[RP] Flytrap Canyon - A Steampunk Western

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

The Ash Raichu
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Flytrap Canyon - A Steampunk Western

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Hideout - Zoie:

"Yeah, in case you haven't noticed, waiting doesn't get anyone anywhere, smart one." Zoie snarked as she finished her first can of soup. "If we just sit here, they're gonna start looking for us. If that Blackwater guy or whatever you said is really that dangerous, he'll have our heads in an instant! Besides, we might run out of food pretty quick, and what then?"

Zoie, admittedly, didn't have any better ideas, but she was just hoping she sounded like she knew what she was talking about.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Hideout

John gave it some thought, would it be better to stay here and wait it out? Or should they take some action, since doing nothing would not help their situation? Just earlier John was unlucky enough to run into the other Hunters and because of that, they were alerted to his current status as an Ex-Hunter.

Wait a minute, they were all working for the Pinkman Company, which means they'd have called someone by now for a report...

"The Pinkman Company phoned in, asking someone for an update on the situation. I'm pretty sure of it. If I know how Pinkman Co. works, they'll have all exits barricaded in the Canyon soon, making it harder for us to get out of here when we do."

He tosses the can of beans aside and relaxes into his chair, as if what he just shared wasn't urgent at all.

"That's just a thought to consider."
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Town Square:

The cloud of constant bugspray turned to Blackwood. The Mayor appeared to lean forward, peering through the smog.

"...Graves? Wipe that schmultz off your shirt, it looks terrible." The Mayor muttered. "I have no time to discuss your pay or whatever right now, but if you want to make yourself useful, go find me Harvey Copper. I have business to discuss with him regarding the town. You know where my office is."

As if to reiterate, one of the bodyguards spared a bug-spraying arm to point out the oddly-luxurious red mansion sitting near the end of the canyon.

"Bring me him, and no more shooting!" The Mayor cried, turning on her heel and walking away. In moments, she and her fog had disappeared back behind the mansion's iron gates.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Town Square

"Harvey Copper? The lawyer... Hm.. Yes, I have made his acquaintance in the past. It shouldn't be outside the realm of my power to make contact with him."

Graves chuckled, ignoring the Mayor's request for him to clean himself up.

"Still, that's a brazen order, all things considered. Especially considering your... distaste for talk of education funding and budgets. My salary included. I AM a teacher, not a courier, as you know."

He takes a second to weigh up his options, physically moving his hands as if literally weighing them up, his eyes closed in thought.

"Ah well, it's not like I have anything better to do. May as well, all things considered."

Graves smiles.

Filthy, stupid pig of a woman. Treating me like I'm one of your servants. I hope you end up limbless and immolated. Filth....

For now, I'll play along. For now... But when the time comes, I'm going to dance on your grave.

I just need to find where that robotic waste of oxygen is...

Hideout

Worm shrugs.

"Makes sense that a child would be impatient, I guess."

He shrugs and laughs.

"But, hell. If you guys are right about one thing, it's that I don't know jack. Seagull, you're the brains of the group. So, if you say that's how the Pinkman work. That's how they work."

He shrugs again, and yawns lightly. He's not really paying attention to the conversation now that his two cents have been put in.

"You're the only one here who knows how Pinkman work, after all."

He chuckles softly....

and then starts snoring softly.

Looks like Worm's fast asleep.
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Hideout

Tia crackled her knuckles and rolled her head.

"If the area is going to be blocked soon, then leaving immediately is relatively imperative. Even if we kill all the hunters they've sent, they'll just send more. Busting through a blockade is probably possible, but I'm not sure it's something we really want to do." She offered.

She felt she was being a bit chatty, but this was a serious enough situation that she didn't strictly mind it. Somebody had to try and take charge.

Tavern

Rachel stared at the blueprints to the machine, feeling unbelievably dense at the moment.

"So... is this device supposed to help us? What good will it do in our present situation? I... must confess to be drawing a blank." She said with an awkward laugh, scratching at the back of her head.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Tavern

The Sheriff grinned like he was the smartest man in the whole damn world.

"Well, you see!" Sheriff Kidd began, stroking his stubble with pride, "When I caught wind of the Bandit's dastardly theft, I thought to myself: "Man, a million gold cannot be easy to conceal!" And that's when I got the idea: If we had a device that could locate gold, then we can use it to sniff out the bandits-- Find where they're keeping the gold and recover it! And so I, without hesitation, spend every last penny I had to get an Orbodrill, to thwart the bandits' evil plans!"

Kidd grinned, his eyes shimmering with excitement. "And it'll be here any second now."
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Hideout - Zoie:

"Yeah, I'm with... uh, her." Zoie pointed at Tia. "The faster we get out of this Hell, the better, if you ask me." The problem was still that Zoie still had no idea how to do that.

... Or did she? Her face lit up a little bit, as if she had just come up with the most cunning plan since the dawn of time.

"Oh! I found a river not too long ago! Rivers always have to lead to somewhere, right? And we won't have to worry about getting thirsty! Why don't we use that as our getaway?" She offered with a confident smirk.

Tavern - Vikki:

Did he just... he did! Vikki scoffed and cursed out the Sheriff under her breath before turning to Rachel. "Before I forget, if you see your friends anywhere, tell them I'm expecting compensation for the mess they made of my tavern. In the meantime, can I fix you anything?"
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Town Square

"Don't worry, don't worry! I'm right here, ma'am!"

Two bright lines shined through the fog of bug spray still lingering about, and behind them followed Harvey Copper, sporting his biggest smile. His shining teeth were almost as bright as his mask.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting, I got lost on the way here. There were some folks in a rather frantic mood running from the tavern, and I had to stop to ask them what was wrong! My, my, a shootout! I suppose you can't fault the hunters for being quick to do their jobs! That being said, I shouldn't let my own curiosity excuse my tardiness, and I apologize for the inconvenience."

Harvey looked around for the mayor, expecting her to be there amidst the spray, and frowned in disappointment. "Hm. Seems I missed her. Darn..." He glanced back towards Blackwood, whom he just realized was there. He grinned once more. "Ah, Mr. Blackwood! A fine day, my friend, a fine fine day indeed! What brings you here, hm?"

----

Outside the Tavern

The Drifter stopped as Minerva addressed him, but didn't turn towards her. He seemed to remain silent briefly, possibly considering her offer for a moment. But finally, he shook his head in rejection.

"....I appreciate the offer, but anythin' that claims to be magic to me is just trouble waitin' to happen. I can't afford to mess around with a job like this. Maybe later."

Finally, he turned to look towards Minerva, presumably glaring at her through his dark goggles. "...You were sitin' here the whole time, miss? Ya didn't consider throwin' in a helpin' hand at any point? This ain't exactly a mission we can afford to take a seat through."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Hideout

Tia decided to not discuss a lot of things.

Tia decided to not discuss the fact that sometimes rivers truly didn't lead nowhere, particularly if somebody went the wrong direction. Or that shifting locations wouldn't really solve their problem, merely prolong it. Or that she didn't trust any of the bandits (the former Hunter and Worm in particular) to not stab them in the back in some way as they crossed down that supposed escape hatch.

Even the points that she could bring up seemed pointless. It wasn't like she had any better ideas.

"Seems sound." Tia merely said quietly with a nod.

Tavern

Rachel gave the mayor a small nod. "Seems like a relatively sound plan, on paper. Though if our opponents are smart enough they'll have kept the gold at a location distant enough that it doesn't point us to them immediately. But it's still worth a try."

She then turned to Vikki, giving a small smile, desperately resisting the urge to down something strong before this mystical machine arrived.

"Sure. Do you have any coffee?"

Caffeine was a drug, right? It'd do.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Hideout

"Gettin' the heck outta here does sound like a pretty good idea, but we need to figure out where. Do ya know where that river of yours goes? If ya don't, we need to find out where it'll take us. Don't wanna end up in the middle of nowhere." Sonia said.

"Also, don't ya think they'll be lookin' for us that way? Seems kinda predictable if ya ask me. El Cuervo accounts for all the possibilities when making a plan."

Outside the Tavern

"Ah yes, I did briefly consider providing my assistance, but I decided looking for accommodations would be a better idea, considering you had three working with you, yes? The girl, Mr. Gull, and Mr. Blackwoods, as well as yourself. Four seemed like enough to deal with a minor drunken disturbance, I thought my involvement would only further complicate the matter. Too many cooks spoil the broth, is it?" Margot replied.

"But that's beside the point," she said, putting the bottle of elixir back into the compartment, "I was speaking to a Mr. Copper, a man of influence in this town. I should be able to set up camp around here once he speaks to the owner of the bar."
The Final but not so ending chapter.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Outside the Tavern

The Drifter glared at Margot, probably.

"It weren't some run-of-the-mill barfight, miss," he explained. "It was a full-on throwdown with a handful of bandits. They may have escaped right under yer nose, even."

He adjusted the brim of his hat, pulling it over his face almost contemplatively. "Look, miss, I don't know what the hell you want with sellin' wares or Mr. Coppers or the like. But remember we're all here for a job. And if we don't complete the job, we don't get paid. And I'm rather fond of gettin' paid. So if ya don't mind my askin', try to be a bit more vigilant in the future. These folks are a bunch of rascals, and we can't afford to just goof off when they're in our sights."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

The Bandit Hideout

"If the kid found a river, that's our best bet at finding a way out of here. We can follow it the opposite direction from town, that way we're less likely to run into anyone."

The way he's sitting in his chair still indicates that he's pretty relaxed about all this, as if this was all just a casual drinking conversation between friends on a Tuesday night. He didn't seem like he'd be getting up from his chair any time soon. In fact, he looked just about ready to call it a day.

"Alright, I say we start getting ready. Tomorrow, we'll scout out the exits and mark them all down on a map. We gather supplies here in our hideout and after a week, we get the hell out of here. Our chances of survival are a lot better outside than in here. If they barricade the entire canyon and we're still here, it's only a matter of time before they find us."

After that, John takes a deep breath and settles into his chair comfortably. Well, if he could get any more comfortable than he already was previously.

"Now if you excuse me, I'll be getting some rest. Running across the desert carrying gold, getting into a shootout with bandits, and jumping around town carrying a bunch of supplies really takes a lot of a man, ya know?"
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Hideout - Zoie:

Zoie waited with baited breath for the other bandits' responses to her proposal. And it sounded like she got... three tentative "yeses." She grinned, radiating with newfound confidence. See? I AM useful, after all! Although one lady started throwing questions at her that she... really didn't have answers to. Well, it wasn't time to let that confidence down, yet. Zoie had been faking and lying and running to get away from her problems for most of her recent life. What were a few more?

"Where does the river go? I'm pretty sure it runs West, so probably the ocean. And if they'll be looking for us that way, where won't they be looking for us? They got you guys in the freakin' BAR, didn't they?" Zoie chose to ignore the fact that she was by far the youngest and not of legal drinking age, and thus, wouldn't be anywhere near the bar.

At least stripey-vest guy agreed with her plan pretty wholeheartedly. Well, probably. Zoie wasn't sure if his casual tone was a good indicator or not, but at the very least, he was agreeing with her. He also said he was going to take a rest, and Zoie realized just then how good sleep sounded. Heck, Worm or whoever was already sawing logs. Zoie fidgeted a bit looking at him.

"Yeah, I'm gonna nap, too." Zoie hid her second can of soup underneath her cot as best as she could, and then realized... her bedsheets were missing. Worm probably took them as supplement to his hammock. Figures. Well, it wasn't like she wasn't used to it. Zoie climbed into her cot and let some rest come to her...

Tavern - Vikki:

"Coffee? Of course. I'll have that right up." Vikki disappeared into the back room of the tavern, and several loud hisses could be heard. Perhaps a more efficient model for a steam-powered coffee machine was in order. A few minutes later, Vikki emerged with a mug of steaming brew. "Maybe you're giving our thieves too much credit, sweetheart. They chose to hide here, of all places. Most of us residents know the town like the backs of our hands, and escaping isn't an easy feat. Hiding out here if you were to ask me, is at the very least, a bad idea..."

Vikki held out her hand toward Rachel, waiting for payment. "That'll be a dollar, by the way."
Sleuth

GM Announcement

Post by Sleuth »

Hey guys. Seeing as this game is sorta dry but some of the users are still active, I was wondering if anyone would be up to moving this RP off-site to Vietnamese Noodles and continuing it there. Things would basically continue as is but just on another site. I'm also willing to kick up the pace a bit if you guys are interested in that, and maybe start up some events to get player interaction going.

Also, if you could, I'd like a general headcount on who's down to continue this at all.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

I'd be interested!
The Final but not so ending chapter.