Whodunnit: 12 Puzzles of Christmas Edition (Answer!)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Trybien
Spoken languages: English

Re: Whodunnit: 12 Puzzles of Christmas Edition (Ghost Hour!)

Post by Trybien »

Reecer wasn't killed by poison. The cleaner was used on something and held to his mouth yo knock him out, then was used to clean off the weapon.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Post by Jim Raynor »

Spoiler : Theory v.3 :
Raichu is the killer. Sponge is his accomplice.

You knocked out BP and Rune out in the Checkmark Room, dragged BP with the help of Sponge into the Hidden Passage, robbed BP of clothes by making him fully naked, used your machete that you found to chop him up into a piece of meat and used the chemicals seen at the Checkmark Room.

Next was Rune. Sponge knocked him out with the machete to make the bruise...after that you dragged his body to the piano and strangled him with the piano wire in the same room. After that, you two made your way back to the rooms you two were originally in.

Then Reecer was knocked out by Sponge and he used paper that had the cleaner chemical on it. You chopped him up and left him in a box in the furnace in the Garden. You also chopped up that dead business man to throw us off, after that, you cleaned the machete and put it near the furnace so it could be very hot.

Then came Raynor (Me). You chopped off my head, dragged my body to the Scissors room while you moved my head to the hole of the Checkmark side. You used the Machete for the bruises afterwards on my head and you switched my clothes with some other body and hanged me in that room.

Then was Hat. You poisoned Hat with the cleaner, tied the rope around Hat's neck, then you proceeded to bury Hat. That corner that didn't have snow was from when you used extra snow to bury Hat.

Second to last...Sponge lets TAR knock him out in the Star Room to drag him to the Leaf Room OR they both walk in the hidden passage to get to the Leaf Room. There TAR fills up one of the flowerpot with liquids (Possibly the same chemical that was used with the other murders). Sponge wakes up and attempts to choke TAR to death, but TAR was able to hit him with an unused flowerpot, when Sponge is about to fall down, TAR uses the flowerpot with the liquid to put on Sponge.

Finally...TAR killed himself by inhaling too much chemicals which caused him to die. (Joker gas, baby!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Spoiler : Theory :
Raichu is the killer. There is no accomplice.
BP and Rune were knocked out in the checkmark room. BP was dragged to the secret passage and chopped up with the machete.
Rune was knocked out with the handle of the machete. He was then dragged to the piano where a piano wire was used to strangle him.
Reecer was knocked out and chopped up. His body was put in the box and was put in the furnace. The dead business man was chopped up to throw everyone out.
Raynor's head was cut off. His body was dragged to the scissors room where his clothes were switched with that of a corpse. The bruises were caused when he and the other corpse were switched.
Then there is Hat. Hat was poisoned with cleaner, had a rope tied around her neck, and was buried in the garden.
Sponge was hit over the head with a flowerpot. He was dumped into a flowerpot full of bleach and was poisoned.
Tar died by inhaling too much of the chemicals.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

"Well I didn't pay attention but I gotta try something so it's not just like last time. Please understand. :chew: "
Spoiler : base theory property of jim :
Sponge is the killer. Raichu is his accomplice.

You knocked out BP and Rune out in the Checkmark Room, dragged BP into the Hidden Passage, robbed BP of clothes by making him fully naked, used your machete that you found to chop him up into a piece of meat and used the chemicals seen at the Checkmark Room.

Next was Rune. you knocked him out with the machete to make the bruise...after that you dragged his body to the piano and strangled him with the piano wire in the same room. After that, you two made your way back to the rooms you two were originally in. You either knocked out TAR or TAR pretended to be knocked out.

Then Reecer was knocked out by you with chemicals on a towel or something. You chopped him up and left him in a box in the furnace in the Garden. You also chopped up that dead business man to throw us off, after that, you cleaned the machete and put it near the furnace so it could be very hot.

Then came Raynor. You chopped off his head, dragged his body to the Scissors room while you moved his head to the hole of the Checkmark side. You used the Machete for the bruises afterwards on my head and you switched my clothes with some other body and hanged me in that room.

Then was Hat. You poisoned Hat with the clemicals, tied the rope around Hat's neck, then you proceeded to bury Hat. That corner that didn't have snow was from when you used extra snow to bury Hat.

Second to last...Sponge kills himself. First he allowed himself to get hit with a flower pot, then he died due to chemicals he'd planted himself.

Finally...TAR killed himself by inhaling too much chemicals which caused him to die. Might count as a kill by sponge because he was the one who planted the chemicals. So yeah.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Hat: VEEEERRRYYY close. 2 details wrong, one detail missing.

Rune: Not so much.
Jim Raynor

Post by Jim Raynor »

Spoiler : Theory v.9000 :
Raichu is the killer. There is no accomplice.
BP and Rune were knocked out in the checkmark room. BP was dragged to the secret passage and chopped up with the machete.
Rune was knocked out with the handle of the machete. He was then dragged to the piano where a piano wire was used to strangle him.
Then Reecer was knocked out by you with chemicals on a towel or something and chopped up. His body was put in the box and was put in the furnace. The dead business man was chopped up to throw everyone out.
Raynor's head was cut off. His body was dragged to the scissors room where his clothes were switched with that of a corpse. The bruises were caused when he and the other corpse were switched.
Then there is Hat. Hat was poisoned with cleaner, had a rope tied around her neck, and was buried in the garden.
Sponge was hit over the head with a flowerpot. He was dumped into a flowerpot full of bleach and was poisoned.
Tar died by inhaling too much of the chemicals.
Spoiler : OOC :
Sorry, need to borrow yours, TinyHat.

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Credit to Gumpei.

My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
Trybien

Re: Whodunnit: 12 Puzzles of Christmas Edition (Game Over)

Post by Trybien »

So close Jimmy, so flipping close, but no cigar. Shame. I was sure that the lot of you could do it. If on sponge stuck around till the end, I have no doubts it was to be solved. Sadly, that is not how it turned out this time... It is no joy of mine to inform you that it is..

GAME OVER...

Answer and awards should be up by the weekend at latest :D
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Spoiler : OoC :
Figured you guys wouldn't get those last two and one little detail on Reecer's death. All in all, though, it was pretty simple. I'm a little disappointed I'm not a Fury-level killer, but hey, he's had experience...
Jim Raynor

Post by Jim Raynor »

The Ash Raichu wrote:
Spoiler : OoC :
Figured you guys wouldn't get those last two and one little detail on Reecer's death. All in all, though, it was pretty simple. I'm a little disappointed I'm not a Fury-level killer, but hey, he's had experience...
Spoiler : OOC :
Well, I'm glad I actually had time to do some theories, so those other major stuff wouldn't matter to me now. And it felt good to use a blue truth as well. : D Sadly, Sponge was missing from all this, so this is what I could get out of this.

Credit to Gumpei.

Trybien

Re: Whodunnit: 12 Puzzles of Christmas Edition (Answer!)

Post by Trybien »

ANSWER IS NEAR
Well, specifically under this link!
Well my friends, it has been a blast these past two weeks (and a lot of late nights...), but I wouldn't trade these times in for the world. I hope you enjoyed the little castle of puzzles I made for you guys, and I hope you all had fun getting brutally murdered! And while the ghosts were unable to solve the mystery at the end, they were pretty darn close. Now to quit beating around the bush, lets get right to the moment you waited for!

Your beautiful killer was:
Spoiler : CLICK HERE :
TAR!
Your equally as beautiful accomplice was:
Spoiler : DON'T CLICK HERE :
NOBODY!
And your even beautifuller detective was
Spoiler : CLICK IF YOU WANT :
HAT!
Now for your wonderful murders!
Spoiler : BP :
First, I find BP. I'm not sure how creaky the floors are around here, so I put my weight against the wall and move slowly. I've tested this with my own creaky floors, and can confirm this works. I give BP a swift chop to the neck, aiming to knock him out. Give one to Rune, first, for good measure. After I knock out BP, I drag/carry him down to the Manga room entrance of the secret passage as well. That done, I make one last trip to the Chemical room to grab some cleaner. Three bottles, to be safe.

While he's out, I remove all of his clothes. Yes, all of them. I take my machete and chop his body into unrecognizable pulp. I leave the pulp there to serve as a warning that this is dangerous territory and you totally shouldn't be down here. Afterward, I clean my machete with the cleaner. I take BP's clothes and drop them next to Rune exactly where BP was standing. BP totally just vanished into thin air! ACE HOBO!

That done, I go through the Manga room secret passage entrance, closing the passage behind me with the tile, and move back to the Office. I also place the Office tile back where it was. End blackout.
Spoiler : RUNE :
Alright, I want to get someone in the Corpse room. Sponge is proving a valuable asset in puzzle solving, so I'll keep him in. Rune and Reecer don't seem to be doing too much, and Rune is much more of a threat when it comes to mysteries. Guess it doesn't matter with Ghostvestigations, but I still want Rune dead.

First, I take the secret passage from the Music room to the Corpse room, taking care to avoid stepping in BP's pulp. Since there are three people in the room, I'll just stealthily give Rune another chop to the neck and let him pass out. Sponge and Reecer should be able to hear Rune fall to the floor. I then drag him through the secret passage, again, looking to avoid BP's mess, back to the Music room. I replace both tiles on this second trip, obviously.

Next, I make sure the top of the piano is open, exposing the wires. I take my machete and slice about 10 of the wires of the low-pitched side of the piano out and take them. I wrap each wire tightly around Rune's neck, asphyxiating him. I take Rune's body and hide it inside the piano. I pocket the machete, and lay down on the floor in a way that makes it look like I got knocked out. End blackout.
Spoiler : REECER :
Sorry, like my last murders, this one's rather simple. If they do end up finding Rune, which at this rate seems unlikely, I'm using this as a fail safe.

My victim is going to be Reecer. The first thing I do is pour a small amount of cleaner onto one of my maps. I grab Reecer's head and press the map against his face, making him pass out shortly either from oxygen deprivation, or from the chemical, it doesn't matter. He should pass out into my arms. I then carry him into the Office.

Next, I whip out my trusty machete. I dice Reecer into pieces. Reece's Pieces, if you will. Fury didn't get to make the joke last time, so I sure as heck am going to! This'll be a gory mess, but I'm doing it over that bloodstain. I slice up the dead businessman to explain any extra gore. Now, I strip Reecer of his inventory and single out his big box. I lay the box on its side and use the shovel I picked up to maneuver the pieces into the box, so my hands don't get dirty. Lastly, I use a small amount of cleaner to clean the blade and shovel again. Depending on the size of the bottles, I should have used up about a bottle to a bottle and a half. I keep the box on me. I move back to where I was before the murder. End blackout.
Spoiler : JIM :
Next victim has to be Raynor.

First, I move to the garden and throw the box of Reecer into the furnace. Afterward, I slice all of the heads of the corpses off their bodies. Next, I find Raynor. I give him a chop to the neck to knock him out, and proceed to decapitate him as well. I take all of the heads for myself and hide them all in different places. Raynor's will be in the floor in the chemical room. This is also where I will be cleaning my machete, which is obviously what I used for all of the decapitations. The other 29 will be in the cabinets, in the safes, etc.

Raynor's corpse should still be with the other ones. I take a random corpse off of where it was and strip both that guy and Raynor of their clothes. I then switch the two so random corpse is dressed like Raynor and vice versa. I leave the one dressed as Raynor sitting against the wall, and actual Raynor is going to be where random dead guy was hanging. I also beat Raynor with my shovel some for good measure. Go back to cleaning room, use the last of my cleaner to clean the shovel. Discard cleaner into furnace. Move back to where I was. End blackout.
Spoiler : HAT :
Well, it's down to two. Next on the chopping block is TinyHat. I was talking with her and Raynor, and they agreed with me that Sponge was most suspicious, so I'm keeping him in for last.

First off, I go to the Chemical room. I grab a bottle and pour some on my remaining map. It just occurred to me that I never picked up a third! Whoops! Anyways, next, I find TinyHat. I do the same trick I pulled with Reecer, whispering so Sponge can't hear, "Hey, would you like a visit from the ether bunny?" (That line is just too good to not use.) That said, I also catch her body and carry her to the Leaf room. I open her mouth and force her to drink whatever was left in that bottle. Which was most of it.

Next, I take my rope and tie it around her neck tightly. I was originally going to try to hang her with it, but at one yard long? I wasn't going to push my luck. That should get the scent of chemical in the Leaf room. Next, I move her to the garden. I take my shovel and bury the body as deep as I can in there. She'll be buried on the east part of the garden. I also cover where I buried her with snow from the Northwest corner of the garden. Being respectful and sneaky at the same time!

I move back to where I was prior to the blackout. Blackout end.
Spoiler : Sponge/TAR :
Alright, not exactly a double murder, but kind of. I hope this will fly.

First, I move to the cleaner room. We've already established bleach is in there, and ammonia is used as cleaner, so it's not a stretch of the imagination to assume that's there as well. I take two bottles of bleach and two bottles of ammonia. Next, I go to the Leaf room. I take two of the empty flower pots. I fill one of them with bleach and one of them with ammonia. I crack open the door leading to the hall connecting to the Heart and Fleur de Lis rooms. I place the flower pot full of bleach on top of the door, like one of those bucket pranks. I lay the other flower pot on the ground, somewhere between five and six feet from the door. Lastly, I grab the spade in that room.

My trap set, I find Sponge via secret passage. I warn him to start running. He knows I'm the killer, so he should heed my warning. I chase him all the way to the Leaf room. As soon as he opens the door, the flower pot full of bleach will land on his head. He'll be disoriented, and so I'll push him into the flower pot full of ammonia. When bleach and ammonia combine, it creates Chlorine gas, which is highly toxic. I close the door and stay in the Leaf room. In Sponge's last moments of consciousness, I whisper to him, "Check the furnace."

End blackout with me in the Leaf room. Afterward, I will inhale the toxic gas and pass out, effectively killing me.
So whatcha think? Where you close? Or were you far off?

Now its time for everyone's favorite part! THE TROPHIES!
Spoiler : Sponge :
Lone Survivor: For Being the last survivor
Feeling Blue: For using a blue truth
The Climax: Enter the final room
Incorrect: Enter so many wrong answers into the first puzzle that a hint is given
Roasted: Grab the roast
Spoiler : Rune :
Clean Freak: Clean the entire floor in the checkmark room
Emoji Master: Prove your skills with speaking in emoji
Finally finding a friend: Find YuJo Friendship. (Which roughly translates to Friendship Friendship)
Sweet Tooth: Eat at least 2 candy canes
Spoiler : Jim :
True Guesstective: For providing the most wrong theories
Diabeetus: Dispense a questionable amount of candy canes
Destiny Draw: Using the heart of the cards, perform a destiny draw
Not so Scary: Become friends with the machete
Spoiler : Tar :
Feeling Dangerous: Win Without Accomplice
Truth be Told: Admit to being killer
Climax: Enter the final room
Prankster: Perform a prank on one of your victims
Spoiler : Reecer :
Hinty Fresh: For using a Hint Coin
Photo Finish: Make Lotta Hart proud and take ALL THE PICKS
I swear I saw it!: Catch a glimpse of the Chesire Cat
Talented: Impress the GM with you musical playing skills
Wait! How did you!: Solve the Fleur De Lis puzzle by yourself... aka the one that the GM though was the hardest O_O You deserve this award, seriously...
Wise Guy: Gain the not even trying pin!
Shinobi Way: Become a Nihilistic Christmas Ninja subordinate!
Spoiler : BP :
Shinobi Way: For becoming a Nihilistic Christmas Ninja!
Fluffed Vendetta: Destroy ALL of the stuffed animals in the Heart Room
Diabeetus: Dispense a questionable amount of candy canes
Truly a Marvel: Marvel at someones ability to speak in emojis
Pushing things to far: Push the button
Spoiler : Hat :
MVP: For being closest to the truth.
Feeling thirsty: Drink a whole ton of cleaning chemicals
Woman of few words: Don't get distracted by the superfluous and stay on task of finding the killer
Last edited by Trybien on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

But who was detective?
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

So, just an honest question, did anyone else enjoy the puzzles as much as I did, and who's down for keeping them as a permanent addition?
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

I feel like Whodunnit is a hard balance of puzzles and murdery fun times. Mind my inexperience, as this was only my second round, but I feel like both this round and the last round were a bit puzzle-centric. I feel like it should be okay to have them, but they shouldn't be taking up the spotlight.

I have a round in the works that I hope strikes a balance. Who knows, though? It might be just like the last couple of rounds...
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Puzzles have been around for a while, though in earlier rounds they're mostly there to hide items/places a little better and make things interesting.
Though watching people be more concerned with puzzles than the killer is pretty entertaining as well.