[RP] Justice Riders: Planetary Defenders! ==INVASION==

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Justice Riders: Planetary Defenders! ==INVASION==

Post by Sleuth »

Justice HQ - Medical Bay:

As Soul sat melancholy in the med bay, a tall young man approached, bearing the uniform of the Justice Rider's support staff. He brought with him a trolley of medical supplies: painkillers, bandages, gauze, the works, along with some animal crackers and water bottles. He approached the next injured Rider on his list, rolling the trolley up to her side.

"...Ah," The boy tilted his head, his platinum blonde locks dangling around his face as he looked at the pink-haired girl, a spark of recognition in his eye. "We've met before, haven't we?"

Liam Treader grinned and smiled at the girl. "You're Ami Cloverfield, aren't you!"
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Medical Bay

Astera listened intently as Phineas shared with her the story of the former Blue Rider. The way the doctor recounted the life of his fallen friend lent a feeling of sincerity to the story. There was a sense of reality and honesty hearing it from one of the original riders, something you couldn't get from the almost mythic stories passed around by the younger generation. She stopped staring at the weapon rack for a moment to face the doctor. She kept quiet, trying to imagine the Blue Rider, Lori Callahan.

For some reason, Astera couldn't help but relate to the woman. Lori had wanted to help everyone and become a hero... that felt really close to what Astera wanted: recognition. But she wasn't as selfless as Lori, at least, not to the same extent as shared by Phineas. There was such a thing as too much self-sacrifice, one where you're hurting yourself far more than you are helping others... and the end result, you end up hurting the ones you cared for.

It was tragic. Astera did not want that to be the end of her story.

When Phineas stopped and turned his back to her again, she didn't know whether to pat him on the shoulder, offer condolences, or hug him. All of which would likely end up with her in varying degrees of regret, knowing the doctor. Still, something in about the story and his words resonated with Astera.

She looks down and fiddles with the zipper of her jacket. "She sounded like a good friend doc... too much for her own good. I would've liked to have met her... but I guess I can see why people around here don't talk about her much." She looks at the doctor and quietly exhales a brief chuckle.

"Heh... the way you talk about her, it sounds like..." She stops herself and gives a tiny half-smile. "...Never mind." She puts her hands in the pockets of her jacket. "Thanks Doc... I don't know if I'm completely alright just yet... but I feel better."

"You're not as bad as everyone says you are, ya know?" She smirks. "You may not care about my life... frankly that's not a new feeling to me. But I feel that you do care about something..." She brought her robotic hand in front of her chest and glanced at it for a moment. "If you didn't, I don't think you'd be a doctor. Not a real one anyway. I probably wouldn't be standing here on my two feet if not for you. Hell, might just be me filling in the blanks with what I want to think... But I'm just saying what I feel."

She returns her gaze to the weapon rack and her attention is caught by the brilliant sapphire sheen of a pair of blades. She takes them in her hands. On their own they each looked like one half of a pair of scissors; and judging by their combined weight and design, looked like they could form a claymore just about the same size as her old one. It was an odd design, something that felt out of place. She smiles. This felt just right for her.

Holding the weapon in her hands, she looks to the doctor once more.

"Hope you don't mind a dumbass taking this for a test drive. Heh." She has a joking smile on her face. She holds her Morpher over the weapon and watches it as it breaks down the weapon into bits of data and absorbs it like a vacuum. Once the weapon was gone, Astera headed toward the exit. The doors slide open and she stops in the middle of the doorway to look over her shoulder and say one last thing.

"Hey, Phin. Don't know if you're the type but, when this is all over, let me buy you a drink. I'd like to hear more about Lori... and you."

She puts her hands in her jacket and she walks out, leaving Phineas with that offer.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Streets of Kyoto

Charlotte's words made Kiko bite down on his lips. The enraged rider halted is zord and pulled back. His anger still hadn’t subsided, but the words of his comrades got through to some part of his brain. The Delicate Winter Rider hated who he had become. Surrounded by conflicting emotions, Kiko did not know what to do. Since joining the riders, he’s made mistake after mistake, and now he was being a burden to those who just had a renewed sense of hope. They were right, he was wrong...

“I’m not going to ask for forgiveness when I don’t deserve it. If I’m going to jeopardize the mission by not acting rationally, that is on me.” Tears streamed down his face as Sevaline went on her tirade. “But what good am I if I let scum like that live. What good am I if I don’t do something!”

If things had continued without any change, Kiko would have launched an all out attack; however, the despicable Kalcion was already gone. With no other choice, Kiko slumped back into his seat and maneuvered his zord to behind the the pack. There was no longer any concern of him endangering himself or the other riders.

“Please… just tell me what I am supposed to do…”
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Medical Bay

Phineas waved his hand dismissively as Astera left. "Yeah, yeah, whatever...stupid kid."

He sighed to himself.

"Stupid kids..."

He clapped loudly. "Alright, back to work! Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

----

The Streets of Kyoto - Mech Battle

The Kalcion troop Charlotte intimidated shook in his cockpit fearfully. He briefly made a grab for his pistol, then seemed to reconsider. He ran out of the opening in the mech, trying to find a safe place for now.

There was now an opening in the Kalcion formation.

----

Back Alley

Sevaline quickly and effortlessly repositioned herself and rose her blade to the side, blocking Takeshi's swing. Sparks flew from her blade on the clash.

"Tch, you call that a swing?" she mocked. "Typical weak-ass humans."

She mockingly held her sword back and took a step towards Takeshi, as if preparing a bat of her own. Then, she took a strong swing forward, aiming towards Takeshi's neck.

"THIS IS A SWING"!

----

Some Diner...?

"Mmmm...that's not bad. Yeah, that's good stuff right there."

Seated in front of a diner, not so far away from the action that it wasn't on the skyline but not so near it that it seemed particularly in danger of collateral damage, was a Kalcion man. Blue hair, blue beard, gauze over one eye, and feet rudely propped up on the table, the man was eating a cold burger, currently skewered on his long katana. He took another wide-jawed bite of it and chewed, savoring the flavor.

"Mmmmmmmm. Yep, yep, I like it, I can dig it." He let out a small belch. "I can't believe anyone would just leave this here, this is good stuff. Mmm. Scrumptious."

The Kalcion continued to, uh, enjoy his meal. Apparently.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

The Streets of Kyoto

And there was the clear path that Charlotte so desperately was looking for. She looked around, realizing that the fighting was still going on. ... It didn't exactly make her feel great to leave the fighting to everyone else, but she had at least contributed in some small part. Besides, if she was able to somehow convince Sevaline to drop her arms... That would be a much bigger difference than continuing to fight normally. Of course, actually getting to that point was something she still wasn't sure could happen, but if there was ever a time for baseless optimism, it was now.

Never before was she more grateful for how quick her Zord was, so easily able to rush through the opening without having to worry about someone chasing after her. It all seemed a bit too convenient, but then again, the challenge she had in front of her was the opposite of convenient. She saw Sevaline and Takeshi fighting. Sevaline, who mostly existed in Charlotte's mind as Prim's extremely obvious crush, and Takeshi, who mostly existed in Charlotte's mind as that one person who threw ramen at an enemy general for some reason. Charlotte could only assume there was some deep context she was missing out on.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to interrupt this fight! Sevaline, I made a promise to Prim and I intend to keep it. And as for you... I don't know what your stake in this is, but I can't allow it to end in death!" Charlotte loudly declared to the two clashing figures.

Quickly, she briefly turned off the speakers that allowed Sevaline and Takeshi to speak with her. She then casually contacted Kenshin. It only dawned on her after she did this how ridiculous it was for her of all people to contact him for this.

"Kenshin. Allow me to drop the act and be completely serious here. There is someone fighting Sevaline, and I need all of the information on him you can give me so that I don't make a mistake. Now, I'll try to be quick..." Charlotte cleared her throat, and then did her best to describe Takeshi's appearance, desperately hoping that Kenshin knew who this was. If he didn't, this was going to be an even more awkward conversation than she was prepared for.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Streets of Kyoto - Mech Battle

"AMBER, I'M A LITTLE BUSY!" replied Kenshin, dodging turret fire and clashing his wing against a laser blade. Still, he was a teacher, and that meant having to listen to younger people talk about their problems while in the midst of much more stressful situations (though this was only slightly harder than grading papers).

"Uh, I think-" He shoved a mech back and sliced its arm off. "-I think that's Turquoise. He's our, uh, newest recruit, I think. And he-hold on!" He swung past three more blades, taking bullets in the side of the Phoenizord in the process. "DAMMIT! I uh, I think he was reported as having one fight against the Head General earlier today and then, uh, hasn't reported back since. I'm sorry, but that's all I've got, I'm kind of, uh, multitasking a bit!"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Takeshi vs Sevaline, Part 2:

Takeshi quickly gripped his mace by the shaft with both hands, blocking the incoming swing with the length of the mace, sparks flying as the many teeth of the Ripjaw scraped against it-- She was strong, indeed, forcing Takeshi to put all of his strength into holding off the blade before it reached his neck. No doubt if it hit him without his armor on, he'd be torn to shreds.

Before he had time to think of a response, what appeared to be a giant bird swooped in from on high-- A metallic bird that Takeshi could only presume was the Swan God descended before them, and in a booming, divine voice, it cried: "I'm afraid I'm going to have to interrupt this fight!"

Though the smart move would probably to be to take advantage of this distraction, Takeshi knew that he shouldn't defy the Swan God-- Hence he kept holding his ground, locking his mace against Sevaline's sword.

"WHAT IS THY WILL, OH SWAN GOD?" Takeshi shouted.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Back Alley

As Sevaline pushed back against Takeshi's mace, determined to slice his neck, she watched the massive Amber Swanzord swoop in from above. As Charlotte started barking orders, she scowled.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE BEFORE I STUFF YOU, BIRD!" she shouted up. "DON'T THINK I'M SCARED TO TAKE YOU ON ALONE, YOU DIP-"

But then, Charlotte mentioned Prim. And something changed in Sevaline's demeanor. It got...far more intense.

"What did you...?" Even though she was still clashed with Takeshi, she seemed to no longer be paying attention to him, her deadly glare fixed on the Swanzord. Suddenly, she swatted his mace away, and almost coldly walked right past him, approaching the Zord.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER?!" she shouted back. Sevaline unholstered her pistol, aiming it to the sky. YOU BASTARD! WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

Sevaline began blindly firing at the Swanzord, approaching it slowly and angrily. Shot after shot, all doing little to even scratch the Swanzord's armor.

"I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU RIGHT NOW IF YOU HURT HER!!!"

Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Allie and Owen's Roadhouse Pancake Diner

The sound of a motor engine can be heard coming from outside of the diner. Its loud roars break the silence of the abandoned streets as it drew closer to its destination.

Wearing a motorcycle helmet and a biker jacket over her track suit, Astera rides on top of her motorbike as she navigates through the abandoned streets of the broken cityscape. While most of the city remained intact, areas closer to the conflict between the Kalcion and the Justice Riders fared far worse than other parts of the city. Fortunately, Astera knew just where to go to avoid the rubble and debris scattered across the city.

Astera slows her motorbike to a stop as she arrived at the roadside diner. Both not too near the busy streets of the city and not too far for a casual stroll, this diner was a popular stop for people who either passing by, lost, or felt out of place in the world. And for Astera, she was all three of those combined in one convenient package. She got off her motorbike and removed her helmet, shaking her head to let her hair loose. She held her helmet beside her as she walked through the doors, ignoring the sign that hung askew from the window, 'Closed'.

With the invasion going on, it made sense for the diner to be abandoned. Astera could accept that. It was natural.

She gave a passing glance to the man by the table as she walked past him and took a seat in the side booth, keeping him in view. She set her helmet down on the table and looked out through the window.

She'd find it strange to meet a Kalcion here, but for a place like this, it wasn't completely out of the ordinary. Drifters and vagabonds passed through here all the time. Most of them came and went, staying only for a meal and a brief exchange before taking their leave, never to be heard from again. Others, like Astera, became weekly regulars of the diner, passing by on the way home from work on some days just to hang around.

She leans back in her booth.

"They've got some good food here, don't they? Better when they're fresh though." She says, still staring out the window. "Lots of people pass through here, most of them you'd never know or recognize... Even I don't remember most of their faces, and I'm pretty sure they won't remember mine."

She turns her head to glance at the Kalcion and leans on her helmet.

"But I never thought I'd meet the former Head General of the Kalcion Army here, sitting in some abandoned diner like it's a Friday night at home after shift, eating a cold burger like a shish kebab."
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Diner

Django Lox swallowed what he was chewing, then grinned at Astera. "Well well well, ain't this a surprise. My reputation precedes me."

He lowered his sword to his place, rubbing the burger in a splotch of ketchup before taking another bite.

"So," he said, mouth still full, "Wha's a Rider doin' roun' these par's?" He swallowed. "Not like there's any action here, ya know. Don't you have, like, a giant robot to hop in or somethin'? I'm enjoying my meal here in piece, kid, and you're blocking my sunlight over here."

He made a gesture with his free hand, insisting Astera shoo.

Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Diner

Astera chuckled with a smirk on her face, placing her chin on the back of her hands on the helmet as she looked away from Django. "Heh. I could ask you the same thing, really. Then again, guess they did say you 'retired'."

She shifts in her seat, raising her head and resting her chin on her robotic hand. She looked at the retired general with a tame interest, choosing to not acknowledge his dismissal of her. Instead he responds to his earlier question.

"I just thought I'd see how this place was doing. Needed to check in on people, ya know? But I'll take the place being abandoned as a sign that everyone made it somewhere safe..." She says as she adjusts herself to sit at the edge of the booth, allowing the lazy afternoon sunlight to shine on the Kalcion's face.

"You just here to sight see and taste the local cuisine? Doesn't look like you're here for much else."
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Diner

Django started picking in between his teeth with the tip of his sword. It was now that one could truly see how ridiculously sharp the blade was - and how Django was precise enough with it to use it as a toothpick was a question likely best left unasked.

"You don't get much of these kinds of opportunities, y'know," he replied. "Call it, like, a post-work vacation. A retirement leave? Iunno. Point is, I don't know if this town's gonna be standing in 24 hours, so I might as well get the sights in and the food tasted while I still can."

He chuckled. "Man, those kids grow up so fast, ey? I remember when that big lug was still a young scrapper, and now he's going off and getting himself killed for a righteous cause or whatever." He belched. "Things suuuure are crazy 'round these parts."

He slumped back in his chair, tilting back on its hind legs.

"I'd just run now, y'know. If you get out of this town ASAP, maybe you'll actually survive the day."

Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Diner

It took Astera a moment to process what Django had said about 'the kids'. But she quickly remembered the man's status and his legacy in the Kalcion army. This was the man who had trained each of the generals the Riders have faced off against. Having seen those generals in action, Astera knew this laidback pensioner was far from a joke. Even the way he handled his katana was telling of his expertise.

She looked out the window toward the setting sun, the aftermath of the missile threat was still visible from the cloud of smoke and ash that hung in the air. She'd watched a playback of what had happened before leaving for here. Needless to say, the video had left her with something to think about.

"I can only imagine what it's like from your end. I heard you're the one who trained him... and all of them. I know how I'd feel... Bittersweet." She sighs.

"He died for something he believed in with all of his spirit. Not many can do the same. After all that, I'm pretty sure both of our sides are in disarray. Even on an individual level." She looked at her hand, the orange rays of the sun reflected in its metallic sheen. "I know I am."

She closes her hand into a fist, the mechanical joints clacked together.

"It's nice of you to be so considerate, especially to someone like me." She looks at him. "See, I already thought about that. Running. It's definitely the easier option of the two I have..." Her expression becomes a bit more serious.

"But here I am, talking to you. Because as much as I would want it to be, this whole thing's not just about me. It's about all of us, even you. We all have a story, but not everyone gets the chance to tell it."

"By staying in the fight, I know I might die. Hell, I already got ass handed to me by your Prince just earlier today..." Her robotic hand tightens again. "...and I'm the lucky one."

"But..." She sits up, her face filled with determination. "Even after all that, I know I have to be here. I wouldn't be able to live with myself otherwise. Because out of any other time I tried in the years I've been a Rider, this is when I'm needed the most."

Yet something about Django's words didn't sit right with her.

"Twenty-four hours huh? Is that how much time everyone has left here in this city? Your ship gonna do something special?"
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Diner

"Feh," Django dismissively shrugged. "You can't do what I have for long if you don't learn to grow numb to these things quickly."

He pointed his blade, burger still sliced through, towards the sky where Gohra once stood. "And see, that whole barrage of extra missiles and the laser beam that went on there? That was Dexy losing his tempter and throwing a tantrum. So, like, I don't really see much else happening by that point going forward."

Django suddenly made a swipe in the air in front of him - one so quick that it was almost impossible to actually see the blade. The burger that was once skewered on it suddenly dropped from seemingly thin air, all on top of the plate, in perfect order. Django cleaned the ketchup off his blade with his tongue before continuing with a smirk.

"Once the guy who makes the weapons - and, between you and me, most of the choices - gets PO'd, you can bet your ass he won't just let a bunch of kids perform karate at each other all day. Once the show's over, you can bet this town will be the first to go. Boom, kablooey! Sky high, kid. Won't be pretty."

The old ex-general gave out a loud yawn and slumped back further, sheathing his sword as he did. "Soooo, just give up for your own sake, girly. It ain't worth the hassle anymore. Eat good food and get out of dodge, and hope that nerd stops at Kyoto. That's my sagely advice."

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

The Streets of Kyoto

Kenshin's information was like a beacon of normalcy compared to what happened next. First of all, Takeshi (or in Charlotte's mind, Turquoise, as she didn't know his name) was apparently very easily impressed by the concept of Zords. Combined with the information that Kenshin had given to her, it seemed likely that as the newest recruit, he just didn't know about Zords yet. Not that she could be sure. It was equally possible that he was just in awe of swans. If this were literally any other situation, she would have been extremely happy to play along, but sadly she had a promise to keep. One that she had been taking very seriously.

While Takeshi's reaction was at least far from the worst one he could have had, Sevaline's reaction was a lot more violent than Charlotte had been expecting. Or maybe it would be more accurate to say that it was violent in a different way than she had expected. Certainly, Charlotte had expected a serious glare thrown her way as soon as she mentioned Prim's name. Maybe a threat. But she also expected a chance to explain what was happening. Maybe this is what happened when her only source on someone's character was someone who had a crush on them. Sevaline's attempts to damage the Swanzord weren't exactly working. Well, that was one small consolation. At least she'd physically stay safe, though her attempts at negotiation were in a precarious position.

She turned the speakers back on so that Sevaline and Takeshi could hear her. How should she handle this...? It suddenly dawned on her that she should have asked Prim for some kind of proof to give to Sevaline. Too late for that now.

"Prim asked me to get you to stop fighting! She's concerned for your safety! As for Prim herself, she's an ally. To me, it sounded far more likely that her father was a greater threat to her safety than I imagine any of the Riders are. As for you, Turquoise... Listen to me right now. It is imperative that you do NOT fight to the death. I am uncertain of what your stake in this is, but I made a promise and I intend to keep it."
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.