Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones!

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Master Of Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones!

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Hello, and welcome to my text LP of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones! Been quite a while since I've done one of these. Gather around one and all, bow your heads to the RNG Goddess and pray. Seriously. I'm going to need it.

Now, for a little background information. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones is the 8th game in Nintendo's and Intelligent System's Fire Emblem series, and the second game in the series to be localized and brought to the States. It's probably one of the more obscure entries in the franchise (due in part, I think, to the fact that it is the only title among the localized games to not have any representation in Super Smash Bros), and it's the only entry in the series that doesn't have a story that spans across or has connections to more then one game. It's been criticized for being shorter and easier then other entries in Fire Emblem, but for the most part it still enjoys a decent positive reception. At the very least, the fandom fights over this game less then, say, Awakening and Fates, but that's not really saying much. In any case, this is one of my personal favorite GBA games of all time, so I decided to do a run through it and see how things go.

So here's how we're going to do things:

This is not going to be a spoiler-free run. I'm sure most of you have seen the plot already anyway, and honestly it's nothing to write home about. The disclaimer is there for those interested, however. I'm going to show the story in earnest (and poke fun at it along the way).

I'm going to be covering Erika's route. We will obtain everything the main story has to offer. I want to cover as much ground as possible because I love this game, but my interest/masochism won't hold me over to do two separate runs. I don't hate myself that much. Erika's route is my preference of the two, so we're doing that.

This thread will be easier to read if you know how Fire Emblem's mechanics generally work. I intend to point out every interesting tidbit of information I can, explain what the game does (and how it tries to screw you over), show you alternate dialogue, all that fun stuff, but I'm not going to talk about all the game mechanics as they come up. This is because I'm pretty sure almost everyone on this site has played a Fire Emblem game before, but I also just don't feel like typing up long walls of text. Even if you've never played one of the games, I don't think it's that hard to understand.

We're playing on Normal Mode. That way we can have something of a challenge while ignoring the game's grueling tutorials. Again, I also just don't hate myself enough to play Hard, even with save states on my side. I have a long history of screaming at my Fire Emblem disks/cartridges over dumb deaths. You'll most likely see many of those as is.

That's all for that. Enjoy the show, my friends.

Chapters:

None yet.
Last edited by Master Of Chaos on Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones!

Post by GuardianDreamer »

FE8 is my personal favorite out of the GBA Fire Emblem games, so I'll be watching this. It's also a good choice for an LP considering it's one of the shorter FE games (not counting postgame stuff which you're not doing).
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

GuardianDreamer wrote:FE8 is my personal favorite out of the GBA Fire Emblem games, so I'll be watching this. It's also a good choice for an LP considering it's one of the shorter FE games (not counting postgame stuff which you're not doing).
Same but without the GBA part. Currently still my favorite Fire Emblem after all. (Some day I'll play you, FE6 Hard Mode. Some day I'll actually play you and not get bored of gigantic maps in the early chapters.)

I'll be tackling FE4 and FE5 some time and just finished all three Fates routes on Lunatic so I'll be looking forward to this. (Bit disappointed it's not Hard Mode because Normal Mode Eirika is probably a joke, but hey, we'll see. Not judging or anything. H-Hmph.)
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Well, I'm still at FE7, but I guess I'll be watching this for a while. I know the basics, at least, so (I think) I won't get confused.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Master Of Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Post by Master Of Chaos »

This will happen eventually. It's just very tedious putting up a whole bunch of screenshots with the way forum posts work.
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)