[RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Welcome to Pleasanton

Post by Sleuth »

Truman's Auto Shoppe:

"...Well, I was hoping it'd be by tomorrow; I'm supposed to be in the next town by now." Ignacio remarked, glancing around the place, noting all the scattered cups and mugs. What a sty... Was this guy the only mechanic around? I mean, probably not, right? Hopefully...

"...It's rather urgent, but I mean... You can get to it soon, right?" Ignacio asked, his bad hand starting to shake a bit.
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

The Inning Inn Inn and Hotel

Bénédicte's eyes flew upwards. He wasn't expecting a heck of a lot from this, so he had hoped to make the transaction informal for now, and authenticate it sometime later.

Maybe the awkwardness of this encounter was actually his fault after all. Bénédicte always does these things by the book, regardless of how long it takes. The process has always worked out for him. Now, the one time he skimps out on his principles and tries to take things as they come with the end goal of the entire transaction being slightly smoother, he's punished. He actually has problems he has to overcome; problems that, if he had brought the proper documentation, should've been easy to fix. He never should've strayed in the first place.

Also, he really doesn't want to drive all the way out to the bank and back just for some official papers.

"...My apologies, Owlford. You're entirely correct. You wouldn't mind taking a few minutes right now to come down to the bank with me, would you? I will even offer to drive you myself just to make up for the inconvenience."
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Arivenzys
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Arivenzys »

(HRP : Just to inform that I'm still here, but I'm waiting for something to happen or someone who would talk to me. I actually remain in the Inn entrance.)

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Spoiler : Pekka :
Name: Pekka (The Woman Stalked by Death)

Career: Town Murderer/Thief - Non-outsider

Bio: A Strange Woman followed by Death himself. (?) It’s not really known when she started murdering and pillaging corpses, but it was a weird day when she did start, as no one could prove she did it. Everyone KNEW she did it, but no one knew why, how, or when she did it. All she said was that “Death’s following me, so I gotta keep on being unsatisfactory! Can’t let it get to a good conclusion for a long time, yo!” And didn’t confess to anything. She was released, and ended up going to other places for a bit, with similar phenomena happening everywhere else she visited, but the same result every time. “Death’s following me, so I gotta keep on being unsatisfactory!” she would always say, as if whatever she was saying made complete sense to anyone but her.

The bodies piled up, and people demanded action, but despite how obvious it was, there was never any proof. Something happened at each crime scene that pointed to someone else, or proved she wasn’t even there at the time. Yet, it was always extremely obvious that what she meant by death following her was that she killed everyone in her path.

And then she came back to Pleasanton,a year before her 28th birthday, and strangely enough hasn’t caused any trouble. All she’s done is contribute to the economy by buying local goods and making the lives of everyone less death and more kindness. Probably won’t last long.

She has medium-length dyed hair that’s similar in color to amber that’s mostly straight, but curls at the bottom. She has tan skin, orange eyes, and lipstick that matches the color of her hair. She has black combat boots with white leg bone and foot bone patterns. (BOOTS) She wears black tights and somewhat short jean shorts. She wears a long, black sleeveless coat with a rip pattern on the back of it, which reveals the backside of a skeleton pattern. Underneath the jacket she has a blood-red turtleneck sweater. Finished with finger-tipless black leather gloves.

Personality: Possibly the most aloof-yet-friendly person around. She’ll respond, but sometimes it feels like she’s in another world, and really that’s probably the worst place for her to be when you’re trying to figure out if she’s dangerous or not. She really doesn’t seem to be much a threat, and really doesn’t say anything off-putting. She’s just off-putting and probably plotting your murder. Was that paranoia just now? That was paranoia just now. She’s probably not planning to kill you… Or is she? Wow, this is eerie.

She truly believes she’s the protagonist, and cannot be stopped or killed unless she admits that she’s satisfied. This isn’t a secret of her mind, she flat out says that until she admits that she’s satisfied with life, she won’t die or stop being a terrible person.

Also really likes the value of THINGS, rather than the value of life, people, etc.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Truman's Auto Repair Shop

Despite everything, the engine is entirely silent. Not a sound.

What a pain.
Spoiler : OOC :
ye dave's in yo
spd12

Post by spd12 »

Sorry for the delay again. I was at a loss as to how to help push things forward in a way that's not 'just go back to where you were.' I didn't want to just throw a post that was 'no good for now, go somewhere else, lols!'
Truman's Auto Shop

Paul looks up from the seat to the outsiders. His expression darkens...? Is it something someone said, someone did? The engine is cut off again, and he helps himself out of that fancy-lookin' car that's had his attention for however long he's been at it.

He flicks his tongue and spits on the floor a couple of times. (Don't put an oil-soiled glove in your mouth.) Physical disgust could well soon lead to social digust as he picks up one of the teacups littering the lot to drink up its contents, swish it around in his mouth, and... spit it back into the teacup. He eyes the two of them one last time before approaching them.

Now, we move past vague recollections and notions of the passage of time to the more important exchanges of the present. Well, at least the more current exchanges of the present, as implied by it being the present. Whether they were really of great import to anything beyond seeing to the man with the shaky hand's wishes to see his car fixed at last.

"By tomorrow...?" Paul hears out the pastor's pleas as he ambles over to the pushed car that could push itself no more. "Sounds all right by me," saying this before he even has a look at how it may appear under the hood. He seems less then gentle about prying it open. "Maybe. Could happen... I don't know." None of these words are terribly reassuring to the average customer with a serious car problem.

"Look," he turns to the pastor, "I'm in favor of getting you out soon as I can, but... you're probably gonna be here a while," so he says without making much in the way of eye contact, "Pleasanton... 's quiet. Not much happens here... you don't hear anything 'bout it out there."

He turns over his shoulder towards the exuberant Barry. "Oh, oh yeah. No... solicitors, or carolers. Or evangelists..."

Uh oh.

Well, he hasn't made any overt threatening gestures suggesting he's about to beat anyone over the head. Given he moves so lethargically, so slowly, it's hard to imagine someone like Paul managing to muster up the force behind the swing of a fist. He seems half-asleep already as he waves a hand in an indistinct lack of a gesture beyond maybe the idea it was an aborted signal of some kind.

"So... what brings you here?" He turns a lazy eye back over said shoulder again to one Mr. Normal.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Truman's Auto Shop

"What is bringing me here? Ah, you misunderstand my purposes. I am not here for sales, that would be ridiculous!" Barry chuckled. "No, I am here for vacation. Travelling is how I am spending my free time. Seeing the world, meeting new friends, it is quite delightful!"

"It does not seem like you get many like me in your town, that being travelers I am referring to. I am usually traveling with my wife, but she was not able to be making it this time, busy with work. But when I return back to my home, I shall be telling her how wonderful this little place you have here is, and perhaps I shall come back with her." he grinned.

"I am not sure how long I am staying, but it is seeming like a nice enough place so far, and I am wanting to stay a while and see everything it has to offer! So there is your answer, vacation is bringing me here!"
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

The Bar Inking Owl Innand

"Well, I just got here but..." Gregory said, looking around the inn to see not much really happening. "If it'd help settle this matter quicker, then let's get going."

He gets up from the table and heads to the door, waiting by the hatstand. "After you, Tasse." he says as he takes his hat and puts it on. It seems like he'll follow you to your car as soon as you leave the door.
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

We Can't Wink Here, This Is Owl Country

And finally, Bénédicte proceeded out the door, only looking back once he reached one of the passenger doors and opened it up, motioning for Greg to have a seat. When Greg settled in and made himself comfortable in the back seat, Bénédicte carefully shut the door, wordlessly made his way to the driver's seat, and buckled himself in.

The journey over to the bank was short and uneventful. If Greg ever spoke up with some inane question about the weather, Bénédicte diffused it with a mere flash of a smile. If there was a time for small talk, it was not here. Tasse pulled into the bank parking lot, but it was not before anyone knew it - it was perhaps a good 30 seconds after they did. Just as expectedly, the two walked inside and into Tasse's office, him leading.

The First Regional Bank of Pleasanton

Bénédicte sat right down and navigated around the databases with some score of taps to the keyboard to pull up where he found what appeared to be Greg's financial troubles.

"Yes," he began, affirming something he said like eight minutes ago, "you do have some bills unpaid. You may have a look if you'd like."
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

The Bank of Regional First Pleasantries

Greg thought about investing in a car. It'd sure make getting around town easier. But, he liked just going around himself. Besides, if the car broke, that Truman mechanic would take ages just to get it fixed. It'd be good as new... but you'd probably have enough money for a new car by the time he even got around to fixing it. Of course, that was an exaggeration. A passing thought one would have during a period of silence, such as during the trip he just took in a car heading to the bank.

The bartender lowered his glasses to take a closer look at information being displayed on the screen.

"People pay for the telephone?" he asks, his tone indicating surprise in that realization. Greg then flinches, "Right, right. How could I forget. Silly me, must be my age getting to me." he says, quickly dismissing it as a problem with his memory.

Should Tasse be paying attention to what is actually on the screen, he'd see that a long time ago, Greg did indeed pay his past phone bills, on time. Though at some point his payments spaced out, getting overdue as time passed.

"Well, Tasse, now that I see some formalities being shown, I suppose I should uphold my end of the bargain as a law-abiding citizen of Pleasanton..."

He's smiling while nodding his head in such a way one would typically accompany with a "Yep.", there is a noticeable period of silence in this moment.

" 'cept I can only afford to pay half of it. And I forgot my wallet at the inn."
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

The Bank That Came Before the Second Regional Bank of Pleasanton

"How unforunate," Bénédicte mourned, faking a worried frown, rising once again back up to a smile a few seconds later. "Although not having your wallet is not a problem right now; you aren't being asked to pay upfront. I'm no debt collector, Owlford. At least, presently."

Bénédicte observed the figures carefully and did some quick calculations on a notepad. He carried the 5, added the two, and made sure that he properly estimated the number of compoundings, and...

"Have you had any huge annoyances recently in your daily life?" he asked, changing the subject a smidge. "For instance, a phone or refrigerator not working properly? Being forced to rely on things like that can be very frustrating. You can vent your troubles to me." It's a bit odd that he would take now to engage in a kind of casual discussion when he totally rejected it just a few minutes ago, but he did look like he was still doing some mental math...
Sorry if you felt singled out with the RP discussion post I made, Alnar, but I wasn't just referring to you (And I hope I don't sound too needy or pushy or anything). Like... no one's really posting in general. Come on guys, aren't you INTERESTED in how this will GO? WHO'S THE SECRET CONSPIRACY PERSON?? IS IT ME????
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

At the word "evangelists", Ignacio's hand began to shake a bit more, but he quickly grasped it with his other hand, as if stifling a screaming child. He stood there quietly, trying to be patient as it slowly began to dawn on the pastor that this was not going to be the short rest stop that he had hoped. This man seemed to walk at his own pace, and there didn't seem to be anyone else here-- At all. Did he just run this place all on his own? Was this man truly the only mechanic around? His hand began to twitch further.

"...As for me, I'm just passing through." Ignacio said, rubbing his neck. "I hadn't meant to stop here, actually, but my car..."

As if on cue, the vehicle's tire gave out, leading the whole iron wreck to sink slowly to the ground like a dying balloon.

"...Had other plans." Ignacio muttered, folding his arms. "...Not to sound rude but... Is there anyone else working here? Don't you have anyone to help?"
spd12

Post by spd12 »

I've kind of run into a major snag here for this game now - what can I say or do to push the plot forward other than say 'yes' or 'no' about things?

This game needs a bit of stronger GM direction to keep things happening, lest it just devolves to PCs saying 'hi, I'm this' 'maybe or maybe not, go here' - that's not a story nor a direction.

I'm stuck in so much as there's nothing left for me to work with other than idle chat that really wouldn't keep anything moving - sorry to keep you (Sleuth and DLA) waiting for a reply, but there really isn't much more I can say for now after this post.
"Last guy I apprenticed, he, uhh," Paul kind of shrugs, "just... just wasn't up to it. It's hard work." Not that he looks like the definition of anyone 'hard,' or much of a 'worker' beyond that this is his place, is advertised as an auto repair shop, and still has enough people believing he's able to do timely work in an efficient manner. Well, at least he's reacting to the deflating tire as he ambles along over.

"That... 's a flat." That was obvious the moment it happened. "Worst case I've... seen today." About the tire, or the entire car? Both might be true...? He stretches his arms out and yawns.

"I'll... get to work on this, soon, just, uh... I'll find you whenever it's, not... not like this." It's hard to put much confidence in this man's assessment.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

The First House of Evil of Pleasanton

Problems? Had Greg ever had any problems with any of his appliances back in the inn? The innkeeper leaned back into his chair and thought on this for a moment. At a first glance, everything was working fine for him. He also never recalled any complaints from the customers during their stay at his inn. Except...

"Well Tasse, I'm not sure if what I'm about to say even counts as a problem but..." Greg leans in closer and begins to speak in a softer but more serious tone.

"Ya see, whenever a customer stays in my inn, they always remark that it feels like they're being watched, most especially when they're on the phone. Now, I never got that feeling from the place myself, after all, I've lived there all my life. But you know how our town is..."
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

That's a fairly sizable issue. I think the problem is that nothing's really happened to talk about in terms of the story, other than the dead farmer earlier on. Maybe this is a call for ending the day. I'm sure we can get some plot relevant things going on over the night.
The First Regional Bastion of the Free Market

Bénédicte made sure to look Greg right in the eyes as he talked, and periodically nodded his head to demonstrate that he was listening. Once he finished up talking about the phones, Bénédicte took a beat. Perhaps he was taking this time to finish his incredibly observant thought about the nature of the phone calls and how it relates to any oddities in the weather recently, or how paranoia is destroying Britain. Maybe the feelings of Greg's customers have brought back passionate memories from Bénédicte's past, and he will soon share with him the details of his childhood, a prelude for a intimate and trusting relationship. Something truly full of thought, but more importantly, on topic in any way.

"Okay."

Oh, he's talking about the money again.

"How does a loan of £800 sound? This should cover all your current deficiencies. This will gain interest at a rate of 2%, compounding weekly. I trust you are capable of paying this back?"
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!