Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DSY
Spoken languages: English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Post by DSY »

Classroom - Job

An odd feeling over came Job during the class. One of such familiarity she had not felt in a long time.
Her hands moved without her needing to, she jotted down ever single word spoken, all within the lines of her notebook, in better print then the textbook itself some may say.

Maybe.

Neuroscience was not something she was particularly familiar with but Job has spent most her life in a classroom. If this is what was required of her, then she simply had to do it.

At the end of the class she packed up her belongings as neat and tidy.

The teacher had spoken of some sort of, camping trip?

Job scratched her head. Unlike the Costume Party the day before Job at least knew what camping was.

But as to why it was happening was completely outside of Job's mental scope. It just seemed very random to her.

But right now, Job had other things to do. She wanted dearly to rectify her mistakes the day prior.

With this resolve, and her packed up books Job turned to the leaving Jackie....just a little too late...

But that was fine, she would speak with her later.

Now that Jackie had left, Job moves herself to Robert, calling out to him at a respectable level.

"Excuse me, Mr. Robert? I would like to speak with you if that is alright. I understand if you are busy at the moment, I shall wait for anytime that is most suitable for you."

----------------------------------------------

Classrooms - Lia

Lia blinked. And then again.

A giant robot smashes through the ceiling. And as fast as it comes crashing in, more people jump up to clean everything up.

AND THEN.

We have a class...on....Neuroscience??

What even is that??

Lia wasn't sure what confused her more, the mess or how she got into it.

Pretty much since entering the classroom Lia has been a whirlwind of not understanding what was happening.

Also now the class was camping?

Lia just sits at her desk, frozen like a statue.

"....okay." repeats from her mouth. Muttered and breathless.

She'll be fine though. she just needs a minute.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Classroom:

A lot happened for Isis very rapidly-- She was in danger, she was suddenly pulled so safely (by a red coated boy who looked vaguely familiar??), a big robot crashed into the classroom; but what really mattered was that this kept her all from getting to her roommate. Isis wasn't familiar with this whole "school" thing, but she apparently wasn't allowed to get up from her seat and try to talk to Jackie in the middle of the dog's speech, so she sat at her desk, surrounded by unfamiliar faces, staring intently at Jackie from afar, trying to puzzle out what the hell she was even supposed to say.

Come to think of it, she never actually told me what happened last night?? Isis realized, drumming her fingers on her desk anxiously. Her leg bounced anxiously, rattling the entire seat as her eyes bounced around the room, desperately looking for something interesting to put her mind on. THIS was school???? God, it felt like torture.

After a seeming eternity, class ended-- The Teacher said something about camping, but Isis wasn't really paying attention; she bolted upright in her seat and quickly made her way to the ex-punk bird girl that stayed in her room.

Working up her courage, Isis opened her mouth to speak--

....what was her name again.

oh my god. oh my god you moron. you absolute buffoon. you've stayed with her for 3 days what was her NAME. Jenny?? was that it? oh my god you're so dumb how do you not know this. she knew yours and you didn't even tell her!! aaauugh say something quick you idiot or you'll have to chase her down!! DO SOMETHING!!

Thinking quickly, Isis looked for the first thing she could find-- a pen, lying on a desk nearby, picked it up, and hurled it at Jackie.

NO
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Classroom

Robert turned to look towards Job. As he seems to do often, he scanned her, up and down, figuring her out in his mind.

"...You were present last night at that bash," he said. "I had hoped your sense of self-respect was a bit stronger in daily clothing..." He stared at the panda hat, his eye twitching. "Oh well, I suppose I should lower my expectations in general henceforth." He skimmed through the notepad for a bit, not giving any notable reactions until reaching the very back of the book. "...Job Yunno, then? Very well, I shall speak to you."

He straightened his sleeves and folded his arms.

"...And what, per chance, do you have to say to me? Make it hasty."

----

Just Outside Class

Just as Jackie left the room, suddenly-

"OW!"

She turned around, her usual rage present on her face.

"THE HELL WAS THAT FOR YOU SON OF A-"

She saw Isis, in post-pen-throwing position, and turned red. She straightened her hair a bit. She avoided eye contact. She tried to think of how to respond...

"I...uh..."

Jackie ran the opposite direction.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Classroom - Isis:

well at least that got her attention-- But then she turned away and ran.

aaaHHHhh why did i do that F*CK IM SO BAD AT THIS

Isis immediately took off after her. "W-WAIT HOLD ON! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!!!"
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Classroom – Violet and Karen

After the mess was cleared out, class had finally happened. To say the least, Violet was far out of her depth. She couldn't even comprehend half the lesson. When class finished, Violet took a look at her notebook, and the lackluster notes within, and sighed.

Then Violet heard the words “camping” and “cooking.” If neuroscience had extinguished the light in Violet, then those words reignited her soul like a wildfire. Camping called for one and only one cooking style: cast iron. Sure Violet hadn't ever actually gone camping, but she'd practiced enough campfire cooking to have a handful of recipes that could be pulled off without the normal conveniences of modern cooking appliances.

Which meant she only had one problem to address. How to camp.

Kyouji's offer came well-timed in Violet's mind and while she was nervous to talk to him, she desperately needed assistance. Violet steeled her nerves and walked up to Kyouji with a bright, but wobbly, smile on her face.

“H-h-hi-hello here! You're offered help and I need because I could not camp.”

Pure, conversational gold.

Karen, meanwhile, had what could've been equated to a paradigm shift. She was in a daze, staring blankly into the distance.

I have seen Ludwig bleed. Karen rose from her seat and took off the cat-themed helmet Xander had given her. I have seen him in a moment of weakness. She gathered her belongings in her backpack and slung it over her shoulder. Why was he bleeding so much? She slowly scuffled towards the door. Has he gotten injured before and not told me?! What about mother and father, are they in on the secret?

Nurse's Office – Ludwig

It had only been a few months ago. High stakes tournament, one-on-one sparring, semi-final round. Ludwig got aggressive, his opponent even more so. The opponent kicked him in the chest full force.

“Two broken ribs… Ruptured… Open heart surgery needed…”

“What is this? Fourth? Fifth time? I can't keep seeing him this way…”

The surgery left Ludwig with a scar that started below his collarbone and ran down his chest before it stopped right above his abdomen. Another one for the collection. It wasn't narrow either so there was plenty of visible scar tissue and scabbing.

He had thought the wound from the surgery had finished healing. Apparently not, as the blunt force had been enough to lacerate and reopen the wound. It wasn't severe enough to call for a hospital but it was bad enough that his shirt and jacket were thoroughly stained. It was something short of a miracle that his scarf remained pristine. In the end, it was nothing too serious.

Ludwig stood in the bathroom of the office, glaring at his reflection and the blood strained wrappings covering his wound. He looked like a mess, plain and simple.
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

Classroom

Karen had certainly chosen an interesting day to show up to school. Just when she thought that the kid falling out of the ceiling was the weirdest it could get, some kind of robot crashed into the room, leading to the students and their professor all being saved by some kind of giant airbag.

Oh, and that professor was a dog.

Eventually, class settled down. Karen had hoped that she might be able to learn some more about her new companion, but Karen Ferdinand seemed a little distracted. Right when the chaos had reached a height, Karen F. had been saved by… some guy. Admittedly, a pretty cute guy. Hopefully he wouldn't soon be a pretty cute dead guy. Karen hadn’t really been paying any attention to who he was when he walked in, but her new friend probably knew something about him.

Once the lecture was over, Karen F. hustled away from her desk. She seemed pretty concerned about that guy. Luckily for her, Karen had an epiphany. The professor had mentioned that there was a place they could get some stuff for this camping trip that would be happening later, and if there was one thing that Karen Dzielny loved more than friendship and brunch, it was shopping. This would surely be the perfect plan! She hustled after her new friend.

“Hey, Karrie! Wait up! Are you doing ok? It seemed like that guy was pretty important to you. The nurse will probably have him as good as new, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.”

Karen paused.

“So… are you two a thing?”

Shoot. That was a little invasive. Karen paused again.

“What do you say we go get some camping clothes? I’ve got, like, nothing right now. It’ll be fun!”
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Classroom

Someone accepted Kyouji's offer very quickly. Kyouji's plan to just loudly declare that he wanted to talk to people seemed to be working wonders in Shelvington so far. Maybe it was a sign that he would make even more bonds than he thought... They would all be important to cherish.

The star in Kyouji's eye shone brightly, so extreme was this that one got the distinct impression that Kyouji probably didn't even need a light source during his travels when he himself functioned as one. He smiled at Violet, his cheeks turning light pink as he got prepared to ESTABLISH A NEW BOND. He couldn't want to see what kind of friendship they would have! Well, he needed to say something, of course!

"Oh, you can't camp? That's fine! Camping is like... Spending time getting to know yourself a lot better, and maybe knowing other people too! I think that when someone is camping, it's great to try to make it about self-discovery. You learn that you can do all sorts of things you couldn't before! Like just starting a fire feels really exciting because you usually have something else to do that for you. Oh, but I know that camping is hard for a lot of people... I can still do it, but I have some relatives who physically can't camp because of illness... But that's okay too! There are lots of ways to express yourself, don't you think?" Kyouji said. What he was saying was maybe inspiring, maybe? He seemed to be on his own train of thought, so if Violet was horribly confused, one couldn't blame her.

Kyouji recognized Violet from the other day, but thought that it would be polite to re-introduce himself. Just in case! Yesterday had felt like several journeys ago, for some reason.

"You can just call me Kyouji, by the way! So, what do you need help with? Picking out what you need? Starting a fire? Setting up a tent? Resource management? Setting up a hammock? Tool maintenance? Fishing? Maintaining morale? Identifying plants and mushrooms? Oh, maybe proper posture for traveling while saving up as much energy as you can? Just let me know! I'm sure you have so much to teach me too!" Kyouji said. He then raised up his right hand, as if expecting Violet to high-five him.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Outside the Classroom
"Hehe, look at you Paige! Your cheek is smiling, finally some improvement!" Elibazeth giggles, drawing in close to her butler and playfully poking his face right on the sticker. "Boop!" Xander's body shivered slightly at the touch of the princess but his expression remained unchanged. His face on the other hand, was a little bit pinker.

Elibazeth and Xander were hanging around outside of the classroom after hearing the announcement from Professor Muller. She was excited to go on another field trip, and it was a camping trip no less! Just what she needed, maybe that'll help her get her mind off of what happened in the morning. Already her head was filled with ideas of what she could do during the trip. Suddeny her eyes light up and she realizes she left something behind inside her desk.

"Oh! I'll be right back Paige, I forgot something in the classroom." She says, making a quick dash toward the door, thinking it'd only just take her a moment.

Except things are ever as simple in this school, for the princess collided with a girl who had come running out of the classroom door. Thankfully, she managed to plant her foot into the ground to steady herself before another floor tumbling incident could happen.

"Eep!" she cried in surprise, as she clutched her hands lightly gripped the shoulders of the girl in ran into her. With her eyes shut, Elibazeth could only catch the familiar scent of the girl's hair. "U-Um... Careful! Goodness, I'd hate to fall to the floor again after this morning... Are you okaaaaaaaaaa-"

The girl was Jackie.

"eep." She froze for a moment, her face heating up a little as the mixture of emotions she had felt earleir in the morning resurfaced. "J-J-Jackie! H-Hi! Oh goodness, I'm so s-sorry! Are y-you okay?"
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Classroom

Violet mutely nodded along to Kyouji's words. Admittedly, the pounding of her heart in her ears drowned out every other word he said and Violet had trouble meeting his eyes – eye? So she tried to watch his mouth to read his lips but that made her embarrassment. Desperately, she looked in every other direction while still trying to pay attention. Eventually, Kyouji stopped talking. Which meant Violet had to talk. Oh, she had to talk. How did speaking work again?

“Hhhhnnnnngghhh…” Say sure! Say yes! Say something! “Suyes!” That'll do. “Need camplies that doesn't iron cook in fire-camp.”

I sure hope Ludwig is alright… Karen shook her head and huffed. He'll be fine. He has to be! Maybe I should be more concerned about Jackie; she didn't seem like herself…

“Hey, Karrie! Wait up!”

Karen paused and turned to see Karen D. approaching her. She asked if she was okay. Karen D. even commented on Ludwig. For a moment, Karen's chest felt tight.

“So… are you two a thing?”

“Achpft!” Karen went rigged and her face flushed. From embarrassment. Horror. Confusion. Her mind raced yet it froze. She didn't even make out whatever else Karen D. had said. “Nein, nein, nein! Ludwig's my brozer!”
DSY

Post by DSY »

Classroom - Job

"Very well," Job says stepping closer to Robert, "if here shall suffice I will be perfectly blunt."

Where she was standing now was not close to Robert per-say. She was still within the terms of personal space.

But she was close enough to convey that what she was saying was not meant for others ears.

Job looks dead into Roberts eyes. Her own serious but still somehow lax looking.

While still shorter than him she stood in such a way that she almost looked taller than Robert. Her usual back straighter than normal and her feet firm on the ground.

"In reguards to yesterday, concerning the conversation you had with Miss Jacqueline. I still strongly believe you were out of line."

"I do not wish to cause trouble, and I do not wish for others to have trouble caused to them. I do not know the full extent of your relationship aside from being siblings. And in truth, I have no place to even ask this of you. But I will all the same, please be nicer to Miss Jacqueline. Her cowering should not be the result of your conversation no matter the circumstance. I will happily do anything in my power to aid in mending this relationship, and I whole heatedly ask of you to please reconsider your stance with your sister."

With this Job bows to Robert, her peace spoken.

"And, I truly wish for us to put this behind us and get along. Thank you for your time, Mr. Robert."

-------------------------------------

Classroom - Lia

A voice.

"Uh, hey! You said somethin bout help'n us out?"

Lia's voice. Sheepishly and nervously directed at Kyouji.

"I was wondern if maybe ya could give me a hand too Mr.....Not a Pirate." Lia says rubbing her head.

"I mean, if that's okay with ya! I don't mean ta be a burden or nothin!"
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Classroom

Camping? The great outdoors? Opal was actually pretty excited about that - after all, that meant new and exciting ways to cook new food!

Opal couldn't help but overhear Kyouji's offer of helping out for getting supplies, though - that would be pretty useful. So, she went and approached Kyouji and the small group of people that were approaching him.

"Hi there Kyouji! I... heard that you're helping out people get supplies? That would be super nice, if you could help me too~ And, hey, maybe you could even give me some inspiration for new food items to try to cook!"

"O-Oh right!"

She turned to the other two girls.

"I don't think I've introduced myself! My name is Opal~ Nice to meet you!"

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Classroom

Kyouji was sadly not a mind-reader, so he had to intuit what Violet was asking for based on what seemed likely. His first thought was that she wanted cooking supplies that would allow her to shoot fire like some kind of magical superhero, but that seemed somewhat unlikely. His second guess seemed comparatively more realistic, so he went with that, even though the first one would have probably led to an extremely fascinating discussion.

"So you need camping supplies to help prepare for cooking, and specifically cast-iron cookware because that's what people usually prepare for camping trips. Is that right? Oh! Um, did you need help learning how to cook that way, or supplies, or both?"

When Lia had shown up, Kyouji quickly turned to greet her. "Sure! Oh, but my name isn't Notta Pyrat, it's Kyouji Kamishiro!"

Oh, and there was Opal now! Her offer was actually well-timed.

"It sounds like we should all go to the supply store then! I'm not sure where it is, but... Okay, here we go..." Kyouji took out one of the Shelvington brochures that he had received. It contained a map of the premises.

"Alright, it's pretty close by! I've never been there, but it should be fun to see what they have, right? Let's go!" Kyouji said, as he started to head off to the store.

Kyouji has joined the party! ... It's presumably Violet's party even if he did just head off ahead.
Spoiler : OOC :
I was going to wait to confirm this, but I felt like in an RP format it would be kind of redundant. So basically take this as confirmation that Kyouji is heading to go buy supplies so I don't have to do a post where he asks, and then another one after to confirm that he headed off.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Classroom-Paolo:

"I'm so glad everyone is ok."

It had been quite the stressful morning for Paolo, luckily it was just that.

He wanted to talk to Jackie, he was worried about her, after he finished cleaning he saw Jackie leave the classroom, something about her was... not right, he was going to follow her, but as the good friend he was, he didn't want to hurt Jackie by implying something was wrong about her, maybe she decided to try another style! Paolo thought.

Therefore Paolo decided to ask Jackie's brother, who was with the sleepy Panda Girl Job also known as "Jobby."

"Hola! Jobby, haven't seen you since yesterday. Was the Costume party fun?" Paolo said to her friend.
"And you must Robert! You are Jackie's brother, how are you? Jackie has told me a lot about you." Which was a lie of course, but Paolo wanted for him to feel safe, like they already knew each other, he was sure that since he was Jackie's brother he had to be friendly!

Nurse Office-Boo:

"I am so glad that everyone is ok."

Embarrassment, was a sentiment familiar to Boo, just the day she arrived to school she had already injured another person.

I am just a brat with fancy technology, a dumb giant giraffe with giant teeth.

She stood up, she was perfectly fine, the Medium-Boo had been designed for total protection of the user, so Boo was fine, at least physically.
Two more people had been took to the Nurse's Office, a boy and a girl, who Boo didn't knew.

The boy had entered the bathroom, he had left the door open, Boo decided to check on him to see if he was fine.

"Nurse! Nurse! Please someone come help him!"

Boo saw blood all over the boy, she took him by the shoulders and started unconsciously shaking him.

"I am sorry, I am so sorry, this was not truly my intention." Boo started crying fountains from her eyes, she couldn't stop apologizing.
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

Classroom

“Nein, nein, nein! Ludwig's my brozer!”

KAREN YOU STUPID B@#$%!

Karen’s mouth fell open in embarrassment, in part because she had just insinuated that her new friend was in a relationship with her brother and also because one of her only friends here was the sister of Karen’s gorgeous crush.

This is just a disaster. I hate this school. I want to go home. I need a drink.

Once Karen was done with her overreaction, she managed to compose herself. It was at this time that she used her social butterfly powers to muster up the greatest response she could to this staggering revelation.

“Oh.”

Okay, maybe that wasn’t the best response. Thankfully, Karen still had the awareness to attempt to backtrack a little bit more.

“I mean, I’m so sorry! I didn't mean it like that! It just seemed like he really cared about you. Which makes sense now. But, I’m sure he’ll be fine! And we’ve this whole camping thing to look forward to.”

Karen could sense this was going to be a long day. At least she would get to go shopping.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
DSY

Post by DSY »

Classroom - Job

Job was never the most in touch with her surroundings.

She didn't have tunnel vision or anything like that but she always seemed to bump into people or hit her foot on something, or not notice a door is locked until she tried to open it 5 or 6 times.

This problem goes even further when she concentrates.

At this moment, Job was staring down Robert with an intensity not often felt by people who talk to Job.

A fierceness unlike that she normally exudes.

But to Job, its not a matter of hostility, but respect. And to Job, at the moment, Robert was the only thing that existed. And would be until their business was concluded.

So upon hearing someone else's voice, Job didn't even know who was speaking. She didn't know what was being said.
But her brain knew someone was interrupting.

Job turns to the now speaking Paolo, eyes looking right into his and face as serious as ever.

"Excuse me sir." Job speaks, dead serious, "Right now the two of us are speaking of private matters. Please wait until we are finished."

------------------------------

Classroom - Lia

Seeing Kyouji run off, Lia bolts after him.

Last time she went dashing off alone she met a tree head on, and Lia was not keen to make friends with plant life the same way again.

Not without a helmet and a bad day anyway.

"Ah! Hey! Wait up!" Lia yells to Kyouji, running after him.

"You guys better step on it! This guy's fast!" Lia calls over her shoulder.