[RP] Flytrap Canyon - A Steampunk Western

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Re: [RP] Flytrap Canyon - A Steampunk Western

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Tavern- Rachel

Noticing that the man's tone booked no room for argument, Rachel sat down and began to explain.

"Well... do you want "everything" everything, or just a general summation? Basically, a group of bandits stole a good deal of gold, and are holed up in this town somewhere. We're supposed to track them down and bring them in." She took a short breath then continued. "In terms of their identities... well, we don't know that much. They are likely to have weapons of some sort like ours," punctuating the statement she gives her halberd a soft pat, "But in terms of appearance or names or such? There... really isn't much I can tell you. The man we were fighting is one, obviously." Rachel couldn't help but let a little trace of regret seep into her voice at this declaration. "Those two other girls must have been Bandits too. Aside from that..." Rachel gave a shrug.

Hideout- Tia

Tia returned to the hideout. At a glance she noticed that John had, at a minimum, been fruitful in his acquisition of supplies. Deciding that she wasn't hungry, however, she decided to just position herself by a wall and watch the conversation that was currently transpiring.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Tavern

The Drifter seemed to be staring at the spot where John had escaped. What he was thinking about was only up to imagination. His arm seemed to be functional again, though he didn't exactly seem to have much to shoot now. Eventually, he turned back to the bar at the front, slowly moving back to it and taking his seat where he was before.

"...Barkeep left before makin' the whiskey. Damn." He kicked open the briefcase he had left on the floor and reached down for his prosthetic arm. He quickly detached the Gatling gun and screwed the hand back into place. He then pulled out a case of cigars and a lighter. He lowered the mask over his mouth (yet not the goggles) and lit one of the cigars for himself. He took a long puff, then stood back up. He locked his gun back into the briefcase and moved to the door. Cigar still in mouth, he looked to the other hunters still in the tavern.

"....I'm goin' back out to look for them. Let me know if ya get any clues." He turned back to the door and moved out.
Spoiler : OoC :
If anyone at the tavern (inside or outside) wants to talk to him there's a chance, just leaving that open before doing anything else with him if he's still wanted by anyone there.

Harvey's also free for interaction with anyone who wants to.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Tavern

Margot awoke as the Drifter exited the tavern. "Ah! Bonjour, Mr. Drifter!" she smiled, putting her hat back on her head. "It sounded like quite the conflict going on in there, very dangerous. I'm sure you dealt with it expertly. After all that, you must be dreadfully parched!" she turned to reach into a compartment on the side of the wagon, and pulled out a glass bottle with green liquid inside and a label that read "MINERVA'S MAGIC ELIXIR", and had a bunch of small print underneath it. "How would you like a bottle of my elixir? It does wonders for your thirst. Because we're working on the same team, I'll give it to you for free! What do you say?" she stared at him, the smile remaining on her face.

Hideout

"Alright, I got ya, Johnny-boy. Next time I gotta have an actual secret weapon. I'll figure it out in due time, don't ya worry your head about it." Sonia grinned, giving John a thumbs-up. John had to be one of the more trustworthy members of the gang. He seemed to have almost as much experience, if not as much as Kenny did, and seemed to be much less of a grouch. He had supposedly been trying to sell them out, but then had no problem revealing to his friends that he was a bandit when it came time to escape, so that couldn't have possibly been true. He just had to stick to his cover at that point was all, that was it.

"We got a bit of a problem to think about now. Johnny-boy was the only one of us they weren't lookin' out for, and now they know he's on our side. How are we gonna go get supplies now? I tried going into that town with a fake mustache, and despite how brilliant a disguise it is, Jeffy Big-gun saw right through it. Unless we can get better disguises, we're gonna starve in here. Anybody got any ideas?" she asked, looking around at the others in the hideout.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

The Tavern

"Oh, hey, Vic!" The Sheriff said, donning a cheerful smile as he waved to the Bartender. "I kept the place together for ya'. Don't worry, the damage ain't too bad! This place sure can take a hit!"

Kidd demonstrated this by kicking the nearest thing to him: a large, round machine wired to the wall-- Which promptly began to blink to life and flashing its lights with a cry of:

"HELLO HELLO. YOU'VE GOT A CALL! HELLO HELLO. YOU'VE GOT A CALL! HELLO HELLO. YOU'VE GOT A CALL!"

Needless to say, this cry looped.

This fresh hell was known as the "Steam-Powered Audio Long Distance Transmitter", otherwise known as "SPALDT", one of the many Pinkman products that had taken off across the country. Inventors everywhere raced desperately to try and come up with an un-patented version that was less obnoxious, while amateur mechanics managed to get plenty a pretty penny rewiring the voicebox.

"...Um, whoops. One sec, I'll get it." Kidd said, quickly pressing the "Receive Call" button. "Who could be calling at a time like this?"

The machine jittered for a moment and let out a hiss of steam. "YOUR CALL IS FROM..."

There was a loud DING as the machine popped out a small card. Kidd quickly snatched it and held it up to the light.

"...Now let's see what we've got he--" Kidd's face paled as the words came off the card. "...O-Oh... Uh..."

Kidd slowly turned to face his former teacher-- The man sitting casually with a split open hand pouring out blood on one side and a glass of cool goat's milk in the other. Blackwood Graves.

"...I-It's for you, sir." Kidd said, holding out the card. On it merely read:

"From: Pinkman Corporation
To: Blackwood Graves
Subject: Report"

"YOU HAVE -- 60 SECONDS -- TO PICK UP YOUR CALL!" The SPALDT helpfully announced. It then proceeded to keep announcing-- For every second that passed.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

The Tavern

"They were bandits? How interesting..."

He sighs and shakes his head.

"It is a shame, though. I was hoping for an actual chall-"

Blaring sound from an obnoxious machine, it is at this point that the SPALDT enters the tavern and barks it's inane automated jabber at Blackwood.

"Apologies, Ms. Pice. I have to take this."

Picking up the phone in his wounded hand, he casually places it against his ear and begins to speak.

"Good afternoon, Sirs. This is Graves speaking. What is the situation?"

The Hideout

"Well, have you considered just doing what it is that bandits do?"

Worm interjects, lazily waving his hand as if presenting the obvious answer.

"I mean, we've already stolen this gold. May as well steal some bacon and a few eggs, right? Some Pinkman's Oats or something..."

He yawns, and lies down on his "bed," having finished his can. He pulls his hat over his eyes and proceeds to take a half-nap.

"It's not like it really matters what we do, anyway..."
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

"Good day, Graves." The voice on the other end is cold and monotone, even more robotic than the voice of the SPALDT itself. There's no indication of who, exactly, is speaking, but it's fair to presume that it doesn't particularly matter.

"Have you made contact with the remaining Hunters, or found any sign of the targets?"
enigma

Post by enigma »

Tavern

"Indeed. I put a bandit in a chokehold, until one of your hunters stabbed me in the hand with a mahete after shooting apart the tavern, and then the bandit used a hookshot to escape while his accomplice, a girl in a fake mustache, followed. Then I sat down and had a glass of milk with another of your hunters. Miss Pice, it seems? So, overall, a pretty good start."

Graves responds with an equally flat monotone. Almost bored, to be honest.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Tavern

There was a sound of scribbling pencil on paper, followed by a slight pause, until Blackwood finished his summary.

"...I see." The voice replied. "So you have made contact then. Good. As the resident expert of the town, we are expecting you to lead your fellow Hunters and end the targets quickly. Notify the other Hunters that Pinkman will call back periodically for reports."

There was a small pause. "In the meantime, do you require supplies of any sort to complete the mission?"

Meanwhile, the Sheriff stepped up towards the red-haired Huntress, leaning up on the table.

"So..." Said the Sheriff, tapping the badge on his hat, "Hi there, name's Sheriff. But you can call me Kidd. You seem to know what's what around here. What's your name?"
NihilisticNinja

Bar- Rachel

Know what's going on? I wish.

Ignoring her thoughts laced with equial levels of bewilderment and bitterness, Rachel turned toward the sheriff. "Sir! Rachel Pice reporting for duty, sir!" She said, giving the man a playful salute.

"Anyhow, there's some bandits in the area that stole quite a bit of gold, and us Hunters have the duty to bring them in. That's... pretty much all there is to it, really."

Hideout- Tia

Tia decided now would be a good point to interject into the conversation. "So, I think now would be a good time to plan our next move. Given the fight I saw in the tavern and what John has told us, the Hunters likely know the identities of at least a couple of us. We need to figure out a way to work around that."
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Tavern - Sheriff

Rachel Pice? I know that name. A cool, collected bounty hunter armed with a halberd that fires liquid nitrogen to freeze her enemies solid-- Wait, no... that was Rachel Ice.

But this business about hunters and bandits... Yes, if I recall correctly, Vikki was telling me about this just when I came in this morning for my drink. What had she said? Let me retrace my steps-- I came in, told her about Orbodrill, then she said...

The Sheriff's eyes suddenly lit up. Of course! He knew the solution.

Yes, sure, he hadn't been much help when things were going down in the Tavern. But now was his real moment to shine-- To prove his worth as the Sheriff. The Bandits had gold, and luckily he had just the thing to find it. Not such a waste of money after all.

"Well, Miss Pice," The Sheriff said, leaning up on the counter with a smile, "You're in luck-- I figured something like this would occur, and I have quickly gathered a solution. I think you'll... dig it."

With that, he held up a slip of paper between his fingers and tossed it onto the table in front of Rachel. The worn out paper seemed familiar, as if the writer had described it before in one of the earlier posts. Perhaps unfolding it would yield some familiar information first unveiled in this post...

--

Just outside, a crowd had gathered in town square-- The citizens of Flytrap had been awakened, crawling out of the woodwork with curiosity and fear. Usually when there were gunshots around here, Sheriff Kidd was doing target practice. But this time there were some new guns in town, and everyone wanted to see what had gone down.

A herd of goats began trampling up to the crowd in a chorus of bleating and headbutts. Following behind was the jangling sound of milk bottles banging together and the crunch of spinning wooden wheels on dirt as the Goatman sped up to the area, a look of grim determination on his face. He scanned the crowd, his old hands gripping the cart tightly, and put the whistle to his lips.

A sharp hiss went out, and the goats immediately paused, and then began to scamper through the crowd and around the town. They were on the lookout now, searching for any sign of... well, something. Though it might not be too hard to guess who Goatman would be looking for.

"For the love of God, Goatman, don't blow that thing in public!" A shrill, female voice cried out-- All heads turned to see what appeared to be a tall, thin woman approaching; it was hard to tell, since the thick, pale white cloud of bug repellent constantly sprayed forth by her body guards made it virtually impossible to see what anyone within actually looked like. At the same time, though few had hardly ever seen her face, everyone knew that the shrill, disapproving tone and haze of white spray could only belong to one person: The Mayor of Flytrap Town.

The citizens began to cover their mouths and noses in vain to try and block out the chemical cloud-- But for most it was too late, and they began spitting out the bitter vapors involuntarily sucked into their mouths. Goatman's nose wrinkled, ever so slightly, but he otherwise showed no reaction to the approach of the Mayor and her guards.

"...I wish to find my son." The Goatman replied simply.

"Yes, I as well," The Mayor's voice said, like rattlesnake to the mouse, "He certainly does owe me an explanation for why the people of this town are banging at my door saying that he's nowhere to be found while machine gun fire is spattering out of the local Tavern! When your... friends... find the boy... Tell him to do his job or turn in his star."

Goatman grimaced, but said no more.

"It is detestable out here today, as always," The Mayor muttered with an audible scowl, "One of those disgusting flies already touched me on my way here... But since I am here, I might as well attend to business. Harvey Copper-- Where is he?"
enigma

Post by enigma »

Tavern

"Hmm..."

Long fingers tap their owners chin as he thinks through his strategy.

"That won't be necessary. As long as you keep me well funded, I think this should be a... simple enough job. After all. compared to teaching a high school class, killing someone is... less than a problem."

He makes a guttural, monotone noise possibly known as a chuckle. That is, if one is generous.

"That was a joke."

He states, plainly.

"Now, if that is all..."
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

"That is all."

The receiver clicked, and the machine's whirring came to a stop. There was a loud ding, and the machine cried out: "CALL ENDED".

Blackwood was once more free to go about the town and do things.
NihilisticNinja

Tavern

Rachel blinked at the paper in confusion. She doubted it was some missive from the people that hired her- the way he'd set this up certainly didn't have that implication. But... what else could a Sheriff have that could be beneficial to her?

She gave the man a bewildered look for a moment and then opened up the parchment, so that she could probably view it.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Tavern
The Piece Of Paper From Kidd wrote: Looking down at it, one could see a detailed illustration of what looked to be a many-armed machine with a stetson hat, and a large, eye-like orb. At the top of the page were the words:

"MANY ARMS. SUCH DRILL. FIND GOLD IN YOUR AREA WITH THE ORBODRILL. COMES WITH DRILLS, BUILT IN METAL DETECTOR AND ALSO DRILLS!"

And below that, an obscenely high price, guaranteed to curdle milk alone with its absurdity.
enigma

Post by enigma »

The Tavern

Having finished his conversation and his milk, the impious instructor patted himself done (leaving smears of blood on his clothes) and stood up.

"Well, then. I believe that's everything. Good day to all of you."

He smiles, but it doesn't seem genuine. Then again, nothing about Blackwood Graves seems genuine.

And with that said, he calmly exits the tavern and heads out into the Town Square.

"Oh. My, my. Quite a few people have gathered here it seems."

He speaks without inflection, his supposed surprise not really registering.

"And the Mayor too. How surprising."

He smiles wide and approaches her, his bloodied hand outstretched.

"What brings you here today, Miss? Anything I could help with?"

He chuckles.

Hideout

"A plan of action, huh?"

Worm thinks it over, rubbing the stubble on his chin.

"Well, if it was up to me, I'd suggest we lie low and wait it out in the hideout for a little longer. They probably don't know we're here, or they'd have bombed the place already."

He smirks.

"Hell, they probably only caught on to our identities because you all thought it'd be a great idea to go out on the town so soon. Maybe if we'd just waited a few more days... Ah well, what's done is done. Who cares."

He yawns.

"Anyway, it could be worse."

He pauses.

"I mean, at least it's not raining. Bullets that is."

He laughs at his own terrible joke.