Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): Costume Party

Post by DLA »

Hotel Dusk: Room 354

"Salutations, dearie! I am Lewis Matsumoto, historian, scribe, and expert on the realm of Lystrantica! It is a pleasure to make your acquaintances, Mr. Thomas and Ms. Lenore!" Lewis bowed, then tipped his hat. "Indeed, it appears we shall be sharing a dormitory while attending this establishment, if this is Dormitory Number 354 as I believe it is!" He nodded several times, watching the bird with interest.

"I apologize for any distress my non-arrival may have caused, as I was under the impression that lessons were ongoing upon arriving, while the fact of the matter was quite the opposite! In addition, a fellow acquaintance experienced a similar predicament to my own in lacking knowledge on the location of their room! In any case, I hope not to cause further such distress in the future!"

Lewis picked up his many bags from the floor again, and stepped through the doorway with his luggage still rattling. "I have brought with me many of my belongings, essential in circumstances requiring travel, which, while infrequent, I find myself in at the moment! A vast amount of literature, as well as other necessities for consumption of the wondrous elixir known as tea, and various miscellanies! Might you inform me of what location might prove most comfortable for yourself in which for me to place my belongings? I do not wish to impose upon any arrangements which you have already made!" He set down his bags in an empty spot for the moment. "Dearie me! My apologies if I have digressed!"
The Final but not so ending chapter.
DSY
Spoken languages: English

Post by DSY »

Outside the Gym

Job shrugs.

She didn't feel she needed any sort of assistance in handing a plush bear to another girl but the task had somehow attracted two other students eager to aid in the simple act.

"I don't believe we require assistance." Job says to the two new students, looking over the dazed girl.

From her posture, Job didn't believe she could place the bear anywhere on the girl's body it wouldn't simply fall down again.

So she simply set the bear on the girl's head.

"I suppose that will suffice, for now." Job says casually.

With that task complete she looks back to the new students only to realize how oddly dressed they were.

"Um... correct me if I'm wrong miss." Job says to Nina, seeming to not recognize her at all. "But are you wearing a suit of armor?"

---------------------------------------------------

Inside Gym

At some point.... somehow, Lia has fallen asleep in one of the rooms corners.

Poor Lia.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
hershel_layton
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by hershel_layton »

Gymnasium

Now, Annah wouldn't really say she was a MASTER of anything, per-se. Or even, really, say that she was skillful at anything. But it was becoming apparent to her that she had some sort of underlying talent for finding herself amongst groups of people. Which was... Exactly the one place on Earth that she did not want to be right then. Or ever, for that matter.

Someone had picked up the bear Annah had dropped, and she reached out for it with shaking hands. It fell off her head into them. "I- I- I...." And then there were more people, someone even RUNNING towards her and looking very out-of-breath. In response to Nina's question, Annah bit her lip, swallowed, and... Stared straight at the floor again. "I'm- I'm- I'm-!" Deep breath.

"I'm an, uh... The blush!" ...Is sort of how it came out sounding, at least. 'The blush' was right, at least, as Annah turned bright red and hid her face in her hands, the bear held between her elbows. Her voice came out slowly from behind her palms. "It's A- Annaaaah... Annaaaaah..." ...Well, this was going smoothly.
100% Certified Dersh
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Gymnasium

Opal decided to back off slightly, giving the girl some breathing room.

"W-Woah. Um... Maybe we should give her a little bit of space. There... Could be too many of us here right now, I guess...?"

"But... I guess since I'm here anyways... The name's Opal! Nice to meet you~"

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Let's get the quick one out of the way - Flo:

"Alright, then! I'll warn you now, though: I'm pretty good!" Flo exclaimed cheerily as she started making her way back to where the air hockey tables were. She had to keep mentally reminding herself that Matthew was intent to follow her, so as not to dash ahead. In truth, she had just based her claim of being "good" off the fact that she had won against Jazz the last few times they played each other. That counted for something, right?

The big one - Gwendalyn:

Gwendalyn kept tightening her grip on poor Paolo's wrists. While she was under the impression that in this position, she could completely overpower him, she supposed there was nothing keeping him from being silent. All she could do was pack on the pain until she legitimately hurt the guy, and that wasn't going to be any good. So she didn't. She just... let go.

"You know what? Screw it. I'll have it looked into later. As for you, I don't want you ever uttering my real name again. Don't worry about the whys or the why nots. Just do as you're told, or so help me, I'll make you regret the day you were born. It's not Gwen. It's UV. You got that?" Gwen's tone was commanding and venomous, like the shining star in her heart suddenly became a black hole. No. That was inaccurate.

The shining star in her heart went nova a long time ago.

"Oh. Not just that. You don't tell anyone what happened back here. You don't tell anyone you saw me act like this. And you certainly don't tell anyone you had the nerve to kiss me! Otherwise... you know what'll happen..."

Silence.

"...Actually. You probably don't, do you? That's part of the fun! You don't know for certain what'll happen when I catch you stepping out of line! And trust me. If you do, I'll find out. I always do. So for the sake of both of us, be a good boy... okay~?" Just as suddenly as her evil side had come out, she had put it away in favor of her spunky facade. It was amazing how easily she could switch between her two personas.

"In fact! If you're extra good, you might get a few rewards~! Doesn't that sound nice? Anyways, I have other places to be, so be a good boy for me, okay? Stay Shiny~!" Like she had done nothing wrong, UV Brite sashayed away from the scene, leaving Paolo there alone. Like she said, she had places to be, and the next place was her own dorm room. She took the stairs as quickly as she could, and when she reached her room, noted a second sign beneath her own.

NINA VALENTINE

"Hmm. Wonder who that is. Oh well~!" She daintily knocked on the door a number of times, per her own sign's instruction, and hearing no response, went inside. There, she rushed over to her veritable pile of bags, and fished out a big pink one that looked like if it had one more item in it, it would burst. She slowly opened the bag, fearing the flood of stuff that was about to come of it. Upon a cursory glance, none of the items inside seemed to have any correlation. Candies, stuffed animals, various children's toys, and lots else seemed to fill up the bag. However, a lot of the items seemed to have notes attached to them in some shape or form, and it became apparent that all of these items were presents her fans had given her whenever she did a live concert. She rummaged around and managed to find two nearly-identical bags of candy, gummy bears to be exact. One of them was a normal bag of gummy bears, ordinary in every way imaginable. The other had a brief letter written on it addressed to her.

Dear UV Brite,
I got you these! I hope you like them! I got you ones without sugar because sugars bad for you!
Love, Ellie, age 8

Reading the note, Gwen's smiled a little more. That Ellie girl was such a sweetheart. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like the little girl knew the rumors surrounding those sugar-free gummies. UV did, and she knew she kept them around for a reason. Gwen found two red, plastic cups somewhere, and set the two bags of gummy bears in front of them. She opened them, and sorted all of the bears by color into the two cups. The sugar-free red and green ones went into the same cup as the regular orange, yellow, and white ones, and vice versa, so both cups were rigged.

That done, she hesitated a moment... Of everything she could do, she was going through with this plan. The weird feeling in her stomach from the makeup room returned, as much as she tried to dismiss it. Could it be that she thought this plan was a little too cruel? No, that was preposterous. She had other people imprisoned before, just for being in her way. She broke up entire groups before without batting an eyelash. There was no reason to assume that was the case. Besides, she hadn't cared about other stars' well-being before. Why should she start now? Besides, it was good to have leverage over people. She shuddered at her thoughts of how far down the hole she'd be if certain people weren't kept quiet about certain things before refocusing on her trap.

As a finishing touch, she wrote a message onto the cup that was rigged with the red and green bears in black marker.

ROCK 'EM GIRL!!!

Perfect. One cup for her, and one for Jackie. Gwendalyn knew in the back of her mind there were plenty of ways this could go wrong. Although as much as she wished every scheme could be flawless, she knew it couldn't always be like that. Her trap set, she prepared herself to head to the party. Gwen started thinking to herself: The party probably hasn't been going on for too long. The performance shouldn't be for a while...

But what if you're wrong?

Gwen hesitated again. If she was wrong... there was nothing she could do if the performance had already started. In fact, the chance it had started at this point was quite low, but that didn't mean she didn't want to hurry. She grabbed the cup of gummy bears meant for herself... just in case... and bolted out the door.

As quickly as her legs would carry her, she made her way all the distance across campus towards the gymnasium, hand covering the opening on top of her cup, so its contents wouldn't spill out. As much as she could wear her heels, it was a lot easier to run in the flats she was currently wearing. She managed to get past the group near the entrance without too much trouble, just a jovial "Hi~!" as she sped past. Finally, after what felt like way too long, the fake Nurse Brite burst through the door of the Gymnasium and let out a loud holler.

"YOOOO, EVERYONE! SORRY I'M LATE! UV BRITE HAS ARRIVED!"

That young woman had to have a second pair of lungs inside her. That was loud. Like, really loud.
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Gymnasium - Karen

Karen swayed to the music of the machine as the end of the song came.

"This is my backroad song
Ooh, ooh, ooh
This is my backroad song
Ooh, ooh, ooh
Come on, come on, sing along
Ooh, ooh, ooh
To my backroad song
Ooh, ooh, ooh..."

The music faded and Karen let out a long sigh with it.

"Zat vas fun!" she cheered, pumping her hands into the air. She turned to Isabelle and opened her mouth to say something else when a voice comparable to a screeching banshee cut through the gymnasium's air. Karen whirled around to find the source of the scream and saw Gwendalyn in the doorway. "Zat's one vay to enter..."

Gymnasium - Ludwig

Darkness was an odd comfort. It was cooler than areas exposed to light. There was also the feeling that darkness was quieter as well. It was isolated as well. Even if two people were locked in a room with no light, if they neither spoke nor moved, they wouldn't be aware of each other's existence.

The line of thinking was starting to get strange. Perhaps Ludwig had spent too much of the party skulking wandering in the shadows.

"Now I wish I brought a book or something."

Ludwig's peace and quiet were so rudely interrupted by a blood-curdling shriek. He placed his hands over his ears, trying to muffle the sound and yet he still heard the words. Something about everyone and something or someone bright.

"I should've brought earplugs too..."
DSY

Post by DSY »

Outside Gym

Understanding that the girl with the teddy is in distress Job steps back from her.

"I apologize Miss Blush." She says, seeming to believe that is truly the girl's name.
------------------------------------

Inside Gym

Lia's eyes flew open at the scream.

At some point she had somehow fallen asleep in a corner of the gym, and upon noticing this she swiftly jumps to her feet, dusting herself off.

Lia scratches her pained head, as her hazy mind tries to recount how she got there but it seems all has been lost........ all of like the last 15 minutes anyway.

"Geez, I can't believe I fell asleep...." She chuckles, making a move to walk around.

First thought in her mind was to ask how things were but everywhere she checked it seemed someone was either quite busy with someone else or she simply did not want to intrude on an already formed group.

Until she happens upon a lone individual of blonde hair, dressed as a butler...

tho it seems he had grown tiered of his costume.... or it was just hotter in her than Lia had thought.

"Ummm...hi there?" Lia says walking up to Ludwig.
Spoiler : OOC :
My memory's a bit foggy on a lot that happened in shelf so if I got anything.... or a LOT of things wrong please tell me.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Somewhere in the Gym - Elibazethionage

If you see some blond chick lookin' all shifty...go check her out for me, would'ya?

Oh you can bet Elibazeth would check her out. Well, not in the way that would typically imply. Not at all. It's not like she had a thing for blondes. It just so happened that the person of interest was, coincidentally, a female with hair of a yellowish tone that just so happened to be also interested in another female with a similar, more bleached color.

Elibazeth sighed, her internal thought process was not doing a good job of rationalizing this to herself. Instead of letting her thoughts cloud her judgement, she tried, and possibly failed, to sneak around the costume party hidden right behind her giant war fan. If she were not careful (when was she, really), she'd trip over her dress as she attempted to execute a stealth roll to the next table over.

"Stealth stealth stealth. Channel your inner butler." Elibazeth chanted in a hushed whisper, as if the act would draw less attention to herself. With Paige nowhere to be seen, she was forced to do this herself. Not that sh minded, this was actually quite liberating, though a bit tiring. How did Paige do it? She was now right behind one of the food tables, peeking over a punch bowl that camouflaged her particularly well. She knew what she was looking for, but finding a girl with blonde hair in a rich people school at a costume party was like trying to find a specific strand of hay from a haystack. And the description was so vague! Blonde chick. Was her hair long? Short? Was it wavy, straight or curly? Was she tall like that one girl in this school, was she a midget, or was she the same height as her? What type of clothes does she wear? What are her measurements? Did she sound annoying, or did she have an uncharacteristically deceptive voice?

Oh, hello nurse. Perhaps she could do something about the deafness she just inflicted on everyone.

Entering the arena gym was literally a pop star. Long blonde hair, a pretty face, and a figure that most teen girls would die to have, that was UV Brite. Elibazeth could just tell from the look of her, this was the one to look out for. Who else could a punk rocker be referring to other than a pop star that literally steals the show? And stealing shows was Elibazeth's thing! Thankfully UV Brite was unfashionably late long enough for Elibazeth's grand entrance to have a lasting impression, had she arrived just seconds after the Great Demonic Summoning of Zalibadeth (real title pending), Elibazeth would be very pissed. Either way, it was just a hunch, but Elibazeth was going to go off of it. A princess must trust her gut feeling, said a very beautiful and wise woman!

Of course, she was going to have to approach her first in a totally not suspicious way.

Gymnasium - Xander unblinks

Xander blinks again, looking at Gleen with a emotionless indifference. There a few, possibly, impatient taps from his fingers, likely from an unheard debate going on within the butler himself. Gleen did just ask for the rest of his name, which was quite lengthy and inefficient to tap out in Morse code. One could view this entire exchange as a gag set-up by other people, watching a blind man and a quiet man with restrained laughs and giggles as the two take minutes just to get past introductions. Gleen's masked threats didn't make this any easier.

Xander decides to tap out the rest of his name, whether as an obligation or out of spite, one could not say.

*insert morse code here*

(XANDER SERGIUS DEACON PAIGE, IN SERVICE TO HOUSE FLAITHE)
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Gymnasium - Near Entrance

Nina chuckled at Annah’s awkwardness. “Don’t worry, girl, we’re not gonna bite your head off or anything! Nice to meetcha.”

She looked at Annah, and at Opal, and shrugged. Eh, they look more like they’d enjoy each other’s company than they would mine. I’ll try not to get too in the way…

She started to turn to walk away, but she noticed a certain panda girl had joined them when she barely paid attention, and was talking to her. Nina eyed the girl over for a few seconds, as if confirming her own memory, before realizing it. “OH! You, right! J-Joan...Jo...JOB! Job, Job! Right! Man, fun costume, girl! And yeah, made this suit myself, ha ha ha! A-Are you feeling any better from this morning?”

She paused for a second, then realized. “Oh! Right, it’s me, Nina. You uh, might not recognize me in the big ol’ bulky suit, heh heh. I was the one that carried you to the nurse’s this morning, and stuff. Eh heh...sorry about that, by the by…”

She seemed fairly oblivious to the fact something was starting up at the stage.

----

Gymnasium - Backstage

Jackie, now in her full stage attire, perked up when she heard Gwen’s voice echo through the gymnasium.

“That’s her!” she exclaimed with an almost childish glee. “Holy crap, I gotta go say hi to her before we star-”

NO!

As Jackie started to run towards the offstage area to head to the crowd, she was stopped by someone gripping tightly and suddenly onto her wrist. She turned around to see Tammy, looking surprisingly and uncharacteristically disgruntled. She was biting her lip and seemed visibly nervous…

“W-What the hell…?”

“Y-You shouldn’t spoil it, you jackass,” Tammy blurted out. “You’d ruin the whole goddamn surprise if you ran out there now! Let the chick see it when you’re out there performin’! I uh...I don’t want you #$%^in’ over the performance by spoilin’ it, and stuff.”

Jackie stared back at the bassist skeptically for a minute, then nodded with a sigh. “R-Right. You’re right, sorry. That was careless of me. I’ll prep to get out there now.”

She walked away, picking something up from the side as she did. Tammy let out a sigh of relief and went to the edge of the backstage curtain, peeking around to scan the crowd. It wasn’t hard to spot Gwen (nor a particularly poorly hidden pretentious spy trying to hide behind a fan), holding a cup and looking about. Tammy grinned once again.

“Yeah, yer too late, ya little @#$%^. Get on my level, asshole.”

She quietly flipped the bird in Gwen’s direction, despite her probably not noticing it, before turning back towards the backstage area, only to be met with the glare of none other than Sid.

“Jesus, don’t scare me like that,” Tammy complained.

“You really are startin’ to give a crap, eh, Tammy?” Sid had a smug smile on his face. “Looked like a mom tellin’ her kid not to run into the street.”

“Tch,” Tammy spat it off. “Please. I don’t want that little bird brat and her dumb teenage hormones to screw with an important performance. I don’t give a crap what you think, but I’m just workin’ for the band here.”

“Sure, sure,” Sid chuckled out. “Time to hit the lights, right, Mama Bird?”

Tammy opted to ignore the last bit. “Yeah. Blackout this @#$%$.”

Jackie, meanwhile, stood by the curtains, megaphone in hand. She was breathing deeply, trying to knock the remainder of her nerves out before her queue. Forget about it all. About all the weird things you’re feeling, about her, about that dance, about how you look. This is the stage now. This is my territory. I’m the predator here….I’m the predator, I’m the predator, I’m the…”

----

Gymnasium - Onstage

The lights of the gym suddenly shut off.

There was hustle and bustle as students murmured amongst themselves, and Nurse Wulfe growled to herself. “Off schedule again...goddamn these kids…”

As the students tried to figure out what sent them into this maelstrom of darkness and confusion, the sound of slow, bare footsteps could faintly be heard across the stage. It was so quiet and so gentle that it was almost certainly covered up by the chatter of the others, but it was there.

And once those footsteps stopped, the spotlight above the stage came on.
The chatter hushed into uncomfortable whispers as people saw the girl on stage. Her hair unkempt and her face stained...she looked less like a clown and more like a demon. There was something in her cold glare that felt inhuman, even to those that recognized her from classes.

The girl on stage slowly scanned her eyes over the audience. She didn’t say anything, but her appearance demanded attention. After a moment of analysis, she took a couple steps further up the stage, up towards a microphone set up on a stand by the front. She unslung the megaphone she held from her shoulder, and pointed it towards the audience, as if taking aim at them. After a moment of uncomfortable stillness, she pulled the trigger on the megaphone.

SCRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUEEEEEEUUUUUEEEEEEEEEUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEECCCHHH

The feedback from the megaphone starting up by the microphone sent out a piercing sound that sent a good amount of the partygoers into a pained tizzy, as they held their ears to block out the noise. After a moment of torment, the girl on stage lifted the megaphone into the air to get it away from the mic. She still hadn’t said a word, though; she just stared at the shadows of the audience for a moment more, as if waiting for some kind of reaction before continuing.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Gymnasium - Gwendalyn and Jazmine:

Jazmine's ears finally quit ringing from when UV Brite so graciously announced her presence. At this point, she couldn't decide what to make of little miss Goldilocks. She didn't seem that much different from any other famous people she kept hearing about: only seeming to care if she got attention and could therefore inflate her ego... But at the same time, from the little she'd seen of her, it seemed like her heart was in the right place, helpful in the end or otherwise.

Gwendalyn herself was idly walking along, though tending to stick to the food tables more than anywhere else, waving hi and giving the occasional hug, finger gun, or photo opportunity to people who called out to her. Every few minutes or so, she'd stick her hand into her cup and snack on one of her gummy bears, checking beforehand as subtly as she could to see if it was red or green... She winced a bit as she ate. She didn't even like these things all that much... Though it would seem that wasn't the only uncomfortable feeling she'd get that night. She felt tingling on the back of her neck. The tingling one gets when they feel like they're being watched.

Well, of course she was being watched. She was UV Brite. She was always being watched.

But this was the sort of watching the more paranoid part of her brain was always warning her about, she could feel it. She rubbed at the back of her neck a bit, before looking around a bit... and spotting someone. Normally, she wouldn't have paid them much mind. She would've skipped right over the war fan, maybe noting its size. But however large the fan may be, it wasn't big enough to conceal the glowing pink wings attached to the person's back... And they seemed to be concealing their face from her...

Is that person... trying to hide from me? They must be shy...
But what if you're wrong? They're spying on you.

Here? Now? That can't be right. That's an awful disguise for spying anyways.

That's what they Want you to think. Just play it cool.

It didn't seem like the more rational side to Gwendalyn's brain had a rebuttal. Convinced this person was a spy (not like she was wrong), Gwen ended up staring at Elibazeth blankly for a few moments before turning back around. "Hmm. Might be nothing," she whispered to herself and shrugged, moving on her way. However, not long afterward, the lights suddenly went out, startling both Gwen and Jazmine, though Gwen a bit less so.

"...Is it time already...?" Gwendalyn seemingly asked the air. "How long was I gone...? Or maybe..." Gwendalyn tried to stifle the rest of that thought, not letting her tranquil fury get the better of her. Jazmine had said nothing, and instead cocked a brow, though the motion was invisible in the darkness. Soon, a spotlight flickered on the stage, revealing... something horrifying. Both the young women took a good look at the girl onstage...

"JC?" Gwendalyn said, as if she didn't recognize the very jumpsuit Jackie was only half-wearing or the colors on her face she herself had applied. "Aaaaahhh! She looks great! What'd I tell her?!" Although more than a little bitter she didn't have the chance to meet up and give Jackie her Gift, she supposed a promise was a promise. She said she'd record the performance, and Gwen always stuck to her word. She fished her phone out of her breast pocket, and got the camera ready, the phone's light on her face revealing her position. She set her cup of gummy bears down, pointed the camera at Jackie, and threw a thumbs-up into the air, before realizing... "Wait. Is that a megaphone?"

...Why did Gwendalyn have a bad feeling about this...?

SCRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUEEEEEEUUUUUEEEEEEEEEUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEECCCHHH

Both Gwen and Jazmine shuddered at the feedback. Once Jazmine's ears were done ringing... again... she had adjusted her glasses. This was definitely the same girl who was in the clown costume earlier. And now she looked like... that?

"Well, this had better be good." Jazmine lowered her mask, threw her hands behind her head, leaned back, and waited for the show to start.
shadowjoe323

Post by shadowjoe323 »

Gymnasium

Matthew made his way over to the air hockey machines, doing his best to keep up with Flo. Right as the tables were in reach however, they went out of sight along with the rest of the gym, as the lights had apparently been shut off. Confused, Matthew looked around a bit and his eyes settled on the stage.

"Oh, I guess a performance is about to start. We should probably wait until it's done to play, wouldn't want to seem ungrate-"

"FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLL. WHY?!" If any bats were still hanging around Matthew, they were probably gone now, as he had rushed to cover his ears. Evidently, whoever was on the stage had a megaphone. And a microphone. And a bad day.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Gymnasium - Flo:

Flo jumped up at Miss Brite's deafening entrance. She knew her voice was powerful, but holy cow... It was something else in person! She kind of wanted to reach and say hi to her, but she looked busy doing other things. Besides, she and Matthew were almost at the air hockey tables.

When she arrived, she looked like she was about to ask something, but then the gym turned completely black. This being unexpected, Flo let out a little yelp, and started frantically turning her head in random directions, as if that would get herself oriented at all. A few seconds later, there was a faint light in the distance, and above the heads of most of the other students, Flo could see a small figure onstage. Flo could see her stare. She could see the mess of colors on her face that looked like a really bad DIY job. And most importantly, she could see the megaphone that she was aiming at the crowd like a gun. Needless to say, Flo was intimidated, and she started shrinking back. Even though Jackie's stare was likely fixed on her for a fraction of a second, she felt like Jackie was reserving that glare only for her for the duration she stood silent.

"Oh, I guess a performance is about to start. We should probably wait until it's done to play, wouldn't want to seem ungrate-"

At the feedback, Flo hunched over, slamming her hands to her ears to virtually no effect, and dropped her staff again. She was grateful that the glass orb on the end was protected by the "wood" coiled around it. When all of the noise ended, Flo slowly started righting her posture.

"Um... that's just... part of the performance... right...?" Flo asked meekly, and seemingly to no one in particular.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Gymnasium - Everyone's Favorite Security

"Another day another job..." said the lone security guard at the door. Since the party started he's been casually patrolling the scene with as much interest as a cow, which meant periodically stopping and taking off his officer hat. That thing made his head too hot, so he had to leave it on the hat stand by the entrance. Of course, it was still part of his supposed 'costume', though he still needed to look the part. Bah, who was he kidding. It was a party and he was bored.

The universe was cruel. Excessively so.

You'd think it was strange to have a guard for a school, a former police officer no less, but schools like this were owned by the rich and pretentious, and people like those would not settle for less when it came down to it. After all, this was their money at risk here. While the occasional destruction of school property was unavoidable (let's face it, rich kids could pay off their damn problems like it was nothing), recent developments have forced the hand of the board to be a little more careful. The Alliterative Association of the Academy (Ironically named) could only handle so much and the Agents of M.A.I.D. had their hands full with tending to the aftermath of whatever goes on in this crazy school. Thus, it fell to the hands of Security Officer Howard to ensure that such aftermaths could be avoided in the long-run.

"Mellie just had to convince me to take the job here, didn't she?" said Howard. It was bad enough he had to deal with a gymnasium full of pop stars, princesses, and punks, but he had to patrol the area from time to time to make sure the kids weren't getting too rowdy, and the damn bats flying all over the place didn't help. Was there a protocol for that? Bah, he didn't care enough to find out. Though he did have some choice words for that pretentious pretty princess he'd like to get off his chest.

The sudden blast of feedback from the speakers made Howard clench his teeth in annoyance. "Tch. Damn punks. Don't they know how to properly handle their hardware? Feedback's enough to make a man go deaf. Who enjoys this sort of thing? Bah, not that I care much for parties. I'd rather sit back and play that monster catching game at home." he grumbled, wishing he had brought his device to pass the time. He really could use a break right now. Unfortunately, he'd stood still long enough. His legs were falling asleep. Howard went to get his hat from the stand, but much like his life, his hand came up empty.

In fact, the whole hatstand was gone. Just plain gone.

"The hell?"

Gymnasium - Agent Double Oh So Pretentious

After such a setup, one would indeed wonder just where that hatstand disappeared off to. After all, such things did not simply sprout a pair of legs and walk off on their own. No, of course not.

However, the hatstand DID have wings...

...And a freaking giant Japanese war fan covering the whole thing. The owner was nowhere to be -

"Simply stunning!" exclaimed Eibazeth, who was now right beside UV Brite without so much of a warning prior to that. Looks like she was still wearing her kimono and mask, but the rest of her props were elsewhere. She waved towards the stage, more specifically towards the girl at the front of it. "Rock that stage Jacqueline Crow! Serenade us with that marvelous voice of yours! So sayeth I, Demon Princess Zalibadeth!" she says, accompanying her words of encouragement with a twirl and another pose.

She then crosses her arms and closes her eyes, her mouth forming into a confident smirk, completely unaffected by the sudden feedback of the megaphone. One could almost spy pink earbuds hanging around her neck. Did she know? Either way, she speaks to the unfortunate victim right beside her, the popstar.

"Hmhm~, she does look quite great doesn't she? I must say, whoever came up with that clown costume must be quite the fool themselves. Luckily it was quite salvageable for a punk rock concert! This look is so much more her style. A little too colorful, but one has to make do, after all!"
TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Gymnasium - Isabelle:

Isabelle was just about to thank Karen when an ear-piercing sound broke the silence. She turned around to notice the blond girl in a nurse’s outfit standing in the entrance. Who is she? Is she important?

She turned to Karen and asked “Do ya know who that is?”

Then the lights went out. And there was another extremely loud noise.

She covered her ears, looked around and saw a… What is that? That is definitely a person. What happened to them today? Who is that?... on the stage holding a megaphone.

----------------

Thomas has no clue what his roommate is talking about:

Thomas sat still processing this new information. Especially the part about causing distress for not arriving sooner. How could arriving later cause distress? Exactly how much time had passed since he had seen the large flat thing hanging on the wall? “I feel that I must inform you that there was no distress caused on my part for the timing of your arrival. You may set your bags anywhere you wish, sir. I fear that I have not made the necessary adjustments to my new surroundings yet.” How many bags did his roommate have? Still, they made the room feel smaller. He turned and breathed a quiet sigh of relief. Wait one minute! What was his roommate even talking about? Lystrantica and tea? What kind of literature?

“Pardon me, but where exactly is Lystrantica? And what is this thing called tea that is so wondrous? Also what kind of literature do you find of use or as a source of entertainment when traveling?” Anyone who knew Thomas would know where this was going.

Lenore just sat perfectly still on Thomas’s shoulder, keeping to herself.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

UV Brite beats up Elibazeth:

"Simply stunning!"

Perhaps to Zalibadeth's disappointment, Gwen didn't even so much as flinch from her sudden appearance. She was used to people appearing at her side yelling things, usually for her autograph. She peeked from the corner of her eye to see who she was fairly sure was the same girl from earlier... the one wearing the wings and with the war fan. Of course, she wasn't wearing either of those things right now, but the kimono looked familiar. She was hiding her face earlier, so she had no other points of reference. Gwendalyn dug out the third and final item stashed away in her crowded pocket, a compact makeup kit. She flipped it open, and started moving her face and her wrist at different angles, looking in the tiny mirror. It seemed like she was focused on her own face, though every now and again, she'd catch a glimpse of the wings and the war fan, which she noted were completely immobile.

"Huh. Gonna have to fix that later." Gwen said quietly, as if making a note to herself. She shut the compact and put it away, kind of tuning out Elibazeth, only half-listening to her until she knew for sure she was speaking to her. "You think so? I think it's like... perfect! I'm pretty sure whoever put it together knew what they were doing. Though it kind of sounds like you want to do something to them... What's that thing they say about two wrongs and a right again? Just saying~!"

Gwendalyn seemed oblivious to her own hypocrisy there, though perhaps that was intentional. Most people didn't view her as anyone who did anything wrong, much less as revenge. Gwen also wanted to call out Elibazeth on her use of the term 'Jacqueline' and how the bearer of that name didn't like being referred to as such, but if this person really was spying on her, that would give her away, and she couldn't have that.