[RP] Justice Riders: Planetary Defenders! ==INVASION==

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: [RP] Justice Riders: Planetary Defenders! ==INVASION==

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Beach

Gohra released his grip on Hayate and stood up straight, leaving the young man sprouting from the ground like a vegetable. Gohra chuckled to himself as as Hayate let out a muffled scream and flailed about.

"Great pair of lungs, but it's not quite a battle cry!" Gohra rolled his shoulders and spat some blood to the ground below. "Let me show you how it's really done!"

The hulking general grabbed Hayate by hips and lifted him out from the ground.

"HrrrrraaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAURRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!"

With the loudest cry he could muster, Gohra swung his arms forth as hard as he could, still holding onto Hayate. He tried to throw the Rider entirely, aiming for the shoreline.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

Post by lazyplague »

The Beach

Having been thrown out of the sand, Hayate had to react fast. Shoreline. Water. Wet sand...

Hayate thrust his arms out, and aimed to stick the landing on his palms. He crashed into the sand, but unlike the dry sand he was wrestled into, the wet sand allowed Hayate to only be slightly buried beneath the sand, up to his wrists specifically.

His body flopped, and he landed on his knees, he pulled his hands out of the sand, and stood up, shaking a bit as he did so. As he pulled his hands out of the water, bits of purple flame crawled up his arm. As the gems emerged from the sand, the fire engulfed Hayate's arms, and covered his back.

"Haa..." He breathed. His palms hurt, but the soft landing was enough. But he was clearly a bit shaken as he turned his gaze towards Gohra.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Beach

Gohra slowly began walking in Hayate's direction.

"I'm impressed!" he shouted back. "I am certainly not holding anything back. The fact you can still stand is why I insisted on you as my opponent. I can see your legs quivering, but you are still determined to fight back." He grinned and rose his fist. "That is what I call a warrior's spirit!"

Gohra rushed forth, towards the shoreline and towards Hayate. There was no fancy maneuvering this time; he simply aimed a right hook towards Hayate's head.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Beach

Hayate widened his stance, and breathed in deeply. He turned his palm outward, and pulled his arm backward. And with one large step, he thrust his palm at Gohra's fist and intercepted it. He recoiled a bit, but he kept his balance. His flames flared up, covering even more of his body.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Beach

Gohra smirked as Hayate intercepted his fist. Rather than pulling back, Gohra pushed forward.

The general unclenched his fist in Hayate's palm, quickly interlocking their fingers instead. He pushed back against Hayate, like a wrestler shoving his opponent from the ring. With his free hand, he reeled back another clenched fist, aiming once again for a punch to Hayate's head.

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Beach

He stood still, and allowed Gohra's fist to crash straight into his face. Allowed was a weird word for it, it was more like went along with it. His neck craned sideways, but the impact was loose and weak, as if Hayate simply moved his head along with Gohra's fist. He pulled his head backwards, and ducked under Gohra's arm.

Hayate stepped forward, and slammed into Gohra's chest. He pulled his arm back once more, and yet again, aimed a punch straight into the same spot as always. Hayate's impact flames, however, focused into his other glove. He wasn't intending to use them yet.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Beach

Gohra coughed up some more blood when Hayate's fist struck his chest. He was starting to bleed a little on the chest, too...the frequent strikes and combat strain were reopening some of his scars. He kept his grip on Hayate's hand, though. He started to push harder back, trying to shove Hayate backwards towards the ocean.

As he pushed, Gohra took his free hand and grabbed the helmet on Hayate's head. He started squeezing tightly on it. The strain from the grip could be felt through the helmet as he tightened his hold more and more as he pushed back...

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Beach

Hayate clenched his jaw, and pulled his arm back once more. However, this time, the flames curled back onto his punching arm, and engulfed the gem. He shoved his fist right into the same spot, with the now opened wound. This time, with all the flames in use.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Justice HQ

As the base around him was engulfed in chaos, Raphael was uncharacteristically calm. He wasn't prone to manic activity, but neither were the bulk of the Riders who were panicking. Some Rider whose color he couldn't remember was yelling over by the front desk, but Raphael couldn't make out a word, with all the noise. He paid it no real mind. Of course they all get start acting like this when it's this clear that things are bad, he observed. He neither approved of them for finally realizing the obvious not condemned them for their disorder.

In truth, he was not "calm" so much as "vacant." He was well aware that in a situation like this, there was nothing much he could do. He has been aware of this for several days. Seeing the other Riders panic confirmed this to him. It would take an extraordinary talent to do something. Despite his vanity, he lacked the extraordinary talent to even keep thinking with all the clamor around him. No, he told himself, best to wait for the higher-ups to make some statement for themselves. He had the flash of an idea, something about the uncertainty of the whole situation, but it transience cut the light short.

After a solid minute of waiting, a not-so-solid red light appeared mid-room, followed shortly by other colors. Raphael took no notice of them. The red one was the one whose words would matter. When the red light took on a much more solid form, Raphael couldn't help but gasp. A crutch?! Wounds are rare, especially ones that bad. Something must have gone seriously wrong in that fight.

As Kenshin began his slow hobble toward the desk where the unidentifiable-pink Rider was, Raphael's eyes remained locked on Raphael. Kenshin is the only one with that kind of injury, come to think of it. (The quiet that had fallen the room had done wonders for Raphael's inclination to form coherent sentences.) I wonder why... ... No, I don't need to wonder. He went off and did something on his own, didn't he? Raphael suppressed a faint nagging in the back of his head and continued on. Well, you did it. You got your leg chopped off? Now, what do you have to say for yourself?

"...Riders. I am so sorry. I'm no prodigy, or mastermind, or legendary hero, or anything. I've gone on too long pretending I knew what I was doing, that I was some badass superhero that everyone in the world could live up to."

The room did not know how to respond to that, but Raphael was not a room. So... you get it. And in that instant, every complaint Raphael had against Kenshin was forgiven.

"A member of the Kalcion Armada has given us top-secret info on an upcoming strike, and we have no choice but to take her word on it...if we don't, it'll be too late should it come to be. And we're outpowered in every sense of the word. I tried to battle Malchior directly myself...you can probably assume what came of that idea, by now. We've been fighting an uphill battle, and chances are slim that we can make it out of here cleanly. The chance is there, but it'll take at least a dozen miracles."

True, there doesn't seem to be another option. Condensed to fear didn't seem quite the right way to put it...

"...If you want out, you're free to leave now."

Raphael let out a contemptuous "Tch" as the other Riders who had wormed their way to the front begged for support. Don't they get it? Those who aren't committed to justice are worse than useless in a situation like this. They'll betray us or make some foolish move, no doubt.

""Then I promise! I promise that for all my faults, for all my misgivings, I will try harder than ever! I refuse to let you die! And I'll do whatever it takes, dammit! I don't care if I'm a perfect hero or not, I'll do my hardest to be the best damn leader I can be!"

That was all Raphael needed to hear. He stood where he was, looking at a Riders logo in the HQ. I'm impressed. You sound like... you might actually be able to do it now. We can't surrender, and fighting here is the only option left! If those who lacked the conviction of justice wanted to leave, by all means, let them go. The world may well be better off for it. Only the serious would remain.

At long last, abuse of the title of the Justice Riders would not be tolerated.
Spoiler : OOC :
Deliberately holding off on a responds to GD until some others have more of a chance to react.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Ami

Post by Ami »

Justice HQ

Ami sighed. "Well, in for a pound, right?" She then looked to Charlotte. "And if Pops doesn't mind, I won't mind. Plus, I'm basically half renegade right now." Ami showed off the new additions to her form- the visor that Flash had become. "So... big speeches, desperate times, all the fun stuff, right?" A wide grin grew across her face, her arms crossing. "This is the kinda stuff we live for."

Hopefully we live for this for more than a couple of hours.

Hush, you.

Ami was nervous. But if Kenshin was to excoriate himself and apologize for not living up to expectations, she had to do something. Anything. Even if it was a quick few lines. She waited to see if a plan was coming along- so either she could follow it or if it was just time to improvise. But something did occur to her- what if that plan relied on someone here? And what if they refused the call to become a hero? Even if that would mean their death?

"Oh, bee tee dubs, you're all free to say no, but unlike Pops, I'm going to save the world with him even if I have to drag y'all myself. The luxury of sitting on the sidelines went with his leg."

A bit too macabre? Ami thought after the fact. With a short breath in, Ami leans towards the Crimson Rider and whispers "Um... my bad."

Clearing her throat, Ami spoke up once more. "So, who else is going to inevitably say yes? Now's a good time to do so before
I start muscling your opinions to a more positive position."

Thought I'd add my/our voice. Too much?

Not at all, I liked the awkward phrasing.
since 2008!
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Justice HQ

As the crowd began to thin down, Raphael heard the exhortations of... one of the other Riders. He couldn't hear the first part of it, but he heard enough. "You're all free to say no, but unlike--" the chatter of the others cut her out again "--So, who else is going to inevitably say yes? Now's a good time to do so before I start muscling your opinions to a more positive position."

But useless cowards are no Justice Riders! They'd just abandon us as soon as they saw how grim things are. If they put themselves first like that, they're a lost cause. Though for that matter, threatening people like that is hardly just either. As Kenshin's confession had put Raphael in a good mood, he decided not to come down too hard on this.

He began walking over to this Rider, planning what he would say as he went. Given how scary the Kalcion are right now, those who are ruled by fear will inevitably say no to joining. Punching would... ... He stopped in front of the Rider, now... more like his usual self. "So, uh, two questions. First, are you saying staying with the Riders is inevitable because you're going to punch them? It's inevitable, and you're going to punch them anyways?" He paused for a second, as if to gather his thoughts, before this Rider in the pink suit but blue headgear. "And, I just realized that I haven't seen you around before. Who are you?"
Spoiler : OOC :
A few notes for the benefit of Ami and any other players who haven't been paying much attention to Raphael for whatever reason:
* The character is intended both to be judgmental and to be wrong in those judgments. There's nothing personal on my end.
* As a corollary of the above, if something seems wrong in Raphael's thoughts, it's quite likely intentional, but you're welcome to ask me if you want to be clear. For example, I know full well that Kenshin letting Riders opt-out has nothing to do with getting rid of "useless cowards." Raphael is hearing what he wants to hear.
* Raphael is also much more impulsive and inconsistent than he believes he is. He warmed up to Prim telling the truth quite quickly once it was combined with hearing Kenshin's self-criticism. Again, inconsistencies are almost certainly intentional.
* Raphael keeps mainly to himself, and his more judgmental tendencies have developed recently and not come out much.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Outside somewhere - Ray's glorious(?) return:

"Hah! That takes care of that!"

The Fuchsia Rider confidently dusted his hands off on each other and placed his fists on his hips as he admired his work. Several of the Kalcion mechs had their circuits fried due to water-damage, their pilots smoking and twitching from the electric shocks their own weapons gave them. Off to the side, a small pile of foot soldiers laid unmoving, and sizeable puddles of water littered the street. He laughed a bit as heroes do when they vanquish their nemeses, and subsequently realized...

...Where is everybody?! Wasn't someone going to join him to revel in his awesome victory?! "Man, this blows. It's like I'm the only one here! Well, I mean, not the only one... There's Amethyst, too. Wonder where she went. She looked like she was headed for the sports stadiummmmm wiiiith a Kalcion General on her tail! AMETHYST!"

Using his hoses to aid him, Ray ran as fast as he could to the site of the battle between the Amethyst Rider and General Gohra Kanorath... and was slightly confused when he burst in and saw the scene.

AMETHYST! Are yo-" He looked around and saw her passed out on the ground, as well as what looked like a replica of the gargantuan General made of ice, broken in half, laying still. "Um. Did you beat him...? Oh, who am I kidding, of course you didn't! Amethyst!" He dashed over to where she was and saw her eyes closed, blood running down her cheek, her purple hair messed up...

"Amethyst! Can you hear me? Why do you have your helmet off? Wake up! Wake up now, please...!" He tried poking her, lightly slapping her cheek that wasn't bloody, and shaking her by the shoulders, but Soul was out pretty cold. Realizing this, a sense of dread washed over the Fuchsia Rider. "Oh... Oh, no. Oh, noooo no no no no. Don't be dead. Pleeease don't be dead! If you're dead, then Big Crimson will... then I will... Aaaauugh..." After a few more seconds of frantic fretting, Ray took a deep breath and held his hand out toward Soul, hoping to find a pulse somewhere.

Thump-thump.

"Oh, thank God! You're still alive! Though you look... even paler than usual. Hmm. Okay! Uh... tell you what. You stay here, I'll see if I can get anything for you! Okay...?"

Soul's body just laid there, her chest almost imperceptibly moving up and down.

"Great! Though first thing's first..." He lifted her body off the ground, and sat her against the wall. Ray retrieved her helmet, and tried forcing it back on her head. "C'moooon... you're not supposed to be unmasked in public... Get... on... there... Rrrah!" After a couple of good pushes, the Amethyst helmet squeezes back onto Soul's head. "There... Now..." After a couple of deep breaths and a short while of pacing his nervousness off, Ray finally teleports back to Rider's HQ.

Rider's HQ - Still Ray:

The pink light dissipated, and before all the other Riders stood one, oblivious to the chaos that had just occurred in Big Crimson's speech. "Hey guys I need to bo-"

Before his sentence was finished, Ray could feel the tension in the air. The atmosphere in this room was heavy, oppressive even. He could feel the weight of the room around him on his shoulders and against his stomach. He didn't know what had just happened, but to say it was big seemed like an understatement.

Yeesh. Out of the frying pan and into the fire, much?

"So um. Guessing this is just a little bit of a bad time...?" Behind his helmet, one could practically see his nervous grin. "So... I might regret asking this, but what just happened?"
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Beach

"Hgauhk-!"

The strike hit its mark, and it hit hard. Gohra stumbled backwards, the scars on his chest reopening and causing blood to splatter to the sand. He fell to one knee. His breathing grew heavy as blood dripped from his mouth, and he clutched his chest. He wiped his hand across his wound, and looked at the blackened palm.

"Haaaugh....haaaaugh....." But as expected of a warrior, Gohra laughed. "Ha ha ha...hahahaha!" He clenched his fist, blood in palm, and got back up on his feet.

"Not bad! Not bad at all!" He took a fighting stance. "Keep hitting me like that, and you might kill me before I have the chance to save your life!" He snickered. "But that's a big 'might'."

Gohra reeled back his bloody fist and made a charge towards Hayate. Despite his injury, he was faster than usual...it seemed he was finally starting to push himself to the very edge of his limits as he aimed a swift but hefty swing at Hayate's head.

----

Justice HQ

"Don't shame anyone that wants to leave."

Kenshin spoke up for the first time since he had ended his speech. He finally straightened up from his bow, and looked down at the desk. There was a fair number of Morphers abandoned there. He gave a sad smile.

"I don't want to judge the people that choose to leave," he said. "This war has...it's gone further than we could have ever imagined. It's dangerous, and deadly. There are people here who wanted to help better Kyoto that now find themselves in a small army to defend the Earth. I can't possibly blame them for wanting to leave, and I can't sleep with myself forcing them to stay any longer."

He let out a deep breath.

"It hurts, but that's my own problem. Fear of death is the most human thing imaginable. So don't be upset with them for being human."

GiGi clenched her fist, and stepped forward.

"U-Um!" She put her hand to her chest. "I don't know how useful I can be out there...but I want to help, too!" she clutched her chest a bit. "I...I'm a bit scared, I admit. It's...It's not as easy to throw myself out there as I thought it might be. But I'm not going to stop here! I'll help however I can...!"

"Bleeeeegh..." Razzmatazz let out an annoyed noise and crossed his arms. "This is so goddamn annoying...I just wanna settle down some day, or at least take a vacation." He sighed. "Can't vacation on a hunk of charcoal floating through the cosmos, though. Count me in, I guess."

Kenshin's sad smile became a more confident one. "Heh...I'll be honest, though our numbers definitely dwindled...I expected more people to leave. Guess I don't have much confidence as a teacher, huh...?"

At that moment is when Ray, the Fuchsia Rider, appeared on the scene, carrying Soul, the Amethyst Rider, with him.

"Fuchsia!" Kenshin exclaimed. "What happened to...?"

"Christ, she's alive!" Razzmatazz shouted out. "That oaf Gohra contacted me on her helmet, askin' to meet up with that pipsqueak Purple Rider on the beach..."

"What?!" Kenshin turned to face him, shocked by the news. He put his hand to his chin in thought. "Hayate's encountered Gohra alone...at the beach? Why would they...?" He shook the idea off for now. "Fuchsia, I'll explain to you in full later, but I want to know if I have your word to keep fighting with the Justice Riders as we approach the most dangerous hour. But...you should get her to a place to recover as soon as you can." He turned back towards Wakana. "Check for any security feed of Hayate and Gohra!"

"Aye aye!" Wakana saluted and leaned over to the computer, quickly trying to get some sort of feed. Rin stood on her toes to try and watch.

Kenshin looked towards the remaining Riders, but he was clearly deep in thought. This seems off...Calling out a specific Rider to a specific location? And a remote one, at that? What's Gohra planning, exactly?

The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Justice HQ - Ray:

The Fuchsia Rider visibly recoiled at Kenshin's request, as if his very words gave him a good knock on the forehead. "Pssh! You're questioning my cause? You remember how much effort I put in just to get you guys to notice me?!" His voice gradually crescendoed as he spoke, passion igniting his words. "Tell me! What reason could you possibly have to believe I'd give all of that up now?! I'm with you alright! I'll be with the team until I breathe my last breath! BECAUSE JUSTICE NEVER DIES!" He shouted, throwing his free arm up into the air, pointing toward the ceiling for dramatic effect.

During any other time, that might've been really motivational. But now...

"...Right. Still a bad time..." He kept his arm raised, yet his wrist went limp and his pointer finger droopedt. "I am not used to this. Doesn't matter! Count me in, Big Crimson! Oh, but first..." Amethyst Rider still in his arm, he started heading as quickly as possible for the medical ward.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Justice HQ

Good, Kenshin and I are on the same page, thought Raphael, oblivious to what Kenshin actually meant. The others will shape up before long. Now is not the time to be afraid, he mused silently.

Two more Riders entered the scene before he had the opportunity to say anything, with one purple-pink Rider carrying another. (How did people remember the names of all of these colors?!) No, Raphael, rebuked himself, not important right now. He listened equally silently as the conscious Rider briefed Kenshin. He had heard enough of Gohra to know that Hayate was probably well-suited to this, but...

"I'll be with the team until I breathe my last breath! BECAUSE JUSTICE NEVER DIES!" Raphael cringed at the volume of the interruption. Enthusiasm, good. Volume, not so much.

Once the ringing in his ears stopped, he (finally) said what was on his mind. "So, I assume we're going to go to Gohra? Given our track record at one-on-one..."