Doki Doki Magical Guardians (MGRP)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

NihilismFormula
Spoken languages: English

Re: Doki Doki Magical Guardians (MGRP)

Post by NihilismFormula »

Pine- in the sky above the city

The funny thing about turns of good fortune is that they often come when one least expects them. One can just be flying in the sky, feeling despirited at not finding any good potential volunteers to help find the shards. Suddenly Pine sensed a burst of magic. Hopefully it would be somebody who could help; the worst case scenario is that somebody had happened upon a shard and activated it. Hopefully such a scenario would end well, but Pine could not be certain in the least.

Regardless, he got closer and saw that the magic actually seemed to come from the park, where Pine saw a group of teenagers. This was good- having a group working with him would be a lot better than working with just one... colleague, he supposed? Regardless of the precise terminology, the more the merrier in this case. He thus quickly began flying down, his target in clear sight.

Sae- in the sky above the city.

The funny thing about turns of good fortune is that they often come when one least expects them. One can just be flying in the sky, looking for any signs of the jewel to give to her leader, when out of the corner of her eye she spots the blasted sprite that had managed to escape the destruction of his home world. Deciding that this was a chance she couldn't risk losing, she fired a non-lethal blast at the creature, hoping that it would at least prevent him from reaching his destination- presumably the magical burst Sae had sensed. She'd ignored it- it was too weak to be a shard activating- but if Pine (Sae wasn't sure how she knew the thing's name... for some reason it'd been burned into her memory.) was taking an interest, it was best to try and cut him off at the pass, as it were.

Pine- Flying toward the Park

Sadly, as quickly as good fortunes can come, so can ill ones. One moment you could be flying in the sky, overjoyed at having potentially found aid, to being hit with a surge of magical energy that seemed to come from literally nowhere. Caught off-guard, the green owl-like organism went into a tailspin, crashing into the park. He lay there for a moment, dazed.

He managed to note that this wasn't the grand entrance he had perhaps hoped for.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

The Park

Kazuki blinked, rubbed his eyes, then wondered if he had accidentally fallen asleep. In that case, maybe they all were sharing a dream. That sounded nice. ... Wait. This could be serious. So, in that case... He needed to be prepared for anything.

"Is this an attack!? An accident!? Excuse me, are you okay!?" Kazuki suddenly got up, displaying far more energy and seriousness than he had before, to the point of seeming like a completely different person. His eyes were wide open, and the tired smile he usually wore was replaced by an uneasy frown.

Kazuki didn't seem particularly bothered by the fact that the person who had crash-landed resembled an owl. He just wanted to make sure that he was fine. ... It was a good thing that Kazuki's skillset was useful here.

"Let's go, Mr. Bunbun! We can protect anyone!" Kazuki said, as if speaking to his stuffed bunny. He held out his stuffed bunny, and then a powerful light briefly surrounded him, ending almost as soon as it began. When it was over, Kazuki had swapped to his Magical Boy outfit, and Mr. Bunbun had transformed into the giant battery that Kazuki called his conduit. The clearest indication of that was the cute bunny sticker on the oversized battery.

"Here, take this..." Kazuki gathered some of his own magical energy and transferred it to Pine, a faint white glow surrounding him as he did so. It was a basic healing spell that would hopefully reduce any pain that Pine was feeling.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Teresa was about to continue being annoyed, but suddenly her keenly honed senses felt something; and a second later, her suspicions were confirmed by the falling creature, and the fading magical discharge of an attack spell. Teresa whirled around, ready to take charge of the situation-- But suddenly the sleepy homeless boy on the bench leapt up and started approaching the creature.

"Hold it!" Teresa ordered, grabbing the boy by the scruff of his neck whule he tried to heal the owl-thing. "Stay away from that thing until we know what it is! And more importantly... what attcked it."

Teresa turned her eyes skyward and pressed a button on her music player. "SENDING CONDUIT TO CURRENT LOCATION. ETA: 5 SECONDS"
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

The Park

Huh... So Kazuki's got a conduit... Just like me...

Fumiko transformed herself, in a blaze of glory, with a large fan appearing in her right hand.

She was about to rush in to help the poor owl creature, when the annoying girl from before stopped Kazuki.

Fumiko glared at her.

"W-What are you doing? Don't you see that poor thing is hurt? What type of heartless person are you?"

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Teresa clicked her tongue at the girl. "I value the lives of the civilians around here over that of an unknown potential hostile... Even if the civilians around here are idiots. If that thing's not dangerous, then I'll get a trained med-squad on it shortly. Until then, we keep our distance. That's an order, got it?"
DSY

Post by DSY »

The Park

Rather shocked by the turn of events and shocked further by the people's actions, Yumi slaps herself out of her dazed state and runs to the group.

"Wait! Hold up!" She yells out in a panic, "I'm with Kazuki! The owl may need our help!"
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
NihilismFormula

Post by NihilismFormula »

Park- Pine

Pine's came to his senses, partially due to the aid of external magic, and regarding his proposed rescuers. They looked capable of magic; clearly at least one of them was. Pretty skilled at that. And four was a good number- many great magical girl teams had four members.

Regardless he got up, unconsciously wiping himself off, and cleared his throat. "Listen, I have a request. It's very urgent! Lives could hang in the bal-"

Then he was interrupted by another burst of energy that he rapidly flew away in order to dodge.

Park- Sae

The teenage girl that floated to the ground was quite beautiful, really. She was of moderate height for a female of her eyes and had brown hair that shimmered in the sunlight. A black cape tailed behind her back. She had brown eyes with a strange blank quality to them, as if she herself could not process what she was seeing. Her left hand was empty, but her right had a large red scythe clasped in her fist. In her brown hair was a pink bow, which seemed to clash with the rest of her ensemble.

"I would advise that you ignore that pest's babblings and leave now. Otherwise things could become... unpleasant." She said with a smile. It was not a nice smile.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

The Park

Fumiko looked at the girl who just floated down. Her demeanour... Well, didn't really inspire any confidence that her intentions were pure to Fumiko. I mean, the fact that she was chasing down and attacking a poor innocent creature like that was pretty suspicious. Granted, it could be a weird and unfortunate coincidence, and this girl was actually the good guy, but... Fumiko highly doubted that.

So, Fumiko decided to go with her heart and confront the girl.

"Leave now? How could I do that when you're trying to hurt that poor owl for no reason? Why... Why are you doing all this?"

... She really hoped that someone else would back her up, in case that something happened...

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
DSY

Post by DSY »

The Park

Yumi stood behind Fumiko. Honestly, she was shaking. The woman before her had some sort of presence that seemed to shock Yumi.
Maybe it was her confidence. Maybe it was her expression. Maybe it was her beautiful hair......... but probably not.

More importantly, it was apparent that this woman and this owl were at odds with each other, but from where she was standing it seemed the owl was the victim of hostility rather then the instigator.

"I agree with Fum... her." Yumi nervously responded. If she was dangerous, better to not use full names. Never know when that could come back to bite you.

"At least tell us why you've attacked this owl."
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

The Park:

Teresa turned away from the boy and towards the girl.

"I agree," She said, glancing at the three other plebs who were standing around, "You all DO need to leave. As for me..."

Teresa crossed her arms and pointed at the newcomer. "I am Teresa Mayflower of the Mayflower Magical Militia. I am authorized to use up to Class-B Magical Techniques within civilized areas, and by the authority vested in me, I ask you to identify yourself and present your Transformation Liscence, else face the wrath of...!"

Teresa held out her arm, expecting something to land in it at that moment. Nothing did. A sweatdrop ran down Teresa's forehead. Uh oh.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Park

As Kazuki was stopped from using his own healing magic, an unusual expression was on his face. It was that of annoyance, though it disappeared just as quickly as it arrived. The sleepy boy had seemingly been replaced by a serious professional who would do everything in his power to make sure that any potential disasters could be avoided. Of course, there was a lack of information here... But it was clear that he couldn't just pretend that he hadn't seen anything.

Kazuki turned towards Pine. It seemed like he was fine, but Kazuki couldn't tell if he was just hiding more serious injuries or not. "I'll do my best to make sure you're safe."

With those words whispered, Kazuki turned towards Sae. ... She seemed dangerous. Unless she was bluffing to make her own power seem much greater than it was, she was probably a dangerous opponent. Though they did have numbers on their side, so that was reassuring. ... Still, maybe it was possible to avoid battle altogether. Or at least stall long enough to get the authorities involved.

"... No one is going to be hurt under my watch. The others already asked you who you are and why you're doing this... I'm going to echo that. You were the one who hurt this owl, right? Why shouldn't we notify the authorities about you?" Kazuki asked. He was prepared to use his battery at any moment if that was required.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Park

Sae rolled her eyes.

"None of you guys get what's going on here, do you? And now, all you guys just want to jump in and just assume all these nasty things about me." She gave a mocking pout. "Well, hear me out at least first, okay?" Using her scythe, she pointed to Pine. "That... brat there went and stole our precious emerald. When we tried to take it back, it went and shattered on us. Many tiny little pieces everywhere. So, you can guess what I'm here for right? I'm here to get back what rightfully belongs to us. And, well, if you don't get in the way..."

Another cold smile appeared on her face.

"None of you will get hurt. Capisce?"

Pine, upon hearing all of this, started to stammer.

"N-No! T-That's not true at all! Y-You see, t-they stole it from us fi-Ahh!"

Another magical blast from Sae just barely missed where he... well was.

Sae sighed. "Please don't tell me you're going to listen to that... thing's lies, are you? Let's not make this situation any more difficult than it already is..."

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

The Park Of Friendliness:

Teresa believed Sae's story, turning to the little blue bird with a suspicious glare.

"Ah, I see... What a troublesome creature. Very well, I'll leave this to you then; Its always good to see a magician who upholds the law."

What an upstanding civilian, Teresa thought.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Park.... your car

Yumi jumps back, surprised by the sudden attack from the woman.

Her legs wobble weakly, as tho they were turned to jelly, as she attempts to hide behind the much stronger Fumiko.

Her only thought was to run! Just let the woman with the weapon kill the owl and spare her.

That was all she could do. That was all she could think.

......or was it?

No. That's not right. There was another thought in Yumi's head. A faint thought, drowned out by the fear, but still present.

The Owl was the evil one? And the woman making threats was the one in the right?

Yumi bit her thumb, a nervous tic for her.

Something was off about this. Her story... well, it just didn't mesh in Yumi's head.

Was she lying? Maybe, maybe not. But she was definitely not telling the whole truth.

"H-hold on!" Yumi blurts from behind Fumiko, "That story doesn't sound right! If you're just here for your lost item, why resort to violence? The first thing you did was threaten us instead of trying to explain yourself! Why fight with the.... owl thing, at all if you're just here to get it back? And how did it steal this emerald from you if you're clearly much more powerful than it?"

Taking a second to catch her breath, Yumi realizes blurting all that out might not have been the smartest course of action.

But what was said was said, and Yumi had to have the courage to back herself up.

"I-I..I won't let you hurt this owl... thing. I can't trust it's the villain in this if you don't tell me the whole story." Yumi says, being as brave as possible while cowering behind another.

"Also..um... you have nice hair." Yumi whispers. She wasn't sure why, but she was just drawn to her hair.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

At The As of Yet Unnamed Park

While this happened, a certain Louise Dillinger happened to stroll into the park. It was a park she visited every few days with no real consistent interval between visits other than whenever struck her fancy. This morning happened to be one of those times, as she walked over to the bench previously occupied by the others, and seated herself.

A group of people had gathered around a particular spot some distance away from the bench. Some kind of gathering, maybe? One of the individuals seemed to be holding a scythe. A historical reenactment? They didn't really seem to be dressed for anything like that, and scythes were never really used as weapons much, so that was out, at least if they were trying to be especially accurate. LARPers were also an option, if not for the fact that things seemed to be getting emotional.

While Louise could spend the morning thinking about the possibilities, there was really only one way she could get a definitive answer.

She stood up and walked over to the group.

"Morning."
The Final but not so ending chapter.