~UDRRP: Forlorn Field Trip~ {OOC} MURDER APPS UPDATE

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Ami
Spoken languages: English

~UDRRP: Forlorn Field Trip~ {OOC} MURDER APPS UPDATE

Post by Ami »

Ultra DANGAN RONPA Role Play: Forlorn Field Trip

Since we need music~

Character Behaviors/SHSL Investigation Usages to Consider When Making Murder Apps

This section is currently under construction!

Current Murder Me First List

This section will not be in use until Chapter 2 murder applications open!

=====================================================

Below is vestigial information from sign-ups, all important information is maintained in the opening post of the in-character thread.
Spoiler : Ye Olden Introduction Stuff :
Additional Information
- No knowledge of the DR series needed, but there may be spoilers regarding the actual series.
- Like the game enigma's running, failure to catch the culprit will result in an Alternate Universe post wherein the culprit escapes. However, the RP will continue as if the culprit was caught.
- This RP is a concurrent, alternative role play to "DRRP.2" without intent to compete with said RP. Aside from Dangan Ronpa source material and format, this RP and "DRRP.2" does not and will not share plot and setting; and isn't otherwise associated with "DRRP.2".
Drill Sergeant Campbell's Curriculum
Welcome, prospective society re-builders, soldiers, support staff, and other miscellaneous people in the resistance effort. You are picked because you have shown exceptional promise at a very young age in this endless, bitter conflict. To this end, we've provided you a safe and secure domicile for you to begin your on-the-job training... and to work on something that will completely and utterly wipe out despair. This would be the Tartarus Towers: a castle that resides deep underneath the Earth's crust.

Know that the HOPE of many rest on your shoulders, in your he-

PPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHZZZZZZTTTTTTT

Is this thing on? I don't think it's on yet. It is? Good! What a bore, right? But I'm here to spice things up! I'm who you came for, anyways~ It really gives me paws to see such dedication in my new students.

What's all this stuff with armies and training and stuff? That sounds boring. And who sends a bunch of students on such a dangerous field trip without a chaperone? Well, as your headmaster, I will fulfill that role well enough. Plus, if you want to help out an army, you're more than ready for some THRILLS, CHILLS, KIIIILLLS! Upupupupu!

So buckle up real tight on the way down, 'cuz I'm anxious to start our field trip of mutual killing as soon as possible!
Background (Minor DR Spoilers)
The Despair burns the minds and hearts of all men and women- as it burns across what used to be civilization. Riots and roving battalions of disciples of despair. These groups worship the symbol of Monokuma, wearing masks and clothing dedicated to their idol into bouts of wanton, soul-crushing slaughters. Worse yet are charismatic leaders formulating ingenious blows to the morale of all that would dare think differently. There isn't a single country immune to their influence, not a corner of the word their entropic empire doesn't firmly grip in its grasp.

Luckily, The Future Foundation has mounted a resistance to Despair. However, for every step forward the resistance makes, they seem to be two steps back in losses. Forced into guerrilla tactics and stealthy strikes, they barely hold out against the forces of despair. But where there is hope, there is a will to fight. In isolated pockets world wide, there are communities of people picking up the shattered pieces of the society that once was to rebuild and improve.

Deep within a desert in Nevada, there are a collection of trailers and tents that surrounds a simple, cylindrical- yet cavernous opening. This is Camp Hope's Valley, a sentinel that guards this burrow at all costs. Down this cave- dubbed Archeron's Tunnel- lies Tartarus Towers. This castle lies 4.444 miles underneath the Earth's surface, and is therefore specially fortified to endure the heat and pressure. Without using the special vessel, the minute the docking bay opens, one would burn to death under the pressure. This natural barrier keeps Tartarus Towers safe from attack, and is therefore very difficult to infiltrate.
Player Applications are closed.
[spoiler="Good momomomomomomomomomomorning! Did you count how many times Ibuki said "mo"?!"]Ibuki knows that applications are closed![/spoiler]

Game Moderators and NPC's
Spoiler : Son of a Submariner! :
Staff:
Head GM: Ami
Co-GM: NihilisticNinja
Co-GM: Kwando1313
since 2008!
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: ~SU/DRRP/3D: Forlorn Field Trip~ {Signups/OOC}

Post by gotMLK7 »

Probably won't be joining this but I'll offer my services and make sprites for this RP.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Ami

Post by Ami »

gotMLK7 wrote:Probably won't be joining this but I'll offer my services and make sprites for this RP.
Got: SHSL Co-GM. <3

Jokes aside, YES SO MUCH YES. We need so many graphics. ;__; We'd love to have you aboard to help with this matter.
since 2008!
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Super Ultra Role-Play.... SURP.

Since DRRP is already called derp, I take the liberty of calling this slurp.
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

I've sent in my app. It's a male character, for those who are interested.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Super Ultra Dangan Ronpa Role Play 3D.
Exclusively for the 3DS. Only 29.99$!

The Boot Camp setting sounds interesting. Will the players have to wake up to a trumpet every morning? :D
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Alnar wrote:Super Ultra Dangan Ronpa Role Play 3D.
Exclusively for the 3DS. Only 29.99$!

The Boot Camp setting sounds interesting. Will the players have to wake up to a trumpet every morning? :D
We need SHSL bugler lol.

Anyway, sent in app.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
spd12

Post by spd12 »

Evolina brought up really good questions in the xat that I'm gonna drop here with a little of my own queries.

Since it does involve spoilers for the actual games, it gets a spoiler tag!
Spoiler : Game spoilers... maybe!! :
Since characters have SHSLs, does this mean they were students of Hope's Peak? If so, should the Most Despairing Event be referenced in applications? If so... how long ago was it? With high school students, every year counts in establishing a realistic timeframe.
That said, looking forward to seeing how this story develops. It's an intriguing set-up, to be sure!
Nearavex

Post by Nearavex »

Spoiler : Game Spoilers :
Hmm... While it does make more sense chronologically, lack of amnesia certainly does take away a few elements iconic to Dangan Ronpa - the situation is more rational for our characters, as we basically know what Monokuma is and why he was able to take over.
Also, will there be any visual aid for that location...? I have trouble picturing it at the current point it time.
Av by ticcy
Itashi
Spoken languages: English, 简体华文.

Post by Itashi »

Can't use my app for 0.2 since the setting is different, will send in a new app after some procrastinating soon. Likely to be female.

Also haven't played the game so I'm not sure what are the SHSL talents that were already taken. Hope mine won't be a repeat.

Kagura (Gintama) av by Gin-Uzumaki.
Nearavex

Post by Nearavex »

*looks at the post count*

Uhh... Hello. :|
Av by ticcy
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Will this have SDR spoilers?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

@ Got: I'd be happy to have you as a co-GM.

@ spd12: They were not previously Hope's Peak students; they're joining as 'students' to aid the resistance. That event can be freely referenced in applications. A timeframe has not yet been decided.

@ Nearavex: Graphics to illustrate the area will be made.

@ Gumpei: We haven't come to an official opinion on this, but I believe the GM stance is that there is a heavy chance of spoilers, but we will actively work to ensure that there are no SDR2 spoilers, and that people who have not yet played/read DR1 are not majorly spoiled on it.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Post by Evo »

This will be my character if I manage to write an app.
Spoiler : musophobia warning :
Nearavex

Post by Nearavex »

Hmm... Now I wonder, Evo, maybe you could make sprites for this, if you have free time and once you're done with DRRP2?
Av by ticcy