[RP] WHY ARE THERE CARIBOU IN THE AMAZON RIVER.

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

[RP] WHY ARE THERE CARIBOU IN THE AMAZON RIVER.

Post by Gav »

Welcome to WHY ARE THERE CARIBOU IN THE AMAZON RIVER., the RP all about creating incredibly strange situations and using your character to get out of them.

what
WHY ARE THERE CARIBOU IN THE AMAZON RIVER. is an RP where the participants create a character. Then, an incredibly strange situation is posted and all the characters are thrown into the situation. Everyone responds to the situation and tries to change/remedy/mess around with it however they feel like. An example of one such incredibly strange situation would be that there are caribou in the Amazon River that are stampeding. All the participants RP as if they were that character reacting to this situation. Every few pages or so, a new situation is posted and the game resets.

Okay then. Any other mechanics?
No.

...Applications?

Name:
Appearance:
Backstory:*
Personality:
Special Abilities:
Other:*

(non-required fields marked with *)

we need rules. now.
1) Standard RP Godmodding/railroading/bunnying block.
2) Cardinal rule of improv: Always go with what the other person does or it becomes boring. This is a thing designed to not be boring. Do not make it boring.
2a (the a stands for addendum)) Within reason, of course. When you make others feel uncomfortable by going with the flow it gets out of hand, crosses the line, what have you.
2b) If something in the RP makes you feel uncomfortable don't be afraid to speak up about it.
3) If you don't feel like participating in a situation, you don't have to.
4) REGARDING APPLICATIONS. Even if this is meant to be silly harmless fun, you should at the very least create a character that people will enjoy talking to, and that means putting effort into the personality section. Backstory isn't really relevant, but it helps. So yeah put effort into your apps please.

Participants?
-Soul Sawachika (TAR)
Last edited by Gav on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
VonKarmaPride
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] WHY ARE THERE CARIBOU IN THE AMAZON RIVER.

Post by VonKarmaPride »

Sounds fun.
Name: Pride
Appearance: My profile picture.
Personality: Me. That's really all I can say.
Special Abilities: I can conjure a mango out of thin air once every twenty minutes if that's allowed.
Gav

Post by Gav »

i'm sorry but i can't accept that app, first off because absolutely no detail is given in personality, second because it sounds like you're trying to enter a canon character in as your character which is generally frowned upon here (or a self-insert but even then detail is always given).

and sure the mango thing works. dunno why you'd need it though.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
The Ash Raichu
Spoken languages: English

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Spoiler : Raichu won't be late today! :
Name: Soul Sawachika
Appearance:
Personality: Soul, as much as she won't admit it, tends to put herself on a high horse, acting more mature than she actually is. She's not particularly competent in anything other than using her superpowers, but she figures that's all she needs. She has a tendency to isolate herself from society because of it, though. She didn't want to hurt anyone with some clumsy move or anything, and she became used to being a bit of a loner. She's generally indifferent of people around her, and a little cold-hearted. She means well, though.
Special Abilities: She has the power to manipulate ice. She is quite skilled at this, although larger-scale moves tend to wear her out, and if she's not careful, she can even dehydrate herself.
Gav

Post by Gav »

Accepted.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.