail War- murderer or no-was far too great to risk on gut feelings or slight suspicions.

There was also Caster's threat of payback, of course, but she was highly skeptical that the man was able to utilize such an instant death spell. At a minimum, death was likely extremely probable, not inevitable. Which would give her a bit of wiggle room. But that was purely academic regardless.

Assassin backed away from Madara, and lowered the arm holding her broadsword- though she didn't yet return it to its sheath.

"When somebody greets you, it is only appropriate to greet in return. I am Assassin. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Caster-san." She greets him with a short bow, though making sure to never stop keeping her eyes on the screen displaying the other Servant.

"The only reason for my intervention was a concern that once again, a Master's intervention in the Holy Grail war would result in the loss of innocent lives. Given your assurance that this is not the case, I now feel obligated to not murder the man, regardless of little I may feel his life is worth. I swear to you upon my honor that I will not murder this individual unless it becomes my duty as a Servant in the Holy Grail war."

She took a deep breath, and then concluded. "Thus, given your desire to spectate, I believe you should be satisfied with letting me go at this point?"

She knew it was incredibly possible that Caster was lying about his motivations and would attempt to murder her anyway, but she hopefully would get backup quite shortly if that was the case, and she was confident enough in her ability to avoid being killed until then.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
enigma

Post by enigma »

Train Station

"I have no reason to stop you from leaving. So long as no-one's harmed, go ahead."

Beat.

"A little anti-climactic, isn't it?"

Caster laughs, apologetically.

"Truth be told, I'm sure you were all expecting a big grand fight. I was almost convinced that one was imminent myself. But, well, in the end... Everything's worked out. I'm relieved."

He sighs, a twinge of guilt in his voice. He pauses once more, in thought.

"Well, then. I suppose I better remove the satanic magic I'm so well known for."

He sighs, and as he does the darkness dissipates from the area.

"Well, then. Head off whenever you please. I'm not going to be chasing you."
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Around the Train Station

Archer was in an area that she... Well, couldn't really hear the servant, but she could still see him very easily. Or, well, the silhouetted figure on the screen. An eerie inky blackness proceeded to cover the area... And, well, she proceeded to be on guard, lifting her bow and arrow, focusing on her target within the darkness. After all, it was pretty clear that this darkness was unnatural, considering it over covered the train station area.

But then, just as quickly as the darkness appeared, it rescinded. What had happened down there? Still... Archer was suspicious of the whole situation. It smelled too... Fishy, for her liking. She kept her bow and arrow still drawn and ready to fire, at least until Assassin got of range...

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Train Station

Lancer. Did you follow all of that?

Only in the sense that I understood that it was a series of events that just occurred. But no matter. In war, you often need to improvise when information is lacking. Master, I'll trust your judgment!

No one has seen you yet. I want to try to keep it that way for as long as possible, though it's probably unlikely it'll last for much longer. ... Watch out for any attacks, and be prepared to intercept them. We're dealing with an Assassin, who could strike me quickly, and a Caster, who could be using a magic spell at this very moment without our knowledge, since he could be lying about the whole 'retreating and leaving people alone' thing. And if anyone else shows up... Well, that probably won't end in sunshine and rainbows and great stock gains.

The situation was very hard to believe. Just when she had been prepared to give Lancer the order to kill Madara... Well... All of THAT happened. All things considered, if she didn't think about the ridiculousness of the situation, the facts seemed clear: There was another Servant in the area (Assassin, apparently) and Madara's Servant appeared to be Caster. Considering the explosion, Subaru would have been more surprised if no one else had shown up. Though she had to admit, the entire situation seemed extraordinarily fishy to her. Letting Madara go after everything that had happened didn't seem like the right answer to her, regardless of whether or not the Church (or police) did something as well.

Still, while just a moment ago she had been prepared to give the order to murder someone, the situation gave her a chance to calm down and not just follow her first instinct. Right... Right. Killing someone was... It was a line she knew she'd probably have to cross during the Holy Grail War if she wanted to survive. But it wasn't something she could do for no reason. Madara had clearly caused a lot of suffering, but he didn't seem to be in the position to do anything else. ... And considering what he had done, even if he WAS in the position to do anything else, the Church would likely put in all their efforts to stop him. Still, not exactly a situation she was fond of.

"... Well, it's not really the ideal situation, but alright. Though, just as a warning... If you DO cause any more trouble, I'm not going to listen to any more excuses. As long as that's clear, I guess I can leave it at this..." Subaru said to Caster. It was equal parts a threat, a warning, and acceptance of the terms.

She turned to Assassin next, realizing that casually slipping away would probably be next to impossible.

"Hey, I'm Subaru. Want a lollipop? I carry a ton with me wherever I go. So, since you're an Assassin, you're fast, right? Does that mean you can finish massive amounts of food in seconds?" Subaru asked, intentionally choosing the stupidest question she could think of. Both for fun and because that was just the way she talked to people. Maybe she also wanted people's guards to be lowered around her. But it was probably mostly for the fun part.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
NihilisticNinja

Train Station

Assassin turned to the other Master, frowning slightly at the bizarre question. "As much as I appreciate the offer, I'm not particularly hungry at the moment." the Servant gripped the broadsword tighter, expecting an attack from the woman's Servant at any moment. As much as she struggled at Servant-Servant combat, she had to confess that the idea of an actual challenge excited her. However, she wasn't foolish enough to jump into a battle without any information about whom she'd be facing, particularly when the opponent had the advantage of knowing her class. "As for consuming a great deal of food... I suppose I theoretically could. I'm not sure why I would want to, however. I don't require it for nourishment, after all."

A few moments later, Satsuki arrived. She was panting for breath, but taking pains to appear as composed as possible- though she was not entirely successful.

I'm here.

Assassin didn't react to the telepathic missive, keeping her focus on the other Master.

I'll explain the current situation later. I'm currently in conversation with another Master. We'd be at a disadvantage, but if you wish for me to strike, I shall.

No need to yet. At a minimum, let's wait for the others to get here. There's strength in numbers, after all.

Satsuki then proceeded to stand near the entrance to the train station, stuffing her hands into her pockets. Hopefully the situation wouldn't worsen before everybody else arrived.
enigma

Post by enigma »

Train Station

"Alright, kids!"

Caster chuckles, his figure waving cheerfully on the screen.

"I'm done here, so if you two are going to keep each-other busy I guess I better head off! Tschüss~!"

And with that, the screen crackled with static and shut off by itself. Of course, whether Caster really had left or not was entirely up to debate...
GuardianDreamer

Train Station

"Suit yourself. I think it'd be interesting, but that's just me. I guess I'll just keep the lollipop for myself."

Now that Caster had (probably) left, Subaru did the most natural thing she could do: She checked her smartphone to look at the stocks. ... Was it kind of tactless to check this specific train company's stocks after what had just occurred? Probably not. Once again, Subaru didn't intend to reveal whether she was being serious, or getting in the zone of acting as incompetent and oblivious as she could.

Lancer, I'm going to try to avoid a battle for now. Or at least move the location. Keep an eye out like always, alright?

Subaru didn't receive a direct answer to that, but Lancer's presence was enough of an answer anyway. She turned towards Assassin, unsure of how to handle the situation. Maybe being blunt would help? Though if she was being perfectly honest, it was just as possible that Assassin (or her Master) was just very bloodthirsty and would try to fight no matter what. Oh well, she'd cross that bridge soon.

"I don't suppose there's any chance that we could both just walk away from this? I mean, I'm sure it'd be a barrel of laughs, but maybe we can wait to butcher each other when we don't have to worry about the amount of Servants who'll be attracted to this area. I'm kind of surprised that there aren't more here already, honestly..." Subaru said to Assassin. Well, that was an attempt at peace, however temporary. Now to see how it would go...
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
NihilisticNinja

Train Station

Assassin paused for a moment, seemingly considering the offer. She then sent a telepathic missive to her Master.

The Master is suggesting letting them retreat for the time being. I wish to fight, but I'll defer to your judgment on the matter.

Earlier you said that you would be at a disadvantage in a battle, correct?

Yes, they're aware of my Servant class, while I remain unaware of theirs. The Master has left the Servant concealed- I assume- ever since I arrived.

I suggest we let them go then. We know what the Master looks like, at least. It'd be better to seek a fight when we have either more information, or are in an area tactically advantageous. While Archer is likely nearby, who knows when they'll arrive, and if the other Master turns against us, we could be in a relatively unfortunate situation.

Very well.

Her argument made, Satsuki walked away from the train station, hoping to meet the others en route.

Assassin, meanwhile, gives the other Master a short bow. "If that is what you desire, then I won't strike. Be on your way."
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Approaching the Train Station

Linn was actually quite surprised at the speed that Satsuki took off away from her. Granted, she wasn't running at full speed (nor did she really need to run towards the scene at full scene, considering she wanted to be in more of an observation role rather than an active participant role), but she still had quite covered quite the distance in that time.

So, by the time that Linn caught up to Satsuki, it seemed she was a little bit away from the train station where everything had occurred.

"O-Oh! Satsuki! Do you have any idea what the f*** just happened here? I... Haven't heard anything from her since she got here, so..."

- - -

Another Area, Around the Train Station

Archer remained standing there, watching the situation at hand, making sure it didn't escalate any further. Her bow was now no longer pointed at the silhouette (as it seemed to have completely disappeared). Instead, it was now pointed at the girl who talking with Assassin. She made sure to carefully remember what she looked like - after all, she had to be a Master, right?

Luckily, it seemed like the situation was de-escalating, but... It was always better to be safe than sorry...

GuardianDreamer

Train Station

Subaru nodded. While she tried to seem as stoic as she possibly could, it took a great deal of effort to hide her relief. She'd be willing to do battle if that was necessary, but avoiding it for now was ideal, at least until she had more information. Of course, she was paranoid enough to realize that this could be a trap, and that Assassin planned to ambush her. When it came to the Holy Grail War, you either grew into a paranoid person, or you most likely ended up dead. No points for guessing which option Subaru preferred.

Master, have no fear! If anyone tries to strike you, then I'll just strike back with one hundred times the power. Though I have to admit, I am a bit disappointed that I can't fight yet. ... Forgive me if that sounded bloodthirsty. But I'm a warrior. It's in my nature to seek powerful opponents, and this Assassin seems worthy.

... Can't you mask your disappointment a bit better? It almost sounds like you WANT us to be ambushed, just so you get the chance to fight. Your tone makes me feel like I just kicked a puppy... But I still feel like escaping is for the best. We've gathered some valuable information already. Besides, if we stick around any longer, the other Servants could arrive too...

Subaru smirked, her brief conversation with Lancer a reminder of their different beliefs in regards to battle. Lancer was loyal enough to stick with her strategies, but it was obvious that she wanted to fight. Still, if today had been any indication... Subaru was pretty sure that Lancer wouldn't have to wait long for the chance to fight. Not with how chaotic the Holy Grail War was already proving itself to be.

With a shrug, Subaru turned around and started walking away from Assassin. She stopped, turning her head to say something before she left.

"By the way... Small message for your Master before I go, if you don't mind passing it along. Considering your actions, I doubt it, but... If your Master ever does something like what Caster and Madara did back there, I'm going to kill you both. I doubt that'll happen though. Take care, try not to die. I mean, unless you want to. I don't know about you, but I figure most people in the War are trying to survive."

Without waiting for a response, Subaru continued walking away. Soon, she was out of sight, unless someone tried to follow her.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here