Ace Attorney 6

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

FenrirDarkWolf
Spoken languages: English

Re: Ace Attorney 6

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Mr. Onizuka wrote:I've been playing the game. I want to ask who else thinks that Case 4 was a big load of bull.
*shrugs*
I really liked it.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : Trucy fanart :
So Trucy's voiced by Kira Buckland (Umi from Love Live!, Saionji from Danganronpa 2, etc.) who's famously a massive JoJo's nerd and is probably easier to find in JoJo cosplay than out of it. So I drew Trucy JoJo'ing it up to celebrate! Partially because I'm a fan of the voice actress and the character, mostly because I want senpai to notice me on Twitter.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Mr. Onizuka
Spoken languages: English, Español

Post by Mr. Onizuka »

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Mr. Onizuka wrote:I've been playing the game. I want to ask who else thinks that Case 4 was a big load of bull.
*shrugs*
I really liked it.
There are things that I liked about it (like the Blackquill-Cykes dynamic), but... I dunno. The whole case suffered from being predictable. Too predictable (Though, to be fair, the whole game suffers from this). The logic didn't seem sound (which is the main problem I have with the case) (And before you ask, I'll need to play it again to tell you my specific concerns). Even the tropes used were easy to foresee.
Spoiler : :
Balloons. I foresaw that breakdown the moment I saw her nervous for the first time. And I'm not very good at figuring things out that fast.

Guess I really should play it again and see if I think the same after a second playthrough.

UPDATE: Played Case 5. It's actually pretty good. And the ending is very good, as well.
gotMLK7 wrote:
Spoiler : Trucy fanart :
So Trucy's voiced by Kira Buckland (Umi from Love Live!, Saionji from Danganronpa 2, etc.) who's famously a massive JoJo's nerd and is probably easier to find in JoJo cosplay than out of it. So I drew Trucy JoJo'ing it up to celebrate! Partially because I'm a fan of the voice actress and the character, mostly because I want senpai to notice me on Twitter.
Saw Twitter. Senpai noticed you. Great art! (I'm JoJo trash too)
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Mr. Onizuka wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
*shrugs*
I really liked it.
There are things that I liked about it (like the Blackquill-Cykes dynamic), but... I dunno. The whole case suffered from being predictable. Too predictable (Though, to be fair, the whole game suffers from this). The logic didn't seem sound (which is the main problem I have with the case) (And before you ask, I'll need to play it again to tell you my specific concerns). Even the tropes used were easy to foresee.
Spoiler : :
Balloons. I foresaw that breakdown the moment I saw her nervous for the first time. And I'm not very good at figuring things out that fast.

Guess I really should play it again and see if I think the same after a second playthrough.
Maybe I'm a little biased because I like playing as Athena a lot and it was nice to give her some much-needed screen time. I really liked how Blackquill and Athena played off each other, and I liked seeing them completely destroy Nahyuta's (comparatively underprepared, to his other cases) case.
I can agree that a few things are rather predictable (again, as you said, the whole game DOES suffer from this. Most contradictions I wasn't sure about I still got on my first try). The biggest reason I enjoyed this case is because it was a break from the "EVERYTHING'S BIG AND TERRIBLE" sort of theme the other cases have, and the worst thing that could happen in this case is... Blackquill loses his favourite restaurant.
Then again, I'm also a sucker for silly filler cases that have a connecting theme to the rest of the game.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Case 4 kinda just was what it was. It wasn't a spectacular case but it wasn't overly offensive either. There were some great ideas in it (Uendo is a fantastic character) but the whole thing feels underdeveloped- frankly, I see no reason why it had to be a pure courtroom case. This case would have REALLY benefited from an investigation with more depth and exposition, but, really... we didn't need another filler case to begin with when we already had 6-2, which was filler, but amazing filler.

Funny how you praise Blackquill, he's actually part of the problem.
Spoiler : extremely minor case 4 spoilers (probably safe to read, but just in case) :
He actively takes part in the Athena-shaming the case enjoys doing far too much (Nahyuta: lol i wasn't talking to you i was talking to blackquill he's wearing the pants here), which frankly makes it hard to take her seriously as a main character when the game is still trying to sell me on that idea. Never mind that he basically hold Athena's hand the entire way through and always needs to do her job for her to get things out of the witnesses... and why is he doing it all? Soba. I DID IT FOR THE SOBA. This is almost as ridiculous as the infamous coat hanger motive from Conan.
I would have had given Case 4 an investigation phase, removed all mention of Blackquill from it, and then make it a DLC case or something, I don't know. Three main playable characters is NEVER going to work, both DD and SOJ have proven that. Two, maximum. We really need to kill off one of these people while there's still time. (lookin' at you, Nick)

...by the way fine i was wrong AA6 nearly beat out GK2 for me as the best game ever. AA6 has flaws, GK2 has none, that was the only dealbreaker- Case 5 is probably my favorite case ever.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

you didn't mention how blackquill treats athena like she's 3 years old even though she beat him in court in DD, and saved his life by helping in the case that he thought was hopeless.
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

i didnt think i was supposed to

but those are also good points

what i said would also help it but case 4 would just be a lot better if blackquill didn't exist
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

also if blackquill didn't exist athena might have gotten arrested for metis' murder so we wouldn't need to deal with dd so there's that too

new goal: find the secret path in dgs2 that let's us find blackquill's ancestors and kill them
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

nah, we'd just get empty athena instead

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

well

still an improvement
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

I agree that the case definitely leaves more to be desired (structuring it like 5-4 would've been nice tbh), but I still love it all the same.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

The structure isn't really the problem, the lack of character exposition and development is.

Structuring it like 5-4 just sort of... leaves us with that exact same problem.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Somebody has to make this joke. If only I had the necessary art skills.
Spoiler : 6-4 :
Geiru: My name is Geiru Toneido.
Taifu: And I have SEVERE EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS!
Taifu: Welcome to the troupe! I'm Taifu, and I'm a jerk!
Taifu: Based on your audition, you look worthless, but I could use laughs.
Geiru: Gosh, my father was so amazing. I wish I could work up to his level of rakugo skill someday.
Geiru: I-I was wondering... M-Maybe... Would you like to give me some lessons so I could--
Taifu: No time for that! How about some soba?
Geiru: I have an allergy.
Taifu: All our routines are soba-based!
Geiru: Um, I know I haven't been great this last month, but--
Taifu: Oh, do I have an idea for you!

[A note reads: Yes, you do need the balloons under your dress. - Taifu]
Geiru: Well, an order's an order.
Geiru: *wig in hand* Ugh, what an awful show.
Geiru: That one magician said he wanted to see a clown shot in the face.
Taifu: Ugh... Geiru.
Geiru: Ah, you saw that?!
Taifu: Listen, you're on clown duty permanently. Putting you there is easier than just talking to you about your life choices.
Geiru: *sadly puts on a wig while Uendo shows up*
Taifu: Hey, Uendo, you're late.
Taifu: You may have just showed up, but I like you. I want you on Rakugo.
Taifu: Also, since my worthless student over there can't even enjoy soba, I may even give you this fool's father's name someday!
Geiru: *Horrified look*

Geiru: Well darn. Now everyone thinks I'm hopeless. I need help.
Taifu: You rang?
Geiru: Master Toneido!
Taifu: Listen, I have a very important job for you that only you can do...
[Later]
Owen: Ha ha ha! You're silly!
Geiru: I'm reduced to entertaining my five year old coworker...
Owen: Huh?
Owen: That's not a dog. Can't you give me a dog?
Geiru: Uh...
Uendo: *Regaining "Uendo"* What am I doing...? I'm going to be late for my full house tonight!
Geiru: *Glare*
Geiru: Um, Master Toneido, do you think what you're doing to Uendo is right?
Taifu: Did you say something? I wasn't paying attention.
Geiru: Don't you think you should do something for his condition?
Taifu: Sure, I can do something for him...
Taifu: ...a nice soba dinner!

Taifu: Hmm, what other lives can I ruin?
Bucky: Hey!
Bucky: Mahstah Toneido, it'sh terrible! My old man died, and I'm not sure how to run the shop, except that the dough bettah be fresh!
Taifu: Gotta run!
Bucky: That'sh the deed you're taking!
Taifu: Hey, and don't ruin the restaurant, please?
[Bucky is ill while Blackquill glares from in prison.]
Taifu: Hey, any daughters of Uendo the First in this place?
Geiru: !
Taifu: I'd thought I'd remind you of your father's legacy.
Taifu: But first!
Taifu: We have a special event coming up. Get ready to be... what do I have you failing at?
Geiru: Balloon animals.
Taifu: Whatever! I'm giving away your father's name!

Taifu: Geiru, I'll get you to leave this troupe if it's the last thing I do!
Geiru: If you get me to leave this troupe, I don't know what I'd do...
Taifu: Good thing I don't care!
Taifu: Uendo, you can use your mental problems to make money! [Uendo leaves confidently.]
Taifu: [To a despondent Geiru.] Oh, you just finished that humiliating set. So now if I wanted to, I could actually talk to you.
Taifu: You know what that means...
[Pulls out bowl of soba.]
[Geiru glares.]
Taifu: Oh well, more for me!
Taifu: But hey, it could be worse for you, I mean...
Taifu: At least one five-year-old likes you!
[Geiru starts suffocating Taifu!]

Blackquill: Bucky, the detectives found this note from Master Toneido.
Note: Congratulations, you've been found not guilty!
[Bucky smiles]
Note: PS: But your defense attorney was as useless as Geiru.
[Athena and Geiru glare.]
At risk of repeating myself
Spoiler : 6-4 :
Taifu is a jerk.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Spoiler : minor dlc case spoilers :
can we just kill off nick and maya already i am literally so sick of this mentality of shoving the classic characters into the limelight for the sake of cheap nostalgia pops that lost their charm several games ago while the more important new characters who still have stories to tell are just shoved off to the side and reduced to "running gag" status

i'm literally ready to round up the whole AA cast and play dangan ronpa with them all and kill off obsolete characters and LARRY BUTZ WILL BE THE FIRST TO DIE BECAUSE HOW DOES LARRY BUTZ BECOME EVEN MORE OF A HORRIBLE CHARACTER THAN HE ALREADY WAS TO BEGIN WITH.

Part of me is legitimately impressed they managed to make this character even MORE unlikable but Larry Butz needs to never come back ever oh my god out of all the cheap nostalgia characters just NEVER AGAIN even if you ARE GOING TO HIT A NEW LOW WITH HIM WHICH YOU DID PERFECTLY THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Blue1234

Post by Blue1234 »

After case 4, I noticed some people don't like Blackquil's appearance, but I like him as a defense attorney more than a prosecutor. Maybe it's my love for his attitude and humor, but I like the discussion and teamwork him and Cykes have so far, despite the reasons he's acting as the defense
"I don't want you guys to lose sight of yourselves because you doubt and hate me. I just... want to see you guys embody hope!" -Nagito Komaeda