[QUEEN] The Den of Deception

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [QUEEN] The Den of Deception

Post by Enthalpy »

Spoiler : Living Room (Paloma, Mustard) :
By the time he asked the question, Paloma had stopped examining the center of the explosion and had joined him at the wall, a step or two behind him. "It's too soon to say anything now. I'm curious, however, as to just how this explosion happened."
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : Living Room :
The north side of the room has the epicenter of the explosion. You approach carefully, but the ground seems to still hold. There is a darkened indentation on the ground that likely demarcates the center of the explosion. Pretty much nothing is left in this spot, and the damage seems to get less severe the further from this spot you move. This makes it hard to tell what, if anything, was here before.

There are patches of ivy along the side of the building, although they don't go down the cliff. They are around some of the windows, so they could be reached from those, but there isn't a patch reachable from this room. The patches are big enough to maneuver around, but you obviously can't tell how sturdy they are just from looking at them.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Not moving from her current spot, Paloma checks if she can make out the outline of the indentation.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

It's a rough circular shape.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

For some reason, Paloma starts scanning the ceiling, looking for... who knows what?
Toatali
Spoken languages: English

Post by Toatali »

Spoiler : Paloma, Mustard :
Mustard looked at Paloma examining the ceiling, but brushed it off. He instead examined what remained of the intact furniture, pulling open drawers and crouching down, hoping to find something of interest.
Read my blog (it's really good (well, not really good, but... (it's alright, to be honest (Look, it's shit, but do me a solid, ok?))))
toatalireviews.wordpress.com
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

When she hears the drawers open, Paloma stops scanning the ceiling and puts all her attention on watching the Colonel's investigation.
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Spoiler : Laundry Room :
"Ah, hello there. You must be the maid. I'm one of the detectives, Erik Rudo." Hmm, now would be a good time to ask a question or two... "Since we have a chance to talk, do you mind if I ask about what you know about the case? The inheritance riddle, I mean." Well, duh, which other case would I--

Before he could finish that thought, two crossed his mind; the explosion, and that the other two were separated from him. Or, rather, he was separated from them.

It would be best if I go find them, then... But I must talk to the maid, first.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

The ceiling on the norther part has been blown away, so all Paloma sees is the overcast sky. On the southern part is... just regular ceiling.

The cabinets have some glass walls, letting you see inside them. The cabinets closer to the north had the glass blown in, also toppling the decorative art objects inside. Farther down, the outside of the cabinets were ruined and scorched, while the interior objects seem to be okay. While most of it seems to be random decorations, there are also some books, and some bundles of documents related to the estate, although leafing through them yields nothing of note or interest.
"I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, but I know how helpful my answers will be for the riddle," Nao said as she returned to the laundry. "We all tried our best, but weren't able to make any progress, which is why we called you."
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

"Well, just because you haven't made any progress, that doesn't mean you can't be helpful now! Any piece of information you might have can be useful, no matter how insignificant it may appear to be. That said... Firstly, even though I've also asked the butler about that, I want you to tell me about Daniel; what kind of personality he had, if he got along well with members of the family, or even if something strange happened. And, please, I want you to be honest. I'm not going to judge you for anything bad about him you might say."

After finishing that sentence, he remembered the riddle. Well, one thing's for certain, I'm not the Arbiter mentioned there. He notices that he has taken a smug smile, so he quickly returns to looking "professional". Hmm, not having to work with people around was easier... I should try to look more professional here. I don't want them to have second thoughts about me because I couldn't be... normal.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

"It seems that there isn't much here to see," muses Paloma. She glances at the overturned chess table expecting a Naitou-sama reference.
Toatali
Spoken languages: English

Post by Toatali »

"What a shame this all is. What a bloody waste. Shame there isn't more to see here, we might have to report back to that fringed detective and tell him what we've found." Mustard picks up some of the documents pertaining to the estate and pockets them. "Oddly, I can't see any sign of a statue here. All the other rooms had one. What makes this one different? I'd imagine a Cerberus statue would look better here than it the breakfast room."
Read my blog (it's really good (well, not really good, but... (it's alright, to be honest (Look, it's shit, but do me a solid, ok?))))
toatalireviews.wordpress.com
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : Nicky :
"Yes, I understand that we may have important information. I just don't anything about the riddle itself," Nao said. Anyway, he was… a very respectable man. As an employer, he was precise and fair. He was quite stern when it came to making sure his orders were carried out, but always reasonable in his demands. At heart, he was really an introvert, as you can probably tell from the fact that he built a mansion like this out here. But he could turn into a dazzling showman at the drop of a dime, and become the center of attention in any crowd. …Of course, this was what he was like before he became ill. The past few months, he…" Nao paused, and took a deep breath. "S-Sorry. I hate to talk about him like this, especially so soon after… everything. Suffice to say, he was only a shadow of his former self."
Spoiler : Enth+Toats :
The chess table is a table made from a heavy, dark wood, with the board supported by a single elegantly carved pole upon a square base. The table also has two drawers, one on each side. The top, naturally, contains an eight by eight checkered grid. You don't see any chess pieces.

Boring documents acquired.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma eyes the Colonel as he pockets the documents.

"I'm not seeing much here either." She looks at the chessboard for a moment, as if thinking of something, but then turns back to the darkened spot, the apparent center of the explosion. How big is the dark spot?
Spoiler : Inner Monologue (GM, Spectators ONLY) :
Is he a kleptomaniac?! I can understand wanting documents about the house, but those just look useless... Perhaps he's just not good at the job. I'd believe that. Still, I hope he at least tells the police about this. Of all the rooms to take something from, it had to be the room where the explosion happened.
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

"I see... I'm sorry, I admit I could have said that differently." Erik took that as a sign to change the topic, and frowned for a bit, but quickly erased that from his face and replaced it with a rather expressionless face.

Well, she gave almost the same answer as the butler. It appears that Daniel wasn't that heartless employer. But he illness changed him, like he was rebor-- After that thought, a chain of thoughts began in Erik's mind. Rebirth -> Phoenix -> Ashes -> Explosion! Having been reminded twice in the same room that he was separated from the other detectives, and quite without a reason, he decided it was time to meet up.

With a mildly shocked expression, he explains to the maid, "E-Excuse my rudeness for ending this conversation abruptly, but I must meet up with the other detectives."

He then rushed out of the room, heading towards the Living Room. That's definitely where they are!

He had no intention to speak to others, he would simply say "Hello" or "I need to meet up with the detectives", if he happened to come across someone that needed him.
Spoiler : Foyer :
On the way to the Living Room, he stopped at the Foyer. He remembered that Rachel had left from the Kitchen when the alarm struck. I must definitely convince them to come here later, or have them explain their findings when we share what we've found. Wh-Which reminds me I've found virtually nothing. I'll have to hear it from them both... *sigh*

He continued his way towards the Living Room.
When he finally reached the Living Room, he caught his breath a bit and he checked whether the other two detectives where inside, and what they were doing.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage