[RP] Justice Riders: Planetary Defenders! ==INVASION==

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Justice Riders: Planetary Defenders! ==INVASION==

Post by lazyplague »

Training Gym

Hayate looked at Razzmatazz, with a complete lack of understanding for a moment. Slowly, a look of fear and dread passed over Hayate's face, as his gut instinct had been true. Maybe it was just a coincidence, sure, but he felt as if it was destined to happen anyway. He didn't really respond to Razzmatazz. He just forced a smile, and made a thumbs up gesture with his taped up hand. "I-I'll get it done. Don't worry about a thing, haha..." Hayate let out a nervous chuckle.

He was clearly worried about many things, but he didn't have time to go and keep worrying about them. So, he waved goodbye to Razzmatazz, and teleported out of the Gym.

Hayate heads towards the Beach, looking for Gohra.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Iyashi Hospital

Ami-Flash continues an analysis of the situation while waiting outside, running several algorithms and trying to process ways to help the situation. Without zords, they are essentially going to have to go Attack on Titan on large form Kalcions. And Ami hated that show. Maybe if she framed it as Shadow of the Collossus- no, still horrible prospects. It's times like these one really could use the ability to smash a plot device tube to balance out the powers of good and evil. Or, maybe defense missiles of their own.

Getting the government on board might be tricky. But it would be more tricky if everyone were dying from explosions.

Obviously.

Maybe we could just send dummy missiles- we'd lose the transportation pods for zords, but that might keep the zords themselves safe.

Sure, but then how do we get them out in emergencies?

Walking.

That could take precious time and kill innocents.

Anything involving screwing with their weapons systems would be trickier.
since 2008!
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Training Gym

Razzmatazz watched Hayate wave him off and leave the gym. He let out a sigh.

"Good luck, kid. Guess I'll just keep doin' my best, too..."

Iyashi Hospital

Wakana twiddled with her thumbs nervously as Ami was thinking through her plans. Rin was quietly playing with the toy Ami gave her. There was a definite sense of nervousness hanging over them, but they were keeping their calm fairly well.

After a little while, the door to Kenshin's room finally opened again.

Wakana stood up, followed by Rin, as Kenshin emerged from the doorway. He now stood on two legs instead of one...though looking at them, one was clearly a prosthetic. It was the same washed gray flesh filled with seams that made up GiGi's skin, and Kenshin seemed to wince putting weight on it. He held a crutch under his right arm to help with that, but the leg seemed fully functional, despite the short time it took to install.

"H-Honey!" Wakana exclaimed. "Should you be standing yet? You...JUST got a new-"

Kenshin chuckled, shockingly. "Y-Yeah, yeah, I know, the nurse was telling me the same thing. But things got in pretty stable condition pretty quickly, and the good doctor has me set up for a...quick release from the hospital, given circumstances." He sighed. "Though I have to check back in as soon as this whole invasion thing is over..."

"Well, yeah, as you should!" Wakana retaliated. "You got your friggin' leg cut off, you need to think about your health more carefully before you go back to work!"

"I know, I know..."

"Yet you're still going out anyway," Wakana sighed. "So typical of you." She decided to pull it back now, and gave her husband a smile. "Welcome back, Ken."

Ken returned the smile. "Good to be back, Waka."

Wakana swung her arms around Kenshin's neck and gave him a kiss, before patting him on the shoulder. "Alright, I think you've got some business to take care of?"

He nodded. "Right." He turned towards Ami. "Doctor Phineas briefed me on the situation while he was...er, installing the prosthetic. Do we...have any plans in place to counter it, yet...?"

The Beach

At the end of the beach, at the shore overlooking the ocean...

"Ah...the sunset. Don't get views like this on my planet. Beautiful, isn't it?"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

The Beach

Hayate stared wordlessly at Gohra, before clicking a button on his morpher, and well, morphing. Behind the visor of the Rider helmet, Hayate' eyes stared down Gohra, who was simply looking into the sun. What if he stares too long, and goes blind? Hayate thought for a second, before shaking off the pointless inner monologue. He stepped forward, his boot shifting the sand around, creating a noticeable sifting noise in the otherwise silent environment. Here, they were at peace from the destruction and loud noises of the constant warfare of Kyoto.

"Gohra-san," Hayate said, his voice choking up a bit at the "-san" part, "What did you call me here for? Why'd you single me out, now of all times? Don't your people need you to fight?"
Ami

Post by Ami »

Iyashi Hospital

"Ideas, all of them with a cost." Ami-Flash furrowed her brow. "Ideally, we could somehow figure out the methods behind their targeting systems and find some way around it. Example: create an immense amount of heat to divert heat-seeking. Or we hack into moving ballistics' IFF like in different sci-fi media. Ideal, but not feasible without an idea of what we're doing."

She shifts a bit in place, taking in a deep breath. "After that, we have counter-ballistics in place whether they're our own missiles or lasers or... our zords. We don't necessarily have to sacrifice our zords if their weaponry can be broken with just the hulls that are our zord transporters, but that sacrifices immediacy and could cause trillions in property damage going en route to destinations; we also have to consider the possible cost of human life and human-life-sustaining-habitats."

Starting to pace, Ami continues, "We could, of course, sacrifice our zords. But then we have the issue of our offensive capabilities. While it's definitely possible we suit all of our staff with mobility gear and anti-giant/mecha weaponry, all non-zord vehicles and weaponry lack the punch and mobility. The planet would live and die on every fight."

Ami's pacing has evolved from a simple back and forth to a tiny circle- gesticulating with her words as if they punctuated every word. "We could somehow get all countries to release all weaponry at the missiles at the same time. This might get us somewhere, but we don't know what that would mean for our immediate environmental concerns. This would range from radiation poisoning, toxic/acidic materials, and would hurt anyone not in a hasmat uniform wrapped in lead or one of our rider suits."

Ami stops for a moment, and takes in a few breaths. "We could sacrifice the lives we can't evacuate. We aren't, or at least... I won't allow it. So that leaves the last idea: chucking as much crap as we can. Something big. Like... an evacuated district, a continental shelf, maybe..." Ami's eyes go wide.

"There is one idea that I just had. Well, I don't know
if I had it, or if I had it, but what if we allowed a battle with a major Kalcion official to escalate to the transformation to a large form? It would be dangerous for all civilians involved, especially since we might not be able to pick where the battle is due to the time crunch, but if we were able to toss a body or large corpse of a Kalcion official, maybe it would be zord-like enough to trigger the explosions prematurely and hopefully from a safe enough distance away. It's the riskiest option, but doesn't require somehow magically obtaining knowledge of Kalcion tech, begging all humans to work together and hope they're in sync, nor does it unnecessarily sacrifice lives or fire power."
since 2008!
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Iyashi Hospital

Kenshin sighed. "I see...the situation really is desperate, then."

He leaned against his crutch, his eyes somber. "...If every Zord is capable of being destroyed by the barrage...even in Megazord form...is there even a Kalcion Titan big enough to block a significant amount of missiles? We don't know the extent of its power yet...and we don't know the exact time the missiles will launch, if we even have time to initiate a battle. And at most...we may spare a couple Zords doing so..."

He straightened up, staring at the floor. "...I don't think it'll work, to be honest. But we don't have much else to try and I refuse to let civilians die. Their image of the Riders is waning...I won't let that happen again. We need...to do something, but I have no idea what. I'm with you...any idea we have is risky, with no way to tell how it'll work out..."

He closed his eyes and thought for a bit.

"...I'm going to trust you," he said. "If...If there's anything you think we can do, then I'm willing to give it a try. But...I want to speak with the Riders myself first. I feel...obligated to. I feel like I've abandoned them at a terrible time...and I want to speak with them before I do anything else. Just...in case this is where we finally hit a wall."

----

The Beach

Gohra chuckled. "You're well aware why we both stand here, small one. Sunset is a beautiful time to die, is it not?"

Gohra crossed his arms, not yet facing his opponent. "Humor me for a moment, will you? I know I have a tendency to speak too much, but I'd like to do so just a little while longer."

The breeze was gentle, and the waves were quiet.

"It's funny, what people will tell themselves to keep fighting. They'll repeat meaningless buzz words to themselves over and over. They fight for truth, for revenge, for good, for evil, for justice...for honor. I think a part of us knows that these things do not mean much in the grand scheme of things. We have to fight, or we want to fight, and so we do, telling ourselves it is for a cause so we can justify it to ourselves. At some point, we may devote ourselves to that cause so devoutly, we lose sight of its meaning. It's just something we repeat to ourselves to keep us going, to keep us fighting when we know we should have stopped a long time ago."

"Aha ha ha ha! Listen to me, rambling on! Maybe I am just getting old now!" His laughter died down rather quickly. "But, you know, whether or not I truly fight for something I can call honor...or whether I am just being selfish...it does not matter now. I am doing what I believe is the right thing to do in the grand scheme of things, and I do not feel even an ounce of regret in my heart. Anticipation, sorrow, fear...but not regret."

Gohra finally turned to face Hayate.

"Small one! I shall cut to the chase!" He pointed his finger up towards the sky. "Very soon, the Kalcion Armada will be firing missiles upon the Earth from the Leviathan! Missiles capable of destroying your entire Zord armory should you counter it, and capable of killing thousands if you do not!" He crossed his arms again. "I will be blunt...if you lose your Zords, you cannot defeat the Kalcion! Professor Zebanon fear them because they are the only things capable of defeating the Titan Forms and the Leviathan! And so he will destroy them at the cost of thousands to determine victory!"

Gohra gripped his hands in tight fists. "I will not allow him...I REFUSE! To win through such underhanded means...to crush your opponent so brutally...IT'S A SHAME TO THE LEGACY OF THE KALCION! And even if it were not...it is simply...too sad. Too sad a way to end it all. We have always been the invaded, but now, as invaders, I feel our bloodlust has grown too deep. I cannot ignore the weight on my heart any longer..." He was...tearing up. "I...I CANNOT ALLOW THOUSANDS TO DIE IN THE NAME OF MALCHIOR! I KNOW HE WOULD NOT WANT IT SO! AND I REFUSE TO LET OUR SOULS BE TAINTED WITH THE LIVES OF THOUSANDS FOR SOME PATHETIC SHOW OF POOOOWEEEEEEEER!!!"

He started breathing heavily, catching his breath. "Haah...haah...ha, I'm running out of breath now...? I really am agin, aren't I...?" He straighted himself up, crossed his arms again, and looked back towards Hayate.

"I refuse to let things end this way. For that bastard doctor to get his way. So...I shall do it myself."

He hit his fist against his chest.

"I shall stop the missiles from hitting the Earth with my Titan form!"

He grinned. "My body is capable of handling the form far more than my allies...and as a result, mine is the most powerful by far. Far stronger than any Megazord you could throw at me. And knowing the current location of the Leviathan...I'm almost positive this is the angle from which the missiles will arrive. Ha ha...like I said, I suspect I am just being selfish now. But as I said, I cannot live with myself to let this end in such a way. But...i cannot help myself. I have my reservations still. Even with all my strength, I know I cannot survive such an encounter. Defending your land from the missiles...it will most surely be the end of me."

Gohra pointed towards Hayate. "And so! While I am being selfish! Small one...I want you to battle me! One last time! I care not for who wins, or who loses! I just want a reminder...to revive my confidence before I march to the finale. To remind myself that there's good reason to give my life for this species. To revive my fighting spirit. And...to celebrate this beautiful sunset with one last battle, to make my life until now feel truly worth living."

He smiled once more...but it was somber, and pleasant, and perhaps even a little...sad. "What do you say? Indulge me?"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Beach

Hayate stood stark still, as he felt his stomach knot up at Gohra's last request. It felt like he was reading the suicide note of someone who had lost faith in the world. There was a key difference in Gohra's speech, compared to the aforementioned example. Gohra was sacrificing himself because he held the honor of a warrior over the victory of a cheater. Hayate dreaded to think about how much of a loss it would be, if such a selfless and beautiful chose to put his ideals over his own people. No, not even that.

Gohra was sacrificing himself, so that his own people wouldn't be tainted by one foul person.

There was a time when Hayate didn't believe someone like Gohra existed. A lot of the people who claimed to be doing the best for the whole, in fact, turned out to be wicked monsters. They resorted to preying on the weak, and still lauded themselves as heroes. There are people in this universe, who would rather die than let their ideals go unheard, even in the dreadfulness of war. Those who hold those ideals over all else... Hayate thought, as he stared at Gohra. He saw the sunlight flash from behind Gohra, one of the menaces of the Kalcion. A threat to all of humanity.

Hayate just saw a brave old man, who had not let his will be whittled by time. A virtuous old man, not like those war heroes who don't stop helping whenever and whoever they could, even after their duty was done.

"... Gohra-san." Hayate said, his voice shaking. He lifted his hand to his mask, and removed the faceplate. Revealing his trembling lips, his sniffling nose. Signs of a fearful coward, who wanted to run away. One who didn't want to fight. But then there was those hazel eyes, ones that pierced into the souls of those who looked at them. With a clear, powerful voice, and with unshaking eyes, Hayate made eye-contact with Gohra for the first time. (At least, that Gohra could see his eyes back.)

"... I accept your challenge, Gohra-san! Let's make this the greatest battle you've ever had!" Hayate's voice echoed throughout the whole beach.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Iyashi Hospital

"Sure, I wouldn't expect you to just go on my word alone. Plus, there's bound to be objections either way. Might as well get them out of the way now."

I know your point, but I could have said that.

But I still did. Deal.

"Let's get our <hinders> over there asap." It was then Flash-Ami remembered their language filter around children, and cursed their programming.

Flash-Ami tags along with Kenshin, wherever he goes.
Spoiler : ooc :
If you've got a huge gathering going, I'll go on autopilot until my characters are needed or if I find it interesting enough to have them interject. I'll get off auto-pilot next decision time.
since 2008!
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Beach

Gohra's grin widened. "Such passion in your eyes...Yes. I've found an excellent opponent indeed."

Gohra widened his stance. He rose his fists in front of him, preparing for anything. "A final duel on the shores of a sunset apocalypse...how poetic. How perfect." He stared right back into Hayate's eyes. Even as he looked death in the face, he was still smiling.

"Small one....no...Hayate Kawaguchi! I...Gohra Kanorath, General of the Kalcion Armada and servant to Prince Malchior Oleander, challenge you! Do not hold anything back!"
Spoiler : OoC :
For convenience, I'm going to hold off on Kenshin for a bit; it's a bit difficult balancing him and Gohra right now.

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Beach

Hayate took a five second breath, before replacing his face plate. His eyes, once again hidden behind a visor, still unerringly glared directly at Gohra. He stepped forward, and matched Gohra's stance, widening himself as much as possible. The main difference, was that he kept his palms outward. I have to be prepared for one of his strikes as early as possible, Hayate though. He looked at the stone on the back of the Absorption Gloves. They were his main trick. He had to use them well.

And with that, he waited. Should he make the first move, or should Gohra? He leaned forward, ready to jump forward the second Gohra did. Anticipating everything.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Beach

The two silently glared at one another for a moment. It was brief...but it felt like an eternity. Waiting for who would move first, who would initiate the battle.

And then...Gohra took the first step.

The goliath charged towards Hayate, reeling his fist back. With the absence of the heavy armor shoulder pad, he seemed lighter, quicker on his feet and more smooth in his movements. The moment he got in range, Gohra shot his fist forward towards Hayate's chest with the force of a launching cannonball.

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Beach boiz

Like in earlier fights, Hayate didn't try to dodge Gohra's attacks. He pushed forth, and braced himself for Gohra's punch. He intercepted the first with both of his hands. Expectedly, purple flames burst from his gloves, casting a light purple tinge of color onto Gohra's pale skin.

Hayate tucked his body in, gripped Gohra's fist as hard as he could, and pulled Gohra's arm.
Spoiler : OoC :
This is basically the equivalent of Hayate tried to throw Gohra off balance a bit.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Beach

Gohra could tell what Hayate was trying to do. He braced himself, planting his feet firmly in the ground; the sandy terrain worked against him, though. He felt himself slipping forward, potentially giving Hayate the opening he was looking for.

Undeterred, Gohra decided to take the tumble and use it as an opening. He swung back one of his legs and aimed a sharp kick to Hayate's shin; he lost his balance doing so, beginning to fall forward, but he didn't go down without a fight.

lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Beach

Hayate wasn't fast enough on his feet to dodge this one. He also couldn't just take a direct blow to the shin this early. He hopped into the air as fast as he could, and allowed Gohra's leg to push his own from out of under him. By not keeping his legs firmly on the ground, the damage wouldn't be devastating to Hayate. However, Hayate quickly realized that he too now was falling, along with Gohra.

He landed in the sand, and tried to scurry back up as fast as possible.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Beach

Gohra crashed to the sand with Hayate. He quickly pushed himself back up and managed a quick couple of steps back away from Hayate. He returned to his stance, breathing heavily and grinning.

"Quick on and off your feet, eh?" he prodded.

Gohra put his fists up in front of him and quickly stepped back towards Hayate. This time, however, he was bobbing and weaving back and forth, like a boxer. Rather than his cannon blast punch, Gohra began jabbing at Hayate from either side, sending lighter (yet still fairly powerful) punches at either side of him in quick succession. He was trying to catch Hayate off guard...send some rapid and less predictable strikes to try and get around the Rider's iron defense.