[CARR] The Den of Deception

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: [CARR] The Den of Deception

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : Rune :
Blaze lifts the Anubis statue up from the pedestal and tries to mess with it a bit, but nothing happens.

He then opens up the caskets to find layers and layers of spikes in both the front and back lid of each.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Spoiler : :
A dubious collection. I have a bad feeling about this room.

Blaze moves on. Next stop: the lounge.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

A small rectangular white rug is place on top of the dark hardwood floors. On each side of the rug is a black sofa with some pillows, along with a matching armchair. There’s also a small table with a lamp and a potted plant. The center section of the east wall seems to be made of stone, with shelves set into the wall on each side. On the shelves are some decorative items like plates and empty vases. The stone wall has a fireplace on the lower part, elevated above the ground. A plaque is set above the fireplace. A suit of armor holding a large axe stands in the southwest corner. On the west wall is a painting of a buxom woman looming out the dark background, nonchalantly holding a short, blunt sword in her right hand. A grotesque servant woman crouches to the left of the image. Along the bottom of the painting seems to be someone laying in a bed, but you can’t see their head. In about the center of the room is another statue, of a majestic horse with a single horn protruding from its forehead.

Rachel is sitting on the sofa, reading a book. She gives Blaze a small greeting as he enters.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

After giving a small greeting back, Blaze walks towards the fireplace to give the plaque a closer look.

While doing so, he audibly notes to the other person in the room: "At a time like this? Must be a really interesting book."
RedeyesofDN
Spoken languages: English

Post by RedeyesofDN »

I curtsy slightly. "It's a pleasure to formally meet you, my name is Rebecca. I understand if you're busy, Mr. Engel, but I'm wondering if you could answer a few questions I have surrounding the estate and your former Master." I start to close the distance between us, trying to see if I can slyly make out anything on the desk. "I hope you can answer a few questions we may have. Would that be too much?"
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

The plaque is about a medium size, although maybe a bit on the larger size. Which is surprising, considering only a few words are inscribed. The plaque is a rectangular piece of dark wood, with a slightly smaller plate of stainless steel attached to the wood with four screws, one in each corner. The words "Audentis Fortuna iuvat" are etched onto the steel.

Rachel doesn't seem to pay much mind to Blaze's comment.
Spoiler : RE+NN :
The electronic device looks like a voice recorder, but you can't make out what any of the papers are.

"Of course not," Christian replies.
RedeyesofDN

Post by RedeyesofDN »

"Thank you for your cooperation. I know it must be hard on you." I walk over to the shelf, eyeing the bookcase, more particularly the safe. "I'd like for you start with a little about what it was like serving someone like the late Mr. Levine. I'd imagine, from what I've seen of his own estate, he must have had somewhat of a personalty."
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

The bookshelves are filled with non-fiction books on all sorts of subjects. The safe has a large, sturdy-looking dial-type lock.

"Yes... I suppose he did," Christian remarked. "I knew Master Daniel for a very long time, even when I started working for him. He could be quite... particular about certain things, but I knew him well enough that it was not a problem."
RedeyesofDN

Post by RedeyesofDN »

"And how long did you know him, exactly?"
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"Ever since I was a young man," Christian replies. "Which I'm sure you can tell was, as I said, a long time ago."
RedeyesofDN

Post by RedeyesofDN »

"Perfect." I give a slight smile, running my hands behind my back, giving an almost giddy look. "Maybe you could tell me then. What kind of person was Mr. Levine before you started working for him?" I think about it a second. "Any changes across his life that you found noteworthy?"
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Christian leaned back in the chair, considering the question. "...People change gradually. So slowly, you don't even notice. From the moment I met him, I was able to notice the spark of brilliance within him. He also always had a presence of austerity, although I suppose he grew into that a bit. The most noteworthy change in his life that I noticed, however... was probably when he met Clover. I think she may have been the only person who could get Master Daniel to drop the curtains.