Ace Attorney 6

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Gizmological
Spoken languages: English

Ace Attorney 6

Post by Gizmological »

I haven't seen a topic dedicated to the discussion of AA6 yet, so here we go.

Warning: I'm sure I don't need to tell you that if you want to go into the new game blind, you should avoid this topic.

Now that AA6 has been announced, I'm interested in people's thoughts and theories on the new game. From what we've heard so far, it's set in another country full of temples. This country also has a belief in spirits. (EDIT: The country has been revealed to be the "Kingdom of Kurain.) A new mechanic called the "Water Mirror" is involved and Phoenix is the main character. Also, the theme is apparently "Courtroom revolution." What that actually means, well, your guess is as good as mine.

Let me know if there's anything I missed.

I'll also leave some of my favourite screenshots here, but I'm sure most of you have already seen them:
Spoiler : :
Can I just say that I LOVE this new courtroom. It's so preeeeeeetty.

Find more of these here
I hope that you'll share your thoughts on AA6, as well as any hopes that you have for it.

The Japanese trailer has been released. Being in Japanese, it doesn't exactly reveal a whole lot and the visuals are mostly made up of things we've seen in the screenshots anyway. However, the end of the trailer does confirm that Apollo Justice will be making a return in AA6.

A subbed trailer can be found here.
Last edited by Gizmological on Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
energizerspark

Re: Ace Attorney 6

Post by energizerspark »

The "courtroom revolution" thing makes me wonder if it has something to do with the Jurist system. (Please note that I have yet to actually play beyond the first case of Dual Destinies so I don't know if anything in that story mentioned it.)
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Gizmological

Post by Gizmological »

I would have thought it would include Athena, seeing as her theme was titled "Courtroom Revolutionnaire." But so far, we've seen no sign of her or Apollo.
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

I was originally defending the game against those who said its' concept looked too similar to DGS, but seeing these new scans...

RiP DGS localization is all I'm really saying.
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Spyromed wrote:I was originally defending the game against those who said its' concept looked too similar to DGS, but seeing these new scans...

RiP DGS localization is all I'm really saying.

It looks nothing like DGS. Last time I checked England didn't have a crappy legal system where a spirit oracle decides your fate.
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

Blizdi wrote:Last time I checked England didn't have a crappy legal system where a spirit oracle decides your fate.
This game shouldn't have one of those, either.
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Holhol wrote:
Blizdi wrote:Last time I checked England didn't have a crappy legal system where a spirit oracle decides your fate.
This game shouldn't have one of those, either.
Huh? But it DOES, which is why Phoenix is trying to change that, that's who the point, it's UNFAIR and completely biased, because, like, if someone was mean to her, should could just be like "YEAH HE'S GUILTY"
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

I'm done with this series.

I am so DONE with this series. It has everything to do with a certain character being revealed earlier. I don't know if it's considered a spoiler, and I'll be frank, I don't care at this point, either.

I can trust the spinoff games to be fun, but as far as the main series goes? I'm done. I'm just DONE.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
spd12

Post by spd12 »

Rather than give emotionally charged off-the-cuff reactions of 'all the yes' or 'all the no' before the game is even out, I think the setting is at least really interesting.

What will make or break the game, to me, is whether or not they delve further into this culture of easy autopilot mystical prosecution and everything surrounding it. I have faith the individual cases will at least be potentially neat on their own merits, even if the overarching plot may end coming up short.

I'll give this game a chance unless further promo materials close to release paint a genuinely ghastly picture.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

I'm honestly not sure what it would take for AA6 to completely break me. I mean granted DD was bad but hell I still enjoyed/bought that. They'd have to pull some major crap to make me not want to at least play it and see what's up. PLvsAA did remind me just how much I enjoyed playing AA and not knowing the mystery. Sure I guess I could wait to watch a playthrough online but I still love playing it myself.

So bring it AA6. I can handle your new!Phoenix. SHOW ME WHAT YOU'VE GOT.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

AA6 has all the meh for me.

I'll probably still buy it, but... Meh.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

spd12 wrote:Rather than give emotionally charged off-the-cuff reactions of 'all the yes' or 'all the no' before the game is even out, I think the setting is at least really interesting.
Yeah, PLvAA had a pretty cool setting.

...wait
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

spd12 wrote:Rather than give emotionally charged off-the-cuff reactions of 'all the yes' or 'all the no' before the game is even out, I think the setting is at least really interesting.
Yeah, DGS has a pretty cool setting.

...wait

(Yes, I'm aware BP's makes more sense but... Just continuing the joke, is all.)
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

what joke
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

........good point.