Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

The Ash Raichu
Spoken languages: English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): Activity 1

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Makeup Room - Gwendalyn:

"Hey, I didn't think it sounded that bad! Then again, I guess you probably think most most pop stuff isn't exactly the pinnacle of intelligence, either." Gwen shrugged and kept working on the star.

"So you're into more of the lighter stuff. I actually had you pegged as someone who liked, like, Metallica and Korn and those guys I can't stand, but Queen and the Beatles are pretty cool! I prefer other stuff, but I don't hate them. Though hoo boy, do I have some opinions on AC/DC. Like, I don't want to insult your tastes or anything, but their sound kiiiiiiinda embodies everything I hate about rock. Like, I consider myself to be a professional vocalist, so of course I pay attention to the singer, and, well... Just listening to that raspy, screechy voice makes my throat sore. He also probably should've paid more attention to the part of his contract that says he has to take helium every time he performs. Like, listen to his voice and tell me with a straight face that's natural..."

While Gwen was ranting, It was about then that she realized that since that was the first group Jackie mentioned, AC/DC was probably her all-time favorite, not including herself. Though on the plus side, now Jackie had a star on her other cheek almost identical to the one she already had, though she still needed to color it in, so she did that. Though she should prooobably address the other matter, too. "Alright, that was probably a bit insensitive... If you wanted to know, my favorites are Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Kelly Clarkson, and Wayne Bergeron, featuring Pretty Reckless as about the only rock group I really love. If you want to get back at me, I'd completely understand. I don't think rock and pop were meant to get along with each other, and it sounds like tearing things apart is a bit of a pastime of yours!"

Outside the Gym - Flo:

Flo hugged her staff even tighter when she heard Job's compliment. "I'm glad you think so! It was kinda thrown together pretty quick, but you look amazing! You're all sparkly and I barely even recognized you!"

Job's next words kinda threw Flo off. "Wait. But you're talking about her! Have you not heard of UV Brite before...? She's so cool! I only ever met her in person recently, but she's super nice and funny, isn't she?"
TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

The Dorms - Isabelle:

Isabelle’s laughter stopped when she heard Lia’s nervous laughter. What did I do? She got slightly caught up in trying to figure out what went actually right this time. It was tense a few minutes ago. Was it us arriving at the dorms? Maybe it was the laughter? No, it couldn’t be the laughter. She was interrupted by Lia saying something.

“Do you need any help carrying your bags up or anyth’n?”

Isabelle paused for a second to consider Lia’s offer. I can carry everything myself even though after awhile the art bag seems to get heavier. At the same time I think that it would be polite of me to have her help. “Yes, Ah’ could use some help with my bags. That is, if ya don’t mind.”

---------

Thomas’s arrival:

The shadows were starting to grow longer as a horse-drawn carriage pulled in front of the school gates. The sole occupant looked out of the window to see the exact place that his parents had shipped him off to. It is a large place. Large and no small, dark spaces. What a seemingly gloomy place my parents sent me to.

The driver opened the door and he stepped out of the carriage and into the somewhat bright world. He had just picked up his grey satchel and black suitcase when the carriage took off again leaving him stranded.

On first glance he did not seem like the type of person who would be attending Shelvington Academy. Dust fell off his clothes in sheets but they never seemed to become any cleaner. In fact, all that dust made his normally black wardrobe seem grey. Well, all of it except for the vintage jacket that he wore. It is especially important to note the raven that perched on his right shoulder. His hair was somewhat long and unkempt.

He just stared after the carriage until it vanished from sight. He let out a mournful sigh. The raven in turn flew off his shoulder and flew around for a few minutes cawing excessively loud.

“Lenore!” the man yelled. The raven returned to his shoulder. Together they proceeded to the front office.
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Outside the Gymnasium - Violet and Ludwig

"Masquerade?" Ludwig parroted in confusion. "I thought it was a costume party. I'm pretty sure that's what the announcement earlier said." His ears picked up on Nurse Wulfe's comment and his confusion increased. "What's a 'baccano'?" He rolled his eyes and forced it out of his mind.

"I can't believe I was talking out loud..." Violet muttered, still in a panic. "Oh my gosh, I probably looked so stupid!"

Ludwig glanced at Violet, the sight bringing a sigh to his lips. "Hey." Violet perked up and stared at Ludwig. "Erm... The name's Ludwig. Who are you?"

Violet had a deer-in-the-headlights sort of look on her face, horror and puzzlement mixed together. "Uh... Hah-aaaah...."

Violet being awkward caused a bit of anxiety in Ludwig and his shifted his feet. He glanced at Jazmine hoping to cue her to say something herself. Girls could talk to girls easily, right? He sure hoped so.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Dorms

Seeing an out for her nervous laughs Lia quickly jumps for a response:

"Oh yeah? Good!" Lia says stammering in her attempts to eat back her nervousness, "I-I, I think that office guy said you were room 306 so..."

So....

saying that Lia picks up a few of Isabelle's bags, adding to her own cluttered form bagged down by her own luggage, and enters the building.

She turns back to Isabelle, saying "I'll uh just. Go put this there!" Before making her way to the dorms.

She'll fit in just fine, I'm sure.

---------------------------------

Outside Gym

Job stares at Flo, confused.

Nice and Funny?

Given the way she said it those are probably complements. But lacking a definition, Job just blinks before saying in usual monotone;

"I guess." punctuated by a shrug.

Her attention at that point began wandering, from one person to another, all unfamiliar.

Tho she recognized Jazmine's voice and that of......someone else she was sure.

A name would be helpful.

"Erm... The name's Ludwig. Who are you?"

Ah yes, that would do.

Without much a thought Job bows to in the direction of Ludwig, seemingly muttering: "Hello again Mr. Ludwig."

Before noticing she was actually bowing to the person Mr. Ludwig was talking to rather than the individual himself.

And the recipient seemed rather distressed too for some reason?

Job slowly moves over to Violet and gently pats her on the back, having been told prior this is apparently calming.

"Are you alright?"
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Outside - Jazmine:

Jazmine stared at Ludwig in disbelief, and brought her palm to her face, lowering her mask and muttering something mostly inaudible. When she looked back up, he was chatting up Violet. At this point, one might expect Jazmine to fly into a lust-fueled frenzy or turn away in some passive-aggressive manner, as a battle ensued for who would get the guy. However, seeing Violet melting down the way she was didn't exactly instill any powerful feelings of worry in Jazmine. She noted that Ludwig was also shifting around, so either he wasn't exactly amazed either, he just had a hard time talking to girls, or he found her incredibly attractive. Given her revealing attire, that third one wasn't out of the question, though Jazmine tried not to let it bother her too much. Though before Jazmine could chat with her, Fairy-Girl looked like she was trying to defuse that situation. So that was nice.

"Hm. Impressive." Jazmine quipped sarcastically, seemingly willfully ignorant of the fact that Violet did way better than she did when it came to first words with the guy. She flicked her mask back up and approached as best as her heels would let her. Which was not very well. "I don't suppose you picked that out yourself..."
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Makeup Room

Jackie...groaned wih a very strained expression. Like she just smelled something really really bad.

Oh lord. Thank god she's hot, cuz her taste is trash.

"Uh...I-I mean, we all got our different opinions on stuff. C-Can't agree on everythin', and that's...uh...a-alright!"

The strain in her expression was pretty obvious.

"L-Let's not talk about music," she said dismissively, "w-we both get plenty of that talk onthe job, I bet! Eh heh...So, uh..." She tapped her fingernails against the arm of the chair again. "It's...t-takin' a while, huh? The, uh, makeup stuff. Uh...w-what are ya settin' up for me, anyway...?" Jackie had felt stuff being applied to her eyes and stuff being drawn on her cheeks and stuff, but she had no idea what Gwen was actually doing. "I...don't s'pose you can gimme any spoilers on the getup, right?"

----

Front Office

"Hello, my name is Tiny Table Tino, how may I assist-"

Tiny Table Tino looked up from his tiny table to see the young man with a raven perched upon his shoulder, emanating a gothic aura like a haunted corpse walking about the earth.

"...Give me one moment." He flipped through his tiny files. "Mr. Evans I, um, presume? Y-yes, well...you are boarding in Room 354 with a Mr. Matsumoto. And, um, you'll need proper storage for your...companion, in your room. A cage with a lock, for example."

He stayed quiet for a moment, then coughed nervously.

"Um...y-you may proceed, young man, you're...making me a tad uneasy."
Spoiler : OoC :
Sorry for the delay in post! Busy weekend followed by a motivation crash.

I'll open the gymnasium up soon, once I'm settled on layout.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Makeup Room - Gwendalyn:

Gwendalyn responded to Jackie's request by staring blankly at her for a few moments. Then, with her usual carefree grin, she said, "Nope! Sorry! I can't really say anything about it without ruining the whole surprise for you! I'm kinda shocked you haven't figured it out yet, though that might change pretty quick..." Gwen picked up some foundation for a skin tone much much lighter than Jackie's. Well, Jackie's face, anyways.

"You think this is taking a while? I'm only about halfway done!" Gwen giggled as she brought a third sponge covered in foundation across Jackie's forehead, careful not to cross the lines she drew on her face previously, and not to interfere with the stars on her cheeks. "So I might've rushed to conclusions a bit on this one. Why do you think Paolo's such a nice guy? Because he didn't exactly leave a fantastic first impression on me..."
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Outside the Gymnasium - Violet and Ludwig

"Are you alright?"

"I don't suppose you picked that out yourself..."

Violet quickly glanced at Job and then Jazmine as they approached her. She purposefully kept her gaze off of Ludwig, still internally screaming.

"H-hello!" she squeaked as cheerfully as she could. "The name's Violet! And, well, I'm just peachy." She looked at Jazmine and smiled nervously. "I-I didn't pick out the costume myself, Miss UV Brite did. What, do you not like it?"

She dared to look at Ludwig and saw him shuffling back a bit and turning his back to the girls. What a relief. "That Ludwig guy..." she whispered. "Is he okay? I mean, he looks okay - amazing even - but he acts not okay, like really not okay." Violet locked eyes with Jazmine for a brief moment and something popped into her head: The way those two were so casually talking together... Are they?

A deep red colored Violet's face as she stuttered out, "O-oh my gosh! I-I am s-sorry if I insulted your boyfriend! ... Or crush. Or whatever your two are. ... Are you two dating?"
TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Dorms - Isabelle:

“Yes. Sure.” She kinda just stood there while Lia grabbed her duffel and entered the building. She seems nervous. Did I do something? It’s possible. Should I worry about this now? No, I shouldn’t. If I did, I can fix this later.

She walks inside the building until she finds room 306 just in time to see Lia setting down her canvas duffel with one of her designs painted on. The design was a landscape done in Isabelle’s unique style. The designs were masterfully crafted so that the images looked real. One half was a lake. The deep blue was transfixing, but the glimmers of the sun reflecting on the windblown lake shimmered and made the scene magnificent. The other side of the bag featured an even more unusual image. This one seemed to be a cavern of some sort. The dark green walls glimmered with a strange but scary magnificence. The glimmers were ebony. The deep blue water was littered with shadows of a vague shape that could not be attributed to the walls.

She turned to Lia. “Thank ya.” She opened the door to her dorm.

------

Thomas has forgotten something:

Thomas stopped to clarify that what he was seeing actually existed. Yes, there was a man sitting behind a tiny table and who was surrounded by other stationery of the same proportions. Thomas felt like he was slightly losing his grip on reality.

“Thank you very much for the information. It will be of great help to me and my darling Lenore.” he said in a deep but rather quiet voice. “Yes sir, I have proper storage for her. Please do not worry about that.” He gave the man a slight bow. The cage should not be a necessity. I trained her very well. Besides, she does not like the one that she has. He checked his bags for the large, bronze-colored birdcage that he had to force Lenore to sleep in and couldn’t find it.

“Y-you may proceed, young man, you’re...making me a tad uneasy.”

This was not an unusual greeting for Thomas. Although in most other situations, he looked much worse. Still he never really knew the reasons why this was so. He just shrugged it off like usual.

He turned to leave and even took a few steps in the direction of the door. He abruptly turned around and strode back to Tiny Table Tino. Thomas stared at him. To the man sitting behind the tiny desk, it probably looked like a menacing glare. “Would you be kind enough to tell me the location of the nearest telephone? A...landline would be preferable, although I must not expect to find one in such a place as this.”
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): Costume Party Ev

Post by kwando1313 »

Classroom
Sorry once again for taking like 69 billion years to post here. My bad. ;;
"Okay, sounds good to me~"

Opal also had no idea where to go, but... Well, why not go exploring?

Opal decided to leave the classroom and go outside.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
shadowjoe323

Post by shadowjoe323 »

Spoiler : App :
Name: Matthew Moriarty
Likes: Games, computers, talking to people, puns and wordplay
Dislikes: "Uninteresting" people, popular culture and media, schoolwork
Appearance: Wears a plain black t-shirt under a blue hoodie with pockets, which is usually unzipped with the hood down, as well as dark grey sweatpants that also have pockets, and dark brown sneakers. Decently tall, around 5'11" or 6'0". His right eye is sky blue, and his left is closer to navy blue. Has quite fair skin. His hair is short, wavy, and a darkish brown.
Personality: Matthew is a bit of a social chameleon, tending to change how he behaves depending on what he feels the person he's talking to would be most comfortable with, or what would be most appropriate at the time. When he's just being himself, he's usually kind and modest, with a somewhat playful side.
Backstory: Matthew never really cared for the wealth of his family. Sure, he knew they were rich, but he didn't take advantage of it much. The only way that it affected him was by him living in his family's mansion. He never partook in any of the high class events his family did, he simply lived his life trying to fit in.

Around high school though, he started getting bored. It was always the same boring work and the same groups of boring people. No depth to them, just following whatever was popular. Matthew enjoyed feeling like he had things in common with his peers, but if it meant being like these people then he'd prefer to not talk to anyone. So he didn't. He trudged his way through, doing his best to ignore them. His parents noticed how introverted he'd become and discussed the issue with him. They'd heard about Shelvington Academy, which apparently had constant events and students with a touch of... eccentricity. Matthew wasn't very happy about the idea of using so much of his family's wealth, but he agreed in the end.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : @shadowjoe323 :
i'm kinda bummed calvinball's inactive now, I would love to see his Shirley Homes interact with a character named "Moriarty".

App accepted! Welcome to Shelvington Academy.
Makeup Room

Jackie chuckled nervously at Gwen's aloof approach to her makeup. "G-Greeeeat..."

The conversation then seemed to rotate all the way back around to Paolo again, and Jackie felt a pit in her stomach. She wasn't super into talking about friends behind their back. "I mean, Iunno, he's just a super cheery guy. Dude was nice to me like...immediately when we got here. I guess he can get carried away with himself easy...but he's a nice dude, y'know? Eager to make a situation good and all that. He can do for a chill pill or two, but I guess I can appreciate a guy that's generally eager to be nice."

She sighed and tried not to lean on her arm while Gwen was working on her face. "I guess I don't exactly look the 'let's all be friends' type, though. Or act it. But...Iunno, the world's kinda crummy, so it's nice to see some people that wanna help others more often." She groaned. "That sounded dumb and cheesy. Whatever, he's just a nice guy when ya look past the fact he can get super up in your face 'bout stuff."

Jackie noticed she was starting to loosen up a bit. That was a good sign, probably? These kinds of things are probably better when you act natural and not on the verge of implosion every passing second. She was still worried about talking about Paolo too long or wha her costume would be and the like, but the fact that talking was getting easier put some confidence in her head.

----

Front Office

Silently, and while sweating bullets, Tiny Table Tino slowly reached under his tiny table and pulled out a tiny telephone. He slowly placed the tiny telephone on his tiny table and said nothing more.
Spoiler : OoC - The OP has been revamped! :
I finally revamped the OP for the thread! Check it out! Thanks again to Alnar for the logo and Hesseldahl for the poster, and Ami for transferring the thread to me in the first place. Ami's OP is saved on my computer if any info from there is needed.

Aside from prettying up, I elaborated some rules for clarity, added Personality to the app (you don't have to retroactively add this to older apps don't worry), and just generally added more to it. I'm aware the NPC pics are too big right now, I intend to replace them with cleaner character art.

Hope you all enjoy that!
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

shadowjoe323

Post by shadowjoe323 »

Haha, yeah I thought of the same thing when I decided on the name. Would've been fun.
The young man arrives at the school gates, stepping out of the back seat of an expensive looking black car with a few suitcases in tow. He waves to the people in the car as it drives away, before hauling his belongings with him towards the Front Office, hoping to find someone to help him get settled in.

He looks a bit plain to be attending such an expensive and prestigious academy. Sweatpants, t-shirt, hoodie. Not exactly an outfit that screams 'upper echelon of society.' The large academy may have been intimidating him, but he wasn't showing it, wearing a calm small smile on his face as he entered.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Outside the Gym - Flo and Jazmine:

While Violet explained her costume, Jazmine stood stock still. It was like speaking to a statue, until she decided to let out a disinterested, "Mhm," and mumbled something about celebrities being narcissists.

And then... that happened. Most of the time, Jazmine wouldn't have minded being accused of liking a guy she liked, though most people she liked in the past didn't introduce themselves by indiscriminately beating up on people who were trying to have fun. And he made it quite clear that he wasn't afraid to turn his fists on her as well, so Jazmine wasn't quite sure how he'd react to finding out she had a thing for him.

"Hr-!" Jazmine felt her body spasm for a split second as it seemed to want to do about fifteen things at once. She let in a sharp inhale while fighting the urge to shout out, and stiffened up at the same time as she wanted to escape the situation. She could feel her face overheating, and it instantaneously contorted into what could have been a number of different emotions behind her mask. Anger, shock, embarrassment, fear... it was hard to tell which one was affecting her the most.

"I- Er- Wel-" Jazmine glanced over at Ludwig to see if he could help, but he had his back turned. How rude. Flo was also giving her the silent treatment, though she was having a significantly harder time with it. She had dropped her staff at some point and both her hands were clasped tightly against her mouth, almost masking her faint, high-pitched squeal. A vein nearly popped in her forehead from her restraint from shouting something out. From what Jazmine could tell, she was all alone.

"I mean-"

If one thing was for certain, she had to decide now. If she confessed, that would make her a hypocrite, and Flo would likely harass her to no end about going back on what she had said in the Drama room. Ludwig would also hear, and the uncertainty of how he would react had her more than a little frightened.

"I-"

If she didn't and said they were just friends for now, either one of two things would happen. Either she would end up in the friend-zone for the foreseeable future, or this girl would interpret it as a green light to ask him out. Or both of the above, now that she came to think about it. So neither option was particularly great, as much as she tried to convince herself that this was fine, she could have him, and that guys that looked like him were a dime a dozen.

"Nngh... FINE! I think he's hot, too!" Jazmine suddenly burst out, though her volume quickly dwindled back to normal. "And I'm sort of... attracted to him." It was difficult to tell, but Jazmine's eyes were going crazy behind her mask, looking every which way, searching for some sort of out. Eventually, she just settled on walking away as quickly as she could, going nowhere in particular. Her heels inhibited her movement enough that someone could easily intercept her if they felt the need to.

Flo just stood there, grinning from ear to ear, not sure what else to do or say.

Makeup Room - Gwendalyn:

"Oh, I don't know~..." UV started going back to her sing-song voice. "You seem pretty eager to be friends with me~~!" Was that her teasing Jackie, or just making an observation? "Hmm. I guess I still have to talk to the guy about something. I'll see what I can do to fix this whole thing, though I'd still keep an eye on him if I were you. Dude seemed pretty feral when I showed up on the beach." She warned as she finished up applying Jackie's foundation. "Oh! I think I accidentally got some in your hair, but it should wash right out. I don't think anyone'll notice anyways."

UV then started rooting through all of the lipstick she could find, inspecting various shades of red. She seemed to only be satisfied with the brightest, reddest red imaginable. "Okay! I need you to do that duck face everyone hates!"
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): Costume Party

Post by Hesseldahl »

Outside the gymnasium

In Latin American culture, when people make an appointment, they usually don't arrive at the accorded time, they may get 10,30 or even 60 minutes late, Paolo, being living proof, usually, but today he was going to do things right! He went to the gymnasium just on time, or maybe not... there was people outside, waiting probably to enter the enormous gym.

In the crowd Paolo could recognize some people, there was the girl that was sleeping in the Hallways, some of the people who saw the whole track and field fiasco, others who were at the beach fiasco and some new faces, but not signs of Jackie... or Isis, or even worse, Gwendalyn Summers. Even if Paolo was going to try to be relaxed, he already had planned something, if something were to went wrong, and Gwendalyn was somehow involved, Paolo would have proof,photographic proof, to show Jackie that Gwen was actually not nice.

I hope she agrees to help me, she is my last hope.

Violet, one of the key parts of the plan was there, standing, she looked as pretty on the outside as she was in the inside, Paolo walk towards where she was standing, she was having a conversation with a group of students, it seemed to be getting quite heated...

"Nngh... FINE! I think he's hot, too!"

A girl shouted, Paolo stood there, in his awkward self, he start getting red, slowly becoming self aware that his costume was quite revealing, while Paolo's body was nice looking, it still caused conflict in him... he needed to say something before they noticed that he was just standing there, seeing everything unfold.

" NICE COSTUME VIOLET!!!"

Sadly things didn't go out as he expected.