[RP] Town of the Extraordinary (RP Start!)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Town of the Extraordinary (RP Start!)

Post by Sleuth »

Glacherie's Truck:

One window and a locked freezer, Oscar replied snarkily in his head. Channeling his power, his nose suddenly shot forward, becoming a swordfish's spear that punched a hole right into the freezer. His nose quickly returned to normal, leaving a streak of ice cream across the tip of his schnoz.

He picked out a scoop and a cone, and quickly produced the two cones. Mint and strawberry. Well, probably-- They weren't labelled, but who cares. Oscar turned around with a grin, holding the two cones.

"You know what, just for you guys... These ones are on the house." Oscar said-- With that, he suddenly flung both cones directly into Mr. Michuru's face, and snatched the wallet out of his hands.

"Pleasure doing business with you!" He cried, hitting the gas.

St. Martha's Barthas:

"I-I didn't mean to imply anything!" Leslie said, hurriedly backtracking on her words. "I'm sorry, it's just--! I mean... I haven't really met many other supers! I didn't know any back where I used to live, so... I mean..."

Guh, she was a mess. She self-consciously tried to hold her bits in place.

"...I don't really have the best control of my powers yet." Leslie said sheepishly, "So I mean... Sorry for getting in your way. But, I'm sorta glad I bumped into you, you know? I think we supers should stick together."

She stuck out her hand slowly. "My name's Leslie. Leslie Van Kaan... Nice to meet you."

Wait but if I touch her wont I get stuck agai

"Oh um" Leslie pulled back her hand, "Maybe shaking is a bad idea"
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Speeding Down the Same Sidewalk Previously Mentioned

As it was punched, the duck dissipated, ending its short existence even though it wasn't exactly sentient, before taking form once more. Was this the same duck from before, or an entirely different one? Well, it would depend on who you asked, but that's a story for another time.

The second duck, or perhaps still the first duck, flew toward the criminal captain, before splashing harmlessly to the ground, once again its existence short-lived. The captain, having seen all this, began to think. She was able to send the duck back to her, but smaller, and had an oddly sized hand. What sort of ability might make use of both of these?

"Avast, ye bilge rat! I told ye to shove off!" Captain Harpoon shouted back once more, narrowly avoiding fire hydrants and street signs as she continued her escape. The hydrants would be useful if she could afford to stop at this point and had thought to bring a wrench, but neither was the case at the moment. Her current course of action would have to be either to outrun or exhaust her pursuer or find some way to get them off her trail.

"The bloody nerve of ye to try and plunder the plunderer! They call me scourge of the seven seas for a reason!" The captain exclaimed, though she seemed more like the scourge of the seven sidewalks right now, and there didn't seem to be any seas anywhere nearby. An inaccurate nickname, though a good one, she had decided. For now, she would continue to sprint.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : @Hess and @VGBM :
Both accepted. Your stories begin.
City Square

Blockade crashed through the vanilla and into the wall behind Glacherie. The wall was destroyed, leaving rubble and broken inner wiring strewn about the wreckage. People inside the building, now visible through the massive hole, were left running and screaming as they fled the scene. Blockade, meanwhile, was more upset than ever.

"GrrrraaaAAAAAURGH! DAMN YOOOOU!" He reproportioned himself to normal, and began pulling at the vanilla ice cream that found itself warping around his body. "GET THIS CRAP OFF OF MEEEE!"

He glared at the ice cream girl, furious. "Fine then...if you're gonna harden this crap around me, I guess I'm not left with much choice..."

Blockade rose his fist into the air, and it began to grow. "I'll take you out before you get the chance...!" It grew more, and more. The rest of his body was beginning to shrink as all his mass was distributed towards his fist. Soon, the fist was bigger than he was, even as the vanilla ice cream began to grow dense around him.

"I'll crush you!" he shouted, though his smaller body was making it harder to hear his voice; it was starting to get kinda...squeaky. But regardless, his fist slammed on the ground, the now massive turbine in his elbow facing away from Glacherie. "This is the final strike!" the tiny voice shouted out. "EEEEEEEAT THIIIIIIIS!" The turbine began to rev up, the massive rocket-fist aimed straight towards Glacherie. If it hit full power, it'd shoot forward too fast to dodge properly, and with enough strength to destroy a good few buildings behind the Super. Was this the end...?

"You're right, Blockade...this IS the final strike! FOR YOU!"

From the broken wiring in the building behind Blockade, an electrical current began to grow out of control. And from that current...a man appeared.

"WHAT?!" the squeaky supervillain shouted in surprise.

The electricity shooting from the wiring weaved itself together into the form of a large, muscular man in white and blue spandex. A blue visor covered his eyes, but the blond bolt of hair falling from his forehead was unmistakable. He crossed his arms and smirked at Blockade as he formed.

"O-Oh crap-! V-V-V...!" The turbine terror seemed terrified himself.

"That's right!" the electric man proclaimed. "It's...VOLT MAXIM!"

Blockade's turbines were kicking in, but it was too late for him. The hero known as Volt Maxim, with his impressive musculature, grabbed the massive fist with both his hands and lifted it upwards. Instead of pointing towards Glacherie...he was pointing towards the sky.

"Have a nice trip!" Volt Maxim said with a salute.

"Oh shi-!" The villain shot up towards the sky, like a rocket ship. The ice cream hardened around him, hindering his ability to shift back into a more manageable size, leaving him flying through the sky...and out of sight.

"Pheeeeeeeeew! That was close!" Volt Maxim was chuckling to himself as he looked up to the sky. "Like, wow, real good timing there. It took me a while to get here and all, and I had to wait for him to be in position...I mean, I could've taken him if we fought face-to-face, but I've had kind of a rough morning and it really wouldn't have been a lotta fun, you know? But man, PHEW, that was an exciting few seconds there! Was my punchline cool? I hope so. DV usually tells me not to do that cuz I suck at it, but like...I think I nailed that one, right? I think so. Wow he is not coming back down anywhere near here, is he...?"

The...overexcited superhero turned towards Glacherie and Sara, putting his fists on his hips. "You two! Niiiice out there! I was watching. You know, from like...a telephone pole. Took me some time to stealth over here in the cables and stuff, but I saw you two working your stuff out there. Ice cream powers, that's a new one! I really like it. Got a lot of flavor to it, you know? Heh heh...I-I'm sorry, that wasn't funny. And that crude cloning thing was pretty cool, too!"

The hero chuckled to himself, but suddenly stopped and blushed. "O-Oh no! I uh, forgot to actually introduce myself. Uuuh...ahem, yes! I am the great superhero by the name of VOLT MAXIM! O-Or something like that. Uuuh...nice to meet you!"

He extended his gloved hands for shaking towards the two girls. He had a big silly grin across his face.

The villain known as Blockade was...defeated, probably?

----

Prison

Atop the rooftop of the Proprius High Security Prison, a woman stood. She wore a shoulderless suit of spandex with a rainbow prism across her chest, and a visor over her eyes and forehead that seemed almost crystalline. She stood with one hand against the forehead of her visor, as if she was struggling to look into the distance at something. A crowd below gathered and were taking photos of the woman, murmuring the words "Double Vision" to each other. The woman didn't seem to pay them any mind.

Suddenly, the woman caught something in her eye. In the distance, a large copper fist was shooting into the sky, a trail of smoke following beneath it. "Well I'll be damned...he actually managed it."

She waited for a moment for the jets shooting the fist upwards to stop. When they finally did, and the copper fist (also known as Blockade) began to descend, the woman sprang into action. She shot her fist forward...and another her split from her body, and grabbed the arm. And another shot out of that one. And another, and another, until a literal chain of the woman shot into the air towards the falling Blockade. This continued until one of the clones was able to reach the descending Blockade, at which point a clone grabbed him from the air...and they all began to snap back towards the original. One by one they vanished into her, dragging Blockade back towards the prison, until the villain, trapped in a hard shell of ice cream with his one massive fist, was stuck alone on the roof with a single woman known as Double Vision. Two more sets of arms sprang from her own, and those arms grabbed Blockade to hold him down.

"Villain," she said, "you're under arrest."

Blockade growled at her. "What, no big joke to tell to send me off?"

"Honestly," she shrugged, "you're too boring to think of a good one."

The villain looked...actually offended by this. And so he was carried off into the prison, without even a punchline to send him on his way, as the crowd around celebrated and cheered.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

City Square - Glachérie

Glachérie kept her cool as Blockade got angrier. Even as he transferred most of his mass to his fist, she stayed calm and stood her ground. Even as the doubts and fears plagued her mind, she showed no weakness. These people were counting on her to save the day, and that was what she was going to do, even if it seemed like there was no way she was getting out of this alive. But just as it seemed the climactic clash for this battle was about to happen, Glachérie saw another hero emerge from the telephone wire. It was none other than the popular super hero of Proprius, Volt Maxim. The electrified muscle man, (who had a very cute hairstyle, Glachérie noticed) made short work of Blockade, using the villain's own power against him and sending him flying away, unable to do anything as the ice cream finally solidified. All she could really do was watch and stare in disbelief.

As Volt turned to talk to her and one other hero, who Glachérie was unaware of this entire time, she caught herself still staring at the hero and his attractive muscles. When Volt Maxim extended his hands for a handshake, Glachérie gladly took one of them and shook it, perhaps a little too eagerly. She tried not to look at his muscles too much. She composed herself and began laughing it off.

"Hon hon hon! That was a good one, but I personally would have said 'You got your just desserts, mon cheri!', and walked away." she told him, perhaps laughing a little too hard. Was she still shaking his hand? Yes, yes she was. The way he was speaking contrasted his physique so much that she found it kind of cute in a way. Heroic man with big muscles stuttering and acting sheepish? She couldn't help but giggle.

"Oh, where are my manners!" she said, letting go of Volt's hands. She took her silver scoop and spun it around in her hand, expertly scooping up ice cream from the container at her belt and putting it on a cone before striking another pose.

"Je m'apelle Glachérie! The Delightful Dessert Darling that serves justice, a la mode!" her voice was alluringly sweet as she introduced herself. She offered the cone of vanilla ice cream towards Volt Maxim. "Would you like some, darling?"

Seems like the ice cream heroine was so enamored with Volt that she completely didn't notice the other girl with her.
DSY

Post by DSY »

City Square

Any minute now it'd all be over. Just please don't let me die, was going through poor Sara's mind.

It was about all she could focus on, so much so she didn't even seem to notice the fight end until she braved another look over the rubble.

Flying off into the air was a giant mass that seemed to be the villain Blockade, flying off into the distance to who knows and who cares.

Sara breaths out a soft sigh of relief before sheepishly picking herself up and making way to where she stored her backpack.

Secretly of course. Sara had no desire to be here any longer than she needed too, and could only hope no one saw her at all. Like a shadow, just in and out without a word.

"You two! Niiiice out there! I was watching..."

.......I minor set back, with any luck he didn't see..

"...And that crude cloning thing was pretty cool, too!"

Of course he saw my power. And of course he thought it'd be a good idea to announce it.

Because of course he did.

-----

Sara's hands tighten to fists and without thinking, she picks up a near by rock and throws it at Volt...... missing him completely but still hitting a near by wall. *THUNK*

That was probably a mistake, was all she could think before turning red faced and jumping down to hid herself.

Why today? She thought, crawling to the broken bench she started at.

------------

After checking to make sure no one was near by, Sara quickly returned to her normal clothes.

She hid her mask in her backpack, put her hoodie back on and tied up her hair once more before scooping up her lunchbox and storing it away too.

Finally she thought, I can put this mess behind me and....OH GOD, was it that late already!?

Her school was going to chew her right on out for this mess... so Sara figured it was time to get out of dodge!

She ran away from the wrecked up square, no longer caring if anyone saw her since she was now in civilian clothing.

And the fact of her missing Lunchbox cover was just something she'd have to worry about later.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

St. Martha's Hallways - Soul:

Soul looked at Leslie's hand in contempt for a bit before she retracted it. Shaking was a bad idea, especially considering she was sometimes painfully cold to the touch.

"...Quite." That was all Soul could say before turning away and letting loose another foggy sigh. "You... er- probably don't want to be around me as much as you think. I'm... not fun... to be around..." Soul trailed off a bit before refocusing on Leslie. "In any case, you may call me Miss Sawachika. We can pretend we shook hands." Soul turned back around and started back toward her class without so much as a wave goodbye.

Nice Cream Man - Anabelle:

"DAGH-!" Mr. Michuru recoiled and yelped as the two scoops of ice cream hit him in the eyes. Mrs. Michuru and Anabelle both gasped as Oscar snatched the father's wallet. White grains could be seen being expelled from Anabelle's face, arms, and legs. Mrs. Michuru rushed up to her husband, still somewhat shocked.

"Honey, are you okay?! Someone get the license on the truck!"

Anabelle, while scared, knew exactly what to do. Most children watched Saturday morning cartoons for entertainment, and Anabelle was no exception. Though in her case, they were training her for a moment like this. The truck would undoubtedly take about a second to get moving, so she had to think fast. Anabelle started concentrating hard. The white grains pushed themselves toward one of the truck's tires, where they molded together to form a sticky, stretchy substance. A thin layer of taffy partially coated one of the truck's tires, as well as a portion of the ground. If Anabelle was right, the truck was now completely incapable of moving, meaning the weird guy wearing lipstick would absolutely have to listen to the next thing she had to say:

"Give it back!"

City Center - Captain Continent:

"Uh- Yeah. That'll show ya." The golem grumbled as his bravado proved completely worthless. He watched the conversation between Volt and that ice cream chick disinterestedly, catching sight of some civilian girl in a yellow hoodie walking away. He didn't know what the hell she was doing there, and honestly, he wasn't sure he cared, as long as she was safe. Speaking of making sure people were safe... He looked back toward his van, which was still parked there. Stomping over, he saw... and he growled.

"What the hell are you all still doing here?! Why the f*** didn't you split?!"

"C'mon, man. Like we'd miss you throwing down against someone like that! That would've been f***ing sweet! We're here for you, bro!"

"Ugh, f*** that! You could've been f***in' killed out there! Ya wanna 'support' me or whatever the hell you try to sugarcoat it as, move far as hell away as you can when I get into a tussle, got it?! S*** gets ugly, and if I lose you, I'm out of a f***in' job!"

"Well, sheesh, that just sounds selfish of you..." The second guitarist remarked as she threw back a bottle of alcohol.

"Well, I'm lookin' out for ya, ain't I? Listen. I'm not f***in' around. Next time I get in some s***, you scram. Capiche? Good." Molotov didn't even wait for an answer before stomping off to rejoin Volt and Glachérie. "Volt, you motherf***er!" As angry as his words were, his tone and expression suggested that might just be how he greeted an old friend, or at the very least, someone he respected. He gestured toward the Dairy Defender. "Who's this? Yer girlfriend or somethin'?"

The Lucy's Lovers van continued to stay there. Molotov said nothing about when he wasn't fighting anyone, after all...
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : OOC :
okay i legit didn't notice Molotov was in the Blockade scene until just now, I thought he was after the truck. i am so sorry.
City Center

"Ha ha, I guess that'd work, thooough I don't think it'd be as funny for an electromancer," Volt replied to Glacherie's pun. "And uh...n-no thanks, I think I'm good on ice cream today. I'm uh...full. A-Anyway, Glacherie, huh? You've got some impressive powers there! Both of you do. I'd really like to see how-"

A rock missed Volt's head completely and clanked against a wall. He looked down at it, then back towards Sara....whoooo was gone.

"Huh. Weird way of saying no. Is that a foreign thing or...? Ah well. Anyway, Glacherie, I'm actually looking for-"

Then Captain Continent said hi to him. In a very...Captain Continent way.

"SSSsssshhhhHHHHHH!!!" Volt quickly turned towards his comrade with finger to his mouth and an annoyed tone. "Don't SWEAR, Cap! You know how much I HATE that! It's so...so...s-so 1980s superhero, you know?! I thought we could move past that!" He sighed. "And NO, she's not my girlfriend and you know that. I didn't even realize you were here already..."

Volt turned back towards Glacherie. "Uh, sorry. This is my comrade, Captain Continent. Anyway, I was hoping to ask you something! See, the two of us actually work for...I guess it's kinda like a club? An organization? Well, whatever you wanna call it, we're part of a group and we're looking for promising superheroes to help us out. It involves fighting off the forces of evil and...well, basically stuff like what you were doing out there!" Volt put his fists on his hips and gave a big grin. "Maybe you'd be interested in joining our cause? I'll explain more if you are."

Ha! I'm totally getting a new recruit. Sis is gonna be sooo jealous when she finds out...

----

Atop a Building

"My, my. He went absolutely soaring."

Standing atop a rooftop was a man clad in black and gray, shaded beneath a dark umbrella. He was looking through a pair of binoculars and leaning against the edge of the roof, where a glass of wine was precariously placed down. He seemed to be staring in the direction of the prison.

"I guess I didn't expect much out of Blockhead," he said to himself, "but I expected at least a little...I don't know, longer. Something a bit more substantial. He destroyed what, one shop? Two tops? And a bit of a wall. Yet he finds himself bested by ice cream and a little leverage. Hmph. Oh well, c'est la vie! Null's man-monkey sunk his little pot-shot and sissy dearest cleans the aftermath, same old same old."

The man turned his binoculars the opposite direction, towards the scene of the battle. "Ugh...and there's Sparkster fraternizing with the ice cream woman already. Not even patient enough to let me have a crack at it, are you? How rude! Seriously, big hero man can't even wait his turn. I wanted to call Dibs. Mmhmhehe...it's funny because it's a brand of ice cream, and she's...Ugh, I'm explaining the jokes to myself. This is why I need more recruitments, punchlines are dreadfully dull when lonely."

The man lowered his binoculars. "Oh well." He grinned a sharp grin. "The small-fry may be a bust, but I have a good feeling about today. I think that maybe...I might go for a stroll."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Spoiler : Application - James Lark :
Username: Alnar
Character Name: James Connor Lark
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance: James is a white man of average height and weight. His black hair is mostly well-groomed, having a few stray locks curling out of place that show signs of premature-graying from stress, thus he has a few gray streaks here and there. He also has well-kept stubble growing up to the sides of his cheeks. James doesn’t seem to smile often and always looks equal parts tired and serious with his black eyes.

James Lark dresses nicely for an investigative journalist. He wears a solid black dress shirt underneath a dark charcoal gray vest. His matching slacks are held up by dark brown leather suspenders which go over his vest. Though not seen most of the time, he wears fun socks. His dark brown dress shoes are well-polished. Other things to note are that he wears an emerald green plaid tie held in place by a tie bar. He also has a few pens in his vest’s chest pocket, one of the notable ones having a cute fluffy dog click pen. James is always seen wearing black ear muffs when he’s walking through loud places.

Backstory: As a child, James lived a quiet and fairly average life. He mostly preferred staying at home, never really going outside because he was not comfortable with the crowds and the noise of the city. In school he didn’t seem interested in making friends because he found himself uncomfortable and annoyed at how rowdy kids his age were. There were a few bearable people, but he didn’t really extend an effort to make friends. He just let things happen as they did. That pretty much sums up his life, letting things take their course naturally.

His hobbies included reading and writing, something that stuck with him as he grew older. Ironically, given his disposition towards noise, he ended up graduating as a journalist. Even more so when the specific field he’s tasked with is Supers. The stress it has placed on him since then was noticeable, taking a toll on his appearance. Yet he seems to derive some sort of inexplicable sense of purpose in his job and hasn’t really thought about other options. As usual, he just lets his life take its course and tries to live like a normal human being would in his situation.

Personality: James is a man who lives his life and does his job as he’s supposed to. Outside of interviews, he’s not one to talk much and mostly prefers to keep to himself unless interaction is required. Typically indifferent about many things. He doesn’t like conflict, or at least, being physically involved in conflict. Really, all James really seems to care about is waking up, going to work, going home, and sleeping. In other words, he wants to be average in a world that isn’t. He doesn’t really seem to mind. He likes quiet and peaceful places over busy and loud ones and usually wears a set of ear muffs to dull the noise.
Superpower: ??? - If he even has one he's doing a really good job of hiding it.
Miscellaneous: As an investigative journalist, James is mostly known for an exposé he did on a superhero fraud. James has a large collection of books and notebooks both empty and written. James has never lost a game of poker in his life.
City Square - Glachérie

Glachérie, disappointed in being declined, pouted and tossed the ice cream aside, which promptly exploded into a steaming hot fudge mess over a pile of rubble. To an outside perspective, the way this was so casually done was almost terrifying. Would that have exploded in Volt's face if he had eaten it? Only Glachérie knows.

She gave a confused glance at the girl who threw a rock at Volt, but ultimately didn't really pay much thought to it because 1. It missed Volt and 2. The girl just walked away without a word. It was rude of the girl and Glachérie probably would have had something to say had the rock actually hit but now there was someone screaming a number of obscenities that pulled her attention away from everything else.

"My my, such language you have, Capitaine." she said, feigning offense by placing her hand on her chest, before quickly dispelling it with a silly giggle. "But you make me blush, to think that someone believes me to be Volt's girlfriend, ahuhu~" Did she just wink while saying that?

Upon hearing Volt's explanation and offer, Glachérie put some thought into. "Hmmmm, let me think about it, Sparky." she said, backing away for a second and sizing up the two heroes in front of her. It was clear that she took this offer seriously, as even her tone and demeanor changed from her usual sweetness.

Though she's been fighting crime for some time now, she never really sought the fame and recognition that came with it. However, Blockade was the biggest threat she's ever went up against and she had to admit, it was pretty terrifying. Underneath that cool and dazzling showmanship, she felt those few moments where her life was actually in danger. It was not a nice feeling. However, she had this sense of duty to protect the town with her powers, and if joining some Hero Club was going to help her accomplish that, then...

"...You have my interest. Tell me more, mon cheri." she said, poking her scoop in Volt's direction. "I've been doing my own thing for awhile now, protecting this city for my own reasons. I've had little trouble, as you can see, I'm a very crafty woman. Would joining your little club really change much?"
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : @Alnar :
Will post IC later. App accepted, your story begins.

Alnar

Post by Alnar »

The Morning of James Connor Lark

*riiiiiiiing*

James was roused from his slumber by the sudden sound of an alarm. He lay there in bed rubbing what little sleep he was able to get last night and breathed in deeply. The perpetual ringing was not something he liked waking up to. He stretched out his arm and slammed it down on the digital clock beside his bed in an effort to put an end to the annoyance.

*BAM*

Silen -

*riiiiiiiing*

That wasn't right.

Come to think of it, James never sets an alarm to wake him up. The sound was coming from the old Nokia phone on the side table. Which wasn't normal either. He never gets phone calls so early in the morning on a normal day. This was not a normal day. Who would even be calling him right now? James almost didn't want to answer.

*riiiiiiiing*

James groaned, looks like the ringing wasn't going to stop anytime soon. He pulled himself out from the covers and took the small, sturdy phone in his hand.

11 unread messages.

That couldn't be good.

With a sigh he finally answered the phone and put it to his ear.

"James Lark." he said in complete monotone, lacking any form of energy.

"Is very late late LATE!" yelled the voice on the other end. He reflexively pulled the phone away from his ear. The voice was that of a woman, a familiar one at that. It was the voice of his boss at the local news firm he worked for. He could almost hear how upset she was right now, but he didn't really pay much thought to it. Instead, he glanced at the digital clock to check what time it was. It was indeed much later than he thought, as it was way past the time he usually woke up.

"Mmm," he hummed, scratching the stubble on his chin. "Right." he yawned.

"Right? James, ya slept through a superfight! Don'tcha right me! Get'cha ass outta bed and go cover it! A-S-A-P!" she yelled, only getting more upset with how James responded. It was quite clear to him that she wasn't happy right now.

"Yes, sorry for the inconvenience, I'll get right to it." he replied, completely lacking any sense of urgency in his tone. He heard the sound of a hand slamming down on a wooden desk knocking over a pencil holder, a few pens, and a ceramic coffee mug.

"Oh ya bet ya will! I've already got a crew waitin' for ya at the scene. Now go go go ya lark!" she yelled one last time before hanging up the phone.

*beep*

Finally, some quiet. James put down the phone and gave one last big yawn before he got out of bed to start his morning rituals. He went to the bathroom to take a nice cold shower to wake himself up and chase away the last bits of drowsiness he was feeling. He brushed his teeth for a straight minute and fixed his hair in the mirror, carefully grooming it as he did each morning, leaving the few curls that refused to stay in place. When he finished, he got dressed in his work clothes. James made sure everything from the tie bar keeping his necktie in place to the fluffy dog click pen inside his vest's breast pocket was all there. Satisfied, he went to prepare himself a cup of coffee with two spoonfuls of sugar and one spoonful of creamer. As he ate his light breakfast consisting of last night's leftovers with toast bread, he turned on the television to listen to the news at a low volume.

Chaos as a villain going by the name of Blockade wrecks havoc across the city square, causing the destruction of a few shops and a number of injuries among both the police force and civilians alike. Thankfully the conflict was resolved as Proprius' famed Super Volt Maxim took care of the villain with the help of a new public superhero named Glachérie. More to come as our team arrives at the scene to -

James turned off the television with a frown, finishing the last of his food and coffee. Looks like that was his cue. He left the coffee mug at the table and washed his hands. He walked to the door, put on his polished shoes, and took the earmuffs hanging from the hatstand. He was ready to go to work.

He walked out his house and took in the late morning sunlight. Without hurrying, he made his way to the city square, where the crew would be waiting for him.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Outside Motel

Strolling nonchalantly from the second floor to the ground level, Shadow seemed unperturbed by the strange glances of the passer-by. Reaching the side-walk, a scream could be heard from the direction of the room he exited from.

"Looks like its about time to skedaddle" the man in the bodysuit said as he hopped into the shadow of a passing automobile heading into the direction of the city.

City Center

Noticing the ruckus going on, Shadow exited from hiding as the automobile waited at a red light.

"Hmm... what do we have here?" Shadow retorted, eyeing the Blockade battlefront. Unfortunately though, it seems the battle was already over. With Shadow's lifestyle, it was quite rare to spot a hero and villain duke it out. Slightly disappointed, an idea rushed into his head. What if he tried to enlighten a super? As a symbol of hope in this society, bringing one into the light might have a domino effect that brings everyone many others along with the. A stark smile was hidden behind his body suit as he thought of this.

"Now who should I go after then? Eeny meeny miney moe!" And his finger pointed towards Glachérie. "Quite a beaut she is, this is gonna be fun." With his eyes locked on her, Shadow jumped into a shadow of a nearby bench, keeping his eyes locked onto her. Phase one initiated, follow until the moment to strike.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Spoiler : Now that we've Finally caught a glance of the "main" villain, :
Username: ViGaBoMi
Character Name: Austin Urban
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance: A somewhat tall and reasonably buff but rather pale dude. Has light blue eyes and short, light brown hair (that he swears used to be blond). Wears what would be a white wife beater and blue jeans, but on him they’re both gold. Not that he spends much time in his “average” clothes anyway.
Backstory: Austin isn’t sure if it’s a blessing or a curse that his power showed itself at such a young age. His parents were looking for elementary schools to enroll him at when they turned around and saw that his clothes had suddenly changed color, as well as the toy he was holding. Concerned, his mother instinctually picked him up and her arms began to change as well. She was so shocked that she almost dropped him (but thankfully didn’t). At that moment, they realized that their boy would never have a chance at a “normal” life.

Needless to say, Austin was homeschooled and never left the house. He used to be able to play out in the backyard, but one incident with a particularly tall neighbor changed that. Things were rough for this kid, and during his “rebellious” teen years, he just got more antsy.

One night, he had had enough and snuck out of the house. He found another group of teenagers and they got into all sorts of hijinks together that night. It was the most fun he ever had. That is, until one of his new friends was jaywalking and a car was barreling down street. Without thinking, Austin rushed in to save her. He wasn’t fast enough to push her out of the way, but he was fast enough to touch her. The next morning, police were still scratching their heads about how the car took more damage than the pedestrian. Austin didn’t get caught, nor was he seriously injured, but he never snuck out again.

Years later, Austin was living alone. His parents moved out, but still supported him financially. He still never left the house, and the only evidence of his existence was his presence on the internet. One day, there was a knock on the door. His parents often visited (partly to restock food and supplies), so he thought nothing of it. When he opened the door, however, it was not his parents, but one Victor J. Malus. Apparently he had been looking for fellow supers to “take under his wing”, and stumbled upon an old file about someone who got hit by a car and only suffered minor bruises. He gave Austin a choice, either continue living in fear and isolation, or work with him and have the freedom to go wherever he wanted. Austin gladly accepted.

Now, Austin has moved to Proprius, Living in Dr. Malus’s secret base and working as his main muscle. And when he’s not on the job, he’s teaching himself to sword fight, and learning quickly.
Personality: After years of not being allowed outside, the world is now his playground. Some would call it “carefree”, most would call it “destructive and chaotic”. He has strong loyalty toward Dr. Malus, but doesn’t take orders from anyone else, and even Malus has a hard time controlling him at times. Not a fan of authority.
Superpower: Everything he touches with the outside of his skin turns to “gold” for as long as he’s touching it. Any living thing he’s touching remains living, and anything that’s supposed to bend (such as fabric or joints) still bends the way it’s supposed to, but otherwise it becomes made of some sort of metal that’s gold in color but has the properties of iron or steel.
Miscellaneous: All his parents know is that he “found a job” and doesn’t need their support anymore.

OPTIONAL: SECRET IDENTITY
Super Name: Midas
Super Appearance: A medieval-inspired golden suit of armor, complete with helmet (no gauntlets) and a sword. When he’s not wearing/holding it, it’s actually made of cheap plastic.
Alliance: Dr. Malus's #2.
Miscellaneous: Due to the way he lives, he spends a lot more time as Midas than he does as Austin. Some people aren’t even sure if he has a secret identity.
Bootleg's continuous chase scene:

Well, that did nothing. In fact, that did less than nothing. Mimi had half a mind to call the pirate out for giving her nothing to work with, but decided instead to focus on her running. Judging by her lack of action, it looked like Bonnie was just trying to outlast her now. And it was working, Mimi was already out of shape at the start of the chase, and she certainly wasn't getting better now. She would have to be the one to make the next move, and if she didn't do it soon, it would all be over.

As the two were approaching a street corner, Mimi racked her brain for a plan, and since the villain wasn't giving her anything to copy at the moment, she thought back to the fight she was watching a few minutes ago. She was still in the middle of copying Blockade, and the woman fighting him Mimi remembered she couldn't copy because she didn't have any… oh! At that moment they turned the corner, and just as luck would have it, a couple was walking down the sidewalk, each holding a vanilla ice cream cone.

"Sorry about this!" Mimi called out to couple as she waved her hand (the normal-sized one) and the ice cream scoops flew out of their cones and took the shape of a single rope that was now on a collision course with Bonnie's lower half. If this was Glachérie herself, the rope would coil itself around Bonnie's legs, tripping her up. However, it had been a while since Mimi saw that move, so instead it was just going to *splat* into her legs, sticking them together. Hopefully that would at least slow her down. This was Mimi’s very last gambit. If it didn't work, the jewel thief was sure to get away.

ParaTV Studio, and potentially on any television in the city:

"You're on in 5… 4… 3… … …"

The "on air" sign lit up and tvs everywhere had changed their image to show a frizzy red-haired woman adorned in sparkling red, blue, and purple, standing in the middle of her studio set.

"Good mooooorniiiiing Proprius!" came out a loud, booming, but friendly voice from the woman, "I am Madame Psiya, and I can tell what you're thinking. You're thinking you can't wait to see what I have in store for you today!" The studio audience started to cheer.

"Well in that case, I'll tell you. We have a woman who wants to know what her dog thinks of her, but we talked a little beforehand and let me tell you, he has quite the mouth on him." Cue audience laughter. "Then, we have the Skeptic and the Believer, where two scientists will finally put the age-old myth to rest and confirm or deny the validity of the tarot." The whole time she was pacing around the stage and making wild hand gestures as she kept a lighthearted tone in her voice.

"But first," Suddenly, she changed her demeanor to one not necessarily serious, but definitely dialed down. Even the studio lighting took on a cooler tone. "As you probably know by now, there was an attack on City Square earlier this morning, I could feel the tangling of auras from all the way over here." Actually, one of her producers was watching the news and feeding her and her team updates through a mic. "Now, while the action may be over, this kind of destruction always leaves behind a lot of negative energy that can bring down anyone who happened to be nearby. For that reason, whenever something like this happens, I like to host what I call Cleansing Hour," More like Cleansing 15 Minutes, the entire show's an hour. They had to bump their compatibility segment for this. "where I help you all deal with this energy by releasing it back into the cosmos where it belongs." At "release" she made a grand gesture where she had her hands together and then flung them outward.

"So, if you have any dark energy that needs releasing, please call the number on your screen. My lines are open." To anyone watching, a phone number would now appear on the screen below Madame Psiya's face. Considering how popular this show is, it should only be a matter of seconds before she gets her first caller.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : @VGBM :
App accepted. Your story begins.

again i'll post IC a bit later

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

A Cold Shoulder:
"Oh, ok. I'll see you around, then..." Leslie said, waving. What was her rush? It's not like she was late to class or anyt--

Leslie dashed down the hallways frantically, hoping her teacher hadn't yet noticed how painfully, unforgivably, irrevoccably late she now was.

She made it to the classroom and took her seat, sighing a heavy sigh. She flicked her fingers as her bits counted themselves again, making sure she was all there. Good, everything was in place. Now, it was time to learn.

It was about five more minutes before Leslie was staring at the ceiling, a blank test before her, the clock ticking away.

This is the worst. This is objectively, scientifically, mathematically the worst. This is the gold medal at the worst Olympics and the Stephen Hawkins of Worstological Studies at the Worstshire Worst State Worstiversity. There cannot be a single person anywhere in the city having a worse time than me.

Leslie resigned to this, picked up her pen, and began to pray her superhero training would transfer to World History.

Gum In The Road:
oscar should have stolen a lolipop truck because those guys were SUCKERS. Well, goes to show what you get when you don't recognize the soon-to-be top dog(fish) in Proprius. And this should keep his pockets full for a good while. Crime wasn't paying Oscar as well as he'd like to admit, but that was nothing new. He pocketed the money and hit the gas. It was time to get down to business.

He hit the gas. Time to get down to business. The truck still wasn't moving. Well, it was-- the tires were spinning but nothing was happening; He began to get nervous. What? A breakdown? At a time like this? No, he did NOT have time for this! The thief jerked the wheel and stomped the pedals furiously, grinding at his teeth.

"What the actual truck??" He grunted, glancing at the dashboard futilely, looking for the problem.

"Give it back!"

Oscar's eye swiveled to the rear-view mirror, where the young child stood-- Who the hell did she think she was?? Oscar was taken aback-- No kid should ever look at him that way. Why? Unless...

"...Is this your doing?" Oscar scowled, sticking his head out the window to glare at the child. "You must REALLY not know who I am, brat. Undo... Whatever this is, now."

Oscar's hand suddenly flashed and a switchblade glinted in his hand, reflecting Anabelle's own stare back at her.

"Or else."
DSY

Post by DSY »

Bean Lately Coffee Shop

A coffee shop, fittingly in the shopping center, a little on the empty side given the time of day.

And in said shop sat a lone, cursed girl, panting with a half empty extra large cup of water with ice.

Turns out running to school while fulled by nothing but a steadily decreasing supply of adrenaline was not the best idea for cursed Sara, as she had reached the shop with barely a breath left in her and a hastily ordered a tall cup of water before crashing herself down onto a near by seat to rest.

She wearily checks her watch and despairs at how late she is.

At this point to her there was but one thing left to do..... give up.

Sara sighs out and leans back in her chair and decides to just breath for a sec.

What could a few extra minutes hurt anyway? Sara thinks to herself.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)