Rain: Another Magical Girl RP

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Re: Rain: Another Magical Girl RP

Post by Alnar »

Main Gate

Jane was still in the air by the time everyone was sent out of the Negative Zone. Her magical form had slowed her descent up until the moment everything turned to normal, at which point she fell to the ground with a thud. Friend, who had separated from her now that they were back in the real world, bounced on her head and giggled.

"Heehee, yay, bounce bounce bo - WHEEE" He cried as Jane swatted him off her head with her hand. She grumbled loudly, sitting up on the concrete. What was with today, this was the third time she's had to pick herself up from the floor in an hour. The other students around the main gate started dispersing as if nothing had happened. Some gave Jane cautious stares, others made the move to help but were quickly stopped by their friends whispering in their ear.

"Trust me, you don't want to."

"No, don't. She'll beat you up if you try to help her."

"I tried once, she almost tried to kill me with that stick of hers..."

Soon enough, even these students left her alone.

"Grgh... I don't need any of you..." She groans as she steadies herself on her cane, though no longer a gun, its status as a deadly weapon remained up for debate. She glares at the remaining girls, now back to their normal forms as well, as they all huddle together and chat like they've been friends this whole time.

"Does Friend want friends?" Asked Friend as he waddled up to her leg and stared at her with sparkling eyes.

She scowled. "Shut the hell up, stupid bird." She hobbled her way to the group and singled out the one girl who had the ice powers, Kazuko. She gave her a cold glare and walked up to her.

"Hey, Cinderella! Care to explain what all the crap was, huh?" She yelled, poking Kazuko's shoulder with her free hand. "You expect me to deal with those... those... things?"
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Main Gate

Kazuko's weak smile vanished once it dawned on her that Thorne had gotten hurt during the battle. Of course... There was a point when she was too preoccupied with fighting just one Ghoul. She had been completely ignorant of what the others had been doing. She got up from the floor, brushing off any dirt that had gotten onto her clothes. She didn't look directly at Thorne. Kazuko desperately wanted to apologize, but she wasn't sure how that would pan out. Thorne seemed to be under the mistaken impression that Kazuko was strong, but the strength she sought was the type that would have prevented Thorne from being harmed in the first place. At the very least, she wanted some kind of healing power, but she didn't know any way to utilize her ice in that way.

"Um..." Kazuko mumbled something to herself, then stopped. It had been quiet enough that no one would have noticed, save for Lamorak due to his proximity. He looked up, subtly encouraging Kazuko to say what she wanted to say.

That was when it happened.

She didn't allow herself to look away from Jane because she had been directly addressed. It would be pretty rude to pretend that she hadn't heard her. It would be ruder still to acknowledge that she had heard her, and then just refused to give some kind of response.

Kazuko felt the color drain from her face. Everything felt colorless. She was never fond of how rainy Soggan was. It always messed with her senses, making reality seem so much more lifeless than it actually was. Kazuko realized that many people viewed the rain as a sign of life, but it never seemed that way to her. That was just how her mind worked.

All of the color was gone again. It was like it was never there in the first place.

She felt her shoulder cry out in pain. Jane hadn't even poked her that hard. But in the colorless world that she saw, it felt far more pronounced. She had asked her a question, but she wasn't sure how to respond. Why couldn't she respond? Did Jane hate her? She probably did. Kazuko had failed to answer her properly before, and it wasn't like she was doing much better now. Her skin felt extremely cold.

Something about her scarf made her feel so uncomfortable. She felt like she was being choked, even though she clearly wasn't. Kazuko tried to breathe, but found that she couldn't. That made sense. How could she breathe if the world was colorless and dead, anyway? She had just been pretending this entire time.

The most that she could do was pretend that everything was normal. To respond when she was talked to. To act normal even when she felt like she wasn't.

Her scarf felt tighter and tighter. She didn't want to take it off, either. It was what made her safe. She hated the idea of her neck being seen uncovered by anyone.

If only life was as simple as she imagined it could be for someone else. If only she could be someone else. If she screamed, would anyone hear her? Did she even have the breath to do that? It felt like she couldn't speak.

Why was this happening?

How did other people feel, never going through something like this?

It was better this way, anyway. At least people didn't have to listen to her talk. At least she could suffer in silence.

"Kazuko!"

The color was back. She blinked, and then looked down. There was Lamorak, placing one paw on Kazuko's free hand.

If Kazuko had asked, Lamorak would have told her that she had only been silent for a few seconds. Enough time that Jane would have thought Kazuko as a bit scatterbrained, but wouldn't have noticed anything amiss if she had answered then. Lamorak was an experienced Seer, but he had to admit that he was still lacking in many respects. He didn't understand why Kazuko had the self-esteem issues she did, but he also knew that this was an issue that he had to overcome, not Kazuko. He didn't want her to feel like it was her fault for feeling the ways that she did. Whatever she thought of herself, Lamorak knew that Kazuko wasn't the incapable mess that she thought she was. Lamorak realized that some adjustments were necessary for her to live an ideal life, but that didn't make her lesser than anyone else. She had her own strengths. After all, it was quite unusual for anyone to suddenly forge a bond with so many other Magical Girls at once. Lamorak just had to convince her that this bond actually existed.

"Forgive us, Jane. I will explain what you need to know. I feel as though my explanations to Kazuko might have been lacking, so I'd rather answer any questions you had instead."

They were simple words, but they freed Kazuko from having to talk, and that was enough. She felt a bit embarrassed relying on Lamorak to explain things, though. She had messed up before too. ... That was just another flaw she would need to work on.

"As you just experienced... Sudden danger is sadly not uncommon for us. That last battle in particular was far more heated than what Kazuko and I have experienced in the past, however. Hm... Though I must say, Jane, you performed admirably, especially considering the circumstances. Your marksmanship and ability to adapt to your powers was strong enough that after the first few moments of combat, I wouldn't have believed it was your first battle. While I'm at it, Karen, your control of your shield is notable. I've seen many prioritize offense to the point of neglecting defense, so it's very heartening to see that defense's importance hasn't been forgotten. And Thorne, you started trying to combine your powers with the others before I even thought to suggest it... That kind of quick thinking will help in future encounters."

Lamorak smiled at everyone. In a way, his words might have sounded too complimentary to be sincere if they came from anyone else, but Lamorak was honest enough to the point it was clear he meant every word. But he couldn't let himself get sidetracked. He turned towards Jane again.

"It may be... Difficult to believe, but yes, this is all reality. I am a Seer, and so is your feathered companion. We ally ourselves with those with great potential... Do you remember your own transformation and abilities? That was you working in tandem with your Seer. Now, the enemies you faced are Ghouls. They are creatures well-known for being docile -and I can see you have objections to that, allow me to finish- but lately, for unknown reasons, they have been far more aggressive. Now, do you remember that fog and the shapes in it? Ghouls are capable of pulling people into what we call the Negative Zone, and... Well, it's best to be honest. They try to eat their victims. That's what we're trying to prevent, as innocent people get pulled in. Think back to the first Ghoul you fought, before the appearance of reinforcements. A normal human, even an armed one, would not be able to fight a Ghoul."

Lamorak let that explanation hang in the air for a while before continuing.

"I understand it may feel as though you've been pulled into this without a choice in the matter. I'm afraid to say that I'm unaware of a way for the bond between a Seer and a Magical Girl to be severed. Do you have to fight? Technically, I suppose not. But the fact remains that you have been given a gift, the power to save people's lives. ... If nothing else, I'm glad you helped save those students. I don't feel comfortable demanding that you must fight, but I will warn you that it is better to be with allies, and I worry that the threat of the Ghouls will rise to the level that no one can ignore it. If you have any questions, I will do my best to provide answers."

Lamorak ended his explanation there. Kazuko felt awkward, relying on him to do all of this. ... She hoped that Jane hadn't noticed her... Moment. "Um, y-yeah. That's... The gist of it."
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Library

"Very little besides obstruct progress." Charlie paused for a moment, making a low snorting noise.

"The young woman currently responsible for this room's management has sent me on her behalf to ask them to leave. They have refused. It is likely that they would follow you out if you were to leave. Would you be willing to cooperate in this capacity?" He stared up at her expectantly with his blank horse eyes.

Teresa only briefly looked up from the page she was on, the situation once again seeming slightly more acceptable than a few moments prior. The premature end to the tutoring sessions had, in a way, lessened the disturbance. Provided the remaining occupants were at peace, the matter would require no further action from her.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

Main Gate:

Seeing Jane approach Kazuko, Thorne pushed herself to her feet, in spite of her weariness. She was certain now-- this girl was nothing like the magical girls she'd imagined. Something must have gone wrong.

"Hey! Leave Miss Kazuko alone." Thorne said, glaring at Jane, "She performed admirably. We were all in battle just now, don't cause anymore stress!"

Having said that, Thorne slumped back down. She felt so winded, in contrast to how powerful she'd felt as a magical girl... She couldn't help but feel like she'd forgotten something, but was still too tired to try and remember.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Library:

Laura glanced forlornly at the horse while it spoke. She couldn't say she disagreed with anything he said. All she ever saw the Blobs do was insult other people, eat her food, and sit in front of the television, complaining about some show or another that she couldn't even attempt to pronounce the name of. She nodded faintly toward the horse and stood up from the chair.

"Hey, you know what! Just because you proposed that, we're sitting right here! We're the makers of our OWN destiny! We don't need no glaring bystander telling us what we can and can't do! We're gonna-"

"Leave." The Blobs weren't expecting Laura's sudden interruption. "Please do send her my regards... ah... Mr. Horse? Let's go," she whispered. In place on the table was an advertisement for her artistic services. There weren't many other ways she could spread the word out about her talents.

She let out a deep breath she didn't know she was holding as she walked down the hallways. While trying to maintain the grace she wanted, one could notice a bit of frustration in the way her feet fell against the floor. She was thankful there weren't too many students waiting around just in the hallways. Most of them had joined up with their buddies at some club.

"...It was a serious question, by the way..." Laura had started again, out of the blue.

"Huh? What was a serious question? You didn't ask a thing! 'Least, not that I heard."

"What is it exactly that you do? I accepted your contract a week ago and all you've done in that time is-"

"GUUUURL! SISTA! I thought you would LITERALLY, NEVER ask! Thought I signed you on for nothing!"

"Ah! What are you--?"

"You REEEAAAALLLLYYY wanna find out what all this is about?!" The Blobs moved in closer to Laura's face, emblem quivering in a mischievous excitement.

"A-Ah... I-I've changed my mind! Y-You can jus--"

"AND AWAAAAAYYY WE GOOOOOOO!!!" The already tentatively-shaped Blobs started to rip themselves apart and stretch out, forming long ropes that swarmed and swirled around her. Their colors were becoming much more vibrant than they usually were, until Laura's vision was nothing but a smattering of rainbow-colored slime. The colors drew closer to her, and Laura held her breath out of fear that she'd accidentally inhale a piece of them. What was left of the Blobs made contact with Laura's skin, and a big beret sprouted into existence on top of her head. Her hair color had started to change too; a wave of burgundy slowly started moving from her scalp, dribbling down the length of her hair, fixing itself into an impressive braid along the way. From her shoulders, an elegant gown had started to take form and construct itself. Like a water glass left out on a hot day, drops of slime... that were looking more and more like paint, ran down against thin air until the shape of the garment had been formed, then magically turned to fabric. Her usual footwear had disappeared somehow, and much fancier shoes appeared in the same way as her beret, and after that, white stockings and gloves that reached halfway up her shins and forearms respectively. A large wooden palette formed on her left forearm, and blobs of five colors attached themselves to it. Finally, Laura's body started acting out against her will, pulling a large paintbrush out of seemingly nowhere. She was too taken by surprise to vocalize her discomfort, but she couldn't have done that even if she wanted to, as she was too busy assuming a COOL POSE, with her palette in front of her, facing the hypothetical camera like a shield, and swinging her paintbrush upward and behind her, globs of white paint flying off the brush dramatically.

It probably would've been a really cool and climactic transformation sequence had there been a Ghoul to fight.

Instead, she was left stuck in that pose partially due to genre mandates and partially due to her having no clue how to react to this situation and partially due to her anxiety locking her muscles in place. Right in the middle of the hallway. Who knows who could see her like this? Did she even look that different? She was too scared to check, until she realized she was wearing a dress that fell just past her knees instead of pants like she preferred. Her hands instinctively flew downward to protect her modesty even though the dress wasn't THAT short.

So how do you like the new digs? I tried to come up with something as stuffy as you are and BOY, you did NOT make it easy. But I think this fits! Not a bad job, if I say so myself! Hey, you asked for this, by the by. NOT my fault.

"I-I-I... A-Ah... N-N-Nobody can s-see me like this, r-r-right?" Laura whispered.

Oh, EVERYONE can! That whole display we just put on was PUBLIC! Well, kinda. All the normie losers just saw a flash of light and suddenly you're all fancy and dumb-looking! I probably should've thought this through a bit more, huh? This is ALL MY FAULT! FEEL FREE TO HATE ME! I really, REALLY don't care.

The colors of Laura's face somehow mimicked both the brilliant whites and the robust reddish-purples of her new outfit simultaneously as she panicked in place, looking for the nearest exit. She soon found herself at the Main Gate, a flustered look on her face as she saw everyone... and everyTHING, outside.

"A-A-A...U-Uh...A-Uhh..." She couldn't get her mouth to form proper words, or her vocal chords to stop vibrating. She was stuck relentlessly stammering at the group of students who had just finished fighting...
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Main Gate

Patience wasn't really Jane's best trait, especially when it came to things that annoyed her. She gets heated way to easily and situations involving her usually escalate into physical confrontations very easily. Seeing Kazuko whimper and shrivel in front of her without giving a straight answer (not that she could give one to begin with) only irritated Jane more. She grit her teeth and was about to take another step toward Kazuko before Lamorak chimed in with his lengthy exposition of the situation. Miraculously, and somewhat fittingly, that was enough to cool Jane off to an extent.

"Tch. Yeah, I did do good there..." There was a fleeting smile on her face, a brief sense of pride upon receiving praise. She deserved some recognition, didn't she? Though her smile quickly disappeared and turned into a deep scowl as she continued, "Especially since not a single one of you helped me out. Not that I needed any to begin with. Hmph." She crossed her arms and looked away. Though she didn't fully comprehend the situation she was in, she at least understood enough not to be completely furious with it. She still didn't like it, especially when it seems she got the short end of the stick when it came to competent magical buddies. While Kazuko had the patient and wise college professor, Jane was stuck with a dumb special needs kid who had zero sense of personal space.

"Mrgh... I knew I shouldn't have accepted the dumb bird's offer." Irritated, she turns back toward Lamorak. "Oi, Frosty, any way I can break off the contract with... this thing?"

As if on cue, Friend happily bounces up in front of Lamorak and giggles like a child. "Heehee, Friend play? Let's go have fuuuuuun!"

But before Jane could swat the bird away, Thorne butted in the conversation with her own words to say to her.

"Hey! Leave Miss Kazuko alone. She performed admirably. We were all in battle just now, don't cause anymore stress!"

These words ticked Jane off. Her face immediately turns to stare Thorne down with a boiling glare. Despite being a cripple, Jane still stood tall at her full height. She advanced toward the girl, her crutch striking the concrete hard with each step.

"Oi, listen here Garden Hoe!" She yells raising her index finger to Thorne. "I don't give a rat's ass who did what and how well they did it. You want to talk stress? Then try doing all your magic crap standing on one leg without having a damn clue what's going on! Why the hell do you think I'm up to here already?" She brings her hand up to the side of her head in a gesture. With each word she says, she taps the ground with her crutch and inches closer toward Thorne's face.

"It's. Taking. Every. Shred. Of my %$#@ing patience not to beat the crap out of all of you. You think I want to deal with all this either?"

By the time another girl came waltzing in wearing a dress to their little gathering by the main gate, she just about had it. Jane's head snaps towards the new girl, her eyes burning with fury.

"What the hell are you looking at, Picasso?"
GuardianDreamer

Main Gate

"I'm, um... Not a mind-reader, you know... I AM very anxious, so uh. Does that help???" Kazuko said, not realizing what was going on. She had apparently decided that panicking and saying the wrong thing was at least much preferable to disassociating again. She had absolutely no idea how to handle Jane. ... She really hated to say it, but she couldn't imagine how either of them was going to stand each other. Not that she hated Jane, but she'd DEFINITELY constantly think that Jane hated her, and she'd definitely annoy Jane, so really it probably made more sense for her to immediately run away and-

"I'm afraid that I do not know of any method to break the contract. Even if I did... I'm worried about what the consequences would entail. I understand that this is a very difficult situation for you, but I want you to think of it this way. Forgive me for being so morbid, but your bond with your Seer gives you method of self-defense should you get pulled in by a Ghoul. I... Do not want you to end up in a situation where you do not have access to your powers and a Ghoul pulls you in. Please understand... Though you may not get along perfectly, you are far safer with your companion nearby." Lamorak said. He observed what Friend was doing, and gave a polite wave to Friend. His serious demeanor was a complete contrast with Friend just bouncing up and down all over the place.

All of this was interrupted by Laura's sudden appearance. Lamorak was the first to react, looking at Friend, then Laura, then back at Friend again, as if trying to decide whether Friend's behavior in general was a stranger event, or if meeting yet ANOTHER Magical Girl today was stranger. Eventually, he apparently decided that wasn't very important. What mattered was that it was happening. He gave a nod to Kazuko, letting her know that she needed to act. Kazuko stood completely still, deciding that maybe she could pass for a particularly odd-looking tree by immediately T-posing. This was immediately ruined by her giggling at how ridiculous she looked, and then panicking when she realized that her brilliant disguise was foiled. Lamorak continued just staring at her. Kazuko decided that maybe her brilliant plans could wait for another day.

"... Do you do magic? Are you one of us? ... Wait, that sounds like I'm some kind of cultist. Um, uh... Say hi to her, Lamorak!" Kazuko said, immediately panicking and grabbing Lamorak carefully. She held him up, half-hugging him like he was some kind of stuffed animal, and half clinging to him out of fear of the unknown.

Lamorak turned his head towards Kazuko, and then decided to face Laura again.

"Hello, I am Lamorak. I am a Seer, and this is Kazuko, the Magical Girl I'm contracted with. May I ask why you have undergone transformation outside of the Negative Zone?"
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Main Gate:

"What the hell are you looking at, Picasso?"

An unflattering squeal exited-- no, wait, entered Laura's mouth. Right. This student. Laura had heard that this one was a problem from some associates around the school, but never actually met her until this point. It was at least good to know - using the term "good" about as loosely as possible - that the girl seemed to be at least as bad as they say, if not worse. Laura couldn't properly respond to her, continuing her blubbering while she raised her palette to hide her face.

The one girl was intimidating enough, but then another girl faced her and struck a strange pose, standing completely straight and holding her arms horizontally, as if forming a capital letter T with her body. There was something decidedly imposing about it... if you happened to be Laura, that is. Perhaps it was the way the girl was seen hunched over briefly before. Though she didn't end up doing this for long, and also brought out a... stuffed polar bear? From the distance and through the rain, it was difficult to make out, but it seemed like the bear also started talking. Both of them together just piled on more and more questions. It didn't seem to her the Blobs were very thorough in explaining their mission statement. She was pretty sure she heard a couple of the terms, Seer, Magic, of course. But what on Earth was the Negative Zone? This was too much.

"Ah-I-I-Ah?! Wh-Whai-Mmnn-N-N...! N-No-None-... N-None of this was my des-decision! I-I-I-I..." Well, it seemed like Lamorak was able to cut enough through the jungle that was Laura's head to get a few coherent words out of her before she started struggling again. Laura didn't even know if it was more of a blessing or a curse that the Blobs seemed particularly silent right now. Though given what she knew about them, probably the latter. What a crew of Magical Girls that fate brought together.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Main Gate:

Thorne glared right back at the girl. "You...! You're not the only one struggling here! Miss Kazuko has plenty of problems, and I'm not exactly--"

Before she could go on, her stomach let out a loud GROWLLLL, and she suddenly sunk to her knees. It looks like she was a bit too tired for this. She bit her lip angrily. Keep calm, Thorne. She just didn't have that magical girl grace and kindness in her after all. Not like Rose... She was nice, calm, good-natured... Maybe too good natured for a job like this.

Their argument was further interrupted by the appearance of a new magical girl-- A bit too late, though. A painter girl, from the looks of it, and also, a grown-up. Even in the strange magical girl outfit she was still clearly in her 20s, surprising Thorne. She'd never really seen a magical girl show where an adult could take that form. It wasn't something she'd considered here either-- Were there other adult magical girls in Soggan?

And speaking of other magical girls, what about that girl, the one with the High School Uniform...

There were too many questions still up in the air, and while Lamorak was doing a good job keeping up with the flurry of questions, Thorne was really dying to move out of the rainy main gate and get somewhere, anywhere quiet and private to have this conversation.

"Look, can we do this somewhere else, please?" Thorne asked, getting back up on her feet. "I think we all need some time to cool off from that fight, pool our knowledge, and start working on what to do now."

She looked back to Jane. "Look, I don't like your attitude, but I'm not gonna fight you. Do what you want. But save your anger for the Ghouls, not us. You may not like it, but there's danger in this town, and we're the only allies you're gonna get."

With that, her stomach grumbled again, and Thorne's face quickly reddened. "...Um. You guys wanna. Go get food. I might keel over if I don't."
DSY

Post by DSY »

Hill High (All of it)

The bell rings all over the school. Club time was over.

The used rooms empty the unhappy students, wishing upon a wish they could spend just a little longer at the clubs then doing anything else in the rainy town.

The library begrudgingly emptied out, save the staff who began to pick up the mess, push in the chairs and re-order the books.
Not because they had to, but because it was more time spent not in the rain.

At the main gate, the doors opened to a flood of colorful umbrellas, their owners mostly uninterested in the group standing around save a few odd looks until all was quiet again.

You check your watch, phone or the sky. Was it getting to be so late already?

Some would argue it's been no time at all. But others probably find it almost quaint it's not even later than it is.

------------------------------------------

All Over Soggan

A gossip has seemed to form over the town. Uncommon, but not unexpected in the town.

From all over, inside and out, word has spread of some kind of mysterious trouble maker in town.

A girl with long black hair, dressed in a Hill High Uniform covering her face with a Hills High Hat.

She's been seen snooping all over the place, past restricted areas and wandering about well after dark.

But whenever someone gets close to her or tries to take a picture, she simply up and vanishes.

Security footage of her sees her in one shot, but gone in the next.

The School denies wrong doing, but on the inside Teachers and staff scramble to find some clue on her. But unfortunately with such a vague description, they couldn't even pin point a student.

No one seems to know who this trouble maker is.

-------------------------------

Cemetery

The cemetery was quiet. At this time of the day, most visitors went home, leaving very few left around.

Among them was the mystery girl, her eyes cast upon the School on the hill.

"Someone transformed, did something happen?"

She had not originally planned to make herself known to the others. But what if they were in trouble? What if one turned on the others!?

This could be bad.

"...well..could be...but maybe I can still hold off..."

She folds her arms, her expression darkening,

"...urgh..what should I do here..?"
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Main Gate

Without batting an eye to the surrounding chaos, Kyomou walks out the gate and turns left. The underclassman girl followed suit. "Stick close to me. If you get lost, don't expect to get any ice cream." Kyomou proceeded to pick up his walking speed as he went into the direction of the ice cream shop.

Meanwhile, Slasher watched from where he was hidden. The squirrel's ears perked in excitement when he saw the little interaction between Kuro and Howler. Had Kyomou sussed out a magical girl all by himself? While Slasher would never admit he, a sense of pride washed over him now that he had the knowledge that his partner found a magical girl and is isolating them. If he could keep his distance, the seer should be able to conceal the fact that Kyomou is a fellow magical girl and easily surprise them with his test once they split up.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

We meant to have left early, but then the bell rang before we were even out the gate.

He was pretending not to care, but Kuro couldn't deny how weird it was that there were so many people still out here. There was a lot of fighting and yelling too for some reason, and it looked like some of them had stuffed animals with them, but so much was happening that it was hard to focus on just one thing. Then everyone turned toward the building's entrance, presumably at a new arrival. Kuro was about to turn around as well to see what could've grabbed everyone's attention so easily.

"If you get lost, don't expect to get any ice cream."

Oh crap, nevermind! Kuro wasn't taking his chances with that. Forgetting about the odd scene next to him, he quickly picked up his pace to keep up with his tutor, following him out of school and into town.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Main Gate

Jane scoffed at Thorne, rolling her eyes as she heard the girl's stomach growl. She takes a step closer to Thorne once again and gets close to her face. With her free hand, Jane pokes her in the chest and pushes hard.

"Cool off? Cool off? Do you want to know what I do to cool off, Veggie Tales?" She growls, grabbing Thorne by the collar and glaring straight into Thorne's eyes. Jane may be a cripple hobbled over a crutch, but she still stood inches taller than Thorne. If she were still in magical girl form, Jane's eyes would have been glowing a bright, fiery orange.

"I get physical."

As if on cue, Friend hops onto Jane's shoulder and stares at Thorne with a goofy grin on his face in contrast to Jane's foul mood and angry scowl.

"Friend confirm! Friend's favorite game to play with Friend is 'Whack-a-Friend'! Friend said it fun, so Friend agrees it's fun! Heehee!"

Jane's eye twitches but she manages to restrain herself from demonstrating Whack-a-Friend in front of everyone, as much as she'd like to right now. But Thorne's words still rung in her head.

"Tch... You want to take this somewhere else? Then fine... Let's go."

The shoebill was practically vibrating with excitement, clapping his wings together and bouncing up and down on Jane's shoulder. "Yay! Friend made friend! Friend know's good place for friends to ha-"

*thwack!*

"WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....."

Friend went flying down the block as Jane swatted the bird off her shoulder.

Just my damn luck. If what Frosty the Bear says over there is true, then I have no way of getting rid of this stupid bird. I'm stuck with him for... She didn't even what to process that thought right now. She then returns her attention to Thorne and gives her a menacing grin.

"You're coming with me, Garden Hoe." Then, grabbing onto Thorne, she begins to pull on the girl in an effort to drag her across the street toward the nearby cafe... except being the way she is, it was going to be at a crippling pace. Literally. Thorne could practically push Jane and she'd lose her balance, but it seemed Jane was determined to see this struggle through to the end.
GuardianDreamer

Main Gate

"Huh? What? Is this... Okay?" Kazuko said, looking from Thorne and Jane, then back to Laura. She had absolutely no idea what was going on. They were heading someplace else, apparently? And they were supposed to expect that Laura was just fine with that?

"Um, uh... We should... Go somewhere to talk... Like, um. People who socialize about magic. That's a thing, right?" Kazuko said, not fully realizing how twisted her words were getting. She looked at Lamorak for moral support. He gave her a reassuring nod.

Kazuko awkwardly followed Jane and Thorne. Then she turned towards Karen.

"Um, uh, you know good places where we could all talk in peace, right? I, um... I think that if you could guide us to one, that'd probably work better than our current plan... Oh, wait. No, Jane is heading towards a cafe... Um, just please stay close, I don't know what I'm doing with my life."
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

The Main Gate Area Courtyard Thing

Karen simply watched, simultaneously proud and horrified as all her new friends interacted. It was going… well, it was certainly happening at least. Although, it was happening with considerably more awkwardness and general lack of any kind of social tact than Karen would have liked. She blushed slightly and gave Thorne a smile when she commended Karen’s work in protecting their little squad. It was nice to be appreciated.

Karen’s happiness was quickly interrupted when Jane continued to bicker with Thorne and Kazuko, who had been trying to explain the situation to the poor cripple. As if this wasn’t enough, another Magical Girl approached and spontaneously transformed as well. Karen stood with her mouth wide open, like some kind of idiot, waiting for a socially acceptable chance to jump in and defuse the situation. Luckily, Kazuko gave Karen the perfect opportunity right as Jane abducted Thorne. Karen looked at the comically slow kidnapping occurring before her eyes and blinked a few times, thinking she was hallucinating.

“Uhh. Well. I suppose that cafe would do the trick.”

Karen shook her head. Kazuko really seemed incapable of getting through any kind of basic social interaction. Luckily for her, Karen had decided her new mission would be to help her out.

Say hello to your new best friend, Kazuko.

Karen quickly wiped the slightly menacing smile off her face, although she was still practically salivating at the thought of gaining yet another wonderful follower. Karen did have to find out a way for everyone to get settled again and get out of the rain after what had just occurred.

“You ever think about slamming some mimosas, just to like, calm down?”
Rey Rey the Jet Plane