Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DSY
Spoken languages: English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Post by DSY »

Shelvington Mega Mall/Behind Kyouji - Lia

Despite running after Kyouji first...ish..Lia soon found more than just the red haired boy in her line of sight but soon everyone else too.

As she kept pushing herself to move faster and faster she became more and more tiered.

Until she finally caught up with everyone else, covered in a sweaty mess.

At some point having removed her scarf and jacket, tying both around her waist.

Her goggles had fallen from her head, now dangling around her neck, and her already less than neat hair was a complete mess.

The air conditioning of the store hit Lia like an ice berg. Her now exposed arms, and sweaty neck spiked up feeling the cold air on them.

Goosebumps sprung forth in an instant, and her whole body felt cold. Except her heart, which was beating so fast it felt like it was about to burst out her throat.

Lia slumps over to the group that passed her by, her face red with embarrassment.

Dang..I thought I had way better stamina than that! I guess I'm kinda out of practice.

That was a good excuse right? She could pardon herself with such thoughts, couldn't she?

Such things were not really her concern right now. Who has time to beat yourself up with you're dying of thirst?

Lia reached out to Violet, trying to grab her shoulder from behind.

"*Huff* *huff* H-hey...I...*oof* made it....Can...some 'un....some un get me an orange juice?"
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Classroom - Isabelle:

What a class! A giantish robot fell through the ceiling and a giant pink thing stopped the ceiling from mostly hitting the class. What happened? And what was the lecture about again? At least I got a piece of work done.

Then came the camping announcement. What is camping? It sounds like fun. Do I have camping stuff? Where is the mall? As all this was being thought, Isabelle started to walk towards the door. She noticed a small group of people. One of them she recognised from the costume party. What was her name? Right, Karen. She walked over to them. “Hi. Do any of yall know where th’ shoppin mall is?”

---------------------------------------------
Thomas’s Ink and What is Camping:

When the flying thing crashed through the ceiling, Thomas had no time to comprehend anything. Firstly because he was too busy staring at the thing with vision fading in and out. And secondly because of a pink airbag.

When things had calmed down, the vial of ink was smashed into pieces leaving ink all around the desk and on his shoes. Lenore had flown under Flo’s desk and looked at him strangely. Thomas felt his head. To his dismay, he felt a fuzzy helmet. He took it off only to discover a unicorn. “Grrrrkkkkk.”

Class was spent cleaning up and muttering about the ink. Lenore flew around until the lecture started, she landed on the Thomas’s notebook and spent the class staring at most other people in the classroom.

After class, Thomas neatly packed up everything. He almost missed Flo talking about being excited for camping. “Madam Flo, I am not very excited for this thing called camping. I do however, wish to explore this thing called a mall. I was wondering if you know about this, if they sell bottles of ink, and how to get there? It might be nice to not go alone, if possible.”
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Classroom-Paolo:

Wow he definitely isn't... the friendly type. Paolo thought.

He knew the type of person that Robert was, the typical white rich kid whose family has been rich since the start of times, so out of touch with the world that was almost an alien to it, which for Paolo completed the picture of Jackie, the rebellious punk teen, which begged the question, what happened yesterday for Jackie to be in this state? he knew that he needed to see her, to see Jackie.
Toxic relationships were something that Paolo knew to well and if his friend was in one, he wouldn't let her down, he wouldn't let anyone down!

"Oh, Mr. Paolo." Job said bowing to him, "I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you. Good morning."

How could she not recognize me? Is not like I had surgery or something, she truly reminds me of my brother, they are just as blunt and dense.

"Hello Jobby, I see that you are just as worried for Jackie as me... so let's both go cheer her up!"
When I was dragging Isis to the classroom I could feel her suffer trying to maintain my running rhythm, maybe I should...
Paolo started running, at this point running was like walking to him, Job was surprisingly light.
It didn't take long for him to encounter Jackie who was with the princess Elibazeth whose butler had a really nice mini refrigerator with desserts.
Is everything ok?
Paolo looked like an anime protagonist, it was incredible how much he had changed in 4 days, but that's life, one day you are a John Doe and the other you are hot.
"Elibazeth isn't the only one worried for you, Jackie, so please let us talk to you too!"

Apologies for everyone-Boo:

I'm truly an idiot.

Boo definitely had hit her lowest point in her life, everything she seemed to do was hurting everyone, she couldn't even apologize without hurting the person, she felt like a failure.
"I'm sorry... I suck." The tone of her voice was really somber, the contrast with the pink in her and the mood. "I wish I could restart everything I done here." She told the bleeding boy that was next to him.
"I wish, I wish I had gotten hurt in the robot instead of you."
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Shelvington Mega Mall – Violet

Violet's poor heart was hammering in her chest from Kyouji's words. What a sweetheart. And it seemed Opal was a culinary enthusiast as well.

“I have a good feeling about you!” Violet said in Opal's direction. She could get used to positivity like Kyouji and Opal's. Wait, wasn't there a fourth person in our group? “Where'd Lia g—?” A cold, clammy hand landed on Violet's shoulder. “EEK!” She jumped and whirled on her heel to come face-to-face with Lia. “Oh hey Li-uh…” Violet looked her up and down. “Are you okay?”

Nurse's Office – Ludwig

“I wish I had gotten hurt in the robot instead of you.”

“Tch! Of all the disgusting things to say,” Ludwig growled, his glare growing more intense as his blood boiled hotter than before. “Do you think victims of accidents ask to get hurt?” he took a step in Boo's direction. “Do you think people wish to be put into harm's way?!” Another step. “Don't you dare go undermining the injuries of others by asking for them yourself! Because if you really want injuries, I could give you a few!”

Classroom – Karen

Karen turned bright red at Karen D. calling her “bestie.” She smiled and giggled, unable to tell if it was from embarrassment or anxiety.

“Ah, erm, vell… I don't know about zat,” she murmured under her breath. Karen shuffled her feet, unsure of how to leave Karen D. and Jazmine without coming off the wrong way. “If jou two need to be alone, I can—”

“Hi. Do any of yall know where th’ shoppin mall is?” Isabelle came over with unusually good timing. In Karen's opinion at least.

“Isabelle, hey!” Karen chirped while taking a baby step in Isabelle's direction. “Jou don't know vhere zee mall is? Neizer do ve!” Karen declared, motioning to Jazmine and Karen D. as she spoke. “Here's an idea, how about Isabelle and I figure out vhere zee mall is vhile jou two have jour…bonding moment?” Karen dug out of her backpack a pencil and paper scrap. “I'll give jou my number so zee four of us can catch up later!” Karen scribbled on the paper then hastily shoved it into Jazmine's hands. “Zere!”

Karen then motioned to Isabelle as she started towards the door.

“Come on! Zere's no time to lose!”
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

At the Cave Store

"Well, just let me know if you need anything."

Kris looked over the group. They seemed a bit disastrous, but that was just part of life, wasn't it? Better than being normal, at least. Though that didn't exactly help them realize what the group actually needed. Maybe he was supposed to make some kind of recommendation?

Before Kris could ponder that any further, another student showed up. ... It was a rude thought to have about a customer, but Kris got the distinct impression that she was the type to prefer dark places over sunlight. They shook their head. No, it was really bad to judge someone like that. For all Kris knew, this newcomer was actually the most socially active and sporty person in history.

"Hey there. Need help finding something?"

Of course, while Kris had no idea who Isis was, Kyouji... Had slightly less of an incomplete understanding? Did that sentence even make sense? Oh well, he recognized her from somewhere, though it didn't seem like they had ever directly interacted. That was going to change now.

"Hi, are you shopping too? We're doing that too, if you want to join us we'd love to have you join! Oh, my name's Kyouji, by the way. It's super nice to meet you!" Kyouji said, waving at Isis with way more vigor than a simple wave warranted.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Cave Shop:

Isis slowly entered the cave-- It was actually a store, it turns out, with clothes and backpacks hanging from the ceiling like stalactites.

What kind of shop is this? Isis wondered, looking over the merchandise; what looked like smaller, cloth-houses supported by beams. Mini yatchs with only one seat, and a big spoon with it. Big, fluffy looking bags that looked like you could fit inside. Isis had no idea what any of these things were.

As she entered another androgynous butler approached her. Isis perked up a bit-- In spite of her emotional state, she was still hopelessly gay enough to appreciate a pretty face. Were pretty butlers just a thing on this island? Not that she was complaining. Technically she was one too. Should she cut her hair too--

"Uh... I..." Isis wasn't sure what to say. Did they even sell music players or flannel here? "I'm just... looking for some clothes. I wanna get out of this stupid suit."

It came to her attention that the butler was also wearing a similar suit and reddened from embarrasment. "I MEAN! IT LOOKS GOOD ON YOU, THOUGH"

Unfortunately, she wasn't the only one in this cave-- Quickly yet another boy rushed up to her. Dressed like a pirate, he talked so fast Isis could barely parse what he was saying-- And over his shoulder, to her infinite sadness, were more people.

One was a timid looking blonde girl with long, flowing hair-- The other an orange haired girl with twin tails and lastly, a sweaty looking girl who wore goggles, like a pilot or something? She was a pilot now.

Isis wasn't sure how to react, so she went with tried and true: aggression.

"B-back off, cosplayer!" Isis said, stepping back, like a cat baring its teeth, "I just came here for some peace and quiet!! I'm... dealing with some stuff."

She briefly looked away, gripping her arm. But quickly she looked back at Kyouji and his girl gang.

"What's this store selling anyways? This just where you and your harem like to hang?"
GuardianDreamer

Cave Store-y

Kris had long since gotten used to having to deal with indecisive customers who couldn't pick out what they wanted to buy. They had also long since gotten used to customers who made numerous social slip-ups. That was fine. All stuff that Kris could manage. What Kris was not used to, however, was the strange look that Isis gave everything in the store, like she was picking up an unknowable relic in order to determine its worth. Isis' next words confirmed it. Oh dear. This was awkward.

"This is where you go for camping gear. If you're looking for clothes... Well, I'm a bit biased. But if you want, why don't you go for the beret look too? I'm not sure if you'd want one exactly like mine, though... I don't sell berets, by the way, but I've got a few extras I never wore because the color didn't match me. ... Wait, we're getting off-topic, aren't we? Shouldn't you be planning for that camping trip too if it's a school-sponsored event?" Kris did everything feasible in order to accommodate Isis in her quest to be a gay disaster.

And how was Kyouji going to respond to Isis' words? Kris had completely missed what Isis had said to Kyouji due to needing to decide how to respond to Isis' strange question about what store she had walked into.

Well, first of all, he had tilted his head in confusion to the 'cosplayer' remark, his cowlick even taking on life again to form a question mark. There was a brief, awkward moment when Isis mentioned Kyouji's 'harem'.

How would Kyouji Kamishiro respond to this...?

"Hm, a harem...? That's kind of like... Oh, I know! It's a really complicated term, don't you think? I don't think it fits, though! Let's see... That originally has Arabic origins, right? So it's kind of like I'm really not super comfortable dissecting it, because I don't have that background! But there's other parts I can comment on! A lot of people have taken that term for other stuff, right? And that term, removed from the original context... It's kind of weird, right? Because now there's a lot of really Orientalist ideas about what a harem should be, and that just makes it really uncomfortable, don't you think? And in Japan, it's kind of been taken to refer to a lot of fictional relationships, but that's not really the best either, right? Because you're taking this word and using it to mean something else! So now I don't know if it's good to use it or not because I don't feel like I'm the best person to ask!" Kyouji said. Where was this all coming from?

He continued.

"I think a lot of people exploring relationships is really great! But I don't really like the idea that this version of the term has taken on, because it makes it sound like relationships revolve around only one person and everyone else is a bonus. But that's not true at all! I think that what a lot of people actually mean is stuff like open relationships, which places people at way more even footing! And that's super! But I think that there's this uncomfortable power dynamic that people imagine when they think of open relationships, because they think everyone is being dishonest with each other, but they're actually being super open and emotional! So anyway, that's why I think what words we pick are really important!" Kyouji said.

He then jumped up and down really quickly. "Oh, I haven't talked like that in a while! It's super nice to meet you! Thanks for listening to all of that! I'm so excited to be friends!"

Kris blinked. He was a bit taken aback by the sudden... Everything. Kyouji hadn't seemed the type. Oh well, people were complicated. Truly she had underestimated Kyouji's LGBTQ+ energy.

"... So are you all going to buy anything?"
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Cave-over Central:

Isis could feel her eyes slowly drift apart, unblinking, with every word the boy spoke, her mind barely processing the storm of words as the world seemed to spin around her. oh god was she dissociating again. what was he saying? what was this?? she'd made a snide remark and unwittingly opened the gates of god, drowning her foolish hubris in this maelstrom of words, rending her already poorly functioning mind into a fine oatmeal. Was he talking about himself? Were these four actually a relationship? was he advocating joining one? who would she even --

As Kyouji finished, Isis's brain slowly caught up with reality, and she snapped back into focus, feeling like she'd just been transported to the fifth dimension.

"I-- We're not friends!" Isis said, pulling away from the treasure hunter like he was covered in garbage, or alternatively, a poor person. "And I..."

She glanced at the very pretty butler, and the hat adorning their head. She imagined herself sporting something like that-- Isis had never been much for fashion, but when it came from them, somehow the idea seemed pretty appealing.

"...I... I mean, if you've got a spare or something... I might try it on..." Isis said, digging into the floor with her toe bashfully.

The rest of Kris's words suddenly caught up to her head. "Wait, C-Camping trip? What the hell is that? What do you... DO with all this stuff?"

Isis waved her arms at the assortment of supplies everywhere.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Classroom

Robert clicked his tongue. "Of course, a young woman wearing a panda hat thinks herself fit to give advice on the concept of 'normal'. The Pemberly family is not concerned about being 'normal', but being 'perfect'. I suppose expecting lower ranks to understand the importance of that was setting my expectations too high for my own good. I will make sure to reevaluate my stance on-"

Robert realized that Job wasn't even there anymore and that he was speaking to nobody.

"....Tch. Rude."

Adjusting his collar, Robert thought about what to do next. "Camping. I suppose I will have to find something more fit for the environment...I cannot imagine the grime that might ruin such a fine uniform in that...filth."

"...What is one supposed to wear when...camping...?"

Robert left for the mall, unsure of where to actually go when he got there.

----

Parking Lot

Tammy stuck her tongue out at Gwen and blew a raspberry apathetically.

"What? Pbbbbbt. I can't. Pbbbt. Understand. Pbbbbt. Your accent. Pbbbbbbbbbt."

From within the bus, behind Tammy, Johnny's voice could be heard. "Ha! I get that refere-OW, DON'T HIT ME, SID YOU ASSHOLE!" Followed by the sound of a scuffle and things breaking.

"Anything else you wanna spout, or do you got someone to flash for cash somewhere, Barbie?" Tammy said, resting her head against the windowsill. "Pbbbbbbbt."

----

Nurse's Office

Upon hearing his threat, Nurse Wulfe, appearing from seemingly nowhere, slammed her hand into the nearest wall and loudly scraped her fingernails across it as she shot Ludwig an intense, hell-blazed glare.

"If you even think of hurting anyone today I will deck you so hard you'll exit the solar system."

She returned to paperwork, still with the intense aura and the strained, demonic expression.

----

Outside the Classroom

God. Damn. It.

Jackie's brilliant plan of curling up in a ball and trying desperately to disassociate was, unexpectedly, a failure. Probably. She wasn't actually sure what her plan was. But Isis walked away feeling like crap and that made Jackie feel like crap, and now Paolo and Panda-Head of all people were here? Which therefore meant there were more people present to see her melting down. Which meant not only did Jackie having no idea what she was doing make things worse for other people, but also for herself. And she knew she wasn't fit enough to outrun Paolo if she tried at this point.

This was basically the worst outcome possible and, frankly, she probably should have seen it coming.

"Briiiiiiing."

Jackie was unmoving at first when Elibazeth started...playing along. And acting concerned. Jackie sat still for a moment longer, before slowly sitting up, crossing her legs, and looking to the floor. She mirrored Lib's hand-phone.

"U-Um," she started. "B-Bring...bring...S-Sorry I, uh, missed your call. B-But I wanted to let you know I'm doing...fine. Everything's okay, and I'm happy. Uh..."

She slowly lowered her hand to the grand. She looked...despondent.

"Please don't worry about me..."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DSY

Post by DSY »

Mall - Lia

"M-me?" Lia pants, "I'm...f..fine."

After finally catching up to the group Lia takes a long...long moment to catch her breath.

Her ears ring, and her vision goes blurry, but after a little while she finally snaps back into it.

Now feeling the especially cold air, she brushes her jacket back onto her shoulders, and stuffs her scarf into her pocket.

Fixing her goggles and panting a little more, Lia looks to the, Kris person.

"Ya guys got any thin ta drink?"

-------------------------------

Outside the Classroom - Job

Her conversation finished, Job had assumed it only polite to wait for Mr. Paolo to have his word before speaking next.

Unfortunately for her however, it seemed that Paolo had other plans. Plans that involved carrying Job somewhere else.

All of a sudden, Job was swept up off her feet and carried away. The action happening so quickly Job couldn't even protest, she just held onto Paolo so as to not be thrown off of him, until he had finally stopped.

"Ah! What are you doing!" Seemed to spring from Job's mouth. An abnormal amount of emotion bursting from her. And a little late too, as the trip was already over, perhaps it was a delayed reaction?

"I will thank you to not do that again, Mr. Paolo." Job says, frowning at Paolo, "I have two legs and they are both operational."

Stepping off of Paolo and straightening out her clothes, Job's unhappy frown reverts back to it's usual, standard, expression.

"I'm certain you meant no ill will with that gesture, but I do not much appreciate being carried around."

Scolding concluded, Job begins to take note of her actual surroundings, seeing her roommate looking down to a person balled up on the floor. The person in question, seemed to be Miss Jacqueline, and the two of them seemed amid conversation.

A conversation that Paolo also chimed in on.

"That said," Job begins, looking down to Jackie, "You..do not appear alright miss."

Job extends a hand to Jackie, "I do not wish to be rude and intrude on your conversation, but I too wish to help in some small way, please, let me help you up."
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Classroom - Flo and Jazmine:

"I have no problems with this arrangement." Jazmine pulled out her phone and entered Karen F's contact information before searching for an electronic map of the school. She pulled another piece of paper from somewhere and started scrawling something down.

On the other end of the room, Flo was busy packing up the last of her things. "Oh, a mall? You've been to a store, right? A mall is just like, a bunch of different tiny stores all side-by-side! I think that's the best way to describe it, anyways. I uh... haven't been to too many myself, so I don't know a whole ton about it. Though given this place, I'd bet there's a whole store carrying nothing BUT ink!" Flo gave Thomas a lighthearted laugh before noticing another figure walking over.

"Hey Flo." It was Jazmine. "I'm leaving and I don't know when I'll be back. I'm trusting you to do my shopping for me. Don't make me regret this." She left a blue debit card and a note containing neatly-written and detailed instructions on how to get to the MegaMall.

"Aww, c'mon, Jazz! I know what I'm doing! I'm not that dumb!"

"Not most of the time, anyways." Jazmine teased with a smirk before turning around to leave.

"Wait, Jazz! One more thing!" The bespectacled young woman only turned her head around to look back at Flo. "...C-Can I copy your notes later?" Flo looked up at her with a sheepish grin.

Jazmine scoffed. "...Fine. Alright, Karen. Let's go." Jazmine walked out of the room without waiting for her, but walked slowly so as to give ample time for her to catch up. She was busy with her map again, finding the best route to the Kitchens.

"Hey Thomas. I think we should get going too. C'mon! It'll be fun!" Flo got up from her seat, pocketed the card and directions in her apron, and overheard Robert talking cluelessly about how to prepare for the event. "Oh hey! Robert, right? I couldn't help but overhear you and I was wondering if you wanted to tag along with me and Thomas! O-Oh! I'm Flo, by the way! Flo Hemming! You introduced yourself earlier, so I figure I should probably do the same, right? Nice to meet you!"

Parking Lot - Gwendalyn:

Gwendalyn closed her eyes as Tammy gave her... rather non-sequitur response. She felt droplets of spittle hit her forehead... probably laced with tobacco, too. Gross. She wiped a single finger across her forehead, then quickly rubbed her hands together, hoping the friction would be able to kill any leftover Tammy remaining on her hands.

"Uh-huh. Okay. I'm getting a better feel for the dynamic now. Anyways. Just thought you guys would like to know Jackie's struggling right now. If she makes it out of this and you guys keep going, then good! I'll be glad for you!" Mostly because that would mean the Pemberlys lost and the school would still be standing. "If not, well. Don't say I didn't tell you about it ahead of time~! Stay Shiny for me, 'kay~? Now... where was I?" She consulted her map once more and started moving toward the Graphics Department.

"Hiiii~! You wouldn't happen to have a copy machine I can borrow, would you~? Or, like, a color scanner? Thaaaaanks~!"
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

Hallway

Karen followed Jazmine down the hallway, ready to start oversharing to another new friend. She’d only met Jazmine a few moments ago, but there was no time like the present to start divulging one’s secrets. With that thought in mind, Karen began her machine gun-like barrage of words, oblivious once again to the fact that other people might not be particularly interested in what she had to say. To Karen Dzielny, it was her world. Everyone else was just living in it.

“Hey, thanks for getting me out of there! I think I accidentally made it awkward with the other Karen, and I would hate for her to think I’m weird or creepy. Which, if you think about it, I suppose you could be forgiven for thinking. Basically, what happened is I tried to see if she was dating this cute guy. Little did I know, she is actually his sister. So, not only did I suggest that they’re in some kind of, like, incestual relationship, I think I also told her I thought her brother was cute. See how that could be considered, like, a tiny bit awkward?”

Karen took a breath.

“Yikes. That was a lot about me. So, you’re Jazmine, and I guess you go here too. If you don’t mind me asking, where are we going and why do you want me to come along? Not that I’m opposed, or anything! I love meeting new people!”

Karen caught her breath again and gave Jazmine a big, dumb smile.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
GuardianDreamer

The Cave Store Where You Buy Camping Supplies

Kyouji, not realizing that he temporarily destroyed Isis' mind, continued merrily smiling at her, taking her wide-eyed stare as a good sign of some kind. They were going to be such great friends!

Kris briefly considered Isis' words about the camping trip. To be honest, they didn't know much about it either, but it felt strange for Isis not to. Maybe it was only some students? Kris was stopped from pondering this further by looking at Lia, who seemed about ready to fall over from exhaustion. They had heard something about a lot of students needing to go to the nurse's office, so in the interests of not adding to that count, they quickly went to the back room. While they were at it, they could fulfill Isis' request too.

Meanwhile, it was time for Kyouji to explain things!

"Oh, you don't know? The camping trip got announced! I think it's only for today, though. Anyway, we go out into the wilderness, and live off the land! We can sing songs around the campfire, share stories, and play rock-paper-scissors to decide our night watch shifts! It's super exciting!" Kyouji said, raising his hands triumphantly.

Kris arrived shortly after that, one hand holding a few berets, the other holding a glass of water. They had been extremely fast.

"Here. I'm not charging you for this, just um... Take it easy, okay? You need to take care of yourself as best as you can." Kris gently said, handing the glass of water carefully to Lia.

They then turned towards Isis, presenting a few different-colored berets to her.

"What do you think? Any of them strike your fancy?"
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Is Kris a butler who happens to be working as a clerk, or a clerk who happens to be a butler:

Isis's eyes narrow and she frowns as Kyouji's words bounce against her head like hailstones off a rooftop. Was she still dissociating or was she just too dumb and sheltered to understand the concepts? Kyouji might have underestimated how horribly disconnected from society Isis was.

"You lost me." She said flatly. Instead of trying to get a vague picture from Patchy the Pirate, she turned to one of the displays, grabbing the tent with her grubby little hands and tugging on the cloth. "Like. What do you do with this? Is it some kind of... Soft... house?"

At that point, Kris returned with a glass of water for the pink-haired idol girl, and a selection of berets for Isis. She blinked at the offer-- She'd never been much of a fashionista; that was one of her brothers' territory, but... She was feeling one of them.

She glanced at one, a black beret with a patch on it bearing a dagger-- Perfect.

Isis reached out, but not wanting to seem too eager, pulled her hand back and merely pointed at the hat, looking a bit bashful.

"Uh... Th-that one looks nice... How much?"
GuardianDreamer

Cave

"Oh, that's a tent! You're supposed to take it with you as shelter that you can carry around and set up while you're in the outdoors! They're very great to have!" Kyouji said, still vastly overestimating Isis' knowledge of camping. While he was at it, he took a closer look at the tents himself. He was already prepared with his own supplies, but he wanted to see what the tents were like, maybe the others would ask for advice.

But after Kris came back, it seemed like Isis' attention was elsewhere. Particularly on a specific beret. Kris simply nodded, and gently helped Isis put the beret on. They took a couple of steps back, and nodded.

"There. It suits you. ... These berets are my own property, not the store's, so I don't think I can actually charge you for them. Just take it. It's better than having it lie around unused. Just promise you'll take good care of it. Now... About the camping trip. Were you looking for supplies?"
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here