[RP] Justice Riders: Planetary Defenders! ==INVASION==

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Justice Riders: Planetary Defenders! ==INVASION==

Post by lazyplague »

Beach

Boxing...? That's a pretty big change, for a guy who hasn't even been on earth that long... Hayate thought, as the first punch just barely grazed his cheek. He hadn't gotten up fast enough, but that wasn't especially enough to stop Hayate from assuming a stance of his own. He raised his hands up, blazing, and tucked his elbows in to reduce his own presence.

He peered at Gohra from behind his fists, and rushed forward towards Gohra, pressing himself as close to Gohra as he could, rather than running away.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Beach

As Hayate drew closer to Gohra swift jabs were becoming less and less feasible. It became awkward to try and strike at and maintain any sense of momentum fighting him. The tactic was unexpected, and rather impressive.

Gohra opened his defenses briefly as he slammed his hands together above Hayate's head, clasping them together. With the Purple Rider in close ranger, he lifted his hands above his head, then brought it slamming down onto Hayate, like a hammer swinging upon a nail.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Beach

Hayate weaved himself to the side, and got bashed on the shoulder, rather than on the head. With a significant grunt, however, he kept moving, and pulled his dominant arm back. With all the force he could muster, he aimed a punch right below Gohra's ribs, and aimed upwards, trying to dig right under Gohra's ribcage.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Beach

The punch hit its mark. Gohra' body reeled back from the force of the impact, and he had to maintain his balance to keep himself from falling or sliding back. He violently spat out in pain as his breath escaped him. It was a strong strike to a weak area, but he was determined to not let it deter him.

With his arms still out from the previous strike, Gohra released his clasp and aimed a back-handed fist to the side of Hayate's face, in an attempt to smash him away.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Outside Kyoto Tower

It looks like he actually believed that? Gah! I have to do something about this before we do something really--

"Hey! This is Razzmatazz at HQ with an urgent announcement! Or, uh, several! So if you haven't heard, Crimson's been critically injured fightin' Malchior!

The whoever-it-was droned on, confirming that yes, the Riders were indeed buying Charlotte's story. (He would hate to see this group in charge of national intelligence.) But since he already had a bitter suspicion that they would, the news brushed right by him. Now, Kenshin getting injured, that was unexpected. Kenshin's leadership skills were questionable, but combat skills? Those had never been in doubt before. Even Raphael had to admit that this was not a case to jump to conclusions.

What... exactly happened? Either path, information or the weaponry, took him back to one place where he could make actual progress on either of them. He de-cloaked and morphed into HQ, looking at the general scene and somebody who might be able to answer that question of his.
Spoiler : OOC :
A short post, but we should be getting to more interesting things soon!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Beach Boiz having sum Ruff Beach Timez

Hayate, having anticipated a counter after his attack, took advantage of Gohra's reeling to jump backwards, and dodge the swipe. He lost his balance slightly, and kneeled a bit. He raised his fists over his face again, and stared at Gohra from behind his defenses.

He was waiting for Gohra's move again.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Beach

Catching that Hayate had been put off-balance, Gohra smirked. He wasn't one that usually resorted to kicks or sweeps, but while Hayate focused on defending his face, Gohra swept out his leg towards Hayate's knees in an attempt to knock him back down.

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

The Beach

Hayate jumped backwards, and narrowly avoided Gohra's attempt to trip him up. Once he landed, He lunged forward again, pulling his fist backward, and aimed for the same area he'd been striking before.

Hopefully, if I hit that area enough, I'll be able to hit it, regardless of how much energy I have stored up. Is basically what Hayate was thinking, but much less eloquent and more panicked.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Beach

Gohra pulled his arms back in front of him, blocking Hayate's strike from its intended target. The strike still hit with force, however. Gohra slid back a couple feet in the sand from the impact. He burst into hearty laughter.

"Ba ha ha ha ha! Amazing!" he shouted out. "You've gotten better! To feel so alive while the end looms on the horizon..." He gave his opponent a goofy grin. "Isn't it exhilarating?!"

Gohra reached his foot back and clenched his fists. "I shall remember this feeling for all time! This pure bliss of adrenaline!" He charged forward towards Hayate. He stopped just before the young man. Time seemed to slow to a crawl as he reeled his fists back, a big grin still on his face.

"Thank you, Hayate Kawaguchi!"

And just as time seemed to slow, it sped forth as Gohra began to unleash a quick, extensive flurry of punches towards Hayate, seemingly from every angle at once.

----

Justice HQ

The base was in a state of SNAFU; Riders and staff running about in a blind panic, murmuring to one another, not sure how to react to anything that was happening.

So many things seemed to happen all in a row. There was word of a Kalcion defector that leaked top secret information to the Riders. That same Kalcion also leaked the fact that the Kalcion Armada intended to launch a powerful flurry of missiles that had the capability to destroy nearly their entire fleet of Zords if they attempted to counter...or risk the deaths of thousands of civilians if they ignored the strike. It was all too terrifying to comprehend, and they didn't have a solid plan. Even worse, there was word that the Crimson Rider himself was seriously injured in a battle with Prince Malchior, and Dr. Phineas had been seen running out with a prosthetic of some kind.

Nobody knew what to do, and that was terrifying.

"Pipe the hell down!" The Razzmatazz Rider was trying, erm, 'damage control' at the front desk of the HQ's main office. "Just shut the hell up already, will ya?! I don't know what's going on anymore than you do, but I'm not makin' a big fuss over it! Come on, dammit, don't whine to me because your jobs are hard! You're superheroes, dammit, have some dignity!"

Despite his pleas, the Riders were still in a tizzy. The different thoughts and concerns of the crowd sprung up from every little corner of the room; some were wondering what exactly went down with Kenshin, some were doubting the information provided by the Kalcion defector, some were having panic attacks over the impending attack. It was a mess, to say the least.

"E-Excuse me! Pardon!" Making her way through the crowd, squishing and squeezing past people, GiGi managed to make her way to the front desk and towards Razzmatazz. "W-What's going on?" she asked. Her face was still battered and torn up on one side, but her suit's healing properties had at least managed to heal it up significantly thus far. "I keep hearing about missiles and something happening to Mr. Ichirou...what's going on? Why is everyone in such a panic?"

Razzmatazz sighed, rubbing a hand tiredly through his hair. "It's been a long day, Plat! Look, I'm tired of repeating myself here...can't you just wait until Kenshin's recovered enough to explain this crap? Though I guess it could be a while before tha-eh?"

A few lights appeared in the middle of the room, indicating incoming teleportation. The Riders there all backed away to make room...and the room fell silent as they saw who it was.

Kenshin Ichirou, leaning against a crutch. His right pant leg was rolled up, revealing that his leg was replaced with a prosthetic, the same shade of gray as GiGi's skin. He was surrounded by a few others...the Carmine Rider Ami Cloverfield, Ken's wife Wakana Ichirou, their daughter Rin, and Dr. Seymour Phineas himself. The crowd was not completely silent as hushed tones broke out here and there, but all eyes were put on Kenshin.

Kenshin himself slowly glanced around the room, looking the frazzled Riders in the eyes, taking in the atmosphere of the room. He took a deep breath. Then, he moved his crutch forward, towards the front desk. He hobbled his way over to the desk, Wakana staying by his side to help him keep balance. Rin followed behind them, her eyes floating about the room trying to take it all in. Razzmatazz stepped aside nervously as Kenshin replaced him at the desk. GiGi stepped back from the desk with her hand covering the injured side of her face. When Kenshin finally got himself in position behind the desk, he handed his crutch over to Wakana, who held onto it for him. He took another deep breath, this time closing his eyes. When they opened, he saw all the expectant eyes glaring at him from every angle. All sorts of emotions, all surging at the brim and waiting for him to say something.

"...Riders."

Kenshin bowed.

"I am so sorry."

The room...didn't know how to respond to that.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything," he went on. "I'm sorry for everything bad that has happened to you all and for all the worry and anxiety you've gone through because of me. I'm no prodigy, or mastermind, or legendary hero, or anything. I can barely handle balancing my job and family, let alone being the leader I'm supposed to be. So I'm sorry. I've gone on too long pretending I knew what I was doing, that I was some badass superhero that everyone in the world could live up to. But I'm just another guy, who's bitten off more than he can chew. I'm not the hero that you all deserve as a leader. So...I'm sorry."

He straightened himself back up. His words only caused more distressed murmuring from the crowd, but he didn't pay it much mind.

"I'll be blunt," he said. "Things aren't looking good for us. A member of the Kalcion Armada has given us top-secret info on an upcoming strike, and we have no choice but to take her word on it...if we don't, it'll be too late should it come to be. And we're outpowered in every sense of the word. I tried to battle Malchior directly myself...you can probably assume what came of that idea, by now. It's become obvious at this point that they're toying with us. Dragging this fight out and broadcasting it to their planet with those flying TV screens...if they tried hard enough, they could probably overpower the entire population within a matter of days, maybe even hours. We've been fighting an uphill battle, and chances are slim that we can make it out of here cleanly. The chance is there, but it'll take at least a dozen miracles."

There was no response. The room's atmosphere had condensed to one of fear.

Kenshin took another moment to breathe.

"...If you want out, you're free to leave now."

Finally, there was a reaction. Panicked murmurs and confused shouts from every corner.

"W-What?!" Razzmatazz was taken aback. "You've gotta be kidding me! We're on the edge of Hell here!"

"What are you babbling about?!" Phineas piped in.

"M-Mr. Ichirou, what do you...?!" Even GiGi spoke up. "We need everyone we can get right now! We can't just...!"

"It's like I said!" Kenshin shouted, hushing the room again. "This is an uphill battle that will require at least a dozen miracles to pull off! The chance is there, but it's slim. So slim that I can't blame anyone who wants to just leave now, evacuate while there's time to. This isn't me pressuring anyone into a decision, to stay or to leave. But if you're scared...if you want to cut your ties and live another day...I can't blame you. Place your Morpher on the desk and you'll be excused. I won't argue with you, I won't chastise you. Because I won't deny it anymore. This is going to be scary. Terrifying, even. I don't know what we're running into, and I don't know if we'll make it out alive or not. So now's your chance to turn away from it all, return to your families if you can, and put the rest into the hands of fate."

He bowed once again. His voice was starting to choke up.

"If you stay by my side...If you help me fight for our planet..." His head rose up. He had started to cry. "Then I promise! I promise that for all my faults, for all my misgivings, I will try harder than ever! I refuse to let you die! And I'll do whatever it takes, dammit! I don't care if I'm a perfect hero or not, I'll do my hardest to be the best damn leader I can be! I don't know if we can do this or not, but I believe! I believe in that slim chance, in those miracles! And I will do everything in my power...E-Everything I can to fight for it! To fight for that happy ending!"

He returned to his bow.

"So please! If you must leave, do it now! If you stay by my side...L-Let's save the world!"

The crowd fell silent. The tone in the room was now impossible to read. There were a few people - some meek, some upset, some that just seemed fed up - that slowly moved toward the desk, placed their Morpher down, and walked away to be excused. Kenshin remained in his bow, his body gently quivering.

What would come next...?
Spoiler : OoC - Out of Hiatus and Plans Going Forward :
So, I finally am bringing JR out of its lengthy hiatus, to try and push forwards to the finale. It took a little longer than I had hoped - went back and forth between lack of inspiration and having an actual life - but I'm finally getting this going, and I'd LIKE for it to be active until it finally ends. I expect not every subplot to be resolved (I expect at least a few to be mostly dropped for convenience of pacing) but there are only a couple major plot-important boss fights left. This is the point where character arcs begin to resolve and we make our way to the end.

So, couple of things to just cover. One, I'd like to get an idea of who all will be posting going forward, since we've had a lot of members jump in and out of activity. That's partially why Kenshin's speech here is as it is - if you're still in it for the long run, now's the time to show it. I'm leaving it open to response however you see fit now.

If we need more posters going forward, I'll be trying a new initiative to recruit new members, given the current surge in RPers on the site. Characters would have to be simplified, since there's so little time left, but it could work in theory; if anyone is interested in joining JR as a late-game initiative, they're free to talk to me and I'll figure things out with them. I have an IC reason for joining late, so don't worry about that; I'll cover this more later if I feel the need to use it.

So that's the basic gameplan. Gather remaining posters, get some new ones if needed, and tackle the rest of the plot and see if we can finish it before the end of the year. Let's see if Justice Riders can actually be the first narrative-driven roleplay to ever reach its intended conclusion on AAO!

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Justice HQ

Charlotte had nothing but appreciation for the fact that Kenshin could be so bluntly honest at a time like this. Well, if it was a less serious situation, she would have made a joke at his expense. But it wasn't the time for that.

Really, the time for laughter felt like it had passed a long time ago. That was sort of a shame. Laughter was good. Especially if it was played up for theatrics. Especially if that laughter was a result of Charlotte's own efforts to live her life in the most fun way as possible.

She was a selfish person. She imagined that would always be true. In the middle of this crisis, she worried over incredibly petty things. Oh, of course, she worried about the survival of her fellow Riders. Of course, she secretly lamented the lives that had already been lost in the war. Yet Charlotte Swan mostly thought of her own selfish desires. Being a little bit selfish wasn't a bad thing. All people were, in their own way. She didn't particularly feel like beating herself up for being a bit more selfish than the average person.

Was it selfish to want to be selfless for once? That sounded incredibly paradoxical. It sounded like something she would say as a joke to mess with people's minds. Of course, she'd claim to always be the bastion of selflessness, but that was obviously a joke meant to amuse herself and confuse other people.

Charlotte had been a member of the Justice Riders for a while without incident. She had deliberately committed several delinquent acts that could hardly be called actual crimes in order to be kicked out for a while. Why was that? No real reason. She thought it would be fun to play the role of the villain. Really, maybe the pettiest thing of all was that she was upset at the Kalcions for taking attention from her. She realized that was pathetic. She realized that the threat to her ego could hardly measure up to the threat to the world.

It wouldn't be bad to play the hero for once. ... She could die. Horribly. She could die an undignified death and be counted among the fallen Riders. Even if she didn't die, the possibility of injury was high. She could watch other people die. It wasn't as though this could possibly progress as smoothly as she imagined it would. There was no one to tell her that she absolutely had to volunteer. In fact, if she was being completely honest with herself, she probably seemed like the type to escape first.

During the self-styled play that she called her life, she had grown attached to what the Riders represented. She would make fun of them and make them deal with her petty crimes, but it was never out of malice. It wasn't out of some sort of hatred for what the Riders represented. No, somewhere down the line her feelings had advanced to genuine affection. Was it selfish to want to make sure this group she strangely cared about would make it out okay? Was she thinking far too much about the role she could possibly play?

Well, that didn't matter. Nothing had to make sense. Her motivations didn't have to make sense to other people. She just had to do what she felt like doing, as always.

"I don't suppose you'll mind a former Renegade sticking around, will you? Yeah, let's save the world! Someone like me sticking around to help out... That's just too funny, isn't it? Out of all the people here, I volunteer... That's just funny. And hey, if I can volunteer, I bet there are other people who want to stick around too." Charlotte said. She didn't engage in the same theatrics that she usually did. Despite her self-deprecating words, she said them with a tone of sincerity that seemed unlike her.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

The Beach

"I... I don't have time to be as gleeful as you are, sorry," Hayate whispered underneath his breath. He tensed up at Gohra's pure joy. He couldn't get into the fight the same way Gohra did. After all, He didn't want to fight this fight, not with death looming above them. His duty weighed on his mind, and his fear held him back.

He whispered, "Gohra-san..."

I don't have the option to be happy here.

And with that, he tightened his stance again. Gohra's form had loosened, so now was the time to start pushing back.

Hayate jumped backwards, narrowly being scrapped by one of Gohra's fists. He could feel the air moving near Gohra's fist, and he felt a shiver run up his spine. He landed on the sand, and leaned forward to avoid tumbling backwards and losing his balance. He was getting the hang of keeping his balance on an unstable ground, he just needed to not panick.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Beach

As his flurry of punches slowed to a stop, Gohra laughed again.

"Ahahahahahahaha! Right, right. I forget sometimes that I'm a bit of an odd one out here!"

He crouched down, placing his hands onto the sand, one foot behind him, like a marathon runner preparing for the sprint.

"But this is my time to be selfish!" he shouted out. "So you are free to feel as you wish...I merely request..."

He kicked off the sand, and began to charge towards Hayate with the ferocity and speed of a bull gone wild, aiming his head for Hayate's chest and clenching his fists.

"...THAT YOU INDULGE ME!"

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Beach

Hayate crouched, lowering himself closer to the ground, tucking his legs underneath him. He waited.

As soon as Gohra was near him, he sprang towards Gohra, and pulled his fist behind him. He swung it upwards, twisting it in such a way that it'd curve underneath Gohra's head, and plant Hayate's fist into Gohra's face.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Beach

Gohra took the punch, coughing up some black blood as a result. But his stance was still firm - it seemed he didn't exactly expect to land that hit, and was prepped for a counter. His real intent became clear when he grit his teeth through the punch and swung his arms towards Hayate's shoulders. He squeezed his massive arms around Hayate, catching him in a tight grapple.

"HrrrrRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!"

With all the force he could muster, Gohra bent backwards, lifting Hayate into the air, until he arched all the way back and SLAMMED Hayate's head into the sand. Even with the cushioned landing, it was a powerful suplex, and Gohra's grip was still solid as a vice grip on the young man, even when upside-down.

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Beach

It was a somewhat blurry, yet slow experience, being plunged head deep into the sand. Hayate felt somewhat like a cartoon ostrich hiding its head in the sand. Although he didn't do it intentionally, his head was in the sand, and he was deeply afraid of the sudden, grainy darkness. It was less than a second, but to Hayate it felt like some grim eternity. His first thought was "Did I die that easily?"

He did not die, but he thought he was. His life was flashing in front of his eyes. Sand would have gotten stuck in said eyes, but luckily he had a protective visor on.

He saw various images of people standing over him, while he laid on the ground, defeated. No matter how hard he had trained for those victories, he was always the weaker one. His small stature, and limited ability made him the easiest win in most fights. Here, he felt that shame again, even though the fight wasn't over. He felt he had lost. So easily overcome by Gohra's natural ability and large-ness. He wouldn't last a minute in a regular match against Gohra, especially without the gloves. The gloves just meant that getting pummeled into a pulp had advantages now. He was still weak. Very weak.

One last image flashed in Hayate's head. Seiichi, standing over him with a wooden practice sword. Seiichi had taken Hayate down in only a few seconds, just with his natural strength. Hayate still wouldn't have been able to win that fight, even now. Seiichi's natural ability made him a monster.

He felt like screaming, so he did. Both internally, and externally. It was possibly the loudest scream Hayate had ever let out, and it was one of sheer rage and fear.

Gohra would hear a small, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" through he sand.

Hayate's legs flailed about violently, desperate for freedom. They kicked about in desperation, hitting anything near them.