Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [Courtroom -CLOSED-]

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Re: Super Dangan Ronpa 0.2 [Courtroom -Currently Open-]

Post by Blackrune »

"Sloooooow down. I know I was the one who was all for the gear as a weapon, but... there's no way it'd mess someone's hand up THAT badly. I think gas mask has the better guess here. Not saying the rest of your story is wrong, but this wound is probably from something more obvious, like a knife. You were the one who said the gears were rusty a while ago, no? That would explain how we saw blood on only one of them, even if the wound was deep. Heck, it was probably already bandaged up at that time, nobody would run around leaving a giant blood trail like that."

He paused with a smile, his hands almost clapping together, but hesitating at the last moment.

"Anyway, everything can totally be explained with this. The fact ninja girl was stupid enough to reveal it doesn't really change that. Unless someone else is hiding wounds...?"
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

"...Hiding wounds, huh...?" A similar suggestion got Osuji in trouble last time, but he was hoping people would be a bit more... mature, in this circumstance.

"I really don't get why we can't just search everyone to narrow it down. That makes sense, doesn't it?"
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
spd12
Spoken languages: English

Post by spd12 »

"There aren't a lot of sharp tools left in this shed!" Chartreuse chimes in courtesy of Teruko, which is as always terrible to behold. "Nobody found anything else with blood on it!"

The puppeteer, having done this, rolls their right shoulder again as Chartreuse settles back down to a seated position and, for the definition of settling down, does. There's not much in the way of leg kicking or anything of that sort. Her facial expression, to the extent one can ever be fully gleaned, continues to be devoid of much of anything even in the wake of the unwelcome and unwated wordplay.

"I do not see cause to remove and covet the gear," Teruko says, "for the machine could hardly fulfill its own purpose with all its parts intact. To remove one... I suspect, it would even less than useless." She looks off to the side again - at this point, which side she's eyeing is likely irrelevant to the big picture.
Spoiler : GuardianDreamer :
On some level, it kind of seems like she's speaking with some authority on the matter beyond 'ooh, I have the floor, let me talk!'
Teruko seems to take in a deep breath again, her shoulders apparently slacking...? Chartreuse looks down...? No, that just may be an idle gesture of the puppeteer's.

Chartreuse shoots right back up to their feet. "You gotta keep a tight schedule! You don't got time for the magical doo hickey you don't have the manual, box, or receipt for to work!" Chartreuse explains, leaning forward with a raised arm. "Then you get real real real impatient and break something even worse than when you started!"

Chartreuse slowly withdraws, though still standing.

"Do not forget... what our Captain showed in the demonstration," Teruko says, "he had to take apart and put back together the machine in order to keep it working as our victim met their watery grave... wouldn't it be likely the operator of the previous evening would have had to do the same, at least once?"

Isn't Mononeko still alive, just soaked to the core in pool water that someone died in?

"Prolly cut themselves checking out that junk!" So sayeth Chartreuse. "Stuff looks so rusty, run down, and old I'd hit it to turn it on!"
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Katsurou flinched upon hearing Masahiro's counter-argument. It was true, after all. The wrappings around her arm would absorb the blood, and a fresh bandage wrap would stop any further bleeding... Not to mention the question of what Shiho of all people would be doing with the gear, or why she would even be outside her room.

"Tch..." he says, clenching his teeth. "Give me... a moment to rethink..." his hand goes to his head, gripping his hair tightly as he went through his thoughts.

"Fine then..." he continues, not willing to stay silent. "As the puppeteer says, it would there is no reason for that gear to ever leave the machine, it would be be far more complicated if the gear ever did. Let's then say that our culprit, having set up the machine, started it. Yet, due to its condition, it malfunctioned. In an attempt to fix it, our culprit cut their hand on the gears, which is how blood got on the one gear in the back... Once the machine finally started running, they quickly left to bandage their hand and establish their alibi..."

Katsurou then stops.

Wait... Something's not right... he thinks, realizing something.

I know I checked... I definitely checked that place.

But... if that's so... then that can only mean they came from...

He begins to put together the facts, slowly coming to see the big picture. The one thing he needed, and it completely slipped his mind until now. It all made sense. He had finally done it. A smile formed on his lip, his body began to shake.

"Ha...haha..." he laughs, his head bowed low. For some reason, he begins to walk away from his place beside Masahiro, circling the stand until he stands beside Osuji, taking his place where Shiho would have stood. "Hah... Excuse me..." he tries to say all while holding back the laughter that was steadily growing inside him. "I must claim... haha... this spot... hah..." Really, can he form any coherent sentence at this point? Yet he clearly changed places for a good reason.

"Hahaha.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!" Suddenly, Katsurou bursts out in complete laughter, arms raised up high. This continues for a good minute, clearly bringing the attention to him. Once he finally calms down, his hand rests on the stand. Yet one can clearly see the smile on his face.

"I... have it..." he manages to say, still shaking. His head slowly rises, eyes opening to greet the person at a 45 degree angle on his left...

"Masahiro Honda. I finally have it..." he says, looking straight into her eyes.
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Masahiro doesn't flinch, or act confused, to Katsurou's unusual outburst. She simply watched him laugh, and then laughed with him.

"Ha, ha, ha!! Is this your true face, mental mortal?!" she addressed Katsurou, arms crossed "Behold your demonic presence, as I grant you the title of 'demon'! You stand in the rightful position of the Shiho human, who was claimed by the apparitions of the night. But why! Announce to us, then, demon. Announce to us what it is you 'have'. I shall bear the presence of it, and destroy it without hesitation!!"

Masahiro laughs ominously, and a dreadful presence begins to emanate from her. She's ready to ward away these false accusations, and to do so has taken her second form. Can pathetic mortals really stand to one such as her? Nay, not even with the blessing of the heavens! Yet, Masahiro herself has admitted one into the ranks of demon. Perhaps it is they who can trounce her! Or shall they fall to despair, in realisation that they are wrong. So, so wrong!
Discussion! HOPE vs DESPAIR

"Beware, Masahiro Honda! Do you truly hope to defeat a demon? Pathetic! For 'twas not I who committed this act!"

"DEMON GENERAL OF DREAD: MASAHIRO HONDA!"
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

"Hah! The question lies not on my own guise, but yours!" Katsurou declares with a laugh, meeting Masahiro's burning gaze with his own. "And I intend to unmask you for who you truly are, Great Demon General! For I have been bestowed a title, one that I carry in the name of those who cannot!"

Katsurou arms spread out, moving around in a rehearsed manner before locking into a pose. "Master Mentalist, the Great Box King and Surrogate of Justice... Katsurou Shirasagi shall reveal the undeniable truth he possesses!" he exclaims, matching the ninja's theatrics with his own. For who else can allow themselves to ascend (or arguably descend) to such a level?

"What I have, oh Great Demon General, is the clear truth of all that transpired on the night of the murders! And all the evidence combined can only point to one true culprit!" Such confidence coming from him can only mean that whatever he is thinking is something he deeply believes to be true.

"To begin, on the night in question, the blind Tsuyotoko Osuji had taken residence in the Sick Bay. Yet unknown to all but a select few, he had never fallen asleep, staying awake throughout the entire night! During that time, the door to the Sick Bay opened three separate times."

Evidence Bullet Fired! Osuji's Testimony

During the night, since he spent it in the sick bay fully awake,he heard the door open three times. There was a long gap between the first two times and the last time.

"Our culprit, knowing full well that Osuji lay within the room, needed to be careful if they wanted to enter. They did not want to wake him from slumber, for they assumed him to be asleep! And yet he was conscious enough to hear the door open... But wait, why didn't he hear footsteps? You may argue that no one entered the Sick Bay that night... but no! For the straitjacket our first victim, Akira Nakajima, was wearing had to have come from the inside! The culprit would require exceptional skills in infiltration in order to walk a room without so much as making a sound!"

"And now, what about the nature of the injuries of our victims?"

Evidence Bullet Fired! Monokuma File #1

Name: Akira Nakajima
The time of death was around 12:45am.
The body was found in the pool.
Cause of death was drowning.
The victim's legs were broken before death. The victim also has a bruise on the back of their head (this has also left a small cut on it). There are no other injuries.

Evidence Bullet Fired! Monokuma File #2

The victims name is Shiho Kisaragi.
The time of death was 3:00am
The body was found in the victims room.
Cause of death was hanging.
The victim definitely jumped from the chair. They were not pushed, the chair was not pulled from under them, nor did they accidentally fall off.
There is a bruise on the back of the victims head. (This has also left a slight cut on it.)

"The bruise to the back of their head, the culprit needed to be behind their target in order to inflict such a wound! While it may be easier to strike at Akira, one would need to be highly skilled in order to get behind the Super High School Level Sukeban, Shiho Kisaragi, without alerting them before dealing a swift strike to the back of their head!"

"But that's not all, for Akira sustained one other injury!"

Evidence Bullet Fired! Akira's Legs

If someone examines Akira's legs closely they'll notice evidence that one of her legs has old damage to it. The killer either knew this was their weakness of it was a simple coincidence.

"The legs of our victim just so happened to be their weak point. Whether coincidence or not, our culprit carefully analyzed their target and determined their weak point, which they used to disable her!"

This is the point where Katsurou pauses, leaving him open to counter-argument. Is that all our Mentalist has to offer? All of which he has stated can be linked to at least one other person!
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

"It seems you have really thought this one through, Katsurou Shirasagi!" isn't that the first time she's called someone by their name since Sigmund "And it is true, I am a master ninja! A great demon ninja! Yes, I could have passed through the sick bay without a sound. Yes, I could have moved unseen and unnoticed by the Shiho human. But to be able to analyze someone like that, and plan ahead? I am a ninja, not an assassin! I analyze the environment, not those within it! They are simply pairs of eyes and ears. Ones I must surpass to successfully reach my destination without detection!"

"So then, I announce, who is capable of all of your points?!"

Masahiro dramatically strikes a finger forth... to the SHSL Cosplayer!

"Yes! The very man trained to take on any role! The ability to go by undetected? The ability to surprise a well-trained victim? And even the ability to analyze a person to find their weaknesses? Yes... Naota Feykeneme, Phoenix Wright, Battler Ushiromiya, whatever you desire to call this mortal who sits under a million guises. They are capable of such things, and certainly they would stand to the SHSL Actor in their ability to hide their guilt! So why, I ask you, are your gazes not directed at such a suspicious mortal?!"
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

"An accusation without fault, I agree..." Katsurou replies with a nod. Yet the smile on his face is still present. "But did you think that I would leave my own argument wide open enough to encompass two suspects?"

He shakes his head and laughs.

"Hah! Know this, Demon General. I have set my sights on you." he declares with his own dramatic point. "And nothing escapes my eyes."

The icy glare accompanied by the wide grin on his face could only be described as chilling.

"Yes, Masahiro. The evidence does indeed point to one other. But as I said earlier... ALL evidence combined points to one true culprit. Yes, I have a fourth piece of evidence that will lead to only you being the culprit!"

Evidence Bullet Fired! Akira's Body

Akira's body was found floating face down in the pool. She was wearing a straight jacket, and had cloth bandages wrapped thickly around her mouth.

"Tell me, Masahiro. Where did the bandages around Akira's mouth come from?"
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

"Hmph. Where else would one discover bandages? Apart from my personage, the Sick Bay should be amply supplied with medical equipment! On my visit there many a day ago, I did see such things. Are you to argue that the Sick Bay does not contain bandages? Pah, if that was the case, what a useless infirmary 'twould be!!"
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

The side of Katsurou's index finger begins to tap on his forehead, his eyes closed to give the impression that he was thinking. Yet the continued presence of the smile on his face betrayed the fact that he already knew the answer.

"Ah, yes. Make no mistake, the Sick Bay does indeed have plenty of cloth bandages in ready supply. Indeed, the culprit could have taken some with them that night as they retrieved the straitjacket from there..."

His eyes open, and he gives a small laugh.

"But I checked. You see, I know where the cloth bandages come from too. They are stored in the medicine cabinet of the Sick Bay. I did, after all, use quite a few in order to treat our blind actor here. This was before the murders occurred. Now the thing is, when I investigated the Sick Bay earlier this morning... the medicine cabinet remained untouched. The culprit did not get their cloth bandages from the Sick Bay that night."

"Now who was it again that said that they were always amply supplied with wrappings?"
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

"Of course, it is I. You may notice I keep myself well protected in these wrappings, and they did serve me well during my encounter with the killer. But, Katsurou Shirasagi... there is a simple explanation for this. The murders of the Shiho human and the Akira human were very clearly planned. Yes, planned by the infamous Executioner themselves! So what is to say that such a person did not obtain the bandages they'd need for the crime long in advance?! Is that not an easy possibility?!"
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

"I'm terribly sorry for interrupting your one-on-one confrontation-" A look at his face made it clear he wasn't.

"...but if they took the bandages that long beforehand, they would have done the same with the straightjacket. It's kiiind of more important for the plan, no?"
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

"A handful of bandages, stolen from the sickbay, who would notice such a thing? No person would, not even a professional detective! But a straightjacket? If one were to have disappeared without explanation, of course suspicion would be aroused among the students, so the killer had to retrieve such an important item on the night! A plausible explanation, yes?"
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Katsurou shakes his head in disagreement. "If the murder had been so carefully planned, then explain to me why these notes were made after Shiho's murder! I imagine they are not easy to make and would take hours of work. These notes take much more effort than getting a few simple cloth bandages. If the culprit was already plotting the murder as early as yesterday, why didn't they make the notes beforehand?"
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

To be quite honest, for most of the trial, Masami had been... Well, rather confused what had been going on. Satsuko-kun being... Phoenix Wright... No Battler... No Black Battler. Masahiro-chan being a demon, this Executioner deal... It was, well, all rather strange and perplexing.

But, at least right now, she... Kinda had a clue what was going on?

"Y-Yeah! Katsurou-kun is perfectly correct here! My note was slightly damp when I found it. If... This had been planned in advance, they would have made the notes sooner rather than later, right? After all, it's not like those circumstances could change that easily, right?"

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."